KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Karaoke.net Song Requests discussion!!! Public Forums Karaoke Discussions New Music - Request & Released Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:41 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 108 times
Karaoke has always been ruled, for the most part, by supply and demand. That is the reason why there are only 5 Tesla songs out there for karaoke. Those 5 songs probably never sold well so no more were made. It's that simple. Now, the people who like Tesla may not want to hear it but many more people want to sing songs by Elvis Presley or Frank Sinatra when they go out to karaoke. There may be certain karaoke venues that cater to a more diverse musical audience where Rock music is more prevalent than Country music or easy listening music but they are few and far between. The reason that there is a term called ballad hell is because that is what most people want to sing. Ballads are just easier to sing and people are just more familiar with songs that get a lot of radio play, whether they are new songs or older songs. Karaoke's POPULARITY WAS BUILT ON THE BACK OF PEOPLE'S FAVORITE SONGS THAT WERE POPULAR TO THE MASSES. Look at the available titles that were on the first Pioneer Laser discs for karaoke. That is the kind of music that most people wanted to sing then and that is the kind of music that most people still prefer to sing. It's much more difficult in today's world to sell a large amount of karaoke discs, regardless of the titles on the disc. To think that a TESLA disc would buck that trend is just insane. They would probably sell a very small amount of discs or downloads and the track would wind up on a sharing site in a week or less and that would be that. There just isn't any profit in it any more.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:53 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
Please no discussions in the actual request thread - split off and moved here.
It's all area and singers desires and how you market to gain the crowd you want. I get a hell of a lot more Tesla, Dokken, Queensryche type stuff than the occasional Elvis and Sinatra type stuff which is thankfully a rarity anymore (no it wasn't always that way). I started buying more newer rock and pop over the years over the stereotypical karaoke standards & it's paid off where I get a more rock/pop/newer country crowd over those that want Elvis & Sinatra. I still welcome everything and will buy anything someone asks for provided it is/was available, but our shows typically bring in the 21-40 yo crowds that sing more high energy songs, and our 'ballad hell' generally consist of hair metal ballads from the 80's to todays Adele type stuff.

Also that is why it is called a 'request your songs' thread - so people can request their songs & others will either 2nd, 3rd, etc it or move on. The ones that show interest are the ones that will be made. So don't poo poo a band or genre just because you do not think it will be worth it for the company to make - THEY will determine that on the kind of feedback they get in the request threads, and probably have their own database that they have a count for each and every song requested and will go on the ones that have the most requests first. Who knows, maybe Tesla will fall into that category, Judas Priest probably isn't a 'huge' karaoke staple in most communities either, but they just put out Some Heads Are Gonna Roll by the requests based on almost this forum alone. I know I have it and it's been sung several times in the last couple months!

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:37 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
I have a woman comes to my shows, sings Tesla all the time!! Kicks serious (@$%&#!) at it, too.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:36 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

no problem. I guess I should have just requested 100 different songs to just bloat the ballot box with obscure songs that only appeal to me? I never said that TESLA was bad music. I just gave an opinion as to why there were only a handful of their songs available. I guess thE only acceptable post in the request thread is, "YES SIR. I AGREE WITH YOU COMPLETELY".

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:06 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Yep if you have 100 obscure request put them in. Title - Artist format. Maybe others will agree and also vote on some of them. Who knows some of those obscure songs that would only appeal you may also appeal to more. Whats the worst that can happen in asking for something to be made? Uhhhh somebody actually making it?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:15 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
problem is "If you sing it, they will come"

They should ban and remove all/most of the Eminem songs. I swear people who sing those songs because they think they are popular should actually read the "Lyrics"

I can tolerate a Tesla song but Eminem... Those songs need to Die or fade away somehow.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:23 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
karaokeniagarafalls wrote:
problem is "If you sing it, they will come"

They should ban and remove all/most of the Eminem songs. I swear people who sing those songs because they think they are popular should actually read the "Lyrics"

I can tolerate a Tesla song but Eminem... Those songs need to Die or fade away somehow.
Finally we agree!! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:13 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

I don't get why you don't like Eminem. A friend of mine does Rap God like a pro. He doesn't miss a single word. I even sped it all the way up, one night, and he STILL got every word.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:58 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 73 times
Sorry: I am a literalist, so I had to reply...

Speeding it up "all the way" is limited by the constraints of your system, but I am pretty sure there is no such thing as "all the way", since speed is an infinite thing, which means we can conclude that there is a more challenging situation out there for him somewhere...lol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:03 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Smoothedge69 wrote:
I don't get why you don't like Eminem. A friend of mine does Rap God like a pro. He doesn't miss a single word. I even sped it all the way up, one night, and he STILL got every word.

Why would you want to speed up the song? Were you trying to sabotage the guy's performance?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:28 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Karaoke Croaker wrote:
Smoothedge69 wrote:

Why would you want to speed up the song? Were you trying to sabotage the guy's performance?
I know one host here that used to speed up every song by 10-15% (can't remember which) to get more singers performing in a night. He stated 99% of the time, no one noticed and he did it for years.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:14 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Lonman wrote:
Karaoke Croaker wrote:
Smoothedge69 wrote:

I know one host here that used to speed up every song by 10-15% (can't remember which) to get more singers performing in a night. He stated 99% of the time, no one noticed and he did it for years.

and do the bartenders out there keep ten percent of your change too if they think they can get away with it?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:59 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
Lonman wrote:
AutoKDj (Toger's creation) had an option for speeding up every song automatically.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:30 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I would prefer to sing the songs I choose at the proper speed. The worst would be a KJ that does that to people but still keeps himself in the rotation and his songs are sung at normal speed.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:58 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Karaoke Croaker wrote:
Smoothedge69 wrote:

It was a challenge. He is a friend of mine, and he was challenged to do the song at top speed. I do not go around speeding up songs for the Hell of it. I will actually offer to slow down the music if a singer is having trouble keeping up, or of they ask.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:22 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Karaoke Croaker wrote:
and do the bartenders out there keep ten percent of your change too if they think they can get away with it?
No clue. But it was a highly successful show so must've not been much complaints. He didn't sing in rotation either. Either way it's nothing I would do. There was a pretty long thread about it here at one time (quite a few years ago). Some for it, some against it.
I actually found the thread, it was closer to 3-7% depending on the song.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:24 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Ok, so, that front page of New Stuff hasn't changed for almost a month. What is the deal?? With the possibility of completely losing the UK mfrs, we NEED an American supplier. Not trying to be pushy, but Michael and crew at KFS, PLEASE, let's step up production and get that collection built up.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:23 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 268 times
Smoothedge69 wrote:
Ok, so, that front page of New Stuff hasn't changed for almost a month. What is the deal?? With the possibility of completely losing the UK mfrs, we NEED an American supplier. Not trying to be pushy, but Michael and crew at KFS, PLEASE, let's step up production and get that collection built up.

I have to agree, a month and a bit to fix this problem is unacceptable. The production will go at the pace that their licensing allows, there's not a heck of a lot they can do about that, but they CAN post updates of the new music they do put up which they have here, but it would be more useful if it was on the site as well

-James

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:21 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 197 times
Our front page latest songs list now is sorted by the actual song file created date, instead of the date when metadata was inserted into the database. This should address your complaints. Hundreds of songs added and more in the que to be processed.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:53 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 64 times
Karaoke.net...for some reason I cant find it...maybe im to tired...lol Can someone post their link...thank you