KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Singers Showcase: comments/critique visible to members only. Administrative Comments, Suggestions & Questions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Jun 06, 2024 8:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:54 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 11 times
Phill, Is there any advantage allowing the whole internet to see a critique, or even members comments on a SS song ? I'm not speaking of blocking anyone else from listening to the songs, yet just perhaps viewing the Critique's, or comments in general. BLocking these features from outside Karaoke Scene. I don't think it benefits the performer, when the people commenting also realize they too are making a presentation to the whole internet community. It also makes for the performing person to possibly feel that they must save face in front of the internet within the reply content regarding their Critique. Some perhaps do feel this way, others of course do not. Yet I see NO purpose in the whole internett seeing a person has "pitch problems" etc.

Since some of us are working on critiquing honestly here, I think having the internet viewing the critiques especially, impedes this process.

I can understand an advantage to in wanting everyone "ouside" to see that it's fun in here (in order to promote the site) and this might be a way for people to see this; yet quite honestly... Would it be best if comments, and Critiques were ONLY visible to people who have joined Karaoke Scene ?

I'm also not sure how difficult it would be for you to block these separately, I don't know about your software capabilites regarding certain aspects.

Just a thought.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:05 pm 
webmaster
webmaster

Been Liked: 122 times
Steve -

Interesting idea. I think i had mentioned this as an option before but I am not certain what became of it.

Maybe i should have an option where the submitter can select:

Public Comments (Everyone can read)

Private Comments (only submitter can read)

This will take a bit of work - but it may be possible. This would also have to be modified in the user profile view all comments section.

But it is an idea.

Lets see if we can get a concensus from members.

Phill

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:06 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
I can see blocking it from non-members, but I, as a member, enjoy seeing what other people have said before me and it sometimes leads to some pretty interesting threads within songs which can be pretty amusing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:30 pm 
I totally agree roxy... members should be able to view comments on songs just to keep everyone honest and also help members see how good comments/critiques are done... non-members would see a banner saying "To see comments on this submission join today!! Membership is FREE!" yada yada yada... reading comments can help members also hear things in a song they may not otherwise heard when it is pointed out by another person... just a thought- tig

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:47 pm 
webmaster
webmaster

Agreed - I modified so only members can view comments

Hope that helps. It will keep the "world" (non-members) from reading, but Members can read.

What about the other idea should I not worry about that?

Oh please oh please... ha ha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:58 pm 
I think that private comments is an option that already exists phil- in the form of PM's... at least with "public" comments, viewable by members only, it will help keep a handle on the language and subject of comments on songs... people couldn't be taken to task if they are way out of line... - tig

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:57 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

I would like a way to post comments sometimes only to the submitter. To be up front, married or no, this will come off less like 'hitting on' on some of the female posters, yet in a friendly way commenting on their music. There is of course PMs and buddy lists to make friends, and then people you kinda don't know and perhaps don't have time to get to know. Both Syber and I have a massive life outside of KS and yet we still spend hours in here.

I am not sure, but I guess you should only allow members to critique and maybe even read critques. That keeps the real strange ones from coming in and posting off the wall stuff and being crude, rude, and generally obnoxious.

You have quite a community here, and it should be open to anyone who is into karaoke and wants to be part of it.

just more rambling.

jvj

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:33 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey PHiLL...... :whistle:

Comments are back to being viewable even when you are not logged in,,,,, so something has gone awry.....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:23 am 
webmaster
webmaster

Hmmm - I guess I'll need to fix that...

Not certain what happened but I will fix that

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:30 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Phil -

I really feel it should be up to the person submitting the songs if he/she wants people outside of SingersShowcase/KaraokeScene to view comments or not. A feature similar to a PRIVATE or PUBLIC guestbook on other sites.   Would that feature be possible to implement?  

Thanks for all your hard work!
JW |;>

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:16 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 25 times
Personally, I think it's fine the way it is now. I'm happy that only members can read comments on subs. Submitters can always say 'please PM critiques' or whatever in their description if they want to.

If it isn't already, I would like to see the SS Forum made the same way... availble only for members to read.

Discussion forum could be kept open to draw in new members.