KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Dave Edmunds-I Knew The Bride Public Forums Karaoke Discussions New Music - Request & Released Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

   
  * Login
  * Register

  * FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks


premium-member

Offsite Links


It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:46 am 
Offline
Senior Poster
Senior Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:27 am
Posts: 107
Location: Kirkcaldy, Scotland
Been Liked: 7 times
Downloaded the karaoke version of:
Dave Edmunds-I Knew The Bride
since, despite my using every trick I could think of in KBS, the on-screen lyrics just couldn't keep up, deteriorating at around the minute mark.
Imagine my disappointment when the KaraokeVersion track was actually worse than my effort. I play through every karaoke song I create with the tempo increased by 10% to assure myself that everything will run smoothly at the normal tempo. Looks like someone forgot to check this one before it went on sale.
According to icroons there is only one company doing this track; KaraokeVersion.
Does anyone know of a better one?
Has anyone else struggled with this song?
Will I just have to play the Youtube version which runs just fine?


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:50 am 
Offline
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:57 pm
Posts: 22689
Songs: 35
Images: 3
Location: Tacoma, WA
Been Liked: 2042 times
Did you try contacting them? They are generally pretty good at fixing the errors.
Also did you try a different format ie WMV, MP4, CDG? Which format is doing this or have you tried them all? I just downloaded the WMV version, plays fine all the way through.

_________________
LIKE Lonman on Facebook - Lonman Productions Karaoke & my main site via my profile!
Image


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:58 am 
Offline
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:28 pm
Posts: 160
Been Liked: 37 times
WHAT program did you use to make it? CDG creator Pro seems to make better swipes on faster songs than KBS.I have also found that using a smaller font and not all caps will help out with a very up-tempo song. I just played the KV version and didn't see much of a problem singing in time with their swipes.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:59 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4683
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 259 times
Is it possible that KV has the swipes correct and you as a singer can't keep up with them? Does your player have tempo control? If so lower the tempo until you can keep up with it. I have to do that to be able to sing Ain't Going Down by Garth Brooks. Way too fast for me in regular tempo.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:57 pm 
Offline
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:28 pm
Posts: 160
Been Liked: 37 times
PUT YOUR VOCAL VERSION ON THE SINGERS SHOWCASE SO WE MIGHT BE ABLE TO DECIPHER WHAT THE PROBLEM IS. ALSO PUT YOUR HOME MADE VERSION ON YOUTUBE SO OTHERS CAN JUDGE IF THE SWIPES ARE THE PROBLEM?


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:06 am 
Offline
Senior Poster
Senior Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:27 am
Posts: 107
Location: Kirkcaldy, Scotland
Been Liked: 7 times
Thanks for your helpful suggestions, guys. I did contact KaraokeVersion but as yet have received no reply.
I took Lonman's advice and downloaded the MP4 version and it's fine.
Just means running it in VLC but that's not a significant problem. What I do regret is the blank screen during the instrumental break. I always put up a banner that swipes in time with the music so the singer knows just when they'll have to resume singing. But, hey, this'll do just fine.
Thanks again, guys. You are a great and knowledgable crowd. :D

P.S. I think I will check out other karaoke creation software. I may be wrong but I've suspected all along that KBS is written in something slow like BASIC. Anyone know for sure?


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:43 am 
Offline
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:28 pm
Posts: 160
Been Liked: 37 times
I only know from using both programs on the same songs on occasion. CDG Creator Pro handles faster songs much better than KBS. I could make it for you with CDG Creator Pro and I think you would see an obvious difference between the two versions. You can check out a vocal version of it on you tube. (link deleted) This is an AVI conversion of the original CD+G version.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:41 am 
Offline
Senior Poster
Senior Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:27 am
Posts: 107
Location: Kirkcaldy, Scotland
Been Liked: 7 times
I went back and set the fastest lyrics to Word by Word wiping; something I'm always reluctant to use. Another thing that caused the traffic jam is the way I use the start of wiping a line as a signal to the singer to start singing the next line. That does delay the wiping action considerably. Fortunately I was able to retain that. I also reduced the font size by a couple of points, reluctantly.

I downloaded the trial version of Karaoke CDG Creator and immediately disliked it's cluttered look. And because it doesn't allow you to evaluate the success or otherwise of text wiping/refreshing, It was of no use to me in this situation. Maybe if they changed the Trial version restriction to, say, ten uses or removing the save function it could have helped me. But one thing I latched onto in Karaoke CDG Creator was the advice to use Constant bitrate rather than Variable setting on the MP3 file. That may have contributed...I don't know.

Oh, and the MP4 version from KaraokeVersion looks great. Problem with using this, though, is dragging windows around the desktop to expose VLC player. Also I don't know if you can change keys on an MP4, never looked into it, but I suspect that would be more hassle.

