KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - [SPLIT] Banning of Members Administrative Announcements Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

   
  * Login
  * Register

  * FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks


premium-member

Offsite Links


It is currently Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:28 pm 
Offline
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:26 am
Posts: 7441
Location: New Zealand
Been Liked: 8 times
Am I to assume we are to welcome Michaeljayklein back with open arms even though you posted the above statement Phil? I see he is now commenting in the forums again under the name Mellophone. He even has a song subbed under that name and also one his sidekick claypotts subbed today stating he was trying out a new microphone, that too is mr kleeen.  
So much for the persona non grata being taken seriously

_________________
"Be who you are and say what you feel... Because those that matter... Don't mind...And those that mind... Don't matter."
Image


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:02 pm 
Offline
newbie
newbie
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:15 am
Posts: 4
Location: ...in the breeze
Been Liked: 0 time
Music in any form is what keeps us sane. It is so nice to have places where you can escape the rat race of the world. A place where a person can express themselves musically in a peaceful and  friendly way is worth so very much. For some, it becomes like a second home. To take that away from a person is a sin in my book. Exclusion is wrong, forgiveness is right. Talent comes in many forms, none of them perfect. I hope that Singers Showcase and all it's tremendous talents feel the same as I do.

Merry Christmas,

ClayPotts  :handshake:


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:05 am 
Offline
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:26 am
Posts: 7441
Location: New Zealand
Been Liked: 8 times
guys this is great in principle but realistically its not exactly working is it? when you have members subbing songs from banned ex-members. When you have same banned members arriving back any time they like and contributing to forums and subbing songs.
I had one premium member say to me yesterday that they were pulling their membership and leaving as of yesterday. I hope its not true, cos she is well loved by all both in forum and on SS

_________________
"Be who you are and say what you feel... Because those that matter... Don't mind...And those that mind... Don't matter."
Image


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:26 pm 
Offline
Super Poster
Super Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 11:56 pm
Posts: 889
Location: Gainesville Florida
Been Liked: 3 times
Well I gotta disagree... Apparently Phil or Admin CANT or WONT do ANYTHING &/or EVERYTHING  they can do to stop the constant abuse of more than one member of this site by MJK and I dont think there is anything wrong with complaining about it in public if there is nothing being done in the private sector. You know what they say about squeeky wheels. Im SURE there are other things a website owner/operator can do to prevent harrassment on their site than what Phil/admin have done. Legally? I dont know but Im sure there is something. No one should have to endure constant abuse. Its been over a year now that this has been going on. If youre gonna make rules stick by them & follow them ALL the time not just when you feel like it.

_________________
Kelley
Star Sounds Karaoke & Mobile Recording Studio
Image

[shadow=black][scroll]You have to respect your audience. Without them, you're essentially standing alone, singing to yourself....KD Lang[/scroll][/shadow]


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:05 pm 
Karaoke  Kelley @ Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:26 pm wrote:
Well I gotta disagree... Apparently Phil or Admin CANT or WONT do ANYTHING &/or EVERYTHING  they can do to stop the constant abuse of more than one member of this site by MJK and I dont think there is anything wrong with complaining about it in public if there is nothing being done in the private sector. You know what they say about squeeky wheels. Im SURE there are other things a website owner/operator can do to prevent harrassment on their site than what Phil/admin have done. Legally? I dont know but Im sure there is something. No one should have to endure constant abuse. Its been over a year now that this has been going on. If youre gonna make rules stick by them & follow them ALL the time not just when you feel like it.


Thank you Kelley.  Would you please send the names of the people the accused person has been harrassing and abusing since he was banned? From your description, it sounds like this person has been running rampant all over the site targeting people left and right and making life difficult for them here. You mentioned "more than one member" in your commentary, so please, immediately report to admin  the names of these targeted individuals--if known--and the facts surrounding the incidents.  Frankly, I'm well aware that he has "snuck" into SS on a number of occasions, but the only comments he made to anyone under their submissions were positive (and I've read them all);  besides which, despite their being "nice comments" they were removed by admin, along with any submission he might have posted.  

