KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Signs of Recovery III Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

   
  * Login
  * Register

  * FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks


premium-member

Offsite Links


It is currently Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:25 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 pm
Posts: 4111
Been Liked: 964 times
mrscott wrote:

You have the sense of humor of a fetchin' tree stump. :banghead:

mrscott: I'm sure you are a nice man. But, there was no reason for this condescending post. It was very immature. I would suggest trying to act more like an adult. I would also suggest apologizing to LoneRanger.

I have been following LoneRanger's posts for quite a while and can say that his posts reflect that he cares about the health, wellbeing, and safety of his fellow American. He has a good heart.

I can only hope you take a moment to reflect on your negative and derogatory actions and try to grow as a person. Thank you.

_________________
Electro-Voice Evolve 50... Taking Sound To The Next Level.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:08 am 
Offline
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:49 pm
Posts: 2076
Been Liked: 229 times
Alan B wrote:
mrscott wrote:

You have the sense of humor of a fetchin' tree stump. :banghead:

mrscott: I'm sure you are a nice man. But, there was no reason for this condescending post. It was very immature. I would suggest trying to act more like an adult. I would also suggest apologizing to LoneRanger.

I have been following LoneRanger's posts for quite a while and can say that his posts reflect that he cares about the health, wellbeing, and safety of his fellow American. He has a good heart.

I can only hope you take a moment to reflect on your negative and derogatory actions and try to grow as a person. Thank you.


First off Alan, I would ask you to mind your own business. I do believe him to be able to speak for himself. His response just supports my statement. Now, yes, I will agree and say that I believe he is an honest, caring man. A man who is well spoken (at most times) and a man of integrity. But he is not known, nor has he shown to have much of a sense of humor. My earlier comment to him was taken way too seriously, it's honestly mind boggling how one can misconstrue the meaning and not respond with at least a chuckle. Was it rude of me? maybe... but it's an honest response, and if he wants an apology, I will gladly give him one.

Now,, let's talk "condescending". You can take a good look in the mirror and repeat your remarks. I see how often you say condescending things to almost every single poster on here. In my opinion, you are one of the rudest people I have ever come across on any message board. That's how I see it. Sorry if that is offensive to you, but that is my opinion. Have a great day.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:21 am 
Offline
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:22 am
Posts: 5352
Been Liked: 608 times
Guys let us all try to get along, and have a meaningful discussion on the subject of Signs of Recovery. Everyday I think there is more to be positive about, and that maybe we are on the verge of finally working together to try and solve the many problems that face this nation. My lack of a sense of humor might be due to the fact that everything has been a struggle to get where I am today. My parents were children of the Great Depression, and they both suffered through WWII, on the battle front, and the home front. Naturally I would be more serious than most people. I am opposed to a reality in this country that too many are born into poverty, and they never escape it. Dust should not be everybody's destiny except for a fortunate few.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:48 am 
Offline
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:49 pm
Posts: 2076
Been Liked: 229 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
Guys let us all try to get along, and have a meaningful discussion on the subject of Signs of Recovery. Everyday I think there is more to be positive about, and that maybe we are on the verge of finally working together to try and solve the many problems that face this nation. My lack of a sense of humor might be due to the fact that everything has been a struggle to get where I am today. My parents were children of the Great Depression, and they both suffered through WWII, on the battle front, and the home front. Naturally I would be more serious than most people. I am opposed to a reality in this country that too many are born into poverty, and they never escape it. Dust should not be everybody's destiny except for a fortunate few.


I also grew up with parents that were products from the Great Depression as well. My mother served in WWII in Guam. Life for us children was tough growing up dirt poor in the backwoods of Montana. So, don't go thinking that is a cause of a lack of a sense of humor. Life is already hard enough without having the ability to laugh at serious things once in awhile, especially ourselves. If we can't laugh at the clowns that we elect, then what can we laugh at?


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:04 am 
Offline
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:49 pm
Posts: 2076
Been Liked: 229 times
And as far as having a "serious" discussion about where things stand today, and the future, we can talk about it all we want in here, and it will mean absolutely "nothing". Heck, we could actually come up with solutions for ALL the world problems on this board, and it will go absolutely nowhere,,, ,why you ask??? Because the right people are not listening to anything that is being said on a karaoke forum. They. Don't. Care. But if it makes you feel any better, go ahead and chat away.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:02 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:13 pm
Posts: 3676
Images: 1
Location: Florida
Been Liked: 1578 times
Florida is all about signs of recovery! If only other states would follow suit. Texas has, and is now doing great too. Texas and Florida are the number two and number three most populous states.

