KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Karaoke.net Song Requests - ALL GENRES WELCOME!!! Public Forums Karaoke Discussions New Music - Request & Released Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 547 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 28  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:40 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
I - Black Sabbath
Computer Gods - Black Sabbath

Basically ANYTHING from the Dehumanizer CD. Some of Dio's best work!!

The Devil Cried - Black Sabbath

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:48 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

KSFGROUP wrote:
Just thought I would share a sample of the first "On Request" Rock tracks that have come out of the studio... Hope you enjoy!

https://www.facebook.com/karaokenetonline?fref=ts

Michael

Nice work. Only problem, it's "IF the man with the power can't keep it under control, some heads are gonna roll" You have He's the man with the power.

I can't wait to start buying, Michael, I just can't wait. The drums sound fine. Sunfly is famous for canned drums, yours sound 100 times better.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:18 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
for the record Michael, i was thinking the same as Lon, Some heads are gonna roll. i can see the conversion low quality issue. either way, you damn right i'm buying!

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:24 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 427 times
I think the samples sound great. I'm following your FB page and will definitely be a customer.

Some things to remember..

Samples are a requirement
Receipts\history are a requirement

for my business..

Being able to select the format, at will, is a huge plus.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:45 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 197 times
MrBoo wrote:
I think the samples sound great. I'm following your FB page and will definitely be a customer.

Some things to remember..

Samples are a requirement
Receipts\history are a requirement

for my business..

Being able to select the format, at will, is a huge plus.

I realize that you probably have never seen the Customburn site as it is blocked in USA. But all songs have a 30 sec sample. All download links are stored in your account history and detailed receipts are provided for both of our records.

Formats will Mp3+G and Custom disc.

Last edited by SINGA USA on Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:57 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Hey Lon, I put up a sample of a track I know you are after...no need to have it on any request list....Shai - If I Ever Fall In Love" - sample is up on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/karaokenetonline

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2015-10-08 at 19.46.59.png
Screen Shot 2015-10-08 at 19.46.59.png [ 405.61 KiB | Viewed 35426 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:32 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 268 times
So here is a question for KSF

If a person had a song request that was possible to produce, but not economically feasable *in other words, there probably wouldn't be enough people who'd want it to justify the costs of studio time and musicians etc* would you be willing to consider producing it if a person was willing to pay for the studio costs?

i wish i was in a position to do this, but i would still like to know for my own curiousity.

thanks

-James

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:39 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

KSFGROUP wrote:

I realize that you probably have never seen the Customburn site as it is blocked in USA. But all songs have a 30 sec sample. All download links are stored in your account history and detailed receipts are provided for both of our records.

Formats will Mp3+G and Custom disc.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:42 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 268 times
KSFGROUP wrote:
Hey Lon, I put up a sample of a track I know you are after...no need to have it on any request list....Shai - If I Ever Fall In Love" - sample is up on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/karaokenetonline

Ok i've never heard that song before, but i just had to say that is FREAKiN awesome. The background vocals are right there without being intrusive.. Gave me chills listening to it.

good job.

-James

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:49 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Quote:
Nice work. Only problem, it's "IF the man with the power can't keep it under control, some heads are gonna roll" You have He's the man with the power.

Fixed.... :P

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:51 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Quote:
If a person had a song request that was possible to produce, but not economically feasable *in other words, there probably wouldn't be enough people who'd want it to justify the costs of studio time and musicians etc* would you be willing to consider producing it if a person was willing to pay for the studio costs?

Absolutely.... - we would probably split the cost or something.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:38 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Silly question: Now that you guys are part of Party Tyme, what is your position on me ripping my PT discs??

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:50 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Ripping CDG to MP3G files on your computer is not an authorized right that is granted to us in our CDG licenses from the publishers. It is the biggest source of confusion in the market today in my opinion. We don't have the right so we can't give it to you. Neither can anyone else. Other companies will sell you a "license" which you pay for the rights to use their trademark only. Their premise is that because publishers have until now, not pursued operators who are infringing by ripping the discs, that it won't happen. My view is that this only makes an infringer out of the license holder.

This is why we are offering digital downloads. They are legal and licensed for both home and professional use. We understand that disc owners will chafe at having to purchase downloads for tracks they may own on CDG, but we are governed by the rules and won't be seen as encouraging what is technically infringement.

People will act according to the level of risk they perceive and I trust you will do the same. I don't like getting into the morass of legal arguments that seem to be popular on some of these threads. So I defer any argument/points of view on the subject to the legal minds that participate on the forums.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:06 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

KSFGROUP wrote:
Ripping CDG to MP3G files on your computer is not an authorized right that is granted to us in our CDG licenses from the publishers. It is the biggest source of confusion in the market today in my opinion. We don't have the right so we can't give it to you. Neither can anyone else. Other companies will sell you a "license" which you pay for the rights to use their trademark only. Their premise is that because publishers have until now, not pursued operators who are infringing by ripping the discs, that it won't happen. My view is that this only makes an infringer out of the license holder.

This is why we are offering digital downloads. They are legal and licensed for both home and professional use. We understand that disc owners will chafe at having to purchase downloads for tracks they may own on CDG, but we are governed by the rules and won't be seen as encouraging what is technically infringement.

People will act according to the level of risk they perceive and I trust you will do the same. I don't like getting into the morass of legal arguments that seem to be popular on some of these threads. So I defer any argument/points of view on the subject to the legal minds that participate on the forums.

