KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Karaoke Software Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Karaoke Software
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:55 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 197 times
danrezzy wrote:
Don't know why Just Karaoke by TriceraSoft isn't listed here. I've been running it for 2 years on the laptop and it's really easy to use and has never let me down. So easy to access your files and load them in the song list. And really inexpensive at like $50. Does everything that I need to do except play CDG songs from a CD drive. I'm not a pro KJ but regularly have parties for hours with 10-30 guests. Never have a problem accessing ripped or downloaded songs stored on the hard drive. Easy to back up and restore on an external hard drive. Recently did a restore on a 2nd laptop and bought another license so that I have a backup laptop ready in case of a crash during a party, which would be embarrassing. Also, this allows me to easily buy or stream songs from the TriceraSoft song library while in the program. This gives me access to stream for $8.99 for a day over 50,000 songs and so gives my guest access to lots of songs that I don't own. Even though my owned collection is quite large, the streaming expands the selection incredibly at a low price for a night. It seems perfect for the semi-pro and was really easy to use to make the jump from disks to the laptop.

They are being sued out of existence, I suspect that has something to do with it.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:13 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 395 times
Right now,Justkaraoke and their other programs are the only downloads allowed in the USA.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:57 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
Karaoke.net - Has been available for a couple months now
allstardl.com - I don't think they have released anything new in a long time now, but they still provide "older" tracks

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:06 am 

Been Liked: 1 time
May I introduce my karaoke software here.

try Lolaoke : support ASIO/WASAPI, VST3 plugins 64 bits.

can Play any media format, can control from laptop/tablet/phone

link to the software and support forum www.karaoke4pro.com

it is completely free with ad may showing on the Catalog screen.

thanks,
karaoke4pro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:55 am 

Been Liked: 0 time
DO NOT BY PRODUCTS FROM KARAOSOFT.

I hate to use the phrase "I am glad that" with respect to the situation surrounding Karaosoft, but I AM glad to see that I am not the only one to receive this type of treatment.

I have used Karma for around 4 years through the karaoke business I worked for, I recently transitioned into working for myself, and having really liked Karma (it is simple, effective, and does what I want), I bought a license for a bundle option offered on Karaosoft's page without incident the bundle included the KJ hosting software, a file manager and a songbook generator.

About 2 weeks later later (and only 1 week ago from the time of this post), I had to buy a second license for an additional machine. I paid approximately $348 or so total for everything. I saw afterward that karaosoft offered the exact same 2 machine licenses with the extra software for $299. Feeling dumb for wasting 50 bucks I looked for their customer service line to see if they would refund me the difference, to give me the advertised bundle price. Their website says all of their customer support is handled through their facebook page now. So I got on facebook and contacted them. I spoke with Bob, who refused to help me, which was fine, but he then called me names threatened to revoke my licenses, insulted me and was an all around jerk. Yesterday, right before a show, he revoked all of my licenses, and has not issued me a refund of the $348 I spent.

Bob Latshaw is a thief, a liar, a manipulator and a fraud. After this conversation, he revoked all of my licenses and refuses to refund my purchase of $348. He banned me from being able to contact support, or refute anything or try to negotiate, and has refused to respond to any emails sent.

Here is the transcript of my experience with Bob:

MON 12:18PM

Me: Hello

Karaosft: Hello

Me: First off, love your software! I need some help, I recently purchased a single user software license for karma, in addition to some additional software (list generator, file manager). Then a week later (yesterday), bought a second license at the full price of 149. I see you have a combo deal to save $30 on 2 licenses, I am wondering if it is possible to be refunded the $30?

Karaosft: Sorry the discounts are applied during the order process and must be done on the same order.

Me:So can I cancel my orders for a full refund, then re-buy the combo deal?

Karaosft:No

Me: then how do i get the discount applied? it seems kind of unfair to offer a discount on 2 licenses, and refuse to honor it it's not that hard to reverse credit card charges

Karaosft: We honor it when it's used. You didn't use it and you didn't read. Who's fault is that?

Me: Excuse me? Of course it's my fault haha. But what kind of customer service is this? I've paid for the software licenses, you offer a discount. I'm not asking for anything unreasonable. I would like a refund of the discount, otherwise I would like to cancel my order, and recieve a complete refund you can see through my records that i have purchased the licenses. Both licenses. What's the hangup?