Things have been very relaxed since August 2020, and our death rate stayed level, then climbed, as expected from mid Nov to early Jan 2021. Since then the death rate has steadily gone down.

Infections have increased along with vacationer numbers, but the death tolls stayed flat or even decreased. Florida has concentrated on the number of deaths, and worried less about the infection rate. By doing so we have been able to live a pretty normal life here.

Today, Oregon announced that they might make mask wearing mandatory and PERMANENT. I guess that goes along with making riots, looting, and burning permanent and a "new normal"

I go out quite frequently and seldom wear a mask, except when required. I've even stopped being crazy about hand sanitizing. Mask wearing is getting less common every day, and so are the places requiring them..... yet everyone I know is still alive! Yes, I know quite a few who have gotten Covid19, survived, and have moved on from the fear mongering.

I too know many that have gotten vaccinated, been told they still need to be vigilant because of Covid19 dangers, but carry on with a near normal life...... after all why not.... we've gotten the "cure".

Now word has it that "we" may always have to get booster shots! This is where I draw the line. I now feel that as a healthy population our best choice is HERD AMMUNITY. The US Government and Fauci followers, want us to do as told and don't ask questions.

Not me, I prefer to live free and die free. That is FREEDOM! Our children, and the teachers go to school every day, and come home every afternoon, like pre-Covid19 times. Our children will move on in school and graduate without compromised learning.

Dr. Seuss books are still on the shelves, and our young children's innocence is kept in tact because Florida does not push sex as mandatory instruction in elementary classes.

Florida didn't need to recover because it never lost anything. How are things in your area?


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:08 pm 
Offline
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:22 am
Posts: 5352
Been Liked: 608 times
mrmarog wrote:
Florida is all about signs of recovery! If only other states would follow suit. Texas has, and is now doing great too. Texas and Florida are the number two and number three most populous states.

Things have been very relaxed since August 2020, and our death rate stayed level, then climbed, as expected from mid Nov to early Jan 2021. Since then the death rate has steadily gone down.

Infections have increased along with vacationer numbers, but the death tolls stayed flat or even decreased. Florida has concentrated on the number of deaths, and worried less about the infection rate. By doing so we have been able to live a pretty normal life here.

Today, Oregon announced that they might make mask wearing mandatory and PERMANENT. I guess that goes along with making riots, looting, and burning permanent and a "new normal"

I go out quite frequently and seldom wear a mask, except when required. I've even stopped being crazy about hand sanitizing. Mask wearing is getting less common every day, and so are the places requiring them..... yet everyone I know is still alive! Yes, I know quite a few who have gotten Covid19, survived, and have moved on from the fear mongering.

I too know many that have gotten vaccinated, been told they still need to be vigilant because of Covid19 dangers, but carry on with a near normal life...... after all why not.... we've gotten the "cure".

Now word has it that "we" may always have to get booster shots! This is where I draw the line. I now feel that as a healthy population our best choice is HERD AMMUNITY. The US Government and Fauci followers, want us to do as told and don't ask questions.

Not me, I prefer to live free and die free. That is FREEDOM! Our children, and the teachers go to school every day, and come home every afternoon, like pre-Covid19 times. Our children will move on in school and graduate without compromised learning.

Dr. Seuss books are still on the shelves, and our young children's innocence is kept in tact because Florida does not push sex as mandatory instruction in elementary classes.

Florida didn't need to recover because it never lost anything. How are things in your area?


As an individual you have the right to take your shot or not take your shot, or for that matter the booster shot if needed. What you don't have the right to do is go out and infect others. Just like smoking is banned in public places, so should the spreading of a pandemic also be controlled for the public good. As being in a populous state also, I also have weathered the pandemic storm so far, many have died that didn't need to, if as a nation we had hung tough. Then again I can only draw on my military experience, if we would have been faced with similar problem their is no question that we all would have been vaccinated, whether we liked it or not. That is why I don't understand 40% of the Marine Corp saying they won't get vaccinated? It sure wasn't optional when I was in the service, if we were ordered to get a shot, guess what we did it.

I am just coming out and finding that many friends and business associates have passed away, some from covid-19, some from complications due to the pandemic. We have had snow birds from Canada that have been particularly hard hit, nearly a third have passed. Common sense protection of public health should not come down to a question of personal freedom, rather it should be a question of morale responsibility, something my parents taught me. How would it have gone during WWII if everyone hadn't all pitched in to fight Fascism? Where would your precious freedom be then? Only a child doesn't realize that public good trumps personal freedom!


