KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Have you ever hit a customer? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

   
  * Login
  * Register

  * FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks


wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links


It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:24 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 pm
Posts: 3610
Been Liked: 794 times
That's right... Has anyone ever pissed you off so much that you wanted to punch their lights out?

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, as you know, there can be rude, obnoxious customers (we call them a$$holes) being stupid and giving you a hard time. If and when it happens, have you ever slugged anybody?

Well, my advice is this...

Don't hold back. Don't be afraid to hit someone or slam their face into the wall. Now, you may lose your job over it but just think how much better you'll feel. :D :D :D

So, have you ever hit anybody? Or at the very least, told them off? Or threw them out?**

**If you haven't guessed by now, this post was done in jest. I really don't condone violence in any way.

_________________
Electro-Voice Evolve 50... Taking Sound To The Next Level.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:29 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:22 am
Posts: 3836
Been Liked: 454 times
8) Never needed to, peer pressure from customers kept these instances to a minimum. Also you have to be aware of your surroundings and keep the management informed of potential security problems. Let's face it if you have an out of control patron, it is a security issue. The worst thing that ever happened in all my years, was a guy who put a gal on his shoulders and was dancing around, like a clown. I just motioned to him to put her down with my hand that was enough. Needles to say this happened at the American Legion and I did write up an incident report on him. The only time I ever wrote anybody up in 35 years of membership, it was handled.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:20 pm 
Offline
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2002 4:12 pm
Posts: 6972
Songs: 1
Location: Hollyweird, Ca.
Been Liked: 865 times
I tried to one night, but he dodged my truck..


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:32 pm 
Online
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:49 pm
Posts: 1673
Been Liked: 129 times
I had an online friend who used to host karaoke in the U.K. Well, one night one of the patrons got out of control and deliberately knocked over one of his speakers and broke it. My friend became outraged and actually beat the guy to a pulp, landing the patron in the hospital. My friend was subsequently arrested and charged with assault and battery and lost his karaoke gig, plus he was also a taxi driver and lost his license too. Not a good situation when you loose your temper, no matter the reason. But, I am sure it felt good for a minute to wale on the guy for causing damage to his gear.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:24 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4704
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 263 times
Came close to tonight. Patron decided to take it on himself to try to put a song into my DJ music que and managed to wipe out the playlist that I had painstakingly made at the start of the show. It was one of those so super slow shows that I ended up doing DJ work rather than karaoke. I sang one song the whole night and had absolutely no singers whatsoever.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:07 am 
Online
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:49 pm
Posts: 1673
Been Liked: 129 times
jdmeister wrote:
I tried to one night, but he dodged my truck..


Was it a "Dodge" ,,,, Ram??? :nana:


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:17 am 
Offline
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:28 pm
Posts: 162
Been Liked: 37 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
Came close to tonight. Patron decided to take it on himself to try to put a song into my DJ music que and managed to wipe out the playlist that I had painstakingly made at the start of the show. It was one of those so super slow shows that I ended up doing DJ work rather than karaoke. I sang one song the whole night and had absolutely no singers whatsoever.


SO MUCH FOR PEOPLE GOING OUT OF THEIR WAY TO SING ON YOUR SUPERIOR SOUND SYSTEM. LOL


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:08 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4704
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 263 times
KJKILLER wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:
Came close to tonight. Patron decided to take it on himself to try to put a song into my DJ music que and managed to wipe out the playlist that I had painstakingly made at the start of the show. It was one of those so super slow shows that I ended up doing DJ work rather than karaoke. I sang one song the whole night and had absolutely no singers whatsoever.


SO MUCH FOR PEOPLE GOING OUT OF THEIR WAY TO SING ON YOUR SUPERIOR SOUND SYSTEM. LOL

No, it was just a fluke night. Everyone gets those.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:10 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 pm
Posts: 3610
Been Liked: 794 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
KJKILLER wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:
Came close to tonight. Patron decided to take it on himself to try to put a song into my DJ music que and managed to wipe out the playlist that I had painstakingly made at the start of the show. It was one of those so super slow shows that I ended up doing DJ work rather than karaoke. I sang one song the whole night and had absolutely no singers whatsoever.


SO MUCH FOR PEOPLE GOING OUT OF THEIR WAY TO SING ON YOUR SUPERIOR SOUND SYSTEM. LOL

No, it was just a fluke night. Everyone gets those.

You're right, Danny, everyone gets those. As far as the person who destroyed your playlist, where were you when this was happening? If you were away from your table at the time of the alleged incident, this person would never sing at my shows again. He has no business messing with your equipment and by doing so has totally disrespected you. He would be history.

_________________
Electro-Voice Evolve 50... Taking Sound To The Next Level.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:41 am 
Offline
Super Poster
Super Poster

Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:41 am
Posts: 652
Been Liked: 244 times
jdmeister wrote:
I tried to one night, but he dodged my truck..


