KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Older version Sax n Dotties Question Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:20 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Hi everybody, love the forum, just found it this morning. Been a KJ for 9 years and just went digital. Im usung an older version of Sax n Dotties, 2.1 I think, and a 300 gig external Western drive to store my zips on. Yes, it took me almost 3 months of transferring to get all my hard discs on. My question is this, I have them in folders alphabetically, and just search by artist last name, and they are all in order. For some reason, lately when I go to add new songs the go to the bottom of the list in their assigned folder.

I am opening the proper folder thru "my computer" and alphabetizing it by right clicking and arranging the icons, and its right on the external drive, but then when I fire up Sax n Dotties and go into the folder for the song I want, its back at the bottom again. I for the life of me cannot find a search que in the sax n dotties program, and to boot all my zips are out of order. The newest additions anyways.

Any ideas anybody? Any back door Im missing??? I tried to download the newest Sax n Dotties, and it DOES have a very nice search bar, but I cant get it to play any music because it says winamp isnt configuered, which I have no idea how to do either.

Any and all advice, help, or comments are definitely appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!!!

Jerry Carver
Fat Katz Karaoke
Columbus, Ohio

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:56 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 5 times
Jerry when a file is added to a folder it shows at the bottom If the file mngr is launched again it is in order I havent used S&D for awhile and dont remember what the folder view looks like.
Usually you import into a data base and use search..
To configure winamp you need to install 2 plugins the cdg_plugin and pacemaker.

download

Unzip this and run the cdg exe. and the pacemaker.

For 2 screens go into the plugins folder in winamp copy gen_cdg.dll paste into another folder rename gen_cdg2.dll and copy it back into the plugins folder.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:45 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 629 times
If you liked the latest version of Sax N Dotty's (2.2) there is a complete help file here--> http://www.sax-n-dotty.co.uk/download/SPHelp22.zip

Follow karayoker's intstructions for plugins for Winamp and you will be all set.  :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:10 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Thank you for the replies everybody! If I import the songs instead of playing them off of the external hardrive, where are they stored to? The laptop itself? Its only a 40gig I dont think it will hold the 15,000 songs I have, zipped or not zipped. I see the import tab, I will give that a go this evening, maybe just import a couple and see what happens from there.  

I cant find a search bar to save my arse, maybe I just need to upgrade this version and hope and pray it warks. Anybody in the Columbus area familiar enough with doing it? Buy you a beer or 12 !!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:20 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Just import the songs into Sax N Dotty from your ext. hardrive - once they are in the database (created when you import them) Sax n Dotty will know where to find them. It shouldn't make any difference but it might so I would also reccomend using the same USB or Firewire port each time you connect your ext hardive.
I have been using Sax N dotty for about 3 years now (currently the latest ver. 2.2)
I highly reccomend upgrading to this latest version should you choose to stay with Sax N Dotty I believe to upgrade a previously licensed version will be at no cost.
(But don't hold me too that)
Unless you are using the old freeware Sax N Dotty Zip Player (which does not have a search bar) then you definetly should have a search bar.

Feel free to email me with any S-n-D questions. I know the program inside and out.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:33 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Hey I appreciate it. Mazybe I am using  the free version, I will have to check and see. I bought the system from a previous KJ, and it already had the program on it. Took me forever to learn how to use Audiograbber to learn how to put my CDG's on and zip them ( thank you winRAR ). I know for a fact there is not one single search bar anywhere, I have checked and checked repeatadly. I may try to put the new version on again and see if I can get it to work. I just dont know anything about computers other than to turn them on really.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:50 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
sax never put out anything free! LOL! Chances are you have either a purchased one, or an older hacked version!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:39 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

knightshow @ Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:50 pm wrote:
sax never put out anything free! LOL! Chances are you have either a purchased one, or an older hacked version!

Disagree, he released a free-no frills mp3&g zip player. However it is no longer available--but I do have it so I know it exists. :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:15 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
not THE original SHow Hoster that they renamed! I think you knew what I was talking about!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:17 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Across the top it just says Sax n Dotties Show Hoster..............no numbers or anything..........I have key changes on the left, file selection via the drive in the upper left box, my search files on the right, then my singers que at the bottom, which in a big rotation I have to scroll down. I do not have any kind of search bar, which would totally eliminate my need to alphabetize the files, which is the main thing that is driving me crazy.

If I download the newest Sax n Dotties version, will it automatically wipe out the one Im using?? If it does and I cant get winamp/pacemaker to work Im totally screwed and going back to cdg's on the triple tray. I want the search bar but dont have to have it, I have the songs seperated alphabetically by artist, everything but the newest additions are in order. For some odd reason the last 20 or so discs I added arent showing up alphabetized in the Sax N Dotties proggie, even though they are in order in their folder if I pull them up on my external. Very confusing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:18 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

I am on the road so do not have access to my home puter but I believe that the latest Sax N Dotty called "Show Presenter" will install in a directory called S & D Software...but then during the install you have control over where it installs and what the folder is named anyway.

If you now have Winamp and plugins (Pacemaker) working poperly they will work poperly under the new version as well...worst case you would have to show "Show Presenter" where Winamp is installed...most likely in a folder named Winamp.