Last edited by The Lone Ranger on Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:09 pm 
Offline
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:22 am
Posts: 5352
Been Liked: 608 times
[quote="The Lone Ranger"] Sorry for double post.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:22 pm 
Offline
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:22 am
Posts: 5352
Been Liked: 608 times
mrscott wrote:
And as far as having a "serious" discussion about where things stand today, and the future, we can talk about it all we want in here, and it will mean absolutely "nothing". Heck, we could actually come up with solutions for ALL the world problems on this board, and it will go absolutely nowhere,,, ,why you ask??? Because the right people are not listening to anything that is being said on a karaoke forum. They. Don't. Care. But if it makes you feel any better, go ahead and chat away.


I take a different view, talking about problems and identifying solutions are the first steps in solving problems. That is where all change comes from good or bad. All movements start with people coming together to form a consensus. Even when this country started only a third of the population was for a republic, a third wanted to stay with Great Britain, and a third did not care. I not only chat on here, I also write letters make calls, and send in ideas, maybe someone who is out there will listen, you never know.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:55 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 pm
Posts: 4111
Been Liked: 964 times
mrscott wrote:
In my opinion, you are one of the rudest people I have ever come across on any message board.

My dear mrscott;

I'm sorry that you find me so rude. But that's OK. You are entitled to your opinion.

I have always been one to speak the truth, at least what I believe to be the truth. I speak from the heart and say exactly what I feel. I don't sugar coat it. I'm not trying to be rude, just honest.

It has always been my intention to offer advice that may be beneficial. I am not trying to be hurtful, I'm trying to be helpful.

I believe my being helpful led you to your purchase of the Evolve 50.

_________________
Electro-Voice Evolve 50... Taking Sound To The Next Level.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:56 am 
Offline
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:24 pm
Posts: 5036
Location: Phoenix Az
Been Liked: 1238 times
mrmarog wrote:
Florida is all about signs of recovery! If only other states would follow suit. Texas has, and is now doing great too. Texas and Florida are the number two and number three most populous states.

Texas and Florida are doing worse in deaths this week alone
Texas 1.4/100,000
Florida 2/100,000
and for comparison
California 1.2/100,000
New York 1.3/100,000
Arizona 1/100,000


mrmarog wrote:
Things have been very relaxed since August 2020, and our death rate stayed level, then climbed, as expected from mid Nov to early Jan 2021. Since then the death rate has steadily gone down.

the death rate is increasing, not decreasing
as it is in Texas
But not increasing in
California
New York
Arizona

mrmarog wrote:
Infections have increased along with vacationer numbers,

like you said, this was expected
mrmarog wrote:
but the death tolls stayed flat or even decreased.

not so as i showed above
mrmarog wrote:
Florida has concentrated on the number of deaths, and worried less about the infection rate. By doing so we have been able to live a pretty normal life here.

and deaths are increasing

mrmarog wrote:
Today, Oregon announced that they might make mask wearing mandatory and PERMANENT.

not permanent, The proposal would keep the rules in place until they are “no longer necessary to address the effects of the pandemic in the workplace.”

mrmarog wrote:
I guess that goes along with making riots, looting, and burning permanent and a "new normal"

would be better if they just joined an insurrection attempting to lynch the Vice President and congress.

mrmarog wrote:
I go out quite frequently and seldom wear a mask, except when required. I've even stopped being crazy about hand sanitizing.

self centered, but ok...
mrmarog wrote:
Mask wearing is getting less common every day, and so are the places requiring them..... yet everyone I know is still alive! Yes, I know quite a few who have gotten Covid19, survived, and have moved on from the fear mongering.

good for you, i'll pass that on to the families of the 24 that i personally know who have died from it, but since it didn't personally affect you they don't matter.

mrmarog wrote:
I too know many that have gotten vaccinated, been told they still need to be vigilant because of Covid19 dangers, but carry on with a near normal life...... after all why not.... we've gotten the "cure".

no one has ever called it a cure.
ever.
vigilant because they will most likely not get sick from catching it after their vaccination, but can still spread it to people who are compromised. my neighbor, for instance, his wife is in the thick of chemo. her husband does the shopping for obvious reasons, and can catch it easily from some self-centered jerk who refuses to wear a mask and spreads it to him who then takes it home to her. he won't get sick, he got vaccinated but she can't. now she got it because wearing a simple piece of cloth scares the daylights out of these same self-centered people who claim to not be afraid.