Additionally, I think we are also discussing the "bashing" of a member, even one who is banned, when the banned member's name should not even be brought up.  I cite one member who refers to MJK (and I use his name only as a means to identify my citation) as "psychotic" in a thread currently on the board and in past threads since the member was banned.  It needs to be stopped and if the member insists on making inflammatory and unfounded character assassinations of that nature, they in turn should be banned as well.

Thank you.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:03 pm 
Offline
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 10:32 am
Posts: 7385
Images: 8
Location: Out West
Been Liked: 47 times
Edited....... that post TOTALLY didn't make sense after being moved.   LMAO


.

_________________
♥ Laugh your heart out, dance in the rain. Cherish the memories, ignore the pain. Love and learn, forget and forgive. Because you only have one life to live. ♥


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:29 pm 
Offline
Super Poster
Super Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 11:56 pm
Posts: 889
Location: Gainesville Florida
Been Liked: 3 times
I agree that there are three sides to every story, but really, weve ALL seen this with more than just the one person hes messin with now. Hes (over the whole time hes been here) been given chance after chance. He didnt get banned for arguing with just one person. It was several people as we all know. So maybe looking at the bigger picture instead of whats happening THIS time will help. I dunno. Im not wanting any drama on my end just a FINAL conclusion to the ongoing drama that gets started every time he comes around. It would be nice if we could all get along but some wounds never heal. And I for one understand that b/c I was on the receiving end last year myself.  "Nice comments" on a few subs & a nasty inuendo subbed song for a certain lady in NZ are two entirely different things my friends.

_________________
Kelley
Star Sounds Karaoke & Mobile Recording Studio
Image

[shadow=black][scroll]You have to respect your audience. Without them, you're essentially standing alone, singing to yourself....KD Lang[/scroll][/shadow]


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:55 am 
Offline
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:26 am
Posts: 7441
Location: New Zealand
Been Liked: 8 times
right that takes care of those that are "commenting" but what of the member who is subbing said duets constantly

_________________
"Be who you are and say what you feel... Because those that matter... Don't mind...And those that mind... Don't matter."
Image


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:16 am 
Offline
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:56 pm
Posts: 1835
Location: No. Kentucky
Been Liked: 2 times
I believe he covered that too sugah  :hug:

I think Admin/Mods are doing the best they can given the situation.  It would be not only impossible but improbable for anyone to be here monitoring 24/7 so perhaps we're being a tad impatient when expecting things to be done immediately, it's just very frustrating to sit tight while watching everything play out.

Merry Christmas to all involved in the running of this site, may we have many more years to enjoy each others company  :hug:

_________________
[shadow=white][scroll]Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.....It's about learning to dance in the rain[/scroll][/shadow]


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:34 pm 
Offline
Super Poster
Super Poster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:13 pm
Posts: 1151
Been Liked: 0 time
webguru @ Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:22 am wrote:
The mention of any banned member(s) in the forums will lead to a warning.
Should a member registered under a new name and make post/submission that you suspect is from a banned member; DO NOT COMMENT but PM the Mod and/or The Webguru.

This also applies in SS:
Should a new member that you suspect is a banned member making comments on a submission; you should not reply to the comment; knowingly replying to the comment will lead to a warning. You should report this matter to the moderators of the suspected members presence. A copy of the comment would be helpful.

Should this banned member submit a song (including duet), then you should not comment on that song, but report it. Commenting on the song could earn you a warning.

Multiple warnings may lead to a member being banned

Hopefully this helps with the explanation.



OK.. I'm sorry, I don't jump in like this anymore & I don't hang out in the forums anymore because it never fails there ends up to be some type of controversy at some point..  :no:

but to read that commenting on a song of someone who's been banned previously could end up getting the COMMENTER a warning?? HUH????

I'm sorry, but as a member here, I personally am here to encourage music and those who wish to sing, I don't have the time OR THE DESIRE to check daily to see who has been banned and who hasn't so that I know who I can comment on or not & no one should be expected to in reality. So I guess ban me for commenting on people who sang a song and I dared to listen and encourage because I don't desire to play the banning game and check a list to see who's naughty or nice.. that's Santa's job.. not mine.

