KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - My new system Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

   
  * Login
  * Register

  * FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks


wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links


It is currently Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: My new system
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:02 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 pm
Posts: 3097
Been Liked: 678 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
Capt Frank wrote:
Lonman wrote:
Capt Frank wrote:
All in all, the guy behind the mixer makes the difference in any sound system, sadly not enough time is taken to generate the best sound they can for each singer.
This I agree and disagree with. Yes the person running sound is who will ultimately make a difference in the quality. However it's not so much lack of time (it only takes a few seconds to decently dial in a singer), but more of kj's either not knowing how to adjust their sound, not knowing the equipment, or simply doesn't adjust anyone (either by design or simply lazy - I talk with several kj's that say once they have their eq's set - that's it, they adjust nothing more other than volume on each channel.


That would be true if all karaoke tracks are the same, however, what I've found is you still need to tweak the eq some because not all tracks are the same, esp. the bass. I only say this because I do a lot of recording and I've had to adjust the EQ either in my mixer or DAW, adding some bass or high, but also with the singing as well. I know some that use digital mixers and they go out in the audience and set their EQs before the show, and that would be fine if it's a one singer show, doing the same set, I'm just not one of those people. Guess I'm just old school, but it does tell the audience that you care about each and every singer, and the feedback is tremendous. Conversely I know a KJ who is very popular goes out in the audience, mingles when the singer is on, but I hear a lot of comments that the singer is too loud, can't hear the music, system off, so who wins? Good music always wins out just my 2 cents.

Totally agree with this reply. Besides my rotation, giving the singer the attention needed sound wise has been my hallmark. If the system doesn't sound good, you end up with the I don't care, just here to have a good time and torture everyone with my horrible voice. That's not anywhere near my shows. I have a roommate that has attended a lot of my shows, heard my system through its changes and with the exception of the Line Array and Bose mixer combination, she has told me and so has the person who owns the venue that was forced to close down last October, who now works full-time as a musician recording his own music for TV shows. Even though I am a very close friend of my roommate, I highly respect his opinion more than my roommate because of what field of work that he does.


Danny, am I to believe what you just posted? Because your actions speak louder than words.

You say that having a system that sounds good is your hallmark but yet you're willing throw that Fender crap at your customers as opposed to something good like the Yamaha or EV as we discussed. So which is it? You can't say great sound is important to you if you are not willing to buy a great system that provides it.

_________________
Electro-Voice Evolve 50... Taking Sound To The Next Level.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: My new system
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:21 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4305
Songs: 1
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 198 times
Alan, I decided against the Fender speakers. Granted the speakers that I did choose isn't the Yamaha speaker or EV speaker that you have suggested because I need to get everything that I ordered delivered by a certain date. None of those speakers are available for the shipping method that I needed to use. I chose a pair of EV speakers that I am well aware of the quality of the sound that they are capable of because I have used them before. So while I may not have gotten the speakers that you suggested, I didn't go with the Fenders per your advice.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: My new system
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:34 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4305
Songs: 1
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 198 times
Well it's on its way.


Attachments:
BatPro_Front_web-4b677f046ec0eaaee54912cadd91dbea.jpg
BatPro_Front_web-4b677f046ec0eaaee54912cadd91dbea.jpg [ 13.92 KiB | Viewed 4314 times ]
ZXA1_left-2cd5da6cef921721d64fe7877cb93db3.jpg
ZXA1_left-2cd5da6cef921721d64fe7877cb93db3.jpg [ 59.83 KiB | Viewed 4314 times ]
QX1222USB_P0AKX_Top_XXL-7b24b55a9dbdbb21f7f9fb8f054c0f70.jpg
QX1222USB_P0AKX_Top_XXL-7b24b55a9dbdbb21f7f9fb8f054c0f70.jpg [ 113.01 KiB | Viewed 4314 times ]

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.
Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: My new system
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:55 pm 
Offline
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1697
Images: 0
Been Liked: 563 times
Alan B wrote:
Danny, am I to believe what you just posted? Because your actions speak louder than words.

You say that having a system that sounds good is your hallmark but yet you're willing throw that Fender crap at your customers as opposed to something good like the Yamaha or EV as we discussed. So which is it? You can't say great sound is important to you if you are not willing to buy a great system that provides it.


Alan, I can't believe you got sucked into this "Danny's new (ever changing) system" again.
He has got to be laughing, starting this thread up again...after he said he was done with this forum rant.

_________________
When a singer truly feels and experiences what the music is all about, the words will automatically ring true.
Monserrat Cabal


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: My new system
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:17 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 pm
Posts: 3097
Been Liked: 678 times
RLC wrote:
He has got to be laughing, starting this thread up again...after he said he was done with this forum rant.

True, but you know, everyone deserves a second chance.

