KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Selling out entire 14000+ Song CDG inventory Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Classified Ads Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:23 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
I am moving on to other adventures, so the time has come to sellout my entire Legal CDG library to those who might need it for a new or additional gig. Songs are current up to Dec 2013. Included is the entire Brick/Mortor Series (SC), the entire SC Gem Series, a whole lot of various SC/CB/Sunfly/DK/MM and other Manu original CDG's. I'm working on the inventory now to provide the exact count and manu CDG disc #. Contact me via email if interested. Best offer get's the entire lot. Oh, and I will NOT sell individual CDG's. This is a package deal only. Make me an offer.
thanks!

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:45 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 445 times
Johnny, what's the ballpark you are looking for? 5-6 years ago, a 14,000 song CDG library would easily demand $5000-6000, but today, they go all day long on eBay for more like $600-1000. What are your expectations?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:17 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Hi TopherM. Thanks for your response. After further consideration, and the fact that I do have some cd's that are in some demand - I will sell this lot in fractions (manu groups) and individual sales in order to maximize my return. I'm half way thru the inventory, and if anyone wishes to post what particular cdg's they are looking for here, I'll look and let you know if I have it available. We'll go from there.
Thanks again for your interest. As far as expectations..hell, with the industry in turmoil and the fact that download availability in the future is in question, who knows - I might be able to get at least 1/4 of my total investment.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:03 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
Might be better off posting a list of what you got, sorted by manu then disc number. Betting you'd get a lot more hits that way.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:20 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Ok..here's my entire Inventory up for grabs. I'll leave it here for about week before posting over at ebay.

ENTIRE LIBRARY SOLD...Listing removed.

Last edited by johnnybe on Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:13 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 172 times
$600 - $1000????..........even Rick Harrison, or even Chumley would pay more than that....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:31 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 445 times
Here's some real market numbers. Recently completed used karaoke lot sales on EBay:

775 Discs, mostly Soundchoise: $2580
134 Discs, all Soundchoise: $1031
177 Discs, all Chartbuster: $510
246 Discs, all Chartbuster: $430
150 Discs, all Chartbuster: $237
491 Discs, assorted: $255
159 Discs, assorted: $225
200 Discs, assorted: $213
163 Discs, assorted: $189

Based on this, the average going rate for a used, assorted lot of CDGs is $2.27 a disc. 14000 songs at approximately 15 songs a disc would put the value of this collection at about $2118 market rate. That's pretty much what it's worth as a lot, current market value.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:24 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
Value is always in the eye of the beholder. That is how eBay makes a killing. However, there are some brands that hold their value much better that others. Chartbuster is super cheap because of the dumping that continues to go on post-CB demise. Sound Choice is on the rise again. DK is down. Practically all other brands are always super cheap buys pretty much all of the time, particularly in bulk.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:26 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 294 times
He has Gem sets in the inventory also. Although we don't have a lot of data on resale value, I don't think they have been going for pennies. Especially as you aren't likely to have the degradation in quality that you might risk with a used disc.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:26 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Plus he cannot sell the gem to anyone without SC authorization to transfer license first.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:59 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Thanks to everyone's input. NOTE: Everyone of those CDG's I've listed were never used except the ONE TIME that I used them to load my external HD with to build my show library. No Scratches or Smuggest. Only mark on em is my initials and a few of the CB with Inventory Label. Just Saying.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:06 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

johnnybe wrote:
Thanks to everyone's input. NOTE: Everyone of those CDG's I've listed were never used except the ONE TIME that I used them to load my external HD with to build my show library. No Scratches or Smuggest. Only mark on em is my initials and a few of the CB with Inventory Label. Just Saying.
Doesn't really matter, they are still used. Couple bucks more maybe than what was quoted, but probably not a lot more. You'd be better off selling them individually. Figuring out which ones are a little harder to come by, those usually sell a little higher. I've paid up to $35 for a single disc for something that was a little harder to find (not using 8125 as an example). Individual sales you can probably get $10-15 per disc for the higher end and $5-10 for the crappier brands. Big lots like that are harder to command a decent price all at once.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:06 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Well, if no takers within the next 48hrs I'll move it over to EBay..
Thanks for everyone's help.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:39 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 610 times
Lonman wrote:
Plus he cannot sell the gem to anyone without SC authorization to transfer license first.

Kinda. He doesnt have to get their permission to transfer the set, he can transfer them to whoever he pleases for how ever much he pleases. The buyer however, has to agree to the license terms just as someone buying a Subway location has to agree to the franchisee terms.

Regardless, its not a difficult thing. A quick phone call or email.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:47 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

From what I understood the buyer had to be a kj since the GEM wasn't supposed to go to general public. Is that not the case?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:45 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Lonman wrote:
From what I understood the buyer had to be a kj since the GEM wasn't supposed to go to general public. Is that not the case?

Yes, that is the case..from reading the agreement.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:19 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 610 times
Lonman wrote:

Sorry, yes. I figured it was assumed a Pro collection would be sold to/bought by a Pro. I don't see a home user having much interest in a GEM set.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:49 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
Bazza wrote:
Lonman wrote:

Sorry, yes. I figured it was assumed a Pro collection would be sold to/bought by a Pro. I don't see a home user having much interest in a GEM set.
Yes, since most of them have more music than any of us (on an illegal hard drive).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:41 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 172 times
Mind posting the ebay link/links on here.........interesting to see what things are going for, and maybe you'll attract buyers from our site.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:55 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Listing Cancelled - Error in listing price......
That's approx. 780 CDG's from Various MFG. This represents my entire 14000+ song library.

MODS - Please remove link above if this is not allowed here. Don't want to step on anyones toes. :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next