KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Signs of Recovery III Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:20 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 347 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
It has come to my attention that a local host I know has come down with Covid-19 for a second time. He got the virus early on during the pandemic and got over it, he was lucky, although he then had a preexisting condition. He was doing his show without wearing a mask, with minimal safe guards. So for awhile he tightened up and wore his mask and followed improved his safety procedures. He did, however, continue to do shows, because he needed the money. From what I have been told by those patrons that did attend his performances, he was playing to rotations of 8 to 10 people. The little money he was making surely did not out weigh the risk he was taking.

I'm surprised that venues would continue to pay for entertainment due to the low customer traffic? I guess they were throwing everything at the wall to see what stuck. The host thought because he had natural immunity he could ignore safe guards, and started not wearing a mask again. His herd immunity wore off, and he was infected by the new U.K. strain, so again he is not working after risking his life now twice. He had that live free or die mind set, he chose for himself, that was his right. What about all of those who attended his shows?

There are currently almost 40% of the population mostly Republican that feel that getting a shot is taking away their freedom. What about the 60% they are endangering, what about their rights to live and be free of Covid-19? To me the ultimate example of those who don't want to follow rules, who place personal freedom over everything are the homeless. You know those people walking down the streets collecting bottles and cans, we pretend not to see. They are indeed free, they have no job, no family, no responsibilities except to themselves. Anytime you try and take them off the street the truly hardcore homeless will follow rules for awhile, until they get a shower, a meal, and some medical attention. When they feel their personal freedom is being lost what do they do? Naturally they go back to the street, where there are no rules.

One cannot equate freedom with having no obligations to the society they live in. We are all required to do things to keep society functioning. Right now our society is not functioning as well as it did in the past because so many want to be free totally of any responsibilities. The way things work in this country is a contract between those in charge and those living in our society. We are all bound by this social contract, without all of us doing our part, everything unravels, just like it did on January 6th, the day our Republic came under siege. Mostly by those "Live Free Or Die" folks, those "Don't Tread On Me" who wanted to tread on all of the rest of us.

Again I argue that all individual right to freedom or liberty are superceded by the right of others to life.

Last edited by DannyG2006 on Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:25 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1578 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
mrmarog wrote:
Thank you MrScott I pointed out the wrong "angry man", so now we have two. :cry:

Why wouldn't they be angry, waste always makes me angry, and nothing is more wasteful than to deny science, and use the excuse for putting society at risk, that your personal freedom is threatened. That is why years ago Reagan closed all of the mental hospitals in California, to save money. He said it was wrong to keep people locked up where they could be cared for, they should be out. Most of the homeless really belong in a hospital setting, their mental problems, and addiction problems. Putting them out in society creates other major problems. If they are put in prison like many are, the state is still paying for their care, only it is making private prisons and their owners wealthy.

LR, you are so quick to point out Republican mistakes, but point out any Democrat's errors.

Look at "Auntie Maxine's" latest insurrection of Minneapolis! It might cause a call for a mistrial of the Chauvin case. How about Eric Swallwell sleeping with a Chinese spy, and he's on the intelligence committee. And Your Gov is doing such a fine job! He might even get the honor of being recalled. You have so many bad politicians that only Illinois tops California.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:29 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

The preamble should be sufficient for making mandates for masks and vaccines constitutional.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:40 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
Again I argue that all individual right to freedom or liberty are superceded by the right of others to life.

There are plenty of examples throughout history where "a few" have had to be sacrificed for the "good of many" Every war, and the soldiers that died, are examples of that.

Covid19 is a war, and the victims have been mostly the elderly. I would bet that if the elderly were asked to put their lives on the line in order to save 350 million people's right's to freedom, most would take the chance in order to keep our nation well and thriving.

It doesn't sound like you are in that category. You only care about your own health and not the mental health and hard work that all the families hurt by being shut down.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:55 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

DannyG2006 wrote:
The preamble should be sufficient for making mandates for masks and vaccines constitutional.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Where is justice when hard working people loose everything because they won't let you open your business.

Where is tranquility when you let thugs burn down cities, while the owners of businesses watch it burn.