While Danny has frustrated us all with his indecisive nature, there may be a reason for his behavior that we are not aware of. It may be that he lacks the confidence to make decisions for himself so he relies on others to make them for him.

To take this further, when someone does make a recommendation, he dismisses it which shows that he has a hard time making commitments. Maybe he's afraid of making a mistake and the rejection that may result from it. Or maybe he suffers from Low Self Esteem.

Without knowing any details of Danny's background, I cannot assess the situation with any significance. This is just speculation.

All in all, I'm sure Danny is a nice guy. Just a little misunderstood.

_________________
Electro-Voice Evolve 50... Taking Sound To The Next Level.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: My new system
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:13 am 
Offline
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1697
Images: 0
Been Liked: 563 times
Alan B wrote:
RLC wrote:
He has got to be laughing, starting this thread up again...after he said he was done with this forum rant.

True, but you know, everyone deserves a second chance.

While Danny has frustrated us all with his indecisive nature, there may be a reason for his behavior that we are not aware of. It may be that he lacks the confidence to make decisions for himself so he relies on others to make them for him.

To take this further, when someone does make a recommendation, he dismisses it which shows that he has a hard time making commitments. Maybe he's afraid of making a mistake and the rejection that may result from it. Or maybe he suffers from Low Self Esteem.

Without knowing any details of Danny's background, I cannot assess the situation with any significance. This is just speculation.

All in all, I'm sure Danny is a nice guy. Just a little misunderstood.

Maybe, but Danny has been doing this for years, ever since he learned how to post a stock picture from a website to this forum.
If you think Danny's previous post of "Well it's on its way" will actual come to fruition I have some swamp land I would like to show you.

_________________
When a singer truly feels and experiences what the music is all about, the words will automatically ring true.
Monserrat Cabal


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: My new system
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:28 am 
Offline
Super Poster
Super Poster

Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:09 pm
Posts: 839
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC
Been Liked: 224 times
I'd play that bar that was pictured with my Bose Compact. It looked like it is about the same size of my living room.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: My new system
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:34 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 pm
Posts: 3097
Been Liked: 678 times
rickgood wrote:
I'd play that bar that was pictured with my Bose Compact. It looked like it is about the same size of my living room.

I agree with this. He does have a JBL Eon One line array system that would be well suited to this venue.

_________________
Electro-Voice Evolve 50... Taking Sound To The Next Level.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: My new system
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:01 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4305
Songs: 1
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 198 times
Alan B wrote:
rickgood wrote:
I'd play that bar that was pictured with my Bose Compact. It looked like it is about the same size of my living room.

I agree with this. He does have a JBL Eon One line array system that would be well suited to this venue.

Except that it didn't work out that way. To obtain the proper volume level without causing feedback, I would have needed a couple more extension poles to raise the speaker to a proper height. The JBL is too low to the ground to be effective. Maybe the full sized L1 with a B1 Bass speaker but not the JBL.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: My new system
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:11 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4305
Songs: 1
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 198 times
For all the disbelievers. Definitely will get above the heads of the crowd. The picture of the bar wasn't during a show or early in the night. The crowd usually start showing up around 10:30 at night.


Attachments:
File comment: The picture is just of the system, not the way it's being set up for a show.
IMG_20180404_141012431.jpg
IMG_20180404_141012431.jpg [ 1.92 MiB | Viewed 4212 times ]

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.
Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: My new system
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:12 am 
Offline
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1697
Images: 0
Been Liked: 563 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
For all the disbelievers. Definitely will get above the heads of the crowd. The picture of the bar wasn't during a show or early in the night. The crowd usually start showing up around 10:30 at night.


Good for you Danny...congratulations. You did it!

_________________
When a singer truly feels and experiences what the music is all about, the words will automatically ring true.
Monserrat Cabal


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: My new system
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:20 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4305
Songs: 1
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 198 times
Just tested out the Bluetooth connection capability and it sounds great so far. I had a transmitter before I ordered one from Zzounds but the new one is so much better because I can pair both receivers to the new transmitter rather than have to pair one to the old transmitter and then stereo pair the other receiver to the other receiver.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: My new system
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:35 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 pm
Posts: 3097
Been Liked: 678 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
Just tested out the Bluetooth connection capability and it sounds great so far. I had a transmitter before I ordered one from Zzounds but the new one is so much better because I can pair both receivers to the new transmitter rather than have to pair one to the old transmitter and then stereo pair the other receiver to the other receiver.

Danny, congrats on your new system. But even more importantly... you have everything cluttering the table and I'm worried that you may accidentally knock over the vase with the flowers in it. So, please be careful. We don't want any accidents.

Now I know you're excited and that stands to reason but try not to be careless. Your safety is important to us. You know, I'm just looking out for you. By the way, such pretty flowers. Lol.

One more thing,,, why haven't you eaten the peep? Peeps can bring more joy that any sound system ever could.