Me: Actually, what I have bought is the 199 combo back and an additional single license for 149. This totals $348. The combo pack for the exact same thing I have purchased, is only 299. So what I would really like is a refund of $49 to honor the 299 price.
or if you cant do that for... some unknown reason, then please cancel my licenses and issue me a full refund. I know you are in business to take care of your customers, and are not the kind of business to promote dishonest business practices. I'm confident you want what is best for your customers right?

Karaosft: What's the hangup? Dan, you're a dick. You're lazy. Your parents clearly raised you to believe that the world revolves around you and others are responsible for making up for your mistakes. This is the last time you'll be able to contact us here as you will be banned from the facebook page after this message. I only take care of good customers and you're not one of them. Take your business elsewhere. It's not welcome here. Don't try to purchase any more licenses as they will be revoked as well.

*This person isn't receiving messages from you right now.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:54 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 8 times
Yep I warned people here a year ago. The guy is bad news. The funny thing about karma: what comes around, goes around. He absolutely deserves what will be coming to him.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:53 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 92 times
karaoke4pro wrote:

link to the software and support forum http://www.karaoke4pro.com

thanks,
karaoke4pro

I took a look at your website, but I honestly had problems understanding all the features your product has to offer. Something is being lost in the translation.

Also most pro users have already invested in and regularly use an external mixer.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:20 am 

Been Liked: 1 time
BigJer wrote:
karaoke4pro wrote:

link to the software and support forum http://www.karaoke4pro.com

thanks,
karaoke4pro

I took a look at your website, but I honestly had problems understanding all the features your product has to offer. Something is being lost in the translation.

Also most pro users have already invested in and regularly use an external mixer.

thanks for looking BigJer.

Karaoke4pro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:23 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 25 times
Wow,
That is just crazy to me, how Karaosoft keeps doing that to his customers. Just saying, MTU.com was the first and still is around. We never treat out customers like that, so you know where you can come when you are ready!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:35 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 268 times
WolfmanDan wrote:
DO NOT BY PRODUCTS FROM KARAOSOFT.

I hate to use the phrase "I am glad that" with respect to the situation surrounding Karaosoft, but I AM glad to see that I am not the only one to receive this type of treatment.

I have used Karma for around 4 years through the karaoke business I worked for, I recently transitioned into working for myself, and having really liked Karma (it is simple, effective, and does what I want), I bought a license for a bundle option offered on Karaosoft's page without incident the bundle included the KJ hosting software, a file manager and a songbook generator.

About 2 weeks later later (and only 1 week ago from the time of this post), I had to buy a second license for an additional machine. I paid approximately $348 or so total for everything. I saw afterward that karaosoft offered the exact same 2 machine licenses with the extra software for $299. Feeling dumb for wasting 50 bucks I looked for their customer service line to see if they would refund me the difference, to give me the advertised bundle price. Their website says all of their customer support is handled through their facebook page now. So I got on facebook and contacted them. I spoke with Bob, who refused to help me, which was fine, but he then called me names threatened to revoke my licenses, insulted me and was an all around jerk. Yesterday, right before a show, he revoked all of my licenses, and has not issued me a refund of the $348 I spent.

Bob Latshaw is a thief, a liar, a manipulator and a fraud. After this conversation, he revoked all of my licenses and refuses to refund my purchase of $348. He banned me from being able to contact support, or refute anything or try to negotiate, and has refused to respond to any emails sent.

Here is the transcript of my experience with Bob:

MON 12:18PM

Me: Hello

Karaosft: Hello

Me: First off, love your software! I need some help, I recently purchased a single user software license for karma, in addition to some additional software (list generator, file manager). Then a week later (yesterday), bought a second license at the full price of 149. I see you have a combo deal to save $30 on 2 licenses, I am wondering if it is possible to be refunded the $30?

Karaosft: Sorry the discounts are applied during the order process and must be done on the same order.

Me:So can I cancel my orders for a full refund, then re-buy the combo deal?

Karaosft:No

Me: then how do i get the discount applied? it seems kind of unfair to offer a discount on 2 licenses, and refuse to honor it it's not that hard to reverse credit card charges

Karaosft: We honor it when it's used. You didn't use it and you didn't read. Who's fault is that?

Me: Excuse me? Of course it's my fault haha. But what kind of customer service is this? I've paid for the software licenses, you offer a discount. I'm not asking for anything unreasonable. I would like a refund of the discount, otherwise I would like to cancel my order, and recieve a complete refund you can see through my records that i have purchased the licenses. Both licenses. What's the hangup?

