KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Crazy Things KJ will Do Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

   
  * Login
  * Register

  * FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks


premium-member

Offsite Links


It is currently Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:18 pm 
Offline
Super Poster
Super Poster

Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:46 pm
Posts: 1264
Been Liked: 0 time
therealsmitty @ Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:52 am wrote:
I'm kinda new here, but I've been around karaoke-related message boards since 1998. I've read the threads where gemini gets into some heated discussions. In those threads, he gets pretty belligerent, and gets what he gets. I don't agree, however with chasing him down with abuse every time he opens a thread, regardless of the subject of the new thread. If you relly want him to away, ignore the BS. Gemini seems to thrive on attention, of any kind. Don't feed the trolls; you risk looking more like a troll. should someone see this thread before they see the many threads where you've contributed great content to this board. Gemini started this thread with a post about his habit of wearing funny hats at his show. I think silence would be a more effective reply than abuse.

I speak for no one but myself. This is my opinion.


You do have a good point! Perhaps he thrives on the attention good or bad and we are just feeding him what he wants. I will resist the urge to post any responses in any of his threads and will bite my lower lip. Babs is correct it is futile to try to get any point across to him as he is a lost cause in that area.

How about we form a GeminiMale40 non response group, if he starts a thread just ignore it, and if he tries to provoke you to hammer him in threads he does not start, then just ignore him. Eventually he will get bored as nobody is paying attention to his antics and he will move on. Control freaks can't operate if there is nobody willing to play the game.

I think his rule about discs and a couple of others rocked me to the core as a KJ and motivated me to post what I did. I think he knows exactly what buttons to push to get the responses he does. After thinking about it, what does it matter in the scheme of things if he decides to operate this way. Frankly Salinas is a small town and if they want to put up with it then so be it. One day he will grow up (pure speculation here) and see that his methods have not served him well.

I'm pushing my own buttons, specifically the "Ignore Button"

Thanks for your post!

_________________
FlipSide Karaoke
Scott


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:22 pm 
Offline
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:11 am
Posts: 30
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Been Liked: 0 time
Flipper @ Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:18 pm wrote:
therealsmitty @ Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:52 am wrote:
I'm kinda new here, but I've been around karaoke-related message boards since 1998. I've read the threads where gemini gets into some heated discussions. In those threads, he gets pretty belligerent, and gets what he gets. I don't agree, however with chasing him down with abuse every time he opens a thread, regardless of the subject of the new thread. If you relly want him to away, ignore the BS. Gemini seems to thrive on attention, of any kind. Don't feed the trolls; you risk looking more like a troll. should someone see this thread before they see the many threads where you've contributed great content to this board. Gemini started this thread with a post about his habit of wearing funny hats at his show. I think silence would be a more effective reply than abuse.

I speak for no one but myself. This is my opinion.


You do have a good point! Perhaps he thrives on the attention good or bad and we are just feeding him what he wants. I will resist the urge to post any responses in any of his threads and will bite my lower lip. Babs is correct it is futile to try to get any point across to him as he is a lost cause in that area.

How about we form a GeminiMale40 non response group, if he starts a thread just ignore it, and if he tries to provoke you to hammer him in threads he does not start, then just ignore him. Eventually he will get bored as nobody is paying attention to his antics and he will move on. Control freaks can't operate if there is nobody willing to play the game.

I think his rule about discs and a couple of others rocked me to the core as a KJ and motivated me to post what I did. I think he knows exactly what buttons to push to get the responses he does. After thinking about it, what does it matter in the scheme of things if he decides to operate this way. Frankly Salinas is a small town and if they want to put up with it then so be it. One day he will grow up (pure speculation here) and see that his methods have not served him well.

I'm pushing my own buttons, specifically the "Ignore Button"

Thanks for your post!


Wow! Thank you, and thanks for a great post yourself!


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:26 pm 
Offline
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 10:32 am
Posts: 7380
Images: 8
Location: Out West
Been Liked: 39 times
I have the same thought as smitty.... Yes I know:

Quote:
I speak for no one but myself. This is my opinion.


But I just happen to agree with all you said. It appears alot of people think "let's pester the heck out of him and maybe he'll leave"..... I mean, jeez, ganging up on someone and posting to his thread, totally off topic, JUST to make it clear that you don't like him or his posts? I mean, however rude he is elsewhere, this just keeps it going.

Not my issue, I don't know Gemini whatsoever. But I think this kind of behavior is tasteless and tacky, at best.

*Two wrongs don't make a right* <- - - - - Makes sense to me.

The end;)

_________________
♥ Laugh your heart out, dance in the rain. Cherish the memories, ignore the pain. Love and learn, forget and forgive. Because you only have one life to live. ♥


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:30 pm 
Offline
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 10:32 am
Posts: 7380
Images: 8
Location: Out West
Been Liked: 39 times
Okay, so maybe not quite "the end" yet....... :D

Maybe Phil, (since, gosh, the guy has nothing else to do whatsoever and hardly EVER implements changes around here.... :D ) could make it where if you post a thread and nobody replies say, within 72 hours, then the thread goes *poof* and disappears? Then unwanted threads could be ignored and go 'way in a timely manner.