_________________
Electro-Voice Evolve 50... Taking Sound To The Next Level.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: My new system
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:38 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4305
Songs: 1
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 198 times
I get to use my new system tonight and I can't wait. The Bluetooth function will have to wait until I get a new cable so I will be using standard cables between the speakers and the mixer.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: My new system
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:57 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 pm
Posts: 3097
Been Liked: 678 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
I get to use my new system tonight and I can't wait.

We are all anxiously waiting for you to tell us how everything went using your new system.

_________________
Electro-Voice Evolve 50... Taking Sound To The Next Level.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: My new system
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:04 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4305
Songs: 1
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 198 times
I won't get to test it out in a real situation until next Friday. The bar owner is back to his if he doesn't feel like there is going to be a crowd time to cancel the show mood and because the theater was allowing the Magnet high school to use the theater last night it was one of the nights that he felt like he wouldn't get a crowd that was coming from the theater die to it being teenagers and their families.
Buddy of mine thinks that I should start playing his game and tell him next week that I am not available for the night but that means that I don't work for 2 weeks in a row. Negative side, I don't make any money but the positive side is that I have the time to work on my library which is missing songs and has been losing them from each time I switched programs starting from when I tried to switch to OpenKJ and Ubuntu Studio. I am now back on Windows 10 and Siglos Karaoke Professional.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: My new system
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:21 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 pm
Posts: 3097
Been Liked: 678 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
I won't get to test it out in a real situation until next Friday. The bar owner is back to his if he doesn't feel like there is going to be a crowd time to cancel the show mood and because the theater was allowing the Magnet high school to use the theater last night it was one of the nights that he felt like he wouldn't get a crowd that was coming from the theater die to it being teenagers and their families.
Buddy of mine thinks that I should start playing his game and tell him next week that I am not available for the night but that means that I don't work for 2 weeks in a row. Negative side, I don't make any money but the positive side is that I have the time to work on my library which is missing songs and has been losing them from each time I switched programs starting from when I tried to switch to OpenKJ and Ubuntu Studio. I am now back on Windows 10 and Siglos Karaoke Professional.

The bar owner sounds like a real idiot and is breaking the #1 cardinal rule for bars offering karaoke... Be consistent. When a bar decides to offer karaoke, they need to make a commitment to it. The worst thing you can do is Start It & Stop It. If you're offering karaoke on a Friday night, then good or bad, it should go on EVERY Friday. With the only exception being a blizzard or a hurricane or severe snow storm.

There's always going to be good nights and bad nights. Sometimes you may have 25 singers and some nights you may have 10. That's just the way it is and part of doing business. But stopping and starting it up again is not the way to build up customers and create a following. In fact, it will piss people off. The people who would want to come out to sing to find that karaoke has been cancelled will find someplace to go.

Personally, this is not the type of person I would want to work for.

_________________
Electro-Voice Evolve 50... Taking Sound To The Next Level.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: My new system
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:18 am 
Offline
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1697
Images: 0
Been Liked: 563 times
Alan B wrote:
The bar owner sounds like a real idiot and is breaking the #1 cardinal rule for bars offering karaoke... Be consistent. When a bar decides to offer karaoke, they need to make a commitment to it. The worst thing you can do is Start It & Stop It. If you're offering karaoke on a Friday night, then good or bad, it should go on EVERY Friday. With the only exception being a blizzard or a hurricane or severe snow storm.

There's always going to be good nights and bad nights. Sometimes you may have 25 singers and some nights you may have 10. That's just the way it is and part of doing business. But stopping and starting it up again is not the way to build up customers and create a following. In fact, it will piss people off. The people who would want to come out to sing to find that karaoke has been cancelled will find someplace to go.

Personally, this is not the type of person I would want to work for.


I couldn't agree more with what Alan has stated, he is 110% correct.

_________________
When a singer truly feels and experiences what the music is all about, the words will automatically ring true.
Monserrat Cabal


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: My new system
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:51 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:13 pm
Posts: 3283
Images: 1
Location: Florida
Been Liked: 1428 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
<snipped> the positive side is that I have the time to work on my library which is missing songs and has been losing them from each time I switched programs starting from when I tried to switch to OpenKJ and Ubuntu Studio. I am now back on Windows 10 and Siglos Karaoke Professional.

Danny, you are starting to sound like KNF. Find a piece of software that offers what you need and don't look back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: My new system
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:26 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 pm
Posts: 3097
Been Liked: 678 times
Danny, I have a question for you. You don't have to answer if you don't want but... How much is the Marquee Cafe paying you?

_________________
Electro-Voice Evolve 50... Taking Sound To The Next Level.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 136 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Privacy Policy | Anti-Spam Policy | Acceptable Use Policy Copyright © Karaoke Scene Magazine
design & hosting by Cross Web Tech