KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Signs of Recovery III Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 505 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next
 Post subject: Signs of Recovery III
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:28 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 621 times
It looks like a 4th round of stimulus is on the way, and there is the 3 trillion dollar infrastructure bill that is on the way. All of this is needed to start addressing many problems the country is facing. It will also create millions of jobs badly needed by those 8 or 9 million citizens that lost their jobs, and need work. By mid April around the 18th or 19th vaccine shots will be available to 90% of the entire population of the country. The sooner all are vaccinated the sooner we can return to some kind of normalcy. So we have to hang tough for another 4 to 6 weeks, and try and save as many lives as possible. Stay Safe!

P.S. Slight revision the 3 trillion dollar infrastructure bill is now somewhere between 2 and 2.3 trillion dollars? I don't see what the problem is we wasted 1.7 trillion dollars on the F-35 fighter, The Federal Reserve floated 4 trillion dollars to keep Wall Street going, aren't regular people just as important as defense contractors, and hedge fund managers?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:30 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Of course no surprise Mitch and his side are against the infrastructure bill. He is totally committed to making sure the Democrats are seen as a do nothing party. It is time to do away with the filibuster and since the Democrats have the votes push through their programs, whether it is infrastructure, voting rights, or climate change legislation. You can bet when the Republicans get their hands on the government again, they are going to push any advantage they have to the max. The Democrats need to push and then see at the polls if the American voters support their efforts. They need to show the public something, or guess what there is no use in voting at all, we might as well give the government over to special interest groups, and of course Wall Street.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:46 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 10 times
the shots are only good for 6 month...period...it is not a done deal. You can still get covid even tho you get the shot

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:35 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

GK Productions wrote:
the shots are only good for 6 month...period...it is not a done deal. You can still get covid even tho you get the shot

The difference is you won't probably have to go to the hospital, and you won't die. This will be freeing up medical providers to treat the truly ill. The jury is still out on how long the vaccine works, some indications are that the effects could last anywhere from a year to two. Then again every year you have to get your flu shot, so what is the difference. More troubling is the variants to the virus, and how the vaccine will work on new strains?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:07 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1008 times
Here's the bottom line...

We the people, have the power to end this pandemic... but, we choose not to.

As I've said before: human beings are the stupidest specie on the planet.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:01 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Ok I get it, it is a choice not to get vaccinated! I thought we lived in a modern world, where people accepted science, and were against going back to the Dark Ages. Even Mitch McConnell made a pitch for Republicans to get their shots, where almost 50% said they won't. What is happening is a complete rebuke of reason and enlightened thinking. Having said all of this I don't see why there should not be vaccine passports. After all if you don't want to take your shot fine, the rest of society that is sane shouldn't be exposed to your negligence. Just like you can ban smokers from areas, you should be able to keep possibly infected carriers away from public areas. Second hand smoke is a problem and not nearly as spreadable as this pandemic. Who would have thought grown adults would act like little kids, and have to be told to take their vaccinations? What happened with thinking like an adult?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:38 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Just got my second shot today, it was even easier and less painful than the first. Now my card is filled showing I have had both shots and I'm good to go if someone wants to see my shot passport. Don't be surprised if you can't travel to foreign countries without such a card to show. Those nations that are still suffering from the virus won't be anxious to have American tourists coming in and starting maybe a new outbreak, or make an existing problem worse.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:07 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1580 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
Just got my second shot today, it was even easier and less painful than the first. Now my card is filled showing I have had both shots and I'm good to go if someone wants to see my shot passport. Don't be surprised if you can't travel to foreign countries without such a card to show. Those nations that are still suffering from the virus won't be anxious to have American tourists coming in and starting maybe a new outbreak, or make an existing problem worse.