??? Just a thought.

_________________
♥ Laugh your heart out, dance in the rain. Cherish the memories, ignore the pain. Love and learn, forget and forgive. Because you only have one life to live. ♥


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:38 pm 
Offline
Super Poster
Super Poster

Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:46 pm
Posts: 1264
Been Liked: 0 time
MandiLynn @ Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:30 pm wrote:
Okay, so maybe not quite "the end" yet....... :D

Maybe Phil, (since, gosh, the guy has nothing else to do whatsoever and hardly EVER implements changes around here.... :D ) could make it where if you post a thread and nobody replies say, within 72 hours, then the thread goes *poof* and disappears? Then unwanted threads could be ignored and go 'way in a timely manner.

??? Just a thought.


Yanno that's not a bad idea! I think 72hrs is plenty of time for someone to reply to someones new thread. That way it serves a dual purpose.

How about it Phil?

_________________
FlipSide Karaoke
Scott


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:39 pm 
Offline
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2002 2:40 am
Posts: 7468
Location: Kansas City, MO
Been Liked: 1 time
dunno, I've seen on the tech thread where sometimes three or four days go by until someone who really knows the answer posts!

I'd like to see a "ignore this user" button, but that's me just being a whiney biyatch!


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:41 pm 
Offline
Super Poster
Super Poster

Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:46 pm
Posts: 1264
Been Liked: 0 time
knightshow @ Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:39 pm wrote:
dunno, I've seen on the tech thread where sometimes three or four days go by until someone who really knows the answer posts!

I'd like to see a "ignore this user" button, but that's me just being a whiney biyatch!


LMAO

_________________
FlipSide Karaoke
Scott


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:42 pm 
Offline
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:11 am
Posts: 30
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Been Liked: 0 time
knightshow @ Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:39 pm wrote:
dunno, I've seen on the tech thread where sometimes three or four days go by until someone who really knows the answer posts!

I'd like to see a "ignore this user" button, but that's me just being a whiney biyatch!


Hey Matt, remember the "ASO" option?


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 pm 
Online
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:57 pm
Posts: 22395
Songs: 35
Images: 3
Location: Tacoma, WA
Been Liked: 1943 times
knightshow @ Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:39 am wrote:
dunno, I've seen on the tech thread where sometimes three or four days go by until someone who really knows the answer posts!

I'd like to see a "ignore this user" button, but that's me just being a whiney biyatch!


I could have sworn there WAS an ignore user feature here. Might be thinking of another forum.

_________________
LIKE Lonman on Facebook - Lonman Productions Karaoke & my main site via my profile!
Image


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:12 pm 
Offline
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:26 am
Posts: 7441
Location: New Zealand
Been Liked: 8 times
Lonman @ Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:43 am wrote:
knightshow @ Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:39 am wrote:
dunno, I've seen on the tech thread where sometimes three or four days go by until someone who really knows the answer posts!

I'd like to see a "ignore this user" button, but that's me just being a whiney biyatch!


I could have sworn there WAS an ignore user feature here. Might be thinking of another forum.


there isnt Lonnie and yet it would be soooooooo freakin handy...can we put it on da wishlist?

_________________
"Be who you are and say what you feel... Because those that matter... Don't mind...And those that mind... Don't matter."
Image


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:17 pm 
Online
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:57 pm
Posts: 22395
Songs: 35
Images: 3
Location: Tacoma, WA
Been Liked: 1943 times
MorganLeFey @ Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:12 pm wrote:
Lonman @ Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:43 am wrote:
knightshow @ Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:39 am wrote:
dunno, I've seen on the tech thread where sometimes three or four days go by until someone who really knows the answer posts!

I'd like to see a "ignore this user" button, but that's me just being a whiney biyatch!


I could have sworn there WAS an ignore user feature here. Might be thinking of another forum.


there isnt Lonnie and yet it would be soooooooo freakin handy...can we put it on da wishlist?


Please do!

_________________
LIKE Lonman on Facebook - Lonman Productions Karaoke & my main site via my profile!
Image


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:26 pm 
Offline
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:26 am
Posts: 7441
Location: New Zealand
Been Liked: 8 times
you taking notes? :angel:

_________________
"Be who you are and say what you feel... Because those that matter... Don't mind...And those that mind... Don't matter."
Image


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:33 pm 
Offline
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 10:32 am
Posts: 7380
Images: 8
Location: Out West
Been Liked: 39 times
knightshow @ Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:39 pm wrote:
I'd like to see a "ignore this user" button, but that's me just being a whiney biyatch!