mrmarog wrote:
Now word has it that "we" may always have to get booster shots! This is where I draw the line. I now feel that as a healthy population our best choice is HERD AMMUNITY. The US Government and Fauci followers, want us to do as told and don't ask questions.

boosters are a normal part of vaccines and herd immunity. herd immunity requires at least 85% vaccination.
this is science.
without boosters, nearly all vaccinations lapse, then so does herd immunity.
look at measles, people are not getting boosters and here it comes back again.
herd immunity gone

mrmarog wrote:
Not me, I prefer to live free and die free. That is FREEDOM!

don't forget to add "I will do what I want because nobody but me matters.
if it could help someone else, f them, they are not important at all, all that matters is I get what I want."
most parents try to teach their children to not be like that, and if children can learn to care about someone else other than themselves....

mrmarog wrote:
Our children, and the teachers go to school every day, and come home every afternoon, like pre-Covid19 times. Our children will move on in school and graduate without compromised learning.

so will mine even though they spent a year in remote learning. they are all on track as if they had been physically in school the whole time because teachers were still teaching, students were still learning.

mrmarog wrote:
Dr. Seuss books are still on the shelves,

of course, they were not banned, never were. one of them. not a single one.

mrmarog wrote:
and our young children's innocence is kept in tact because Florida does not push sex as mandatory instruction in elementary classes.

the United States still has the highest teen birth rate in the industrialized world.
they are still having sex, they just don't know how to be safer about it because people clutch their pearls and think saying nothing means they will not encounter sex.
we are the only industrialized country scared of the "S" word with kids and the result speaks for itself.
but this is not about that, this is about the rising death rates in Florida and Texas from covid.

_________________
Paradigm Karaoke, The New Standard.......Shift Happens


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:49 am 
Offline
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:22 am
Posts: 5352
Been Liked: 608 times
It has come to my attention that a local host I know has come down with Covid-19 for a second time. He got the virus early on during the pandemic and got over it, he was lucky, although he then had a preexisting condition. He was doing his show without wearing a mask, with minimal safe guards. So for awhile he tightened up and wore his mask and followed improved his safety procedures. He did, however, continue to do shows, because he needed the money. From what I have been told by those patrons that did attend his performances, he was playing to rotations of 8 to 10 people. The little money he was making surely did not out weigh the risk he was taking.

I'm surprised that venues would continue to pay for entertainment due to the low customer traffic? I guess they were throwing everything at the wall to see what stuck. The host thought because he had natural immunity he could ignore safe guards, and started not wearing a mask again. His herd immunity wore off, and he was infected by the new U.K. strain, so again he is not working after risking his life now twice. He had that live free or die mind set, he chose for himself, that was his right. What about all of those who attended his shows?

There are currently almost 40% of the population mostly Republican that feel that getting a shot is taking away their freedom. What about the 60% they are endangering, what about their rights to live and be free of Covid-19? To me the ultimate example of those who don't want to follow rules, who place personal freedom over everything are the homeless. You know those people walking down the streets collecting bottles and cans, we pretend not to see. They are indeed free, they have no job, no family, no responsibilities except to themselves. Anytime you try and take them off the street the truly hardcore homeless will follow rules for awhile, until they get a shower, a meal, and some medical attention. When they feel their personal freedom is being lost what do they do? Naturally they go back to the street, where there are no rules.

One cannot equate freedom with having no obligations to the society they live in. We are all required to do things to keep society functioning. Right now our society is not functioning as well as it did in the past because so many want to be free totally of any responsibilities. The way things work in this country is a contract between those in charge and those living in our society. We are all bound by this social contract, without all of us doing our part, everything unravels, just like it did on January 6th, the day our Republic came under siege. Mostly by those "Live Free Or Die" folks, those "Don't Tread On Me" who wanted to tread on all of the rest of us.


Last edited by The Lone Ranger on Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:53 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 pm
Posts: 4111
Been Liked: 964 times
mrmarog wrote:

I go out quite frequently and seldom wear a mask, except when required. I've even stopped being crazy about hand sanitizing.

...and you are the reason the pandemic won't go away.

Tell me, oh brilliant one... What is so fu*kin hard about wearing a mask, when doing so can save lives.

Are you so self centered that you don't care about anyone except yourself?

Not following the rules and doing the right thing is similar to drunk driving...by driving drunk, you're putting an innocent person's life at risk. Yes, your actions can kill people.

