KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Signs of Recovery III Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:07 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 964 times
I think about the people who deny Covid or feel their freedoms are threatened or who just hate any authority in their lives and who insist they can do anything they want any time they want and who name call or otherwise dismiss people who are prepared to heed the call by our political and medical leaders to obey health regulations.

We are not the “sheep”. We are just as unhappy as everyone else when we cannot work or shop or visit or travel as we used to do. We don’t like the restrictions any better than anyone else does. However, we are the ones who are strong and kind and respectful members of our communities. We are willing to take precautions to protect ourselves and others.

We don’t whine and snivel and stamp our feet like two year olds. We don’t hide behind false rhetoric and misinformation and phony facades. We are the ones who continue to help others when we can, not call them silly names. We stand strong and bold and fearless in our fight to keep our friends and family and even strangers safe and healthy in these difficult times. We are not sheep; we are community warriors. And we hold our ground and stand firm for you.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:45 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 347 times
Alan B wrote:
I think about the people who deny Covid or feel their freedoms are threatened or who just hate any authority in their lives and who insist they can do anything they want any time they want and who name call or otherwise dismiss people who are prepared to heed the call by our political and medical leaders to obey health regulations.

We are not the “sheep”. We are just as unhappy as everyone else when we cannot work or shop or visit or travel as we used to do. We don’t like the restrictions any better than anyone else does. However, we are the ones who are strong and kind and respectful members of our communities. We are willing to take precautions to protect ourselves and others.

We don’t whine and snivel and stamp our feet like two year olds. We don’t hide behind false rhetoric and misinformation and phony facades. We are the ones who continue to help others when we can, not call them silly names. We stand strong and bold and fearless in our fight to keep our friends and family and even strangers safe and healthy in these difficult times. We are not sheep; we are community warriors. And we hold our ground and stand firm for you.

And we do it for you whether or not you deserve it or not. We do it because we're real human beings that care whether or not any of us lives we're willing to in affect give up our own freedoms or liberties because we believe that life trumps liberty when it comes down to fighting the war against covid-19. The needs of the many outweigh the wants of the few or the one.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:11 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 608 times
Senator Debbie Stabenow has sponsored the "Medicare at 50 Act", which would allow citizens at 50 to buy into and be part of current Medicare, rather than wait till they are 65. Too many have to quit their jobs due to health issues in their 50's and are hoping to survive until 65 so they can get Medicare. Since most were covered by employer health plans, they lose their coverage, especially now due to Covid-19 causing many to be unemployed. This would greatly improve the health care delivery system in this country. People could get medical attention on a preventive level, reducing costs to Medicare down the road. It would also keep the current system solvent, since it is due to be running at a negative level, in the next four years.

Kaiser did a survey in which 77% of those canvased said they want a 50 year old buy in option for Medicare, 69% of them were Republican. I think this would go a long way in closing the gap in our current health care coverage for older citizens.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:44 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Well the Republicans have finally come out with it's version of an infrastructure plan costing somewhere between 600 and 800 billion dollars. They propose to pay for it by increasing the gas tax and user fees, which falls most heavily on the common working class. They want to avoid raising taxes on large corporations that are paying no tax what so ever. So tell me again why working blue collar workers are supporting this party?

Biden is trying to keep his pledge on not raising taxes on anyone making under 400,000 a year. Personally I don't know anyone earning that kind of money. Also the Republican plan does not want free community college, elder care, or any of the human infrastructure benefits that are in the Biden infrastructure bill.

