KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Complete Site/Forum Rules Administrative Announcements Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 9:59 am 
webmaster
webmaster

Been Liked: 122 times
It is a shame and a bore but bitter experience elsewhere has shown we need rules.

* The Forums are never to be used to advertise or promote anything or anyone.

* The Forums are for the purpose of exchanging useful information and ideas.

* It is ok to gently tease someone you know when you're are sure they can take it but please - no personal insults or attacks.

* All posts should be suitable for reading by minors.

* Disagreement, debate and even good-natured argument is ok... flaming is not. This includes posts that are "anti" the admins... we can take criticism but we won't put up with personal insults.

* Please don't discuss illegal methods of obtaining programs, tracks, etc.

* Though we will listen to your ideas and are happy to let you disagree with us, this is not a democracy. The buck stops with us admins so we must have the final say.

* Some posts or threads maybe deleted or edited. If you would like to know why, please contact us.

* It is mandatory that you have fun.

==========================
We love good-natured teasing of friends here, but we HATE flaming. This site is a safe haven for all and no one should feel "got at", bullied or insulted.

I hope the following examples give you the idea.

* Screaming in mock horror when an old friend arrives is gentle teasing. Hitting a mate over the head with a dead trout when they are daft is gentle teasing. Pretending to die horribly when a friend "sings" is gentle teasing.

* Making belittling comments about the size of someone’s genitalia is flaming. Making fun of someone’s appearance, their use of English, difficulty with spelling, their sexuality or their race is flaming.

I am very sad to say I have seen ALL of these flames used elsewhere as "a joke."They will NOT be tolerated here.

=================================
Spamming is when you...

* Make a long series of posts that say virtually nothing

* Hijack someone else’s thread to have a gossip session

* Make meaningless posts just to build up your post count

If you do this, the admins may warn you. After that, your posts may start to disappear.

Let's keep it clean, clever, positive, informative and humorous. Let's all have a great time.

Thank you and enjoy!

Karaoke Scene
Online Staff

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:10 am 
webmaster
webmaster

I am certain that most of you have read the above forum rules. If not I would suggest that you do, this way you will understand what is permitted and what is not.

A recent situation has caused me to add something to these rules:

The public posting of personal emails or PMs (Private Messages) in the forums is not permitted.

If you are having problems with another member, please first attempt to resolve the situation privately between that individual and yourself.

If you continue to have troubles and feel that the staff of Karaoke Scene can assist in resolving the situation please contact me via a PM. I will fully discuss the situation with management and the moderators to determine what action we will take, if any.

These forums are for the exchange of information. These forums are viewed by many individuals from around the world of various ages and backgrounds. KS wishes to maintain an atmosphere that is a fun and inviting. Please keep all matters as postive as possible.

If you have any questions regarding any of the rules of the site please feel free to PM me.

Thank you,

Phill Cross
Webmaster
Karaoke Scene

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 12:33 pm 
webmaster
webmaster

You must first register as a member with the Karaoke Forum prior to submitting entries into the various sections or sites that are owned and maintained by Karaoke Scene.

While the administrators and moderators of this site will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every entry. Therefore you acknowledge that all submitted information made, expresses the views and opinions of the submitter and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for entries by these people) and hence will not be held liable.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this site have the right to remove or edit any submission at any time should they see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.

This forum system uses cookies to store information on your local computer. These cookies do not contain any of the information you have entered above; they serve only to improve your viewing pleasure. The e-mail address is used only for confirming your registration details and password (and for sending new passwords should you forget your current one).

Further, it is understood that all submissions are the exclusive property of the submitter; and the submitter hereby grants user rights to Karaoke Scene. Any copyright infringements or licensing violations are the responsibility of the submitter and in no way will Karaoke Scene be held liable for the violations of the submitter.

BASIC RULES:

* [NEW!] It is requred that you have an email address listed in your profile. This is not visible to others if you check the box. (If there isn't an email address listed it causes multiple scripting errors!

* The Forums are never to be used to advertise or promote anything or anyone.

* The Forums are for the purpose of exchanging useful information and ideas.