So, have you always been a self centered moron who doesn't care about anybody but himself? Oh, that's right... you're following in the footsteps of your lord and master, Mr. Trump.

Please excuse me if I sound rude, in which I have been accused of. But I rather be rude than a stupid moron who doesn't care about anybody but himself.

_________________
Electro-Voice Evolve 50... Taking Sound To The Next Level.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:14 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:13 pm
Posts: 3676
Images: 1
Location: Florida
Been Liked: 1578 times
LR and Paradigm, thank you for your totally down pat, expected, inaccurate, and regurgitated talking points. Your ability to tell a lie so many times that it becomes the truth is quite a talent.

The death numbers are always several days to a couple of weeks from being accurate. The increases you displayed are your numbers, mine are different. Figures lie, and liars figure. As an engineer I learned early that if a certain result was desired, the desired result could be achieved, sometimes, merely by looking at it differently.

If I had the flu and had contact with someone, and they got the flu, would I be held responsible? Of course not. If your shots, masks, sanitizing, distancing, etc, isn't enough to protect yourself from me, maybe you should stay home. Oh..... you already are!

I don't know about you, but my life has been all about taking risks, and I refuse to stop making my own decisions about my destiny. If you want your fearless leaders to tell you how to live, then I suggest you stay where you are and enjoy your "new way of life". If your politicians have their way this really will be the new norm.

I had a heart attack 4 months ago with a 95 percent blockage of the LAD aka "widow maker", and I barely survived it. I would rather get covid19 and get a natural immunity, than get injected with something that is not a true vaccine, and locked into a lifetime of booster shots, and be dependent on the gov't for my survival.


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:44 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:13 pm
Posts: 3676
Images: 1
Location: Florida
Been Liked: 1578 times
Alan B wrote:
mrmarog wrote:

I go out quite frequently and seldom wear a mask, except when required. I've even stopped being crazy about hand sanitizing.

...and you are the reason the pandemic won't go away.

Tell me, oh brilliant one... What is so fu*kin hard about wearing a mask, when doing so can save lives.

Are you so self centered that you don't care about anyone except yourself?

Not following the rules and doing the right thing is similar to drunk driving...by driving drunk, you're putting an innocent person's life at risk. Yes, your actions can kill people.

So, have you always been a self centered moron who doesn't care about anybody but himself? Oh, that's right... you're following in the footsteps of your lord and master, Mr. Trump.

Please excuse me if I sound rude, in which I have been accused of. But I rather be rude than a stupid moron who doesn't care about anybody but himself.

Paradigm, You sure are an angry man! It would be hell to be your neighbor.


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:09 am 
Offline
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:49 pm
Posts: 2076
Been Liked: 229 times
mrmarog wrote:
Alan B wrote:
mrmarog wrote:

I go out quite frequently and seldom wear a mask, except when required. I've even stopped being crazy about hand sanitizing.

...and you are the reason the pandemic won't go away.

Tell me, oh brilliant one... What is so fu*kin hard about wearing a mask, when doing so can save lives.

Are you so self centered that you don't care about anyone except yourself?

Not following the rules and doing the right thing is similar to drunk driving...by driving drunk, you're putting an innocent person's life at risk. Yes, your actions can kill people.

So, have you always been a self centered moron who doesn't care about anybody but himself? Oh, that's right... you're following in the footsteps of your lord and master, Mr. Trump.

Please excuse me if I sound rude, in which I have been accused of. But I rather be rude than a stupid moron who doesn't care about anybody but himself.

Paradigm, You sure are an angry man! It would be hell to be your neighbor.


Alan is the angry man, and oh yes he is one.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:57 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:13 pm
Posts: 3676
Images: 1
Location: Florida
Been Liked: 1578 times
Thank you MrScott I pointed out the wrong "angry man", so now we have two. :cry:


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:47 am 
Offline
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:22 am
Posts: 5352
Been Liked: 608 times
mrmarog wrote:
LR and Paradigm, thank you for your totally down pat, expected, inaccurate, and regurgitated talking points. Your ability to tell a lie so many times that it becomes the truth is quite a talent.

The death numbers are always several days to a couple of weeks from being accurate. The increases you displayed are your numbers, mine are different. Figures lie, and liars figure. As an engineer I learned early that if a certain result was desired, the desired result could be achieved, sometimes, merely by looking at it differently.