Where is liberty when we are forced in to lock down. We weren't asked, we were told! that is not Liberty!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:02 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

General welfare gives the government the right to legally mandate masks and vaccines.
Life trumps liberty anyway because you can't enjoy your liberty if you are dead.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:04 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 608 times
mrmarog wrote:
LR, you are so quick to point out Republican mistakes, but point out any Democrat's errors.

Look at "Auntie Maxine's" latest insurrection of Minneapolis! It might cause a call for a mistrial of the Chauvin case. How about Eric Swallwell sleeping with a Chinese spy, and he's on the intelligence committee. And Your Gov is doing such a fine job! He might even get the honor of being recalled. You have so many bad politicians that only Illinois tops California.

Gee MrMarog are you deflecting now? I thought that was my shtick! Minneapolis is not an insurrection, it is not calling for the violent overthrow of our government like Jan 6th. It is a riot that has racial injustice overtones. Biden said peaceful protest is ok, when you riot then you lose the support of the government and the people, for your cause. As usual you are making a false equivalency.

P.S. By the way Ted Nugent has said for a long time the virus was a hoax. That is until he caught Covid-19, he is 72 and had flu signs for 10 day so severe he said, "I thought I was going to die". He also made comments about how people were sheep, I guess that makes him a lone wolf in sheep's clothing? Bah Bah!

Last edited by The Lone Ranger on Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:13 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

mrmarog wrote:
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Where is justice when hard working people loose everything because they won't let you open your business.

Where is tranquility when you let thugs burn down cities, while the owners of businesses watch it burn.

Where is liberty when we are forced in to lock down. We weren't asked, we were told! that is not Liberty!

You can't run a business that is a public health hazard, or a danger to the community. That is why we have public regulations, that is not something new.

If their is no justice how can there be any peace? No peace no tranquility. It is up to us to restore balance to a system that is unjust to so many simply because of the color of their skin. The original sin was slavery and many are still suffering because of that sin.

This is the most untrue of all of your statements. You are being asked to take your shot like a good little boy, you are not being forced. The reason we are forced to be lock down maybe again is because guess what 40% of the population doesn't want to get their shot. That's fine as long as they don't go out in public, and expect to be mixed with people who could become infected. Your right to freedom ends, when you take away the rights of others.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:24 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

mrmarog wrote:
There are plenty of examples throughout history where "a few" have had to be sacrificed for the "good of many" Every war, and the soldiers that died, are examples of that.

Covid19 is a war, and the victims have been mostly the elderly. I would bet that if the elderly were asked to put their lives on the line in order to save 350 million people's right's to freedom, most would take the chance in order to keep our nation well and thriving.

It doesn't sound like you are in that category. You only care about your own health and not the mental health and hard work that all the families hurt by being shut down.

There is no need for the elderly to be health brunt offerings on the alter of freedom. Nor is there any reason for the rest to suffer, by the way it is closer to 330 million, and millions of those are elderly, and people with preexisting conditions including children. If the government was allowed to do what it does, there is no need for any who work hard to suffer want or mental health issues. Families would not be hurt by the shut down, if they received direct payments during the duration of the pandemic emergency.

I don't care about only my health, since I don't want to infect others. Even though I have been vaccinated I could still carry the disease to others. It is called assuming adult responsibility.

P.S. Mr Scott ask how many Trump supporters would be willing catch covid-19 maybe die in order to have herd immunity? Many like Ted Nugent changed their tune when they got it. Even fearless leader Trump and his family have been vaccinated.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:54 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Biden has the constitutional right if he wanted to exercise it to mandate masks and vaccines. Just read the preamble below.

Notice that the promote the general welfare is followed by the blessings of liberty making general welfare more important than liberty.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:25 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

DannyG2006 wrote:
General welfare gives the government the right to legally mandate masks and vaccines.
Life trumps liberty anyway because you can't enjoy your liberty if you are dead.