Thanks, Michael. I have ripped the few PT discs that I have. I have no problem admitting that. I only have a few, because they are hard to find at our local Walmart. But even the older discs, I find are pretty good. Can't wait to collect your songs, though!! I love the download scheme. That goes right along with my customer based collection. I only have around 5000 songs, around 1,500 of those are downloads from the UK, and about 170 from Karaoke version. 6, I have bought from DTE. I expect YOU will become my go to, as you make more songs available.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:46 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Quote:
Thanks, Michael. I have ripped the few PT discs that I have. I have no problem admitting that. I only have a few, because they are hard to find at our local Walmart. But even the older discs, I find are pretty good. Can't wait to collect your songs, though!! I love the download scheme. That goes right along with my customer based collection. I only have around 5000 songs, around 1,500 of those are downloads from the UK, and about 170 from Karaoke version. 6, I have bought from DTE. I expect YOU will become my go to, as you make more songs available.

Thanks for that.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:39 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

If you can get licensing from Led Zeppelin, I would LOVE to see:

Nobody's Fault But Mine
We're Gonna Groove
You Shook Me
In My Time Of Dying (I don't care about how long it is, Kids)
I'm Gonna Crawl
I Can't Quit You (The version from Coda)
Poor Tom
Achilles Last Stand
In The Evening
The Lemon Song
Bron-yr-aur Stomp
Boogie With Stu
Ten Years Gone
Tea For One

From Robert Plant:
Moonlight in Samosa
Slow Dancer
Like I've Never Been Gone
Other Arms
In The Mood
Big Log
Little By Little
Heaven Knows
Tall Cool One (Yeah I know SC made it, but it was terrible)
Ship Of Fools
Hurtin' Kind
Big Love
I Cried
29 Palms
Angel Dance

Coverdale/Page
Shake My Tree
Take Me For A Little While
Easy Does It
Over Now
Take A Look At Yourself
Don't Leave Me This Way
Absolution Blues

And from The Firm:
Radioactive
Midnight Moonlight. (Long Song, but it's one of the best ever!! And you can cut off two minutes of Paul Rogers saying the same thing over and over. )

I know it's a lot, but Hell. if you can get Zeppelin on board, There is potential for TONS of songs.

Not sure if I have requested these, but:
From Zebra:
Tell Me What You Want
Take Your Fingers From My Hair
Who's Behind The Door

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:40 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
KSFGROUP wrote:

This makes it sounds like using a purchased digital download from a PC is more compliant than using a track on a PC that was ripped from disc.

I made this argument a couple years back and it was pew pew'd.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:57 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
I think there was some confusion with that question Michael.
Most of us know that you cannot grant permission to rip tracks from a disc, and we realize that you would prefer that we all purchase the tracks again as downloadables. I get it.

But the question I have is even though the publisher's "could" sue a user, is your company going to force a secondary purchase by legal means?

It's not just "inconvenient" to repurchase what we already have, but it invalidates completely the purchase of discs if a KJ doesn't use a player. Or, perhaps you would be open to a trade-in allowance?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:31 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

c. staley wrote:
I think there was some confusion with that question Michael.
Most of us know that you cannot grant permission to rip tracks from a disc, and we realize that you would prefer that we all purchase the tracks again as downloadables. I get it.

But the question I have is even though the publisher's "could" sue a user, is your company going to force a secondary purchase by legal means?

It's not just "inconvenient" to repurchase what we already have, but it invalidates completely the purchase of discs if a KJ doesn't use a player. Or, perhaps you would be open to a trade-in allowance?

If you are asking if we are going to go the same litigious route of your favorite trademark owner / karaoke company - the answer is no. Our goal is to make the downloads for personal and professional use, the choice by which KJ's use our content. There are only 1300 songs out of 22,500 available on disc, so all of the new material and requested tracks will come from our site. We are hoping that that our customer service, production quality, speed to market and offering of licensed tracks at a fair price will warrant the support of the KJ community.

Piracy is a fact of life. Nobody is going to stop it. Our business model is not restricted to sales to the KJ market. We sell our content across many platforms worldwide and that provides us a buffer against such loss of business. The KJ market provides a great platform for all of our home users to sing the songs that they have bought and sung at home. We are expanding our brand and want the KJ community to feel appreciated and happy to support us. So read between the lines and take it for what it's worth. We are in the business of making great music for everyone and that is our focus.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:36 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

KSFGROUP wrote:
If you are asking if we are going to go the same litigious route of your favorite trademark owner / karaoke company - the answer is no. Our goal is to make the downloads for personal and professional use, the choice by which KJ's use our content. There are only 1300 songs out of 22,500 available on disc, so all of the new material and requested tracks will come from our site. We are hoping that that our customer service, production quality, speed to market and offering of licensed tracks at a fair price will warrant the support of the KJ community.

Piracy is a fact of life. Nobody is going to stop it. Our business model is not restricted to sales to the KJ market. We sell our content across many platforms worldwide and that provides us a buffer against such loss of business. The KJ market provides a great platform for all of our home users to sing the songs that they have bought and sung at home. We are expanding our brand and want the KJ community to feel appreciated and happy to support us. So read between the lines and take it for what it's worth. We are in the business of making great music for everyone and that is our focus.

You need to shut up and right now. You are making way too much sense for a Karaoke Producer on this site.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 547 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 28  Next