What about comments like one I saw on a song which initiate the bad mouthing of the banned member in the REPLY to someone who is a friend of the banned member and said NOTHING about him?? I'm sure THAT encourages participation on the site as well doesn't it?? HUH? Where did Joyce say ANYTHING about anyone other than a comment on the particular song she had heard? So why was that necessary to add into the comment?? For all to read none the less.. which you KNOW people read comments and replies..

"Lovely Vicki.. I like this side of your voice too, very good on the accent 7 spoken word. I would have liked to have heard less reverb but that's personal taste... vocally though, a top 10'er.... Joyce
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply: heavy on the efx is one of Dani Klein's trademarks, that and lyrics bout pimps and prostitutes and men who cheat :) Glad you like it Joyce thanks so much...would just like to say this...even although I loathe your friend with every fibre of my being, I would defend your right to claim him as your friend. Peace :)"


Sorry all.. I know this won't gain me any fans with the lynching crowd.. but.. I have stood up for others who were being attacked previously.. who have now turned into part of the attackers..  and if I'm not liked for stating my opinion.. that's just how it is.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:46 pm 
Offline
webmaster
webmaster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2001 4:00 am
Posts: 2770
Images: 36
Location: Anaheim, Orange County, CA
Been Liked: 104 times
FOXE -

Clarification - commenting saying something to the effect (or is affect?) You are banned and shouldn't be subbing - that would be something that would be taken for attempting to stir up trouble... etc... Not just comment saying "hey nice song yada yada yada

LOL  :wave:

_________________
Phill Cross
Webmaster, Host Provider & Part-Time “Technical” Problem Solver

KJ / MC
Image

services provided by:
CROSS WEB TECH


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:47 pm 
Offline
Super Poster
Super Poster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:13 pm
Posts: 1151
Been Liked: 0 time
ok.. thank you Phill.. was starting to think the site was switching to Communism lol

:hug:  :wave:


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:05 pm 
Offline
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:26 am
Posts: 7441
Location: New Zealand
Been Liked: 8 times
I am being damned for assuring someone I would defend their right to have someone as a friend even if I dont like them? Go figure.

_________________
"Be who you are and say what you feel... Because those that matter... Don't mind...And those that mind... Don't matter."
Image


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:04 pm 
Offline
newbie
newbie
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:26 pm
Posts: 1
Been Liked: 0 time
quote="MorganLeFey @ Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:05 pm"]I am being damned for assuring someone I would defend their right to have someone as a friend even if I dont like them? Go figure.[/quote]

No, but it certainly makes that person seem like a criminal, which is just what you intend it to mean.  You have an agenda.  Here's something you wrote in the forums in November of this  year.

MorganLeFey
Extreme Plus Poster


Joined: 12 Jul 2006
Posts: 4230

Points: 6365 (Donate)
Groups:  
Singers  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Location: New Zealand
Time: 5:46 pm
Gender:

Profile Photo

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:07 pm  
Re: The worst karaoke singer ever  
   


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re Invention @ Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:29 pm wrote:
mrdelicious2 @ Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:31 am wrote:
I am thinking they are gay, which I have nothing against gay people btw.  


Nothing against gay people, but you felt the need to mention this even though it had absolutely no relevance to your story?  Well, I guess it's relevant enough to raise a RED FLAG because of the song choice by one of them.  You do realize that people use the phrase "red flag" to warn about something negative?  

For someone with nothing against gay people, your post came across as pretty condescending toward us.

(VICKI'S RESPONSE):

Whats the problem? I read his post he said nothing derogatory...there used to be another precious gay person here thank the gods hes banned!!! and no not becos he was gay but he was a jerk. Hopefully you will not prove that sexual preference and jerkdom go hand in hand

Your response is the last paragraph reprinted here.  I have not included the link to this post in the forums here--it would give you too much time to run back and change it, but it's there for anybody wishing to search it out.  It's one of several that have been pulled from various places, both in the forums and on the SS site in which you continue to bash this person either by name or direct inference.