I don't think you have a clue about how our Constitution works, or what our Gov't limits are.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:30 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

DannyG2006 wrote:

This too is more proof that you have no knowledge about our Gov't's authority. Taxes can be argued to be unconstitutional. A state can temporarily mandate certain restrictions, but they must have an expiration date of only a few weeks (at most).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:48 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
mrmarog wrote:

There is no need for the elderly to be health brunt offerings on the alter of freedom. Nor is there any reason for the rest to suffer, by the way it is closer to 330 million, and millions of those are elderly, and people with preexisting conditions including children. If the government was allowed to do what it does, there is no need for any who work hard to suffer want or mental health issues. Families would not be hurt by the shut down, if they received direct payments during the duration of the pandemic emergency.

I don't care about only my health, since I don't want to infect others. Even though I have been vaccinated I could still carry the disease to others. It is called assuming adult responsibility.

P.S. Mr Scott ask how many Trump supporters would be willing catch covid-19 maybe die in order to have herd immunity? Many like Ted Nugent changed their tune when they got it. Even fearless leader Trump and his family have been vaccinated.

I would be very willing to volunteer to catch Covid19 through a natural cause (not injection). I know of a couple dozen people my age (70) and older that have gotten Covid, and easily survived it. I personally know of no one that has died. I know of friends of friends, but that can extend quite a distance.

Everyone is responsible for their own well being. You should worry about that and stop trying to regulate every one elses lives.

Ted Nugent survived Covid right? He probably had a bad case of the flu some time too? I guess he survived that too? I had rheumatic fever at age 12 and spent 30 days in the hospital with 106 degree temperature that Doctors could not get under control. I survived it!

The point is..... when you survive it, you survive it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:54 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

mrmarog wrote:

I would be very willing to volunteer to catch Covid19 through a natural cause (not injection). I know of a couple dozen people my age (70) and older that have gotten Covid, and easily survived it. I personally know of no one that has died. I know of friends of friends, but that can extend quite a distance.

Everyone is responsible for their own well being. You should worry about that and stop trying to regulate every one elses lives.

Ted Nugent survived Covid right? He probably had a bad case of the flu some time too? I guess he survived that too? I had rheumatic fever at age 12 and spent 30 days in the hospital with 106 degree temperature that Doctors could not get under control. I survived it!

The point is..... when you survive it, you survive it.

Another point is when you don't you don't! Not everyone is so lucky as to survive it, I personally know at least a dozen who didn't make it. I also personally know scores of those that did make it and are now carrying around mini-blood clot time bombs. They have to list on health forms Covid-19 as a preexisting condition if they need health insurance. If you want to gamble with your life that is one thing, you knew the job was dangerous when you took it. Just like second hand smoke, that doesn't give you the right to infect others.

You are right we are all responsible for our own health, diet, exercise, regular checkups. We can't touch the third rail in health problems a country where the majority are becoming diabetic, and obese. Most of the people who have died from Covid-19 were obese, as an underlying health issue. I have had several life threatening illness's especially as a child and survived. That is why I treasure good health now as I age. Getting old is not for sissy's.

Last edited by The Lone Ranger on Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:26 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Finally something we can agree on:

"Getting old is not for sissy's."

However, I never said we need to be "health brunt offerings on the alter of freedom!" That is your phrase. Another bone is when I said Water's was guilty of (incitement of) insurrection, and I agree, you were correct then..... but just wait.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:20 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Taking one for the team would be in effect throwing yourself on a funeral pyre, wouldn't it?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:02 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 17 times
Making a drive-by:

Gonna listen to the science...but you have some input...LOL

California, New York, Arizona have less deaths than Texas and Florida...because the first three have already killed the elderly.

So, people are so full of themselves that they put others at risk...So, you won't spend money for supplements and eat the right things in order to re-build your immune systems that, very easily, fend-off coronaviruses...but, you want ME to take a mRNA gene altering drug...FU..you lazy cheap-ass poor excuse for a human being.

I've been doing shows off and on since this virus started. Including doing NON-STOP shows since before October 31, 2020 and 2 shows since February 2021 with NO MASKS and NO SOCIAL kiss-my-a#s-distancing, with NO ill-effects whatsoever.