So, a satisfactory result. Thanks, once more, for all your comments and suggestions.
I'm off now to do a new version of My Way. Only kidding. :wink:


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:46 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4683
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 259 times
bwriter wrote:
I went back and set the fastest lyrics to Word by Word wiping; something I'm always reluctant to use. Another thing that caused the traffic jam is the way I use the start of wiping a line as a signal to the singer to start singing the next line. That does delay the wiping action considerably. Fortunately I was able to retain that. I also reduced the font size by a couple of points, reluctantly.

I downloaded the trial version of Karaoke CDG Creator and immediately disliked it's cluttered look. And because it doesn't allow you to evaluate the success or otherwise of text wiping/refreshing, It was of no use to me in this situation. Maybe if they changed the Trial version restriction to, say, ten uses or removing the save function it could have helped me. But one thing I latched onto in Karaoke CDG Creator was the advice to use Constant bitrate rather than Variable setting on the MP3 file. That may have contributed...I don't know.

Oh, and the MP4 version from KaraokeVersion looks great. Problem with using this, though, is dragging windows around the desktop to expose VLC player. Also I don't know if you can change keys on an MP4, never looked into it, but I suspect that would be more hassle.

So, a satisfactory result. Thanks, once more, for all your comments and suggestions.
I'm off now to do a new version of My Way. Only kidding. :wink:

What are you normally using for playing. Most software's today will play mp4. Even Winamp if you download the newest version. It works with the plugins.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:53 am 
Offline
Senior Poster
Senior Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:27 am
Posts: 107
Location: Kirkcaldy, Scotland
Been Liked: 7 times
Since my karaoke tracks are only ever used in family get-togethers and on holiday if the KJ will use my data stick, I use only Karafun Player. And it's version 1:20:86 which is old. But I dislike the newer versions that introduced fancy bells and whistles that I don't need.
I tried the MP4 in that and it just sat and glared at me.
Maybe the newer versions would play MP4?


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:05 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4683
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 259 times
bwriter wrote:
Since my karaoke tracks are only ever used in family get-togethers and on holiday if the KJ will use my data stick, I use only Karafun Player. And it's version 1:20:86 which is old. But I dislike the newer versions that introduced fancy bells and whistles that I don't need.
I tried the MP4 in that and it just sat and glared at me.
Maybe the newer versions would play MP4?

Friend had issues with the new one and mp4 but I am willing to bet that he didn't have the right codec pack loaded on his computer. I have found that the k-lite mega pack seems to work the best.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:09 am 
Offline
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:28 pm
Posts: 160
Been Liked: 37 times
I HAD USED KBS FOR YEARS AND WAS VERY COMFORTABLE WITH IT AND WAS VERY RESISTANT TO TRYING THE NEWER CDG CREATOR SOFTWARE. I'm now quite proficient in using both and I think the problem you are experienced would be greatly reduced by getting familiar with CDG Creator. They deleted the link that I had offered for you to check out my version of the song on youtube but if you search youtube; you should be able to find it.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:54 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4683
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 259 times
KJKILLER wrote:
I HAD USED KBS FOR YEARS AND WAS VERY COMFORTABLE WITH IT AND WAS VERY RESISTANT TO TRYING THE NEWER CDG CREATOR SOFTWARE. I'm now quite proficient in using both and I think the problem you are experienced would be greatly reduced by getting familiar with CDG Creator. They deleted the link that I had offered for you to check out my version of the song on youtube but if you search youtube; you should be able to find it.

Gee, I wonder why you can't keep your songs up on you tube while I have three that have been there for a couple of months. All created using Karaoke Home Producer.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:10 pm 
Offline
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:28 pm
Posts: 160
Been Liked: 37 times
many of my karaoke songs are still on you tube including the one I made just the other day for someone here. The only thing deleted are the links that I post here. What karaoke tracks of yours are on youtube? I'd love to check them out. Some of mine even have my vocals because I'm not afraid to have people hear what I sound like when I sing. I sound like me. I don't say I sound like any famous singer like Steve Perry like some people do. If you do a search on youtube for "NJBOBSTER" YOU WILL FIND DOZENS OF MY KARAOKE TRACKS, including "I KNEW THE BRIDE" by Dave Edmunds. nothing of mine has ever been deleted from youtube and some of the stuff has been there for YEARS. THIS PARTICULAR FORUM DOESN'T APPROVE OF YOUTUBE LINKS TO KARAOKE SONGS SO THEY GET DELETED, BUT ONLY HERE ON THE FORUM. None of my youtube stuff is for sale. I'm not cutting into anyones profits. I do it to help others and for my own enjoyment. I've made karaoke tracks for friends and total strangers who have asked me to do so. It's not like I post links to my songs here on a regular basis. Someone was having issues with a particular song so I wanted to show him the difference between the outcomes of different software. It wasn't going to cost KV a sale because the person had already bought and downloaded the track from them.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:07 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4683
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 259 times
KJKILLER wrote:
many of my karaoke songs are still on you tube including the one I made just the other day for someone here. The only thing deleted are the links that I post here. What karaoke tracks of yours are on youtube? I'd love to check them out. Some of mine even have my vocals because I'm not afraid to have people hear what I sound like when I sing. I sound like me. I don't say I sound like any famous singer like Steve Perry like some people do. If you do a search on youtube for "NJBOBSTER" YOU WILL FIND DOZENS OF MY KARAOKE TRACKS, including "I KNEW THE BRIDE" by Dave Edmunds. nothing of mine has ever been deleted from youtube and some of the stuff has been there for YEARS. THIS PARTICULAR FORUM DOESN'T APPROVE OF YOUTUBE LINKS TO KARAOKE SONGS SO THEY GET DELETED, BUT ONLY HERE ON THE FORUM. None of my youtube stuff is for sale. I'm not cutting into anyones profits. I do it to help others and for my own enjoyment. I've made karaoke tracks for friends and total strangers who have asked me to do so. It's not like I post links to my songs here on a regular basis. Someone was having issues with a particular song so I wanted to show him the difference between the outcomes of different software. It wasn't going to cost KV a sale because the person had already bought and downloaded the track from them.