If I had the flu and had contact with someone, and they got the flu, would I be held responsible? Of course not. If your shots, masks, sanitizing, distancing, etc, isn't enough to protect yourself from me, maybe you should stay home. Oh..... you already are!

I don't know about you, but my life has been all about taking risks, and I refuse to stop making my own decisions about my destiny. If you want your fearless leaders to tell you how to live, then I suggest you stay where you are and enjoy your "new way of life". If your politicians have their way this really will be the new norm.

I had a heart attack 4 months ago with a 95 percent blockage of the LAD aka "widow maker", and I barely survived it. I would rather get covid19 and get a natural immunity, than get injected with something that is not a true vaccine, and locked into a lifetime of booster shots, and be dependent on the gov't for my survival.


I see that you place little value on your life, having escaped death by a narrow margin. Because of your age and preexisting condition, you are at great risk. Maybe you think that the vaccines are not true because they boost your existing immune system, rather than give you a weak version of the actual virus? You seem perfectly comfortable about following fearless leaders like Trump, who by the way he and his wife and family have all taken the vaccine. It doesn't seem to have effected their freedom. They are still out and about spreading their propaganda. I am of the mind you are within your rights to live as you will, that is until it effects the lives of others. Feel free to take risks, but don't expect others to want to take those risks with you.

For myself I'm ready for a new approach to dealing with this country's problems. You can keep the Republican idea that somehow, the rich will see their error of their ways, and trickle down, a little help to the rest of us. Like it or not we are all in the same boat, as long as this country is united, and the needs of the many out weigh the special treatment of the few. Justice and rights belong to all people or to none. You can't deprive the rights of others to for you own selfish whims. We have to return to civic responsibility, if we don't then eventually there will be a splitting of this country. Which I'm ok with let the Red States be on their own, and let the Blue do their own thing. That is the only solution unless we return to the principles that have guided this country for so long.

P.S. Oh by the way comparing this pandemic to the common flu, is another example of a false equal. It is a gross degrading of a deadly threat, that will become more dangerous as it continues to change and new variants emerge, that might resist the current vaccines. By the way if you have Social Security and Medicare then you are already dependent on the government, you kept your direct payments I'm sure, you didn't give them back did you?


Last edited by The Lone Ranger on Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:59 am 
Offline
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:22 am
Posts: 5352
Been Liked: 608 times
mrmarog wrote:
Thank you MrScott I pointed out the wrong "angry man", so now we have two. :cry:


Why wouldn't they be angry, waste always makes me angry, and nothing is more wasteful than to deny science, and use the excuse for putting society at risk, that your personal freedom is threatened. That is why years ago Reagan closed all of the mental hospitals in California, to save money. He said it was wrong to keep people locked up where they could be cared for, they should be out. Most of the homeless really belong in a hospital setting, their mental problems, and addiction problems. Putting them out in society creates other major problems. If they are put in prison like many are, the state is still paying for their care, only it is making private prisons and their owners wealthy.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:11 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:13 pm
Posts: 3676
Images: 1
Location: Florida
Been Liked: 1578 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
It has come to my attention that a local host I know has come down with Covid-19 for a second time. He got the virus early on during the pandemic and got over it, he was lucky, although he then had a preexisting condition. He was doing his show without wearing a mask, with minimal safe guards. So for awhile he tightened up and wore his mask and followed improved his safety procedures. He did, however, continue to do shows, because he needed the money. From what I have been told by those patrons that did attend his performances, he was playing to rotations of 8 to 10 people. The little money he was making surely did not out weigh the risk he was taking.

The Lone Ranger wrote:
I am just coming out and finding that many friends and business associates have passed away, some from covid-19, some from complications due to the pandemic. We have had snow birds from Canada that have been particularly hard hit, nearly a third have passed.


For a place that is locked down tighter than a drum you sure have a lot of personal experiences with people dying from Covid. Karaoke has been 100% open since August. No masks, No social distancing, No screens or shower curtains, No special restrictions on singers...... completely normal. KJ's have been taking care with sanitation of mics and other common items.

What is missing are ALL the Democrats. They are afraid of their own shadows. I send out an email to 325 recipients every week. I ask for feedback about any Covid19 problems they have encountered. Since August I have not received a single problem from anyone attending my show.

I did go to a show in July and there was a 50ish lady that became ill 2 days later. She recovered and no one else got sick. She was a singer too. Floridians must be more resilient.


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 196 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Privacy Policy | Anti-Spam Policy | Acceptable Use Policy Copyright © Karaoke Scene Magazine
design & hosting by Cross Web Tech