KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - New Music by PEP Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: New Music by PEP
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:00 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 268 times
Ok I know that most people think that PEP's new music releases are a complete bust. That's not qhat i'm interested in discussing.

I'd like opinions on the actual DISTRIBUTION METHOD.

One of the big contentions/debates with the GEM series was whether or not the actual music files with the blue logo were pirated and if they weren't was it because of the distribution method, or because the songs were already available.

Someone brought up this very point in a different thread.

Well, here is a chance to prove the theory one way or the other with their new music. Comments?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject: Re: New Music by PEP
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:31 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
Their new music if not gotten via the Sound Choice subscription service on Compuhost will be far more easier to track down to the person who fileshares the music.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:28 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

My personal take is that if they can keep making music long enough this time around, that the exclusivity model they are following will be a highly effective deterrent against having the songs pirated. I just hope they manage to publish at least one popular song that no one else has in that time, or people will be claiming that they haven't been pirated because no one wants them

-James

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:32 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 57 times
If I can not purchase a track by a download and own it out right, then I do not want it, ever, not now, not ever, never, end of discussion.

I will not complicate my business by having 2 or 3 differing modes of operation. Tracks I own and Tracks I lease much less stream on a subscription basis. Can't think of the word for that, but it's pretty low.

I do not think PEP will ever get into the production phase with as many tracks produced during any particular time frame as they had produced in the past. Besides, nothing currently out there will stand the test of time anymore. Nathaniel Rateliff's SOB has already run its' course. So has Elle King's Ex's and Oh's. Journey's Don't Stop Believin' is good for another 50 years. OMG

How many Hosts have employees? Do you have an eye on them 7/24?

Say PEP produces 20 songs a month (unlikely). In less than 100 minutes KeepVid PRO will record those tracks and then they can be uploaded to Youtube where anyone can then download them utilizing KeepVid PRO in less than 15 mins. Attempting to Prevent Piracy is FUTILE and a Striving After the Wind. (W-O-R-D to Slep)

I don't know, I don't care, and it doesn't make any difference! ----A. Einstein
Double bubble, toil and trouble ----W. Shakespeare & Walt Disney
I hate it when I get on FaceBook ----Me
Karaoke might be Groundhog Day ----?
Of All the Martial Arts, Karaoke Inflicts the Most Pain ----?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:26 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

dvdgdry wrote:
If I can not purchase a track by a download and own it out right, then I do not want it, ever, not now, not ever, never, end of discussion.

I will not complicate my business by having 2 or 3 differing modes of operation. Tracks I own and Tracks I lease much less stream on a subscription basis. Can't think of the word for that, but it's pretty low.

I do not think PEP will ever get into the production phase with as many tracks produced during any particular time frame as they had produced in the past. Besides, nothing currently out there will stand the test of time anymore. Nathaniel Rateliff's SOB has already run its' course. So has Elle King's Ex's and Oh's. Journey's Don't Stop Believin' is good for another 50 years. OMG

Say PEP produces 20 songs a month (unlikely). In less than 100 minutes KeepVid PRO will record those tracks and then they can be uploaded to Youtube where anyone can then download them utilizing KeepVid PRO in less than 15 mins. Attempting to Prevent Piracy is FUTILE and a Striving After the Wind. (W-O-R-D to Slep)

Any videos posted to youtube will be taken down because PEP can submit copyright claims just like any copyright holder can ask to have their material removed. They can't have the red logo tracks on youtube taken down, because they don't own the copyrights anymore.

Anyone who uses a video in their show, will be subject to copyright infringement. There is no grey area anymore. I still think It will be an effective deterrent. Notice I said deterrent, not a guarantee that no one will do it..

Time will tell, PEP has to just keep making music long enough to prove their methods effective.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:03 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
jclaydon wrote:
dvdgdry wrote:

Any videos posted to youtube will be taken down because PEP can submit copyright claims just like any copyright holder can ask to have their material removed. They can't have the red logo tracks on youtube taken down, because they don't own the copyrights anymore.

Anyone who uses a video in their show, will be subject to copyright infringement. There is no grey area anymore. I still think It will be an effective deterrent. Notice I said deterrent, not a guarantee that no one will do it..

Time will tell, PEP has to just keep making music long enough to prove their methods effective.

Those youtube guys have a strange MO.
Anyone can claim copyright, and it's taken down without checking.
If you can prove otherwise, it may be restored.
Too much hassle

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:18 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
their current method of stopping piracy is proving effective
don't produce anything worth pirating and it doesn't get pirated.
want material to not be pirated, make it easier to buy than steal.
the current distribution method makes it easier to steal than rent.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:57 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 57 times
jdmeister wrote:
jclaydon wrote:
dvdgdry wrote:

Those youtube guys have a strange MO.
Anyone can claim copyright, and it's taken down without checking.
If you can prove otherwise, it may be restored.
Too much hassle

There's Sound Choice on YouTube right now, today, yesterday, tomorrow, next week, next year.

Apparently you're unfamiliar with KeepVid PRO and how to use it.

Besides, It doesn't have to go up on YouTube to be dispursed, DUH!

Attempting to Prevent Piracy is FUTILE and a Striving After the Wind. (W-O-R-D to Slep)

I don't know, I don't care, and it doesn't make any difference! ----A. Einstein
Double bubble, toil and trouble ----W. Shakespeare & Walt Disney
I hate it when I get on FaceBook ----Me
Karaoke might be Groundhog Day ----?
Of All the Martial Arts, Karaoke Inflicts the Most Pain ----?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:29 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
Found out there, a quote you may enjoy.

"No one likes the “lifetime of consequences for a one-night stand” business model even though some themselves impose the ball-and-chain, subscription model on others."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:31 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
jdmeister wrote:
Found out there, a quote you may enjoy.

"No one likes the “lifetime of consequences for a one-night stand” business model even though some themselves impose the ball-and-chain, subscription model on others."

I wouldn't know about that. But there certainly seems to be a few people out there that either enjoy the ball and chain or they simply don't know that they have clamped one on to themselves.

And of course there are also those that are simply in denial that it is in fact, a ball and chain.