KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Is anyone using Karma's triple display feature Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

   
  * Login
  * Register

  * FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks


premium-member

Offsite Links


It is currently Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:15 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:13 pm
Posts: 3607
Images: 1
Location: Florida
Been Liked: 1549 times
GentlemanBronco wrote:
Is that a common requirement for Karaoke software?


I run Karma 2018.8.22 on a 13 year old Toshiba, AMD single core CPU, 32Bit, XP Pro laptop. It doesn't even have an SSD, and only has 4GB ram!

The reason I continue to use this dinosaur is because it works great and never needs rebooting. I have never had to reinstall software to get it to work properly. I know Bob doesn't support any old MS platforms. so I don't ask for help because I haven't needed any.


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:49 pm 
Offline
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 8:37 am
Posts: 252
Location: Sparks, Maryland
Been Liked: 62 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
GentlemanBronco wrote:
Bob Latshaw wrote:
Well then both of you are simply too lazy to reload windows, because that is all you need to do.
Is that a common requirement for Karaoke software?

no, just one software.

You're either a liar or you're someone with zero windows experience. Which is it? People who tinker will eventually need to reload windows for any number of reasons. It is a catch all. Go back on threads on this board and you will find users of every known windows app having other people tell them to reload windows to fix their problems.

I used to own a computer store and I'm very good at fixing computers. Most of the time when I have a machine in front of me, I can fix most windows problems without needing to reload Windows. However, as a software developer and having customers machines all over the world, I don't have time to sit in front of their machine, not even remotely. It's not a requirement for every case of a windows problem, but for people who don't understand how to take the time to diagnose problems or pay someone else to do it, reloading windows is their only option. That's a fact, like it or not.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:17 am 
Offline
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 8:37 am
Posts: 252
Location: Sparks, Maryland
Been Liked: 62 times
DTohill wrote:
I downloaded the newest version of Karma and all it did was give problem after problem.


and yet I don't see you making a single thread here trying to address those so-called problems. Sure you can say you didn't want to deal with me, but what's wrong with the folks here? They're good enough to take your advice but you can't ask them for help? I'm not buying it.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:19 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2002 7:26 am
Posts: 4837
Location: In your head rent-free
Been Liked: 581 times
Bob Latshaw wrote:
and yet I don't see you making a single thread here trying to address those so-called problems. Sure you can say you didn't want to deal with me, but what's wrong with the folks here? They're good enough to take your advice but you can't ask them for help? I'm not buying it.



Because the author of the software is just too lazy to support his own software so he whines that the rest of the world should do his job for him because he can't.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:32 pm 
Offline
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 8:37 am
Posts: 252
Location: Sparks, Maryland
Been Liked: 62 times
c. staley wrote:
Bob Latshaw wrote:
and yet I don't see you making a single thread here trying to address those so-called problems. Sure you can say you didn't want to deal with me, but what's wrong with the folks here? They're good enough to take your advice but you can't ask them for help? I'm not buying it.



Because the author of the software is just too lazy to support his own software so he whines that the rest of the world should do his job for him because he can't.


Still not buying it. You're going to have to do better than that.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:21 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2002 7:26 am
Posts: 4837
Location: In your head rent-free
Been Liked: 581 times
Bob Latshaw wrote:
Still not buying it. You're going to have to do better than that.

I hear that from people that read about how you treat your own customers; "I'm not buying it."

It's easy to point to many posts on other sites that are so negative about you and the verbal abuse you enjoy doling out to customers that you've become (literally) an industry joke.

Lucky for you, your over-inflated ego insulates you from reality. Enjoy your bliss because the rest of us are not laughing with you.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:44 am 
Offline
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 8:37 am
Posts: 252
Location: Sparks, Maryland
Been Liked: 62 times
c. staley wrote:
you've become (literally) an industry joke.


and yet thousands of people still buy my products and services every year, and have for decades. Intelligent people pay for a product. Not a friend. If you need to pay for a friend, that's what shrinks are for. Customers' money doesn't purchase my silence when it comes to honesty. Our tech support page is very clear about this. This isn't hard to understand (for most people).