* It is ok to gently tease someone you know when you're are sure they can take it but please - no personal insults or attacks.

* All posts should be suitable for reading by minors.

* Disagreement, debate and even good-natured argument is ok... flaming is not. This includes posts that are "anti" the admins... we can take criticism but we won't put up with personal insults.

* DO NOT discuss illegal methods of obtaining programs, tracks, etc.

* Though we will listen to your ideas and are happy to let you disagree with us, this is not a democracy. The buck stops with us admins so we must have the final say.

* Some posts or threads maybe deleted or edited. If you would like to know why, please contact us.

* It is mandatory that you have fun.

FLAMING:

We love good-natured teasing of friends here, but we HATE flaming. This site is a safe haven for all and no one should feel "got at", bullied or insulted.

I hope the following examples give you the idea.

* Screaming in mock horror when an old friend arrives is gentle teasing. Hitting a mate over the head with a dead trout when they are daft is gentle teasing. Pretending to die horribly when a friend "sings" is gentle teasing.

* Making belittling comments about the size of someone’s genitalia is flaming. Making fun of someone’s appearance, their use of English, difficulty with spelling, their sexuality or their race is flaming.

I am very sad to say I have seen ALL of these flames used elsewhere as "a joke."They will NOT be tolerated here.

SPAMMING:

* Make a long series of posts that say virtually nothing

* Hijack someone else’s thread to have a gossip session

* Make meaningless posts just to build up your post count

If you do this, the admins may warn you. After that, your posts may start to disappear.

Let's keep it clean, clever, positive, informative and humorous. Let's all have a great time.

The public posting of personal emails or PMs (Private Messages) in the forums is not permitted.

If you are having problems with another member, please first attempt to resolve the situation privately between that individual and yourself.

If you continue to have troubles and feel that the staff of Karaoke Scene can assist in resolving the situation please use the contct us page an dcomplain to management. They will fully discuss the situation with the moderators to determine what action we will take, if any.

These forums are for the exchange of information. These forums are viewed by many individuals from around the world of various ages and backgrounds. KS wishes to maintain an atmosphere that is a fun and inviting. Please keep all matters as postive as possible.

SIGNATURES:

You are permitted to use signatures, these are placed at the bottom of each of your posts in the forums.

Please keep them simple and no advertising!

DO NOT post links to yours (or anyone elses) website.

Images should be kept to a maximum of two and no more than 120 pixels high and 250 pixels wide. We would prefer that you kept them smaller.

You can have avatars, these are small images that are placed to the left of each of your posts in the forums.

Keep these appropriate. The best image is an actual picture of you so people can see who you are.

Animated images are permitted.

Note the maximum size is 120 pixels by 120 pixels and 30,000 bytes.

LINKS:

Posting of links will be permitted in the forums, as long as they meet these standards:

1) Links are a direct, relevant answer to a question.
2) Links are to pertinent information.
3) A link is not to advertise (or appear to advertise) anything.

If it is determined that a link does not meet the above qualifications it may be deleted without an explanation. It is understood that all links appear at the discretion of Karaoke Scene Magazine and its staff.

If a link is removed, it was already decided that it wasn't appropriate and there will not be any further discussion on the matter. Repeat: There is to be NO discussion regarding the removal of the link. If a member wishes to request a reason or explanation they may do so through a PM to me and I will see if I can get an answer. No guarantee is given.

If it is determined that permitting the posting of links gets out of control or is abused, Karaoke Scene may revoke the privilege.

NEGATIVES:

Talking negatively about any site only makes us (this site and it's members) look badly. When people visit this site the last impression that I want them to get is that we tolerate that type of activity.

Please try to keep all comments positive and I feel it would be best if we could refrain from any negativity.

If you have a complaint or grievance about this site. Please contact Karaoke Scene via the 'Contact Us' link. They will attempt to assist you with your problem or the situation as best as possible.

By Registering, you agree to be bound by all the above conditions.

Many thanks to everyone for their continued participation.

Please enjoy the site!

Thank you,

Phill Cross
WebMaster (aka webguru)
Karaoke Scene Online Staff

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]