You whiney biotch..... :D

_________________
♥ Laugh your heart out, dance in the rain. Cherish the memories, ignore the pain. Love and learn, forget and forgive. Because you only have one life to live. ♥


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:41 pm 
Offline
Super Extreme
Super Extreme
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:37 am
Posts: 7980
Location: Suburbs
Been Liked: 0 time
Gemini who? Never heard of him. LMAO

_________________
[shadow=pink][glow=deepskyblue]. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
[updown]~*~ MONKEY BUSINESS KARAOKE~*~ [/shadow][/updown][/glow]


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:41 pm 
Offline
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2002 2:40 am
Posts: 7468
Location: Kansas City, MO
Been Liked: 1 time
Z snap baybee! LOL!

therealsmitty @ Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:42 pm wrote:
Hey Matt, remember the "ASO" option?
ABSO-F*N-LUTELY!! That was AWESOME!


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:07 pm 
Offline
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:53 am
Posts: 224
Location: Cincinnati/NKY
Been Liked: 0 time
therealsmitty @ Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:52 pm wrote:
I'm kinda new here, but I've been around karaoke-related message boards since 1998. I've read the threads where gemini gets into some heated discussions. In those threads, he gets pretty belligerent, and gets what he gets. I don't agree, however with chasing him down with abuse every time he opens a thread, regardless of the subject of the new thread. If you relly want him to away, ignore the BS. Gemini seems to thrive on attention, of any kind. Don't feed the trolls; you risk looking more like a troll. should someone see this thread before they see the many threads where you've contributed great content to this board. Gemini started this thread with a post about his habit of wearing funny hats at his show. I think silence would be a more effective reply than abuse.

I speak for no one but myself. This is my opinion.


I've been reluctant to state the same, for fear of being ostracized, but I have to say I agree wholeheartedly here.

_________________
hi-voxentertainment


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:15 pm 
Offline
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:53 am
Posts: 224
Location: Cincinnati/NKY
Been Liked: 0 time
MandiLynn @ Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:30 pm wrote:
Okay, so maybe not quite "the end" yet....... :D

Maybe Phil, (since, gosh, the guy has nothing else to do whatsoever and hardly EVER implements changes around here.... :D ) could make it where if you post a thread and nobody replies say, within 72 hours, then the thread goes *poof* and disappears? Then unwanted threads could be ignored and go 'way in a timely manner.

??? Just a thought.


I'd have to say, I'm against this, simply for the same reason knightshow stated. I posted a thread the other day looking for people to post their gear list and it took a while to get some hits and responses (and I still have to contribute myself).

My opinion, and take it with a grain of salt as I am a n00b here, is to simply ignore unwanted posters. I learned this lesson years ago on message boards, and it took me some time to get it through my (admittedly) thick skull. It's like a stray cat outside your house. You keeping feeding it, it'll come back. If you have no food to offer it, it'll go elsewhere.

_________________
hi-voxentertainment


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:09 pm 
Offline
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:26 am
Posts: 7441
Location: New Zealand
Been Liked: 8 times
DJ Swirl @ Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:07 am wrote:
therealsmitty @ Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:52 pm wrote:
I'm kinda new here, but I've been around karaoke-related message boards since 1998. I've read the threads where gemini gets into some heated discussions. In those threads, he gets pretty belligerent, and gets what he gets. I don't agree, however with chasing him down with abuse every time he opens a thread, regardless of the subject of the new thread. If you relly want him to away, ignore the BS. Gemini seems to thrive on attention, of any kind. Don't feed the trolls; you risk looking more like a troll. should someone see this thread before they see the many threads where you've contributed great content to this board. Gemini started this thread with a post about his habit of wearing funny hats at his show. I think silence would be a more effective reply than abuse.


I speak for no one but myself. This is my opinion.


I've been reluctant to state the same, for fear of being ostracized, but I have to say I agree wholeheartedly here.



Swirl I know you have arrived at a time where you see everyone with the hackles risen but we are a normally peaceful happy community, and your vibes are fine...I wouldnt be a part of any community whether online or real where having an opinion is frowned upon

_________________
"Be who you are and say what you feel... Because those that matter... Don't mind...And those that mind... Don't matter."
Image


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:02 pm 
Offline
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 10:32 am
Posts: 7380
Images: 8
Location: Out West
Been Liked: 39 times
I don't think I've ever seen posts unreplied to over a few hours..... BUT, that's not to say it can't/ hasn't happened.

I just think if some kind of time-set was made for unreplied to topics to fall off the forums, then it would be a LOT less cluttered here, and would stop this sniping in threads. Even me, who hates the bickering constantly, is in here bickering about it..... :roll:

But, yeah, we all have a right to our own opinions.

_________________
♥ Laugh your heart out, dance in the rain. Cherish the memories, ignore the pain. Love and learn, forget and forgive. Because you only have one life to live. ♥


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:56 pm 
Offline
Super Poster
Super Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:43 am
Posts: 594
Location: Seattle, WA
Been Liked: 0 time
Babs @ Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:41 pm wrote:
Gemini who? Never heard of him. LMAO


Who? :ggof:

_________________
[shadow=deepskyblue]I'm impressed, I've never met such a small mind inside such a big head before.[/shadow]


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Elementary Penguin and 82 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Privacy Policy | Anti-Spam Policy | Acceptable Use Policy Copyright © Karaoke Scene Magazine
design & hosting by Cross Web Tech