Chip, if your words actually carried the value you act like they have, you'd write and sell a book all about the karaoke industry. You should. You never know, it might actually sell. God knows you have the hot air to produce it. Please put your money where your mouth is and raise yourself up to someone who actually did something for the industry. Seriously, take a stab at it. Once people start sending you money from all over the world, you'll be a lot happier. Trust me. Then, words from strangers on the internet won't seem as valuable as you currently think they are.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:53 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4981
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 303 times
Bob Latshaw wrote:
mrmarog wrote:
dsm2000 wrote:
per tech support: Steps to reliably play an mp4 in Karma

1) Wait for full moon
2) Wear full length black, hooded robe
3) Stand on Left leg only(MUST BE LEFT LEG, RIGHT WILL NOT WORK)
4) Sacrifice young virgin (If you are having trouble finding a young virgin, contact JeffBillDonny@lolita.com and they can set you up)
5) Follow steps one thru 4 very carefully

If mp4 still will not play, It must be your fault because you are simply an incompetent idiot.

Will any of this get the triple display to work? :?


I hope not. I think #4 would get you in trouble. If Windows sees them and they're setup as extended displays, it will work. Most laptops have an external HDMI or VGA port for a secondary display. To make a third display you just need a spare USB 3.0 port and a USB to HDMI device.

Here's one on Amazon for less than $20
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PHV489H/

The feature is definitely not for everyone because of the extra hardware and setup, but for those who understand it, they love it. Depending on your point of view, it serves a purpose for everyone from the KJ to the crowd. For starters, if you set it up right, the singer screen should only be seen by the singer and gives a more professional show, because without the lyrics visible to the crowd, the attention is more on the singer, where it should be. The crowd screen can also show in big letters who's up next and be seen from across the room without the lyrics getting in the way. If the singer is lousy, the crowd isn't looking at the lyrics anyway. What a great opportunity for the KJ to get the crowd's attention during a bad performance with a slideshow of pictures or ads. If the crowd screen is setup so the singer can't see it, you can also send messages just to the crowd screen. The same applies to the singer screen, so, you could privately message the singer something like "back off the mic" without anyone knowing and embarrassing the singer. The only downside is the extra hardware and setup required. The main reason it will never be for everyone is because a lot of small local crowds like singing along with the songs. The KJs who seem to like this feature the most are usually the ones with the more competitive singers and larger audiences. Another thing that helps is if you're one of those KJs who's equipment stays at the venue, so you don't have to set it up each time. Most of the time, you would already have a monitor setup in front of the singer and a display splitter going to the bar TVs. In that scenario, you wouldn't need any additional monitors. You're just now sending 2 different outputs instead of 2 duplicate outputs.

I have one of those usb monitors that I intend on use for the singer. Works pretty well on a test. I got some car repairs to get done before winter but once I get those done I intend to purchase a couple of instances of Karma for my laptops. Testing them out with the new monitor has convinced me that for karaoke this is the software to use. I can use Songbookdb as my remote request system.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:57 am 
Offline
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 8:37 am
Posts: 252
Location: Sparks, Maryland
Been Liked: 62 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
I can use Songbookdb as my remote request system.


and yet I see you were testing out SingNext.com slips in Karma late last night in automatic mode. Songbookdb can't do that. Even manual mode is better because it's all integrated into Karma and you're not flipping between windows :wink:


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:43 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4981
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 303 times
Bob Latshaw wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:
I can use Songbookdb as my remote request system.


and yet I see you were testing out SingNext.com slips in Karma late last night in automatic mode. Songbookdb can't do that. Even manual mode is better because it's all integrated into Karma and you're not flipping between windows :wink:

Have to agree with you. I like it and combined with Songbooks Live, I have a way for prospective customers to search my list. I'll be honest that the only caveat of Songbookdb for me is having been a beta tester, I don't have to pay for anything but while I was at first, when it was first introduced, wary of Sing Next, I like it better than Songbookdb. Question can Sing Next be accessed and used through an old flip phone. I know that Smartphones are becoming more popular but there are still some people who are still stuck in the flip phone age. Most carriers still offer them.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:07 am 
Offline
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 8:37 am
Posts: 252
Location: Sparks, Maryland
Been Liked: 62 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
Question can Sing Next be accessed and used through an old flip phone. I know that Smartphones are becoming more popular but there are still some people who are still stuck in the flip phone age. Most carriers still offer them.


Yes, as long as it has a browser. It's just a web site designed for a small screen so it can be pulled up in any phone with a web browser. These days they have web browsers in refrigerator doors. The bartender could send you a slip from a browser on the point of sale PC. Someone out in the parking lot could send you a slip from the browser in their car's infotainment system. They're everywhere.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 208 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Privacy Policy | Anti-Spam Policy | Acceptable Use Policy Copyright © Karaoke Scene Magazine
design & hosting by Cross Web Tech