Time for "Signs of Recovery IV"

And guess what, 2+2=4 was discovered a long time ago. So long ago that there is just NO WAY this can be believed.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:14 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1238 times
mrmarog wrote:
Paradigm, You sure are an angry man! It would be hell to be your neighbor.

no, i'm not angry.
I'm not the one who says (@$%&#!) everybody but me.
that would be you.
no lies from me, i just post the just the scientific facts
the lies are from you saying the exact opposite of well-documented facts.
though I am surprised for you to not be getting the vaccine that trump got because it is so safe....
unless you believe he is lying...or is he a delusional libtard?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:53 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 964 times
gd123 wrote:
Making a drive-by:

Gonna listen to the science...but you have some input...LOL

California, New York, Arizona have less deaths than Texas and Florida...because the first three have already killed the elderly.

So, people are so full of themselves that they put others at risk...So, you won't spend money for supplements and eat the right things in order to re-build your immune systems that, very easily, fend-off coronaviruses...but, you want ME to take a mRNA gene altering drug...FU..you lazy cheap-ass poor excuse for a human being.

I've been doing shows off and on since this virus started. Including doing NON-STOP shows since before October 31, 2020 and 2 shows since February 2021 with NO MASKS and NO SOCIAL kiss-my-a#s-distancing, with NO ill-effects whatsoever.

Time for "Signs of Recovery IV"

And guess what, 2+2=4 was discovered a long time ago. So long ago that there is just NO WAY this can be believed.

Tell me something... Have you always been an idiot or were you just born that way.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:58 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1238 times
gd123 wrote:
Making a drive-by:

Actually California, New York, and Arizona all have lower shares of deaths by the elderly than Florida
Texas is lower in that metric
gd123 wrote:
So, people are so full of themselves that they put others at risk

correct
gd123 wrote:
...So, you won't spend money for supplements and eat the right things in order to re-build your immune systems that, very easily, fend-off coronaviruses...

nope, no0t how it works but you run with that.
gd123 wrote:
but, you want ME to take a mRNA gene altering drug

it doesn't alter your genes, that's scientific fact.
gd123 wrote:
...FU..you lazy cheap-ass poor excuse for a human being.

i spend more money buying the things to keep me and others around me safe while you do the lest possible because no one else matters but you yourself and I'M "lazy cheap-ass poor excuse for a human being"? try again

gd123 wrote:
you lazy cheap-ass poor excuse for a human beingI've been doing shows off and on since this virus started. Including doing NON-STOP shows since before October 31, 2020 and 2 shows since February 2021 with NO MASKS and NO SOCIAL kiss-my-a#s-distancing, with NO ill-effects whatsoever.

well then it must not be real, olly olly oxen free.... come on out you 500,000 people who faked dying...he is on to us.

gd123 wrote:
And guess what, 2+2=4 was discovered a long time ago.

finally, a real fact that is true.
gd123 wrote:
So long ago that there is just NO WAY this can be believed.

that 500,000 people died because others believe nobody else matters? that can't be believed?
well....it happened.
Trump took the vaccine and got his wife vaccinated too.... pansies
Nugent was just whining about how bad Covid was...pansie
Texas rep Ronald Wright faked his death from it apparently...pansie
Louisiana rep Luke Letlow also faked his death...another pansie
REP federal judge Stephen Fain Williams also faked his death....and yet another pansie
you are right, it's unbelievable
I can't really believe that people so adamant about not being afraid of anything are terrified of wearing a mask to help prevent someone else from getting sick or worse and getting back to normal faster.
I can't believe there are so many people who honestly do not give a crap about anybody but themselves.
that part has been the most surprising out of this entire pandemic.
I wear a mask because I don't know if that person next to me might see their elderly grandmother tomorrow.
it hurts me in no way to do that.
I distance because I don't know if that person at the next register is doing their one weekly shopping trip with a sick child at home.
it hurts me in no way to do that.
the fact that there are multiple people HERE of all places who could not care less about other people whatsoever who are making a living in a business that is all about taking care of other people is astounding.
not one of the recommendations will hurt anybody here, not a single one, yet you would think they were being asked to cut off their own arm.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next