KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Eagles Soundchoice CD...Brand New, Sealed... Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Classified Ads Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:34 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 610 times
chrisavis wrote:
Except you have people like me that make one and only one bid with only 2-4 secs left in auction. :)

Of course. Most everybody snipes. But you might not even WATCH it, with a $200 starting price and thus not get wrapped up in the drama towards the end. You will certainly watch it at $1.00 on the hopes you might get a bargain.

The key is to have as large a pool of bidders/watchers as possible. Starting high with an unrealistic reserve just works against you.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:01 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
Amazing!!! He got 1 bid (after 2 re-listings) at the minimum $200 (RESERVE NOT MET).
(edit): Well, I guess our guy didn't like that $200 bid (the only bid). He relisted the auction again.

Not only that, there's now a 2nd person from California selling the disc at $600 (NO RESERVE).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EAGLES-8125-SEA ... 1c44bbe0dc

I wonder if it's the same person just hedging his bets.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:19 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

cueball wrote:
Not only that, there's now a 2nd person from California selling the disc at $600 (NO RESERVE).

Zero bids. Gee. I wonder why?

Have these people never sold anything on eBay before?! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:58 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
When will they ever learn? :o Relisted AGAIN, 4th time around. First listed Aug 3, 2014. No bids on all. This one ends Aug 30. $600 + $3 shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8125-Soundchoic ... 1400636520

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:30 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Relisted a 5th time... The last round he actually got 2 bids. I guess $202.50 wasn't enough for him.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:00 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
I think he is going to wait until it gets to be 76 years old ( like the 1938 Superman comic book) and hope to get 3.2 million for it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:06 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

mrmarog wrote:
I think he is going to wait until it gets to be 76 years old ( like the 1938 Superman comic book) and hope to get 3.2 million for it.

The value is only gonna go down. The more years that pass, the more irrelevant it becomes. I believe he/she missed the peak.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:33 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Bazza wrote:
The value is only gonna go down. The more years that pass, the more irrelevant it becomes. I believe he/she missed the peak.
If it's going to be so irrelevant, then how come this disc is STILL commanding a $400 price tag after over 15 years?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:42 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

And here goes some competition for shesellssanctuary9917 (tonydimeo)...

Tony's... http://www.ebay.com/itm/121424334546?ss ... 1423.l2649

The competition... http://www.ebay.com/itm/EAGLES-8125-SEA ... 1424334546

Let's see who sells it first... They're both in California (like that really means anything).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:06 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

cueball wrote:
Let's see who sells it first... They're both in California (like that really means anything).

My prediction? Neither will sell. :wink:

Unrealistic prices and reserves set way too high. Greedy fools who will end up with nothing.

cueball wrote:
Bazza wrote:
If it's going to be so irrelevant, then how come this disc is STILL commanding a $400 price tag after over 15 years?

Why did people spend hundred of dollars on Beanie Babies? It was a false market based on the perception of rarity. People had dollar signs in their eyes that they would sell these "rare" items years later and make a huge profit. They kept their value for many years too! Today? Worthless, although I'll bet there are still people hanging on thinking "One day they will come back and I'll be rich!". :lol:

This person cant even get $200 and easily spent nearly 10X that much. Sounds familiar?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Collection-Lot- ... 43cee50618

The suckers haven't figured it out yet. If it was the glorious "collectors item rarity" that some cling to, why isn't he getting $600? Because it simply isn't worth that anymore. I was pointing out that the value is decreasing. Which it is. I think this auction in itself is proof of that.

The bottom line is it's relevance has already passed. You can get very good Eagles versions from other vendors. Most savvy KJ's bought the custom burn from Oz and got the very same tracks for under $50. As you well know, I am a SC fan. But no single karaoke disc is worth $300 let alone $600. Those thinking "It's a collectors item!" will have a rude awakening in 10 years (or less) when CD's have completely gone the way of the cassette and the only place you see them is the local flea market. That ship is sailing...now. Sell it now to the highest bidder while their are still suckers to buy it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:45 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
Value, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. There will always be those that value more what to may seem worthless.

I think my ex-wife is a !@#$$%^%^&. But her current husband thinks she hangs the moon.
I lose a lot of eBay auctions because someone else thinks that it is worth $1.00 more than what I think it is worth. I have won a lot of eBay auctions for the same reason.

Those Eagles discs, will sell for more than retail no matter what. Maybe not $600, but I bet they would go for $100 or more. I would even buy another one at $100.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:47 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

chrisavis wrote:
I bet they would go for $100 or more. I would even buy another one at $100.