It is plain to see where the parties are and how difficult it will be to reach a compromise. At least Joe Manchin said he would not support the Republican play since it would harm workers that have to commute in his state. He is actually in favor of a 4 trillion dollar bill, as long as it is paid for. The position of the Republicans I hope will show him how difficult reaching a compromise will be. On thing interesting is for once the Republicans at least came up with a counter proposal. That is because they are under pressure to get something done, and increase jobs.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:17 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 9 times
Like to know what does this have to do with karaoke????...lol..I thought this was a forum for karaoke....lol

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:28 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

GK Productions wrote:
Like to know what does this have to do with karaoke????...lol..I thought this was a forum for karaoke....lol

Recovery is important to help keep the karaoke industry going. No recovery no bar shows. Maybe instead of politics we should be talking more about shows getting going and how successful they are becoming. I have a possibility of a show and am hoping to be successful with it while doing what I can to do it successfully while still following what guidelines remain in my state. They just okayed indoor singing but placed a restraint on how close a singer can get to the audience. That tells me that until they lift that restraint I have to control how close they get and disallow the ability to wander around the venue freely. In my opinion that means going back to wired mics. A friend of mine has already gone back to wired mics and I actually like how he is doing it so I am trying to replicate his method which is to provide enough wired mics so each singer gets their own for the night.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:28 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

GK Productions wrote:

If you haven't noticed because of the pandemic, karaoke has been limited or completely stopped. It occurs in super spreader venues, and is itself a super spreader activity. Hosts want to know about recovery, and when it will be safe to return to the business. So yeah it does deal with the karaoke industry.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:29 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

mrmarog wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:
I am just coming out and finding that many friends and business associates have passed away, some from covid-19, some from complications due to the pandemic. We have had snow birds from Canada that have been particularly hard hit, nearly a third have passed.

For a place that is locked down tighter than a drum you sure have a lot of personal experiences with people dying from Covid. Karaoke has been 100% open since August. No masks, No social distancing, No screens or shower curtains, No special restrictions on singers...... completely normal. KJ's have been taking care with sanitation of mics and other common items.

What is missing are ALL the Democrats. They are afraid of their own shadows. I send out an email to 325 recipients every week. I ask for feedback about any Covid19 problems they have encountered. Since August I have not received a single problem from anyone attending my show.

I did go to a show in July and there was a 50ish lady that became ill 2 days later. She recovered and no one else got sick. She was a singer too. Floridians must be more resilient.

Just because I don't go out much, doesn't mean I don't write letters, call on the phone, and use e mails. There are ways to keep in touch without really having to go out. Do you really think those that get your e-mail will truthfully say if they are sick or not? Not one problem that you know of, that is. Still you have to admit Florida has one of the highest infection and death rates in the country, like most states with large populations. So not all Floridians are resilient, just like not all Texans.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:16 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

President Biden's new American Families Plan, will go a long ways in solving some of the problems faced by working young families. For every dollar it spends it is expected to grow GDP, and cut costs of existing programs such as law enforcement, since crime should be reduced. Especially interesting is the part about making Community College tuition free. This will better educate and train our work force to handle the new jobs of the future. This is the type of investment this country needs to stay competitive with other industrialized nations. Stopping expensive wars, and not wasting tax dollars on failed weapons systems, like the F-35 fighter, which only make defense contractors rich. Truly rewarding work, and not wealth.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 2:51 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 128 times
GK Productions wrote:

The original thread was about the karaoke industry recovery, but it's gone far off the rails since. It's like the Star Wars saga. Once it was taken from the original author, it lost it's direction.

Let's fix that.

For starters, Karaosoft sales are bouncing back big. March sales were more than triple that of January, and April was even better. Track sales through iCroons affiliates are also significantly up. The karaoke industry is definitely recovering after it's worst hit in our lifetime. This is probably the last time anyone needs to hear from me on the subject. The worst of the pandemic is over here in the U.S. and most are now recovering. Some venues and KJs didn't survive, and we are all saddened by their loss. However, this is recovery time. Time to lick the wounds and get back on our feet. I don't think continued bickering about politics in a non-election year is a good use of time right now. We have far more important things to get done. For a lot of people, that includes catching up on neglected bills, and the only way to do that is to get back to work.

Bickering doesn't pay the bills.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 10:57 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 17 times
Like I said, "it will all go back to normal when everyone gets the virus."