What is of real concern is the phrase "Another precious gay person".  It's the use of "another" that lends considerable evidence to the fact that you might dislike gays in general.  Or are all gay people "precious" in your view of the world?  Just what does that mean?  Would you care to elaborate on this and explain what you really meant?

Not terribly long ago you even devoted a thread to damning this person in your MySpace page.  An entire thread devoted to nothing else.  Full of nothing but undiluted hatred and doing a wonderful job of spreading it.  I suppose that's something to be proud of.  Considering your statement to somebody on this site about the banned member's photograph "giving off an aura of evil", it's hard not to think in terms of contradiction when reading the vile posts you added to that thread on a daily basis.

Yet again, and MOST DAMNING OF ALL, you went to another karaoke site a couple months ago where the subject banned person has been a member for over a year now is in very good standing with all members and respected there.  You tried to take a comment this person made to another member and twist it into something it was not in order to start a battle between the member and the person this comment was left for.  It failed miserably because THIS TIME your "mortal enemy" there nipped it right in the bud with the other member you tried to drag into this and before you could hatch any more plans.

Over the past year since this member was banned you have demonstrated time and time again with OTHER parties that you are a person whose primary purpose is to cause trouble, pounce on people if they've "committed" what YOU and YOU ONLY would call a crime in your eyes (a misunderstood phrase by someone can become a venal sin in your hands)  and tear that person apart, being sure, since there is safety in numbers (and let's not forget the lynch mob you so skillfully banded together on the banned member in question last year) to carefully manipulate people to join your cause...overtly and covertly--there are now a large number of people you have attempted to destroy (for whatever petty vexations you have against them) by backroom communication and flurries of invidious private messages--and they are coming forward at last.

Thank you.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:54 pm 
Offline
Super Poster
Super Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 11:56 pm
Posts: 889
Location: Gainesville Florida
Been Liked: 3 times
Ya know, I dunno but Im just a little weirded out by the fact that this hostility doesnt seem to come to a head UNTIL this certain banned member comes around here. Maybe Ive missed alot I havent been on SS or in the forums alot anymore b/c of health & business issues but when I have been here its been pleasant. The plain truth of the matter is this person is banned & has NO right to be anywhere near KS or SS period. Everyone may not agree but there were reasons this person was banned. Admin or Phil just doesnt go around banning people for no reason. BTW Phil I apologize for earlier statements about nothing being done, Yes you have tried everything you know how to do but my point was maybe someone (like the owner of the website) needs to investigate further into what can be done permanantly. Im almost positive that he as the owner has certain rights that we as mere members do not.  I would make these comments about ANY banned member not just b/c it is who it is. I mean I dont care too much for a few members here but you dont see me asking for them to get banned, they havent personally done anything to me. So I see where alot of you wouldnt agree totally with the fact this person is banned but I also understand the other side of the coin. Enough is enough ya know. Like I said earlier it wasnt just one person that this banned person had issues with, & we all know that. I was there myself. Its not fun !

_________________
Kelley
Star Sounds Karaoke & Mobile Recording Studio
Image

[shadow=black][scroll]You have to respect your audience. Without them, you're essentially standing alone, singing to yourself....KD Lang[/scroll][/shadow]


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:53 pm 
Offline
newbie
newbie

Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:38 pm
Posts: 3
Been Liked: 0 time
There are always two sides to the coin as you stated very well Kelley.  It might be because there is hostility and untrue statements made about him long since he was gone that could be the cause of him sneaking his behind in here from time to time. Think of it that way:  If someone was continually putting you down long after the price has been paid.  This person is still an entity on some of these internet sites and that fact the one or more persons chooses not to have accepted his apologies for whatever trangressions he might have made--and I remember the episode from last year and can understand how someone could be driven to have done some of the things he did with all that was going on--and continues to assassinate him at every available turn, well that isn't right.  I know, being a friend of his, that you won't see him tearing the other individual involved her apart publicly anywhere else but here where he continues to be made out to be a monster by a sick individual.  His friends still stay by him despite her efforts.  I also know he does not EVER castigate any of his friends because they are friendly with this other person--he's not like THAT!  I was the person who wrote the piece you just responded to and was banned immediately.  I will be banned for writing this no doubt.  I've known this person for quite a long while now and was around during this big blow up last year and have gotten more facts from others to have an even more accurate picture of what happened.   I also know that several members of the famous lynch mob have come back to him to apologize for behaving they way they did.  They weren't acting out of their own volition...they were forced into it by another member with--for whatever her reasons--a violent hatred that goes beyond what was at issue at the time.  They were enlisted to taunt and bait until they got the result they wanted.  A couple of them have now admitted they didn't even realize what they were doing at the time, but acted under blindess and prodding from their "leader".  They have shared some of the things they were told by this person in an effort to gain more momentum--and this includes the aforementioned taunting and baiting the person who was banned. Miraculously, there were a few on these forums who stood back and objectively saw what was occurring.  The sycophants succeeded admirably in their goal.   For myself, I don't know how I would have reacted--my temper is even worse than I like to admit.  

Thank you.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:12 am 
Offline
Super Poster
Super Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 11:56 pm
Posts: 889
Location: Gainesville Florida
Been Liked: 3 times
This is arguing a mute point. Hes NOT supposed to be here PERIOD !  If I got banned I wouldnt be around nah nah nee boo booin' Thats sooo childish ! And then wonders why people have some off the cuff names to call him ?? If this person just  stayed away like hes supposed to do they would have no contact with eachother ...big deal ?? no its not. Its simple...

_________________
Kelley
Star Sounds Karaoke & Mobile Recording Studio
Image

[shadow=black][scroll]You have to respect your audience. Without them, you're essentially standing alone, singing to yourself....KD Lang[/scroll][/shadow]


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:29 am 
Offline
newbie
newbie

Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:38 pm
Posts: 3
Been Liked: 0 time
You might consider rereading what I wrote...honestly, it sounds like you are missing the point Kelley.  I know it will be read by others than yourself, so if something was not clear, please let me know. Thanks for your input!


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:55 am 
Offline
Super Poster
Super Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 11:56 pm
Posts: 889
Location: Gainesville Florida
Been Liked: 3 times
Mr RPM @ Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:29 am wrote:
You might consider rereading what I wrote...honestly, it sounds like you are missing the point Kelley.  I know it will be read by others than yourself, so if something was not clear, please let me know. Thanks for your input!


Exactly...what IS your point ? That just because he is STILL disliked by this person he has a RIGHT to come back & nah nah nee booo boo  ?? Dont think so,hes banned. I dont believe there is anything one can do to change anothers mind. I wish there was a way to do that. I have a few people who dislike me however much I TRY to change their minds. One just cant do it. Ok this person hurt him. He hurt this person. Shes not ready to forgive. Maybe, just maybe in the future, but not now. So he should stop trying so hard,its prolly annoying her. Unless...hes TRYING to annoy her. I dunno. Ive never been able to read him.He should just Let It Be ! I sound like a Beatles song LOL ! Im listening to the Commodores though I promise LOL !    I dunno... What I do know is he shouldnt even be around so drama cant be  started. Anybody besides me ever heard the saying "Dont Start no stuff,wont be no stuff" ?

_________________
Kelley
Star Sounds Karaoke & Mobile Recording Studio
Image

[shadow=black][scroll]You have to respect your audience. Without them, you're essentially standing alone, singing to yourself....KD Lang[/scroll][/shadow]


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:58 am 
Offline
Super Poster
Super Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 11:56 pm
Posts: 889
Location: Gainesville Florida
Been Liked: 3 times
Lotsa guests in the forum tonight...  :wave:

_________________
Kelley
Star Sounds Karaoke & Mobile Recording Studio
Image

[shadow=black][scroll]You have to respect your audience. Without them, you're essentially standing alone, singing to yourself....KD Lang[/scroll][/shadow]


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Privacy Policy | Anti-Spam Policy | Acceptable Use Policy Copyright © Karaoke Scene Magazine
design & hosting by Cross Web Tech