Me: Actually, what I have bought is the 199 combo back and an additional single license for 149. This totals $348. The combo pack for the exact same thing I have purchased, is only 299. So what I would really like is a refund of $49 to honor the 299 price.
or if you cant do that for... some unknown reason, then please cancel my licenses and issue me a full refund. I know you are in business to take care of your customers, and are not the kind of business to promote dishonest business practices. I'm confident you want what is best for your customers right?

Karaosft: What's the hangup? Dan, you're a dick. You're lazy. Your parents clearly raised you to believe that the world revolves around you and others are responsible for making up for your mistakes. This is the last time you'll be able to contact us here as you will be banned from the facebook page after this message. I only take care of good customers and you're not one of them. Take your business elsewhere. It's not welcome here. Don't try to purchase any more licenses as they will be revoked as well.

*This person isn't receiving messages from you right now.

For the record, since the purchase was fairly recent, you can call your credit card company, and dispute the charges. Keep the email of the exhcange to prove that your licenses were revoked.

-James

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:26 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 25 times
MTU.com is running a 40% off sale right now, for July 4th! You can get a 2 install of Hoster for 137.99, or 4 install for 253.99.

Just so everyone knows! www.mtu.com

We hope everyone has a fun and safe July 4th!

Bryan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:51 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 610 times
bry21317 wrote:
Wow,
That is just crazy to me, how Karaosoft keeps doing that to his customers.

Because people don't find out he's a complete douche until it is too late.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:22 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 99 times
Bazza wrote:
bry21317 wrote:
Wow,
That is just crazy to me, how Karaosoft keeps doing that to his customers.

Because people don't find out he's a complete douche until it is too late.

To answer bry21317, take a course in economics. That should explain most of it. They're just selling more. It also explains why your following post shows you putting your product on sale for 40% off. They've actually increased their prices a while back (which by the way, needs to be reflected in the listings for Karma and Songbooks Live at the top of this thread). If you have a beef with Karaosoft, which clearly seems to be the case when you have the listing for Karma saying "(no customer support)" next to it. They have great customer support. I've never had any problems with support, and considering I've only seen someone post about Bob going off on a customer like once or twice a year tops, clearly this is a very small minority of their customers, and it's the number of their customers that you all seem to be in denial over.

Bazza, clearly you have a bias. Not just by your comments, but by also adding things like "(no customer support)" to the Karma entry. The overwhelming majority of us Karaosoft customers have no problem with the support, and it does indeed exist despite you trying to convince people otherwise. Even if you're going to judge all customer support inquiries over a few people's experiences, at worst you can say "lousy customer support", but to say "no customer support" is without question an effort to blow something out of proportion to the extreme. Now it's understood that users of forums will lie left and right and it's a free speech thing, but when the board itself begins to take sides and actually lie in their efforts, that's when users need to question the integrity of this forum. Bazza, now I don't know where your position is on this forum, or even if you're just a user and they simply let you sticky your list of karaoke software on here, but it's clear that this board is at least behind you, so it's fair to say that you represent them.

In other words, you can't start a sticky thread that lists all of the products out there, AND in the same post tell people that they need to try each software out as if you don't want to be biased, but then in the same post clearly lie and appear obviously biased. I only know a couple other KJs personally that have used this forum, but both agree that there is a bias here. You could easily remedy this by at least making the leading post that lists what's out there not appear biased. We all know everyone has their preferences and biases, but it defeats the purpose of this thread if you yourself also appear that way.

Anyone who reads this thread can simply follow your words and easily come to the conclusion that you did not make this thread to make people think it's "intended to give YOU a head start on finding the best program for YOU". The conclusion I come to is that this is a thread to give BAZZA a head start in finding the best program for you. Have some integrity and at least make the first post unbiased, and if you really want to complete the integrity thing, you're the one person who shouldn't be commenting at all. You say Bob is biased to people, yet you're doing the exact same thing AND in a public forum. Just because all your buddies are here and always stand behind you doesn't make what you're doing any less visible. Bob is only biased to one or two customers a year and it's done in private messages. You're showing a bias in front of every single person who reads this thread, and, you start off the thread trying to say that you're NOT biased.