On another note, there will always be a few who like to bloviate on a variety of subjects, other than, the topic or karaoke. They do what they do best...BLOW.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 6:30 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

I'm still skeptical that the industry can make a recovery soon. My son is coming from Chicago to visit in just a few days. We have all been vaccinated but it is impossible to have outdoor dining for more than six people. Even if all have been vaccinated. that would mean if you have a party of 8, two would have to sit at a separate table. So by no means are we out of the woods. In fact we are still in desperate times, since so many refuse to get their shots. So many poorer nations can't get the vaccine, and yet their populations become infected, and new strains of the virus are continually mutating. Some new variants might be immune from the current vaccines, then what?

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 5:14 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Lone Ranger, I'm still skeptical of you, or any retired person's negative advice. You put yourself in a position of never being positive about working. If you were positive about working, you wouldn't be retired. Talk to people with common interests. We don't need a Debbie Downer right now. We don't have a retirement income and we have real bills to pay.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 11:45 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
I'm still skeptical that the industry can make a recovery soon. My son is coming from Chicago to visit in just a few days. We have all been vaccinated but it is impossible to have outdoor dining for more than six people. Even if all have been vaccinated. that would mean if you have a party of 8, two would have to sit at a separate table. So by no means are we out of the woods. In fact we are still in desperate times, since so many refuse to get their shots. So many poorer nations can't get the vaccine, and yet their populations become infected, and new strains of the virus are continually mutating. Some new variants might be immune from the current vaccines, then what?

In CT, one can eat inside at a table of 8 so I don't accept the 6 people outside rule.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 5:39 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Bob Latshaw wrote:
Lone Ranger, I'm still skeptical of you, or any retired person's negative advice. You put yourself in a position of never being positive about working. If you were positive about working, you wouldn't be retired. Talk to people with common interests. We don't need a Debbie Downer right now. We don't have a retirement income and we have real bills to pay.

Facts are facts, if you don't like them then encourage everyone to get their shot, it is the only way to reach herd immunity. A plain tale is best told plainly. Oh by the way I worked over 50 years, I think it is time to let others have a chance.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 3:08 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
Oh by the way I worked over 50 years, I think it is time to let others have a chance.

That's extremely nice of you to let them have a chance.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 1:34 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 964 times
Bob Latshaw wrote:
We don't need a Debbie Downer right now.

WHAT DOES DEBBIE DOWNER MEAN?

Debbie Downer is a name for someone who is constantly making others feel bad or dampening the mood of a group with negative comments.

WHERE DOES DEBBIE DOWNER COME FROM?

While a downer has been used to refer to a “depressing person” since at least the 1970s, the name Debbie Downer was popularized by a hit Saturday Night Live sketch starring Rachel Dratch, who played a character named Debbie Downer. This character consistently ruins a group’s fun by sharing unsolicited sad remarks.

The original Debbie Downer sketch aired on May 1, 2004 with Dratch’s character interrupting a family vacation to Walt Disney World with negative contributions to each conversation topic. Featuring host Lindsay Lohan, the first Debbie Downer sketch has gone down as one of SNL’s finest moments. Installments of the Debbie Downer sketch ran regularly on SNL from 2004–06.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 4:09 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Bob Latshaw wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:
Oh by the way I worked over 50 years, I think it is time to let others have a chance.

That's extremely nice of you to let them have a chance.

Part of giving someone a chance to earn a living, is having a safe and healthy work environment. Earning a living shouldn't have to mean you have unsafe working conditions.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 7:36 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Lone Ranger, you need a drink, or something. Good God, get out of your house for a night and kick back. You're as stiff as the stick that's stuck up your....

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 8:31 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Bob Latshaw wrote:
Lone Ranger, you need a drink, or something. Good God, get out of your house for a night and kick back. You're as stiff as the stick that's stuck up your....

I get out of the House Every Day Bob. I do it in a responsible way. So what you do is sell karaoke software right, you don't host any shows? So you are not dealing with anyone directly are you? Not stiff just careful, I social distance, wear my mask, and have had my shots. I am traveling during Memorial Day Weekend to Laughlin, and Las Vegas, and following all of the safety steps. You can still do things but you have to be responsible.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next