But letting anyone in through our southern border is OK!!! So far people have been entering from 140 different nations..... of course they will all test negative, and if not we'll buy them a plain ticket to somewhere up north. "Ya that's the ticket"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:32 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

mrmarog wrote:
But letting anyone in through our southern border is OK!!! So far people have been entering from 140 different nations..... of course they will all test negative, and if not we'll buy them a plain ticket to somewhere up north. "Ya that's the ticket"

Just one question Mrmarog why is it I always hear the crying about the Southern Border? Nobody talks about the Northern Border with Canada where any number of people can just walk across to the U.S.! No wall, few checkpoints, reduced boots on ground. Could it be that it is a different kind of immigration, of those more acceptable to the Right? Also there are more people that simply buy a plane ticket and enter this country on a Visa, and then just stay. If you are going to have truly closed borders then you have to enforce all of it, not just the part you want to focus on. Not to mention if you really want to reduce illegal immigration, why not crack down on the source, employers that hire undocumented workers? You really can't complain about the broken system until you are serious about a comprehensive immigration bill, with real teeth in it. Otherwise both sides will continue to exploit the situation, with no resolution in sight. Let's be frank if the right did stop all of this, then what could they scare us with?

P.S. Remember Trumps promise to build 500 miles of new border wall? To date around 110 miles of wall was built on Trumps watch, most of it replacing existing barriers, all along the Southern Border. Our border with Canada is 5,525 miles with very little or no wall for miles.

Last edited by The Lone Ranger on Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:56 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Jamie Dimon CEO of J P Morgan Chase & Co. came out today and said we are poised to have an economic boom that will last well into 2023. Especially if along with beating Covid-19, we have all of the stimulus money, get infrastructure done, and the FED continues with the quantitative easing policies, providing liquidity to the markets. So we are looking at some sort of return to the Roaring Twenties soon. Let us hope we can avoid a crash after ward.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:26 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
mrmarog wrote:

Just one question Mrmarog why is it I always hear the crying about the Southern Border? Nobody talks about the Northern Border with Canada where any number of people can just walk across to the U.S.! No wall, few checkpoints, reduced boots on ground. Could it be that it is a different kind of immigration, of those more acceptable to the Right? Also there are more people that simply buy a plane ticket and enter this country on a Visa, and then just stay. If you are going to have truly closed borders then you have to enforce all of it, not just the part you want to focus on. Not to mention if you really want to reduce illegal immigration, why not crack down on the source, employers that hire undocumented workers? You really can't complain about the broken system until you are serious about a comprehensive immigration bill, with real teeth in it. Otherwise both sides will continue to exploit the situation, with no resolution in sight. Let's be frank if the right did stop all of this, then what could they scare us with?

P.S. Remember Trumps promise to build 500 miles of new border wall? To date around 110 miles of wall was built on Trumps watch, most of it replacing existing barriers, all along the Southern Border. Our border with Canada is 5,525 miles with very little or no wall for miles.

Did I say anything about a wall? You brought that up, the master of deflection!! When I searched for how many miles of wall Trump built it varied from 216 to 453, and of course you grabbed the lowest number you could find. The 216 number was reported by only 1 source and I never saw it repeated.

As of yesterday Biden is considering plugging the holes in a very "ineffective" barrier. Most of the holes would have already been plugged if Biden hadn't stopped the construction....oops!

As far as the Northern border is concerned, it is a lot harder walking from south/central America in US via Canada. Think about it. I am sure there are immigrants sneaking in through the northern border, but the numbers are much smaller.

When is the "ineffective" wall coming down around the "Peoples House".

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:55 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

mrmarog wrote:

Did I say anything about a wall? You brought that up, the master of deflection!! When I searched for how many miles of wall Trump built it varied from 216 to 453, and of course you grabbed the lowest number you could find. The 216 number was reported by only 1 source and I never saw it repeated.

As of yesterday Biden is considering plugging the holes in a very "ineffective" barrier. Most of the holes would have already been plugged if Biden hadn't stopped the construction....oops!

As far as the Northern border is concerned, it is a lot harder walking from south/central America in US via Canada. Think about it. I am sure there are immigrants sneaking in through the northern border, but the numbers are much smaller.

What deflection the center piece of Trumps Immigration policy was building the wall, he didn't reach his modest goal of 500 miles of new wall and he was in office 4 years. Construction of a wall isn't going to solve the problem of illegal immigration, ask the Chinese how well 'The Great Wall' worked at keeping out the Mongols! That is the whole thing isn't it traffic coming from South and Central America, not Asians and Terrorists that come in through the unguarded vast Northern Border. So what if the numbers are smaller, shouldn't all of our borders be secure? You do not address the biggest source of illegal immigration people coming on plane tickets and over staying their visas, then blending into the population. Why do people come here? To escape terrible conditions in their own respective countries, and for jobs. If we worked with the governments of those countries to stop gangs and anarchy in those countries. Then we punished those that hire illegal workers to the max, both would go a long ways to ending our Immigration problems, that requires a comprehensive bill that address's all of the problems, and attacks it at the source. It will never happen because we like cheap labor on the right, and possible political advantages on the left. The status quo works to the advantage of both political parties.