Look, it's not just Karaosoft, and it's not just this thread. The people who run this board have clear agendas in many areas, and it's why you still see the same few people making comments in every post. After all of these years of seeing the same thing, it's clear this board will never have a reputation as being fair and unbiased, and we will all continue to see more of the same. I'm just here to remind you that it doesn't go unnoticed. Believe it or not, us KJs do talk outside of this forum, and we do talk about this forum. Despite this board's name, this is NOT the karaoke scene. This is a small group of people who live in a bubble, and are under the delusion that every KJ reads this and listens with baited breath, despite the overwhelming evidence that there's always only a few people who do all the talking.

I've even stopped coming here on a regular basis. It's why I'm responding to a comment that's almost 3 weeks old. I'm not the only one. This board has been dying a slow death for some time and it's sad. You're all great at telling everyone else to get their act together, but people who don't have their own act together usually are.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:51 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 204 times
Your stats are suspect. I know for a fact that your numbers are a guess and incorrect.

I can tell you personally that my experience with customer support was insulting and disrespectful, but I declined to post the content of the messages I received from that company.

Perhaps, it should be changed from "no support" to condescending, arrogant, insulting, disrespectful and abusive "support". :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:35 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
once or twice a year? try a week.
you are so far the only one who seems to not have a bad experience dealing with you...i mean Bob.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:35 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

MtnKaraoke wrote:
Your stats are suspect. I know for a fact that your numbers are a guess and incorrect.

I can tell you personally that my experience with customer support was insulting and disrespectful, but I declined to post the content of the messages I received from that company.

Perhaps, it should be changed from "no support" to condescending, arrogant, insulting, disrespectful and abusive "support". :roll:

For a fact? How would anyone know for a fact? None of these companies are publicly traded and even if you worked for one of them, you still wouldn't know the sales of the others. Yes, they are a guess, but they're a well educated guess. I don't know the exact numbers, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to look at the top karaoke software sites over the last 5 years to figure out who's winning the game. Again, its basic economics. Karaosoft has raised their prices and has the longest list of positive testimonials, and most new KJs I know are buying and using Karma and their other apps as well. Meanwhile, Compuhost and MTU look like the older apps from the 90s that they still are, and if everyone loves their products so much, you'd think that they too would have a long list of positive testimonials on their web sites. They don't. Why? Compuhost's site has a long list, but it's just them posting a ridiculous long list of features, most of which are "duh" features like "CUE Song Selections for Next-Play". Wow, what an advancement in KJ technology. MTU just this April posted a picture on their facebook page saying "what do you think of our new buttons". New buttons? The buttons went from windows 2000 style to windows XP style. Need I remind you that it's 2016 and even Microsoft has dropped support for Windows XP. Also, if MTU is so great, why would they ever need to lower their prices? Someone is cutting into their margins, and considering Compuhost hasn't changed much with design and price either, who exactly do you think is hurting their sales?

Look, everyone has their preference, and I'm sure Compuhost and MTU will have loyal customers for years to come, but to even imply that they're currently winning the sales game is pure fantasy. Yes, we are all guessing, but a guess based on an understanding of how economics works is usually the way to go.

I don't need the sales figures of Fiat to know that Honda and Toyota are blowing them out of the water. I look at their prices, I look at how many are on the road, and most importantly, I can just look over their cars and see that there probably isn't a huge demand for them because they're just not as appealing and up to date. It's that way in virtually every industry. Why would the karaoke industry be any different?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:45 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Perhaps I should post the thread where Bob finally insulted me and lost me as a customer.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:04 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 204 times
KaraokeIan wrote:
For a fact?

Yes.
You stated that "...and considering I've only seen someone post about Bob going off on a customer like once or twice a year tops"

I stated that I know for a fact that Bob "goes off on a customer" more than once or twice a year.

I supported my statement by example. I am someone who he has insulted and disrespected more than once or twice in the same year.

Your numbers are a guess and incorrect. Fact.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:09 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

For every person that has posted their negative interaction, I am sure there is at least one that has not. Not to mention the folks that use it and don't come to this forum.

I can only imagine how screwed the Karma users are who don't have English as their first language.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:09 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

chrisavis wrote:
I can only imagine how screwed the Karma users are who don't have English as their first language.

Anyone who uses an English only app and doesn't speak English is probably well versed in computers or at least familiar with Google translation tools. Besides, you're assuming all people need support or even use it. I'm sure in the early years when their apps were a little buggy it was an issue, but these days I doubt it.

I do think all of the English karaoke apps would sell a ton more if they offered them in other languages. Unfortunately none of these companies seem to have the resources to handle multilingual customers. They're all run by like one person or only a small handful of English speaking people.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next