KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Wireless karaoke mic? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

   
  * Login
  * Register

  * FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks


premium-member

Offsite Links


It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Wireless karaoke mic?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:03 am 
Offline
newbie
newbie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:34 am
Posts: 2
Been Liked: 0 time
I often organize parties. And, of course, sing karaoke. I already have one microphone, but I'm not completely satisfied with the sound quality. It doesn't reproduce a sufficiently loud and clear sound. And since the parties are held in a fairly large room, I would like the sound to be louder. And of course, I'm considering a wireless microphone. Maybe someone can advise a good option? Money is not the main thing, the main thing is good quality


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:37 pm 
Offline
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:57 pm
Posts: 22705
Songs: 35
Images: 3
Location: Tacoma, WA
Been Liked: 2046 times
Well it's not that easy. What is the system you are using, not all mics will work well with every type of system. If the system is not producing clear and loud sound, it might be time to bump to a better system, this might be the entire problem.

_________________
LIKE Lonman on Facebook - Lonman Productions Karaoke & my main site via my profile!
Image


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:37 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:24 pm
Posts: 4808
Location: Phoenix Az
Been Liked: 1117 times
to piggyback on Lonmans questions, you didn't say what mic you have either.
there is a difference in recommendation for better mics if you have a $20 Radio Shack special vs you having a Shure Beta87A.

_________________
Paradigm Karaoke, The New Standard.......Shift Happens


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:52 am 
Offline
newbie
newbie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:34 am
Posts: 2
Been Liked: 0 time
[quote="Paradigm Karaoke"]to piggyback on Lonmans questions, you didn't say what mic you have either.
there is a difference in recommendation for better mics if you have a $20 Radio Shack special vs you having a Shure Beta87A.[/quote]

I have AKG WMS40 and I'm not satisfied with the sound quality when it is used in larger rooms.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:40 am 
Offline
newbie
newbie

Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:48 am
Posts: 5
Been Liked: 0 time
Here are some good options: https://www.microphonetopgear.com/best-karaoke-microphones/. I am not a professional in this field, but I heard a lot of good reviews about BONAOK Wireless Bluetooth Karaoke Microphone


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:46 am 
Offline
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:57 pm
Posts: 22705
Songs: 35
Images: 3
Location: Tacoma, WA
Been Liked: 2046 times
Daria91 wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
to piggyback on Lonmans questions, you didn't say what mic you have either.
there is a difference in recommendation for better mics if you have a $20 Radio Shack special vs you having a Shure Beta87A.


I have AKG WMS40 and I'm not satisfied with the sound quality when it is used in larger rooms.
Not a bad mic, now back to my question, what are you currently using the mic on.

_________________
LIKE Lonman on Facebook - Lonman Productions Karaoke & my main site via my profile!
Image


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:48 am 
Offline
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:57 pm
Posts: 22705
Songs: 35
Images: 3
Location: Tacoma, WA
Been Liked: 2046 times
Mike91 wrote:
Here are some good options: https://www.microphonetopgear.com/best-karaoke-microphones/. I am not a professional in this field, but I heard a lot of good reviews about BONAOK Wireless Bluetooth Karaoke Microphone
All but three of those are absolute junk. The GTD and Innopow being the 3 possibles. But again, not knowing what the rest of the system is makes it hard to recommend proper.

_________________
LIKE Lonman on Facebook - Lonman Productions Karaoke & my main site via my profile!
Image


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:42 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:13 pm
Posts: 3431
Images: 1
Location: Florida
Been Liked: 1505 times
Lonman wrote:
Daria91 wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
to piggyback on Lonmans questions, you didn't say what mic you have either.
there is a difference in recommendation for better mics if you have a $20 Radio Shack special vs you having a Shure Beta87A.


I have AKG WMS40 and I'm not satisfied with the sound quality when it is used in larger rooms.
Not a bad mic, now back to my question, what are you currently using the mic on.

i have to agree with Lon, the AKG is not a bad mic. i had a pair and had to give up on them because FCC frequency issues.


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:00 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4705
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 263 times
I owned 2 sets and was very happy with the sound quality. The first set I sold because I had switched to a different brand due to one of the mics' grill getting broken. Ended up using one of that mic system's grills as a replacement for the broken one when the FCC sold off the frequencies of that system. Could have been using it today because the frequencies were in between the frequencies that were sold off but I didn't know it at that time. Lesson learned. The other set worked perfectly without me using my headset mic but there was major interference with the mics while using the headset so I replaced them with the successor of the set that I used one of the grills to replace the first set's grill.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:34 am 
Online
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 pm
Posts: 3611
Been Liked: 794 times
Lonman wrote:
The GTD and Innopow being the 3 possibles. But again, not knowing what the rest of the system is makes it hard to recommend proper.

