KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Hamilton...Karaoke Version Public Forums Karaoke Discussions New Music - Request & Released Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:24 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
Karaoke Croaker wrote:
Nobody has sung any songs from Hamilton at my shows. Oh that's right. I haven't bought any of them because none of my singers have asked me to get them.
Where is your show, so I can travel out to it and ask to sing something from "Hamilton"?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:19 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
cueball wrote:
Karaoke Croaker wrote:
Nobody has sung any songs from Hamilton at my shows. Oh that's right. I haven't bought any of them because none of my singers have asked me to get them.
Where is your show, so I can travel out to it and ask to sing something from "Hamilton"?

Cue, I haven't had any requests for songs from "Hamilton" either, and you haven't shown any interest in coming to one of my shows :cry: It's because I voted for Trump is it!!! :D

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:05 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
mrmarog wrote:
cueball wrote:
Karaoke Croaker wrote:

Cue, I haven't had any requests for songs from "Hamilton" either, and you haven't shown any interest in coming to one of my shows :cry: It's because I voted for Trump is it!!! :D

Now, now. Let bygones be bygones. :wink: mrmarog and his beautiful wife came to my show last year knowing that I'm a democrat and will vote for Hillary at the time. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:14 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

mrmarog wrote:

Actually, I don't know any of the songs from "Hamilton." I haven't seen the show (and I am right here in NY... Broadway is a 30 minute train ride for me). But, I'm guessing that songs from "Hamilton" also run over 6 minutes.

If I do come down to Florida, how far are you from "Harryoke" (he has shows in Flagler Beach and near Palm Coast)?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:22 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 108 times
So now I'm supposed to buy a song that will get sung once? No thanks. bad business move. I already have plenty of songs. If you can't find something in the book ; you can bring your own original disc and I'll play it for you.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:34 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
Karaoke Croaker wrote:
So now I'm supposed to buy a song that will get sung once? No thanks. bad business move. I already have plenty of songs. If you can't find something in the book ; you can bring your own original disc and I'll play it for you.

so since Hamilton tracks are only from Karaoke Version and not on an original disc, he could not sing it anyway.

never seen the show myself, but since i both the tracks out from the show, they get done at least once a week.
not really my style, but they are kinda fun songs.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:56 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

cueball wrote:
mrmarog wrote:

Actually, I don't know any of the songs from "Hamilton." I haven't seen the show (and I am right here in NY... Broadway is a 30 minute train ride for me). But, I'm guessing that songs from "Hamilton" also run over 6 minutes.

If I do come down to Florida, how far are you from "Harryoke" (he has shows in Flagler Beach and near Palm Coast)?

Cue, I am in Sarasota which is completely across the state and just 60 miles south of Tampa.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:38 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Karaoke Croaker wrote:

I would NEVER expect a KJ from another state to purchase a specific song for me just because I was visiting their show while on vacation (probably a one-time visit). I have no problem with doing what you just said. I bring my own personal compilations (burns from my originals) on disc and thumb drive with me all the time. Some KJs can play my discs, some can play it from my thumb drive, and some can't play from disc or my thumb drive (due to either not knowing how to open the files or just outright refusing to do so).

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:11 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

So you would go out of your way just to sing a song at one of my shows just to annoy my crowd who would not enjoy it? My crowd likes the classics. They would rather hear you sing "My Way" but you would rather get under their skin singing some ridiculous show tune that none of them would be familiar with. I have to guess that your only motivation for doing this is to prove something about me saying that Show Tunes don't get sung at my shows hardly ever? Please do me and my crowd a favor and go visit someone elses show where they will appreciate your song choices. I'm sure that Gemini40 would love to make your acquaintance. Head west young man.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:58 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Karaoke Croaker wrote:
So you would go out of your way just to sing a song at one of my shows just to annoy my crowd who would not enjoy it? My crowd likes the classics. They would rather hear you sing "My Way" but you would rather get under their skin singing some ridiculous show tune that none of them would be familiar with. I have to guess that your only motivation for doing this is to prove something about me saying that Show Tunes don't get sung at my shows hardly ever? Please do me and my crowd a favor and go visit someone elses show where they will appreciate your song choices. I'm sure that Gemini40 would love to make your acquaintance. Head west young man.