I have never said that my voice sounded like Steve Perry's. Period.
Oh apparently you found one of them because you commented on one. I took the lyrics straight off a lyric site and forgot to proofread them before creating the song. Wish I had though.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:28 pm 
Offline
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:28 pm
Posts: 160
Been Liked: 37 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
KJKILLER wrote:
I HAD USED KBS FOR YEARS AND WAS VERY COMFORTABLE WITH IT AND WAS VERY RESISTANT TO TRYING THE NEWER CDG CREATOR SOFTWARE. I'm now quite proficient in using both and I think the problem you are experienced would be greatly reduced by getting familiar with CDG Creator. They deleted the link that I had offered for you to check out my version of the song on youtube but if you search youtube; you should be able to find it.

Gee, I wonder why you can't keep your songs up on you tube while I have three that have been there for a couple of months. All created using Karaoke Home Producer.


I checked out one your karaoke tracks and found an OBVIOUS mistake on the SECOND line of the song. LOL Now you want to blame it on the fact that you just copied and pasted the lyrics from a web site. I don't know about you but I check and double check my lyrics before I finalize a karaoke track. You used a word that isn't even a word and you spent time making a karaoke track without ever noticing it. Blame the web site is your answer to not knowing that a word isn't really a word. Sound Choice should hire you to make all of their new stuff....since barely no one is buying them anyway.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:06 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4683
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 259 times
KJKILLER wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:
KJKILLER wrote:
I HAD USED KBS FOR YEARS AND WAS VERY COMFORTABLE WITH IT AND WAS VERY RESISTANT TO TRYING THE NEWER CDG CREATOR SOFTWARE. I'm now quite proficient in using both and I think the problem you are experienced would be greatly reduced by getting familiar with CDG Creator. They deleted the link that I had offered for you to check out my version of the song on youtube but if you search youtube; you should be able to find it.

Gee, I wonder why you can't keep your songs up on you tube while I have three that have been there for a couple of months. All created using Karaoke Home Producer.


I checked out one your karaoke tracks and found an OBVIOUS mistake on the SECOND line of the song. LOL Now you want to blame it on the fact that you just copied and pasted the lyrics from a web site. I don't know about you but I check and double check my lyrics before I finalize a karaoke track. You used a word that isn't even a word and you spent time making a karaoke track without ever noticing it. Blame the web site is your answer to not knowing that a word isn't really a word. Sound Choice should hire you to make all of their new stuff....since barely no one is buying them anyway.

Actually I thank you for pointing it out. Normally I check as well because sometimes the lyrics are actually incomplete as well. I don't know why that got by me. I am in the process of fixing it. Really not an issue as it was one of my personal creations for me but still for someone who has griped over Sound Choice's inability on what five or six attempts on Faithfully to get it right, you might think that I would have exerted better quality control on my creations. That one was a fluke. The majority of my creations have almost perfect lyrics. I got sloppy on this one. But think about it just about every brand has their lyric abhoritions.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:12 pm 
Offline
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:57 pm
Posts: 22689
Songs: 35
Images: 3
Location: Tacoma, WA
Been Liked: 2042 times
bwriter wrote:
Since my karaoke tracks are only ever used in family get-togethers and on holiday if the KJ will use my data stick, I use only Karafun Player. And it's version 1:20:86 which is old. But I dislike the newer versions that introduced fancy bells and whistles that I don't need.
I tried the MP4 in that and it just sat and glared at me.
Maybe the newer versions would play MP4?
If you have the Karafun player, re-download the track from Karaoke Version in the KFN format - that is Karafun and should play with no problems.

_________________
LIKE Lonman on Facebook - Lonman Productions Karaoke & my main site via my profile!
Image


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 34 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Privacy Policy | Anti-Spam Policy | Acceptable Use Policy Copyright © Karaoke Scene Magazine
design & hosting by Cross Web Tech