I see the Innopow mics offered on Amazon. I wonder how they compare to the GTD Audio mics. Do you have any experience with them?

_________________
Electro-Voice Evolve 50... Taking Sound To The Next Level.


Last edited by Alan B on Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:15 am 
Offline
newbie
newbie

Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:12 pm
Posts: 4
Been Liked: 2 times
Alan B wrote:
Lonman wrote:
The GTD and Innopow being the 3 possibles. But again, not knowing what the rest of the system is makes it hard to recommend proper.

I see the Innopow mics offered on Amazon. I wonder how they compare to the GTD Audio mics. Do you experience with them?


I have the same question. One downside is that replacement Innopow microphones do not seem to be readily available like they are with GTD Audio. For the home karaoke setup that's probably not a huge issue.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:08 pm 
Online
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 pm
Posts: 3611
Been Liked: 794 times
GentlemanBronco wrote:
Alan B wrote:
Lonman wrote:
The GTD and Innopow being the 3 possibles. But again, not knowing what the rest of the system is makes it hard to recommend proper.

I see the Innopow mics offered on Amazon. I wonder how they compare to the GTD Audio mics. Do you experience with them?


I have the same question. One downside is that replacement Innopow microphones do not seem to be readily available like they are with GTD Audio. For the home karaoke setup that's probably not a huge issue.


For one thing, the mics are metal, not plastic. I'm guessing the sound quality would be similar.

This type of mic is what I would call a mic for drunks. Now, we all have our really good expensive Shure's or Sennheiser's. However, I am not going to put one of them into drunken hands or someone who has no respect for equipment. And this is where these inexpensive mics come in. They fill the need for these types of singers and if they should drop it and break it, it only costs $38 for a replacement instead of a couple hundred or more for the better mics.

It would be nice if I could let every singer use the better expensive mics but I am very fussy about my stuff and I don't want some idiot ruining my equipment because he or she is too drunk or can't hold on to a mic.

So, what we do is give the good mics to the singers we can trust and respect you and your equipment and the cheap ones to everyone else.

_________________
Electro-Voice Evolve 50... Taking Sound To The Next Level.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:18 pm 
Offline
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:57 pm
Posts: 22705
Songs: 35
Images: 3
Location: Tacoma, WA
Been Liked: 2046 times
Alan B wrote:
Lonman wrote:
The GTD and Innopow being the 3 possibles. But again, not knowing what the rest of the system is makes it hard to recommend proper.

I see the Innopow mics offered on Amazon. I wonder how they compare to the GTD Audio mics. Do you have any experience with them?

No I have not personally yet tried the Innopw. But I have talked with several others that have used both and basically come out with the sound is pretty comparable between the two - little handling noise, clear sound at normal input, neither can handle really loud singers well (distort/clip), the Innopow feels better (heavier like a better Shure) while being held however when they are dropped, are more vunerable to dents having the same type mesh screen as an SM58 - basically the same type grill while the GTD will handle drops better in that respect.

_________________
LIKE Lonman on Facebook - Lonman Productions Karaoke & my main site via my profile!
Image


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:19 pm 
Offline
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:57 pm
Posts: 22705
Songs: 35
Images: 3
Location: Tacoma, WA
Been Liked: 2046 times
Alan B wrote:

So, what we do is give the good mics to the singers we can trust and respect you and your equipment and the cheap ones to everyone else.
But if you can get the cheaper mic to sound as good (or close to) the better mic, why use the better mic at all?

_________________
LIKE Lonman on Facebook - Lonman Productions Karaoke & my main site via my profile!
Image


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:27 am 
Online
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 pm
Posts: 3611
Been Liked: 794 times
Lonman wrote:
Alan B wrote:

So, what we do is give the good mics to the singers we can trust and respect you and your equipment and the cheap ones to everyone else.
But if you can get the cheaper mic to sound as good (or close to) the better mic, why use the better mic at all?

I guess there would be no reason to.

_________________
Electro-Voice Evolve 50... Taking Sound To The Next Level.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:25 pm 
Offline
Super Poster
Super Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:50 pm
Posts: 725
Location: Southwestern Ontario, Canada
Been Liked: 346 times
I'm happy with my GTD Audio mics... decent sound, and the price certainly is right. Perhaps a little more prone to feedback than my Shure 58 and the Super 55.

_________________
Earl
(BS, PHD & Certified CurmuDJeon)

[font=Times New Roman]"Growing Old may be mandatory... but growing UP is still optional."[/font]


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GK Productions, Kredit_Juilk and 152 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Privacy Policy | Anti-Spam Policy | Acceptable Use Policy Copyright © Karaoke Scene Magazine
design & hosting by Cross Web Tech