And that is a MUCH more realistic value.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:19 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
The $360 auction doesn't have a reserve, but it's starting price is too high. Start the bid @ $100 & set the reserve at $250 - most likely would sell them all day long.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:01 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Lonman wrote:
The $360 auction doesn't have a reserve, but it's starting price is too high. Start the bid @ $100 & set the reserve at $250 - most likely would sell them all day long.

If you are going to have an auction...HAVE an AUCTION. $1, No reserve.

It would bring in TONS of bidders. Heck, I would bid. Larger pool, more people to fight at the end, and that almost always translates to a higher final price.

But you have to be willing to accept what the market is willing to pay...and have Cajones. :lol:

It appears to me these guys don't really want an auction. They want to pick a price and sell it. So, pick your price, and do a "Buy it Now". These high starting price, high reserve, false auctions are just silly.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:12 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
$100 isn't a high starting point & there isn't anything wrong with having a reserve price. I have sold several items where I knew I could get a specific price but was getting a feel for the possibility with the reserve. Usually they met & exceeded my expectations. But I didn't start with a ridiculous starting bid either. It was usually inline with what I could get on the market anyway.
But I agree, these two auctions are just someone wanting a price and nothing more - Buy It Now option would be more appropriate.
The $360 sale will still have a better chance but still pretty high.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:18 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

chrisavis wrote:
Those Eagles discs, will sell for more than retail no matter what. Maybe not $600, but I bet they would go for $100 or more. I would even buy another one at $100.
I bet they will still go for between $300-$500. It might not go on the first shot, but it will. I've seen that disc still commanding those prices. BUT, as for that $600 price tag... FUGGEDABOUDIT!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:37 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 268 times
chrisavis wrote:
Value, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. There will always be those that value more what to may seem worthless.

I think my ex-wife is a !@#$$%^%^&. But her current husband thinks she hangs the moon.
I lose a lot of eBay auctions because someone else thinks that it is worth $1.00 more than what I think it is worth. I have won a lot of eBay auctions for the same reason.

The ones that always have me scratching my head are the sales I keep track of on used computer equipment. The auctions always start at 99cents, and seem to average over $200 by the time the auction is over, when in my opinion, it should not have sold for more than $150.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:51 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

jclaydon wrote:
The ones that always have me scratching my head are the sales I keep track of on used computer equipment. The auctions always start at 99cents, and seem to average over $200 by the time the auction is over, when in my opinion, it should not have sold for more than $150.

Exactly what I said above...they did it right! It's all about the number of bidders in the pool. You want as many people as possible to come to the party if you want to sell for the highest price. If they had started that auction at $200, they would most likely have had ZERO bids. BUT they started it at $0.99, which brought a lot of bargain hunters into the mix. People, like yourself, started watching it. (Would you have even have watched it with a $200 starting price?). Then they got sucked into the whole auction drama and bid, ending in a higher final price. Well done.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:19 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
Bazza wrote:
Exactly what I said above...they did it right! It's all about the number of bidders in the pool. You want as many people as possible to come to the party if you want to sell for the highest price. If they had started that auction at $200, they would most likely have had ZERO bids. BUT they started it at $0.99, which brought a lot of bargain hunters into the mix. People, like yourself, started watching it. (Would you have even have watched it with a $200 starting price?). Then they got sucked into the whole auction drama and bid, ending in a higher final price. Well done.

I don't know if I completely agree with that strategy. I have seen a lot of auctions that start at 99 cents and have 20+ watchers. Yet I win with a bid of 99 cents and I am the only bidder.

So many people use sniping tools or, like I do, just manually snipe. I have won a bunch of auctions with making only a single bid against a 1/2 dozen other people that also make only a single bid.

But your logic is sound. The more people that know about a product, the more likely you are to find people that want it and will pay for it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:37 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

chrisavis wrote:
So many people use sniping tools or, like I do, just manually snipe. I have won a bunch of auctions with making only a single bid against a 1/2 dozen other people that also make only a single bid.

But your logic is sound. The more people that know about a product, the more likely you are to find people that want it and will pay for it.

I think 5+ years ago, the sniper had a huge advantage and you could win just about every auction you entered by swooping in 8 seconds before close. Today however, everyone knows these tactics and many play along. The result is instead of the bidding war taking 5 days, it all happens in the last 10 seconds. You still make the highest bid you are comfortable with (and may still lose against the other higher sniper), you just have a highly compressed time frame in which to do it. The last time I tried to snipe, the history showed there were 5 others sniping with me. I still lost.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next