Speaking of Dodge Trucks -
Attachment:
WindUp.jpg
WindUp.jpg [ 197.47 KiB | Viewed 4530 times ]


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:48 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4704
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 263 times
Alan B wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:
KJKILLER wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:
Came close to tonight. Patron decided to take it on himself to try to put a song into my DJ music que and managed to wipe out the playlist that I had painstakingly made at the start of the show. It was one of those so super slow shows that I ended up doing DJ work rather than karaoke. I sang one song the whole night and had absolutely no singers whatsoever.


SO MUCH FOR PEOPLE GOING OUT OF THEIR WAY TO SING ON YOUR SUPERIOR SOUND SYSTEM. LOL

No, it was just a fluke night. Everyone gets those.

You're right, Danny, everyone gets those. As far as the person who destroyed your playlist, where were you when this was happening? If you were away from your table at the time of the alleged incident, this person would never sing at my shows again. He has no business messing with your equipment and by doing so has totally disrespected you. He would be history.

He didn't do any real physical damage and apologized a little bit later. Plus he wasn't a singer. So there's little that I really could have done. If he had purposely dropped one if my mics or knocked over one of my speakers or the TV monitor, then I would have gone straight to the manager and asked them to ban him from entering the place when I an playing, doubt they would have really done it but you never know how supportive a venue is until something happens to test it.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:33 am 
Offline
Major Poster
Major Poster

Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:52 am
Posts: 80
Been Liked: 38 times
I made it a decade in before it happened, but yes is the answer.

So there’s this guy, we'll call him Brian because that’s his name. Basically, the guy's an online troll come to life. He’s purposefully dropped mics in the past, and even tried to goad my fill-in (a much more patient man than myself) into an altercation when I was on vacation by staggering up to him and telling him that he sucked. Tried to rally the bar into rejecting my fill-in guy, which they roundly refused because they like him. So there’s some bad blood.

The next time I saw him, I proceeded as usual, with my typical mindset of “it’ll be fine as long as he doesn’t get out of line”. Well, what he opted to do was jerk the mic cable out of its port (it gets a little wild there so I insist on wired mics to give the singers a bit of a leash), ruining the input for the channel. When I called him on it, he turned around, looked me in the eyes, and dropped the mic.

So I told him he’s not welcome to sing anymore. “I’m not kicking you out of the bar, but you are not allowed to sing on my stage anymore.” He started protesting, of course, and so I told him that as long as he continues to act like a “[male appendage] head” he will not be welcomed back to sing.

This angered him, and he stood at the base of the stage while the next singer was trying to do their song and screamed at me. “Call me a [male appendage] head one more time! I dare you! We can take it outside right now!” So I, perhaps immaturely but a little fired up myself, called him the name once more, and kicked him out of the bar.

Several minutes later, when I was sure he was gone, I stepped out for a smoke. Guess who materialized? Brian, with a nasty grudge and loads of “f yous” to throw at me. He approached and grabbed me, I hit him a couple of times, and it was broken up quickly. He’s banned and my show is busier than ever. Wouldn’t recommend instigating violence ever, but in an industry where you’re asking drunk adults to behave themselves, you may run into it inadvertently.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:20 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 pm
Posts: 3610
Been Liked: 794 times
andrew3000 wrote:
Wouldn’t recommend instigating violence ever, but in an industry where you’re asking drunk adults to behave themselves, you may run into it inadvertently.

Absolutely agree. In our line of work, there's always going to be a$$holes. Anyone that disrespects me or my equipment would be done. I'm glad that you stood up for yourself with this jerk.

_________________
Electro-Voice Evolve 50... Taking Sound To The Next Level.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:28 am 
Offline
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:17 pm
Posts: 232
Location: Westminster, CO
Been Liked: 57 times
I have retired from weekly shows since April choosing to fill in for a host when needed and doing private shows only.

I got this from somewhere. Probably on this site. It is displayed before and after every song. Everyone gets to read it and anyone who violates it, if they develop the cajones to do so in front of the crowd, gets called out immediately. No need to go to jail, lose a job, get the venue owner sued, or possibly hurting yourself by knocking the guy smooth out.

Attachment:
TEN COMMANDMENTS OF KARAOKE.jpg
TEN COMMANDMENTS OF KARAOKE.jpg [ 93.99 KiB | Viewed 640 times ]

_________________
You can never argue with a crazy mi-mi-mi-mi-mi-mind ----B. Joel
I have great faith in fools; My friends call it self-confidence ---- E.A. Poe
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity ----E.A. Poe
I don't know, I don't care, and it doesn't make any difference! ----A. Einstein
Double bubble, toil and trouble ----W. Shakespeare & Walt Disney
I hate it when I get on FaceBook ----Me
Karaoke might be Groundhog Day ----?
Of All the Martial Arts, Karaoke Inflicts the Most Pain ----?


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 174 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Privacy Policy | Anti-Spam Policy | Acceptable Use Policy Copyright © Karaoke Scene Magazine
design & hosting by Cross Web Tech