KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Eagles Soundchoice CD...Brand New, Sealed... Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Classified Ads Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:28 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
Bazza wrote:
I think 5+ years ago, the sniper had a huge advantage and you could win just about every auction you entered by swooping in 8 seconds before close. Today however, everyone knows these tactics and many play along...
I don't agree with that. I have had my eye on a DVD set of "The Twilight Zone: The Definitive Collection," and I have seen people bidding on them from day to day. And, these are auctions that are between 3-6 days each, with varied starting prices (99 cents, $20, $45, etc...). I have watched a few, where the bidding seems to have stopped in the $45 - $52 range, and there was still plenty of time left for the auction (in some cases, days, not hours and minutes), and when it got down to the last 15 seconds, I did not see the bid change. So, not everyone seems to know about "Sniping" (or, if they do, they're just not using it).

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:38 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 268 times
cueball wrote:
Bazza wrote:
I think 5+ years ago, the sniper had a huge advantage and you could win just about every auction you entered by swooping in 8 seconds before close. Today however, everyone knows these tactics and many play along...
I don't agree with that. I have had my eye on a DVD set of "The Twilight Zone: The Definitive Collection," and I have seen people bidding on them from day to day. And, these are auctions that are between 3-6 days each, with varied starting prices (99 cents, $20, $45, etc...). I have watched a few, where the bidding seems to have stopped in the $45 - $52 range, and there was still plenty of time left for the auction (in some cases, days, not hours and minutes), and when it got down to the last 15 seconds, I did not see the bid change. So, not everyone seems to know about "Sniping" (or, if they do, they're just not using it).

The rules have changed a bit, at least for the Canadian site. First of all bids are increased by a minimum of $1 which means you can't beat someone out by a couple of pennies, second there is no manual bidding anymore, you enter the amount your willing to pay and that's it, and lastly they changed it so that no one can bid in the last minute *or maybe it was 30 seconds, I forget*

-James

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:28 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
That just seems silly. They are losing out on fees if they block last minute bids. I change my mind all the time and up my max price in the last few seconds.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:47 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 610 times
chrisavis wrote:
That just seems silly. They are losing out on fees if they block last minute bids. I change my mind all the time and up my max price in the last few seconds.

What they SHOULD do, is act like an actual auction. If a bid comes in seconds before the close, you extend the auction by a minute from the time of that last bid. Just like a real auctioneer does. He always goes around the room one more time to see if anyone wants to challenge the high bid. As long as people keep bidding, the auction keeps going. Problem solved.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:39 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Bazza wrote:
What they SHOULD do, is act like an actual auction. If a bid comes in seconds before the close, you extend the auction by a minute from the time of that last bid. Just like a real auctioneer does. He always goes around the room one more time to see if anyone wants to challenge the high bid. As long as people keep bidding, the auction keeps going. Problem solved.
Kinda like those rip-off penny auction sites (such as q-bids) that charge you for money packages (to bid with), and keep extending the auction by another 15 minutes every time someone bids.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:59 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 180 times
cueball wrote:
Bazza wrote:
Kinda like those rip-off penny auction sites (such as q-bids) that charge you for money packages (to bid with), and keep extending the auction by another 15 minutes every time someone bids.

that's called a dutch auction!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:45 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

cueball wrote:

Yes. Except for the rip off/penny/charge you to bid/ part, its exactly the same. Kinda like saying Twinkies and Wedding Cake are the same. Except for the size/filling & ingredients. :lol:

mightywiz wrote:
that's called a dutch auction!

Hardly. There is ever only one bid in a Dutch auction. A Dutch Auction works like a normal auction in reverse. You start high and lower the amount until the first person buys. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_auction.

Every live auction I have ever been to in my life extends bidding. Never. Not once, has an auctioneer had a timer and cut off bidding with people scrambling at the last moment trying to snipe each other. Although it would be pretty entertaining. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:36 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
Relisted a 6th time. This guy will not stop until his 8125 sells for $600 + $3 shipping. Still hoping (against hope) although it seems unlikely; not with his asking price. http://www.ebay.com/itm/8125-Soundchoic ... 1430089376?

This one @ $350 + $3 did not sell either. Relisted 2nd time: http://www.ebay.com/itm/111449654061?ru ... 26_rdc%3D1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:11 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
that's odd...you can't possibly run a professional karaoke business without that disc.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:29 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
that's odd...you can't possibly run a professional karaoke business without that disc.
I don't have it and the Legends and BackStage discs have worked just fine with zero complaints from my singers, and Eagles songs get quite frequently. For $600 I have purchased hundreds of discs in bulk. He can keep it!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:38 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Brian A wrote:
Relisted a 6th time. This guy will not stop until his 8125 sells for $600 + $3 shipping. Still hoping (against hope) although it seems unlikely; not with his asking price. http://www.ebay.com/itm/8125-Soundchoic ... 1430089376?

This one @ $350 + $3 did not sell either. Relisted 2nd time: http://www.ebay.com/itm/111449654061?ru ... 26_rdc%3D1

Rinse / Repeat.

Fools.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:15 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Brian A wrote:

Like I said in my previous post... Let's see which one sells first. I am willing to bet that the $350 one sells (eventually).

Last edited by Cueball on Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:02 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
cueball wrote:
Brian A wrote:

Like I said in my previous pot...

Uuhhh, can I have some pot? 8) Maybe if I’m high enough my impulse buying mode will kick-in & buy that disc.

just kiddin’ cue. I know it was a slight typo. can’t resist. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:07 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Brian A wrote:
cueball wrote:
Like I said in my previous pot...

Uuhhh, can I have some pot? 8) Maybe if I’m high enough my impulse buying mode will kick-in & buy that disc.

just kiddin’ cue. I know it was a slight typo. can’t resist. :wink:
It was subliminal. You'd have to be stoned outta your mind to consider paying that kind of money. LMFAO... and corrected.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:38 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Looks like the competition dropped his price by a quarter to $325. Testing the waters to see if he gets any bites... Meanwhile, Mr. Stubborn still has his at $200 with a BUY-IT-NOW of $600. And, they both still have that $3 shipping charge.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:56 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

cueball wrote:
Looks like the competition dropped his price by a quarter to $325. Testing the waters to see if he gets any bites... Meanwhile, Mr. Stubborn still has his at $200 with a BUY-IT-NOW of $600. And, they both still have that $3 shipping charge.

It's obvious they really don't want to sell them. They are just hoping a sucker comes along.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:50 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Both are relisted again (automatically... what's this, the 6th or 7th relisting?). Just curious... does anyone know how many times ebay relists an item before they charge you for the listing again?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:46 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Gee Whiz!!!! Looks like our OP has re-listed it again, and is getting desperate now. He's put up a BUY IT NOW for $500 (but he still started the Auction at $200, and has a RESERVE PRICE out there, and he still has the $3 Shipping Charge added on).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:42 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

It is painfully obvious that this disc is not worth what the urban legend says it is.

It is not the 1st edition of Superman or a Honus Wagner baseball card. It's a piece of not-so-rare plastic that is losing value annually.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:34 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $315.

See... I told you that the other guy would sell his disc before the OP s.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next