Sounds as though you are running a very old version of Sax N Dotty and most likely would not be a free upgrade (where your license would transfer)

In another post DannyG2006 mention a program called Just Karaoke 1.0 by TriceraSoft....I looked at it and it is a very nice basic hosting program...simple...
Good search feature (search bar), built in player with dual screens, keychanger and some utility buttons not to mention rotation handling - sort of (I still believe only the Host can truly handle the rotation correctly).
Only About $25.....S-N-D Show Presenter is around $45
Might want to give it a look at also. Download the demo and try it out.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:32 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
RLC @ Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:18 pm wrote:
I am on the road so do not have access to my home puter but I believe that the latest Sax N Dotty called "Show Presenter" will install in a directory called S & D Software...but then during the install you have control over where it installs and what the folder is named anyway.

If you now have Winamp and plugins (Pacemaker) working poperly they will work poperly under the new version as well...worst case you would have to show "Show Presenter" where Winamp is installed...most likely in a folder named Winamp.

Sounds as though you are running a very old version of Sax N Dotty and most likely would not be a free upgrade (where your license would transfer)

In another post DannyG2006 mention a program called Just Karaoke 1.0 by TriceraSoft....I looked at it and it is a very nice basic hosting program...simple...
Good search feature (search bar), built in player with dual screens, keychanger and some utility buttons not to mention rotation handling - sort of (I still believe only the Host can truly handle the rotation correctly).
Only About $25.....S-N-D Show Presenter is around $45
Might want to give it a look at also. Download the demo and try it out.

Never got the presenter version as I had switched over to RoxBox when it came out but Just Karaoke kicks Sax's butt in my opinion. best of all if you have multiplex it handles that as easily as Hoster does.  I would have spent $100 or more if they asked for it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:55 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

DannyG2006 @ Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:32 pm wrote:
Never got the presenter version as I had switched over to RoxBox when it came out but Just Karaoke kicks Sax's butt in my opinion. best of all if you have multiplex it handles that as easily as Hoster does.  I would have spent $100 or more if they asked for it.

Yep, it is a pretty impressive little program, with some nice features. It doesn't have evey feature I would want...but then I have not found one yet that did (have every feature I want) Yet at the same time I am also not a believer in all in one solutions....so I guess...in reality....I don't know what the heck I want!  LMAO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:43 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 8 times
JCarver05 @ Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:33 am wrote:
Hey I appreciate it. Mazybe I am using  the free version, I will have to check and see. I bought the system from a previous KJ, and it already had the program on it. Took me forever to learn how to use Audiograbber to learn how to put my CDG's on and zip them ( thank you winRAR ). I know for a fact there is not one single search bar anywhere, I have checked and checked repeatadly. I may try to put the new version on again and see if I can get it to work. I just dont know anything about computers other than to turn them on really.

wow I didnt know s&d worked with anything but winzip

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:22 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

WinRAR is just a tool that zips the files, much like winzip. It has a nice archive menu off the right mouse button that is simple to use, even for a computer challenged person as myself ;)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:10 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

uhuh I realise this...its just that s&d dont work with rar files...or at least the player doesnt, I dont know about the hoster I dont have it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:32 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

MorganLeFey @ Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:10 pm wrote:
uhuh I realise this...its just that s&d dont work with rar files...or at least the player doesnt, I dont know about the hoster I dont have it.

You are correct.

I believe what JCarver05 was meaning is that he uses WinRAR to handle his zip files just as you might use Winzip or as I use Enzip. I believe WinRAR handles zip files as well as rar files as do some other compression programs.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:44 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Found out its version 2.1.35, just needed to import the tracks to get the search bar to show up. My gosh I cant believe it was that simple. Im assuming that Sax is using the external drive and it really didnt put 15,000 songs onto the laptop, but I really dont know.

I have a new laptop, and downloaded the newest sax n dotties onto it, and followed the instructions about about installing win amp and then adding the cdg plugin thru the preferences menu, but anytime I try to play a song on the new laptop it says WinAMp not found, even though Winamp installed straight into the program files folder, and DOES fire up when you start sax n dotties. It just wont play a song. Ideas anybody? The cdg plugin is there. Pacemaker isnt, but it really isnt required. Got the one laptop figured out with the search thng that was driving me nuts, now i cant even get the second one running. I need to call the geek squad............or start drinking more!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:12 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

I know nothing bout the hoster but I do know a wee trick with s&d zip player that someone taught me...I install it within the winamp folder...this then enables me to right click on a file and on the menu there will be an option to load into s&d whether that would work with the hoster I have no idea but its just a thought.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:53 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

JCarver05 @ Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:44 pm wrote:
I have a new laptop, and downloaded the newest sax n dotties onto it, and followed the instructions about about installing win amp and then adding the cdg plugin thru the preferences menu, but anytime I try to play a song on the new laptop it says WinAMp not found, even though Winamp installed straight into the program files folder,

With Sax N Dotty Show Presenter open click on tools, on the tools window click on options, on the options window on the general tab (the 1st tab, should be open)
The very first item is "Winamp Location" Change to the correct location.
Click close and select yes to save changes.