Your comment (above) was TOTALLY UNCALLED FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Learn the difference between tongue-in-cheek humor, and just being outright insulting!!!

cueball wrote:
Karaoke Croaker wrote:

That was a tongue-in-cheek comment, meant to solicit a few smiles from everyone.

cueball wrote:
mrmarog wrote:

Actually, I don't know any of the songs from "Hamilton." I haven't seen the show (and I am right here in NY... Broadway is a 30 minute train ride for me).
To further the point that I was making a joke, notice how I mentioned I don't even know any of the songs from "Hamilton." Although, I probably could "WOW!" YOUR Crowd if I were to sing something from "Phantom of the Opera" IF, that is, I were ever to decide to attend one of your shows.

@ Karaoke Croaker:
NOT GONNA EVER CONSIDER GOING TO ONE OF YOUR SHOWS AFTER THAT COMMENT FROM YOU!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:24 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

cueball wrote:
cueball wrote:
mrmarog wrote:

Actually, I don't know any of the songs from "Hamilton." I haven't seen the show (and I am right here in NY... Broadway is a 30 minute train ride for me).
To further the point that I was making a joke, notice how I mentioned I don't even know any of the songs from "Hamilton." Although, I probably could "WOW!" YOUR Crowd if I were to sing something from "Phantom of the Opera" IF, that is, I were ever to decide to attend one of your shows.
Cue, I'm not sure if this was directed at me, but I was trying to be silly with my comments. BTW I have been to several broadway shows including Cats, Phantom, Annie Get Your Gun, etc., and stayed at the Marriott Marquis.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:47 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

mrmarog wrote:
Cue, I'm not sure if this was directed at me, but I was trying to be silly with my comments. BTW I have been to several broadway shows including Cats, Phantom, Annie Get Your Gun, etc., and stayed at the Marriott Marquis.

No... it was not directed at you. It was directed at "Karaoke Croaker." I only quoted from you just to show you knew I was joking as well (as evidenced by your little joke in there too). I'm sorry if you thought otherwise.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:25 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Make like a phantom and disappear. Your humor escapes me. Don't quit your day job.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:28 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 259 times
cueball wrote:
mrmarog wrote:

No... it was not directed at you. It was directed at "Karaoke Croaker." I only quoted from you just to show you knew I was joking as well (as evidenced by your little joke in there too). I'm sorry if you thought otherwise.

... And this is EXACTLY why conducting foreign policy 140 characters at a time is so dangerous.
Nuances in written language are easily misread or missed entirely.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:41 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 64 times
getting off track...this forum is for talking about HAMILTON..the musical...not everything else...when someone creates a pages I think it very disrespectful to go on blabbling about everything under the sun..other then the subject matter for which it was created...all I'm asking is respect the topic for which you posting in...this is about HAMILTON ...THE MUSICAL!!!!

Attachments:
logo.jpg
logo.jpg [ 389.45 KiB | Viewed 35221 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:28 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
Had requests for "Wait For It" and "Alexander Hamilton" in the past few days.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:37 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 204 times
That cuts it!!

I'm learning the title track and singing it tonight.

There's nothing I like more than dumbfounding a crowd.

"Alexander Hamilton" should do the trick.

:twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:39 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
Had 'Hamilton', Joe Frank & Reynolds sung last night, does that count lol?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:56 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 64 times
Karaoke Version has now released...Helpless...from the musical HAMILTON...with Yorktown and other on the way!!!!

HAMILTON....16 NOMINATIONS....11 AWARDS INCLUDING BEST MUSICAL

**AS A SIDE NOTE... ALOT OF THE SELECTIONS I PUT IN MY BOOK ARE MORE OF THE NEWER..STUFF..ALOT UNREQUESTED BUT ONCE ITS THERE I HAVE HAD ALOT OF PEOPLE SING THEM..THIS INCLUDED HAMILTON.

QUESTION ...I WONDER HOW MANY KJS ON HERE HAVE LISTENED TO THE MUSICAL...HAMILTON????

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:14 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
Woo Hoo! Now just have to wait til I get a request for it.

No never heard it or of it for that matter, but don't keep up on musicals.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next