P.S. The wall was placed around the "Peoples House", because people started an insurrection, predicated on a Big Lie that the election was stolen. Since it has been up no new riots have occurred. Maybe if some come to grips with the idea the election was fair and Biden is president, then it will come down. Just like other walls have come down, when the need is no longer there.

Last edited by The Lone Ranger on Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:20 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1255 times
mrmarog wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:
mrmarog wrote:

"According to a CBP status report, the U.S. has constructed 438 miles of “border wall system” under Trump, as of Dec. 18. Most of that, 365 miles of it, as we said, is replacement for primary or secondary fencing that was dilapidated or of outdated design. In addition, 40 miles of new primary wall and 33 miles of secondary wall have been built in locations where there were no barriers before.

So the footprint of the wall is 40 miles longer than it was before Trump took office.
According to CBP updates, in the last three months about 31 miles of new wall have been constructed in areas where there was no barrier before. At that rate, and assuming Biden immediately puts a halt to all new wall construction as promised, the administration will complete less than a quarter of the new miles for which it has funding — and that will be well short of the new miles of wall Trump had originally promised."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:17 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1008 times
It has been said that Trump is not the idiot... it's the people who support him.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:50 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

The people who continue to believe the Big Lie. The election was not stolen, so deal with it! A new poll has just come out and 9% more of the population identify as Democrats the highest gap between them and Republicans in some time. That is why you see the flood of voter suppression laws being passed in Republican controlled states. They know they are the minority, and they still want minority rule, just like South Africa used to be.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:52 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

The people who continue to believe the Big Lie. The election was not stolen, so deal with it! A new poll has just come out and 9% more of the population identify as Democrats the highest gap between them and Republicans in some time. That is why you see the flood of voter suppression laws being passed in Republican controlled states. They know they are the minority, and want to continue minority rule, just like South Africa used to be. The only way to maintain power for the Republicans is to cheat.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:46 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1255 times
Alan B wrote:
It has been said that Trump is not the idiot... it's the people who support him.

agree and disagree....
Trump is an idiot, but not stupid
his followers are both idiots and stupid.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:28 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Well I have had my second shot, no bad side effects just a little soreness at the injection point, for a couple of days. I hope others will get their vaccinations, especially if they want things to return to normal.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:16 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

One of the most glaring signs of recovery is the beginning of the end of the long wars and police actions we have been engaging in. The Afghanistan war is drawing to a close. Something even ex-president Trump wanted, and now Mitch is complaining about the withdraw, I wonder if he would have complained if Trump had done it? As wars goes this was a long one, 20 years, and has made defense contractors very wealthy, not anybody else. 2 Trillion Dollars, over 2,400 American Soldiers killed, thousands more injured, some for life, not to mention NATO ally forces with dead and injured, and over 38,000 Afghan civilians killed, and thousands more injured.

The one positive to all of this is the resources that were spent on this war, and wasted on other military spending can be halted, and reevaluated. That spending priorities can be changed and used for Biden's plan to rebuilt this country back smarter. It is about time.

Last edited by The Lone Ranger on Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:56 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
Alan B wrote:

agree and disagree....
Trump is an idiot, but not stupid
his followers are both idiots and stupid.

As opposed to Biden followers that are gullible and mindless sheep.

THE BIDEN MANTRA:

I will forever wear a mask
I will forever keep my children out school
I will forever social distance
I will forever get a vaccination when required
I will forever ask permission to travel
I will forever keep my business closed
I will forever stop gathering with friends
I will forever stop attending church
I will forever try to survive on my gov't covid relief check
I will forever do what ever you ask

etc, etc, etc

You liberals are mindless sheep. Why do you think Hitler was able to annihilate so many Jews.... because they followed orders without a fight.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 505 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next