KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Karaoke.net Song Requests discussion!!! Public Forums Karaoke Discussions New Music - Request & Released Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 3:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:26 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
Karaoke Croaker wrote:
Maybe I'm reading it wrong. Are you telling me that there are people at your show that sing the Dolly Parton version of "IMAGINE" on a regular basis? I've heard people sing the Lennon version plenty of times but I've never seen anyone sing the Parton version of the song.
No I thought you meant John Lennon - Imagine, not Dollys version - which is different enough from Johns version that if someone wanted it, i'd get it for them. But yes on the Stairway, it's been done a few times and not by the same person.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:32 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 108 times
I just feel that the song isn't different enough or popular enough to get made for karaoke; especially if it would take the place of another song being made instead. Why are only positive votes allowed? If Justin Beiber puts out a version of "MY WAY" and someone requests it, why should that song be made before another song that is new and not just a re-make of a very old song, if the only real difference is the tempo of the song?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:37 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Karaoke Croaker wrote:
I just feel that the song isn't different enough or popular enough to get made for karaoke; especially if it would take the place of another song being made instead. Why are only positive votes allowed? If Justin Beiber puts out a version of "MY WAY" and someone requests it, why should that song be made before another song that is new and not just a re-make of a very old song, if the only real difference is the tempo of the song?
A non vote (ie simply ignoring the request made) is a negative vote. Don't want to see a song made, don't vote on it! However for those that do, will - that is a positive vote.
If Justin Beiber recorded My Way and people wanted to sing it - that is enough reason to make it for karaoke - there is a demand for it. If a lot of people were asking for it, obviously there is interest. If no one was asking to sing it or didn't vote on the song request (simply ignoring it), then there is no other interest from others and chances are the song will never be made.
However we are talking Beiber, no one really wants to sing him.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:38 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

There might be ONE person out there who likes Justin Beiber enough to request it. ONE person making a request shouldn't be enough to get a song made. If there are 50 regular participants on this board and no one adds a positive comment about a particular song after it is requested, does that mean that there are 49 negative votes for the song? If the answer to that question is yes, why is it a problem for someone to give an explanation for their negative feeling about the song? A negative vote is still a negative vote. Is a silent negative vote so much better than a negative vote that has an explanation? I requested a relatively new country song that has not been made for karaoke as of yet. I will be curious to see if it gets made before the Gretchen Wilson song gets made.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:38 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

No explanation is needed why YOU personally feel it shouldn't be made.
Someone requesting one song that no one else votes on is speaking loudly enough meaning no one else is interested. Therefore a manu is not going to make that song.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:41 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I think that ignoring a song title completely could possibly make a manufacturer think that some people might actually buy it if they made it. If 50 people took the time to type out that they would never buy a particular song, they would leave a manufacturer with a completely different feeling about making the song. There is a big difference between feeling apathetic about a song and just thinking that making a song would be a big mistake. Maybe the song in question will be the first new song that Sound Choice puts out in over six years?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:23 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Yeah I disagree since I've actually talked with some of the manus on how their voting systems work. If a song is put up and no one votes on it, it's pretty much pushed aside until more interest is generated and they focus on the songs that are actually getting active interest by the majority. A non-vote is just that - no interest. They aren't going to make a song because 1 person asked for it & no one else is voting on it! :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:41 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
Karaoke Croaker wrote:
I think that ignoring a song title completely could possibly make a manufacturer think that some people might actually buy it if they made it. If 50 people took the time to type out that they would never buy a particular song, they would leave a manufacturer with a completely different feeling about making the song. There is a big difference between feeling apathetic about a song and just thinking that making a song would be a big mistake. Maybe the song in question will be the first new song that Sound Choice puts out in over six years?

To quote Barbra Streisand:
Quote:
Don't bring around a cloud to rain on my parade.
EVERYONE has some song request which others here might not care for. If I were to ask for some obscure song that YOU didn't like or care for, or you felt it was too obscure to be worth a Manufacturer's time and money, and you voiced that here (after I asked that some thought and consideration be given to it), I would feel insulted and hurt. After all, YOU are not the Manufacturer. YOU don't work for them, and YOU don't get to decide for them! If a response came directly from a Manufacturer, stating that they can't justify producing that song, I wouldn't feel hurt or insulted at all (maybe a little disappointed, but that's all). A direct response from a Manufacturer would at least show me that they are listening and gave some consideration towards my suggestion (even if it's not the answer I would have wanted to hear).

Based on a single song request by one person (with nobody else here saying anything about it (a Yay or Nay vote)), I'm sure the Manufacturer can make an educated decision all on their own as to whether they want to consider that request or not. By YOU coming around and posting that YOU feel the Manufacturer should not consider someone else's song suggestion, is like slapping that person in the face and saying your suggestions mean NOTHING. You might as well just come out and say "Shut the **** up!" to that person. I posted this comment before... I've had several requests (not just song requests) that were put down from some forum members here, and it wasn't done respectfully. Sometimes, if you don't support someone else's requests, it is better to just say nothing at all. It's not that much different when someone else comes on here and posts that I am using "Dead Technology," and the manufacturer shouldn't listen to any of my requests, and I should learn to adapt. Well, I still use discs, and I see this Manufacture (Karaoke.net) IS making songs available for custom DISCS. So much for old technology being dead.

Last edited by Cueball on Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:35 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
cueball wrote:
Karaoke Croaker wrote:
There is a big difference between feeling apathetic about a song and just thinking that making a song would be a big mistake.

To quote Barbra Streisand:
Quote:
Don't bring around a cloud to rain on my parade.
EVERYONE has some song request which others here might not care for. If I were to ask for some obscure song that YOU didn't like or care for, or you felt it was too obscure to be worth a Manufacturer's time and money, and you voiced that here (after I asked that some thought and consideration be given to it), I would feel insulted and hurt. After all, YOU are not the Manufacturer. YOU don't work for them, and YOU don't get to decide for them!
By YOU coming around and posting that YOU feel the Manufacturer should not consider someone else's song suggestion, is like slapping that person in the face and saying your suggestions mean NOTHING. You might as well just come out and say "Shut the **** up!" to that person.

My sentiments, exactly. Kudos to you Cue for telling it like it is. Thanks. I got blasted for requesting a song I thought at first he was the manu liaison or spokesperson. I even double check the thread title. Clearly enough it sez “Karaoke.net song request”. Page 4 of this thread, Lonman posted “Request anything you want”.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:51 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Exactly! A request is just that - a request. If I personally feel it's something that shouldn't be done, I do not 2nd it as will anyone - but won't try to put the request down because SOMEONE wanted it otherwise it wouldn't have been requested in the first place, keep the personal opinions to yourself!. If it's something i'd like to see as well, i'll damn sure 2nd it!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:23 pm 

Been Liked: 0 time
I do karaoke in my garage when I throw parties, and I've got a TON of friends who are dying to do karaoke to a lot of the songs from the Hamilton soundtrack. Does anyone have any good suggestions on what software is available that could take those songs and turn them into karaoke friendly tracks?

I was looking at Karaoke Builder Studio, but don't know what the best solution is that balances quality, price, and can be learned by someone with now sound editing experience.

Thanks,

Bob