KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - PHM Releases new "Roll Your Own Karaoke" product Public Forums Karaoke Discussions New Music - Request & Released Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:04 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 242 times
PHM is introducing a new product for January 2014 called “Roll Your Own Karaoke”, which as its name implies, is a product that enables KJs and enthusiasts alike to easily and quickly render their own karaoke versions of any popular song.

When used in conjunction with “Beethoven” auto-wiping .cdg creation tool, that is fun and easy to use, end users can finally render their own custom karaoke songs with full OSL (On Screen Lyrics) without the hassle of having to use a full-fledged CD+G authoring tool. Beethoven’s built in intelligent auto-wiping and lyrics assist functions takes all of the work out of creating an amazingly professional looking karaoke experience with full OSL, by automatically wiping the lyric text that the end user provides. Beethoven analyses the user provided lyrics and in most cases bypasses missing or extra words and other minor discrepancies by readjusting itself within a word or two.

Unfortunately, we had to release the product a bit sooner than we hoped but in the overall scheme of things we were already a month behind schedule in releasing this product and the titles might have got much too old for release in that case. Beethoven v2.0 will be a major improvement over the current version and will be much easier to use, but in the meantime we will provide tech support for those of you interested in this product. Mind you this product is NOT for everyone but we think that we are on the right path to making it so easy to turn these legally licensed audio tracks into a full karaoke experience that will be even superior to the standard fixed derivative works being offered by today’s producers.

With that being said the titles listed below are being released for the January 2014 version, bearing in mind that the music was ready for release on November 25 but the delay was due to unacceptable software glitches.

COUNTRY
1/10. We Were Us, Keith Urban & Miranda Lambert
2/11. Drunk Last Night, Eli Young Band
3/12. Sweet Annie, Zac Brown Band
4/13. The Heart of Dixie, Danielle Bradber
5/14. Everybody's Got Somebody But Me, Hunter Hayes (feat. Jason Mraz)
6/15. That Girl, Jennifer Nettles
7/16. Compass, Lady Antebellum
8/17. Shut Up And Hold On, Toby Keith
9/18. Stay, Florida Georgia Line

POP
1/10. Timber, Justin Timberlake
2/11. Unconditionally, Pitbull (feat. Ke$ha)
3/12. Applause, Katy Perry
4/13. Stay The Night, Zedd (feat. Haley Williams of Paramore)
5/14. TKO, Justin Bieber
6/15. Perfume, Britney Spears
7/16. Bad Day, Lady Gaga
8/17. Dope, Ariana Grande feat Big Sean
9/18. Right There, Lady Gaga

URBAN
1/10. The Monster, Eminem (feat. Rihanna)
2/11. Tom Ford, Jay Z
3/12. Love More, Chris Brown (feat. Nicki Minaj)
4/13. 23, Mike Will Made-It (feat. Miley Cyrus, Wiz Khalifa & Juicy J)
5/14. Holy Grail, Jay Z (feat. Justin Timberlake)
6/15. Bound 2, Kanye West
7/16. Ready, B.O.B (feat. Future)
8/17. Pound Cake, Drake (feat. Jay Z)
9/18. Own It, Mack Wilds

Last edited by Bastiat on Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:24 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
Wow this release actually has some pretty decent tracks!! May have to pick this one up!

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:39 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
WOW!!! I recognize 7 out of 9 for the Country releases.
I'm probably going to need some of that Tech Support help from you to create these. I've never created a Karaoke file before... just copied/converted/burned to CD from another CD or MP3G/MP4G download.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:52 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
8 songs from country are definitely hot. Good picks!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:36 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Bastiat wrote:
PHM is introducing a new product for January 2014 called “Roll Your Own Karaoke”, which as its name implies, is a product that enables KJs and enthusiasts alike to easily and quickly render their own karaoke versions of any popular song.

When used in conjunction with “Beethoven” auto-wiping .cdg creation tool, that is fun and easy to use, end users can finally render their own custom karaoke songs with full OSL (On Screen Lyrics) without the hassle of having to use a full-fledged CD+G authoring tool....

Is this what you needed Beta Testers for?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:51 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Cueball . . . this is not the product for which we are seeking beta testers although if we had time we would have beta tested this product as well before we released it. In fact I had submitted a post yesterday shortly after the original post explaining just that but for some reason it got lost in space. I'm sure it was something that I did wrong as I was doing several things at once (as usual) and probably didn't hit the submit button.

We will still be seeking out beta testers for a product in which we've been working on (or should I say on and off) for several years now. Unfortunately we'll have to put that on hold for a bit longer until we get the new "Beethoven" software more user friendly and self-contained, and of course like any new software product will need some improvements and upgrades as soon as it is released.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:50 am 

Been Liked: 0 time
it appears there was a typo on all the artists listed for Pop :) Here is the line up, now the Pop are easier to recognize:

COUNTRY
1/10. We Were Us, Keith Urban & Miranda Lambert
2/11. Drunk Last Night, Eli Young Band
3/12. Sweet Annie, Zac Brown Band
4/13. The Heart of Dixie, Danielle Bradbery
5/14. Everybody's Got Somebody But Me, Hunter Hayes (feat. Jason Mraz)
6/15. That Girl, Jennifer Nettles
7/16. Compass, Lady Antebellum
8/17. Shut Up And Hold On, Toby Keith
9/18. Stay, Florida Georgia Line

POP
5/14. TKO, Justin Bieber
7/16. Bad Day, Lady Gaga

URBAN
1/10. The Monster, Eminem (feat. Rihanna)
2/11. Tom Ford, Jay Z
3/12. Love More, Chris Brown (feat. Nicki Minaj)
4/13. 23, Mike Will Made-It (feat. Miley Cyrus, Wiz Khalifa & Juicy J)
5/14. Holy Grail, Jay Z (feat. Justin Timberlake)
6/15. Bound 2, Kanye West
7/16. Ready, B.O.B (feat. Future)
8/17. Pound Cake, Drake (feat. Jay Z)
9/18. Own It, Mack Wilds

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:10 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Oooops! It's just been brought to my attention that the Pop listings have the incorrect artists listed. I have corrected the titles in the original post and they are also listed below:

POP
5/14. TKO, Justin Bieber
7/16. Bad Day, Lady Gaga

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:37 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 160 times
cueball wrote:
WOW!!! I recognize 7 out of 9 for the Country releases.
I'm probably going to need some of that Tech Support help from you to create these. I've never created a Karaoke file before... just copied/converted/burned to CD from another CD or MP3G/MP4G download.

I recognize them too ...because I already have 8 out of 9 of them. The only one I don't have is the Toby Keith song and that one is available at BKD.

Like the man said. They had these titles ready at the end of November. So did the other active manufacturers like All Star Karaoke and Karaoke Cloud and Singers Solution. I'm still a little confused about their new format. Will their new tracks be audio only and you will have to create your own graphics using this new Beethoven software? I guess I'll just have to wait and see what people have to say about it in a week or two.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:22 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 64 times
I do have to say the title list is a lot ..a lot better...THUMBS UP...but Im not so sure about creating my own grahics???? not something that I have done..... hope fully you will give us more information.
I know I have not been a very big fan of PHM but if they keep putting out artist we know...this might just win me back...good job PHM

Last edited by GeminiMALE40 on Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:03 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 6 times
I'm not clear about this:

Quote:
...is a product that enables KJs and enthusiasts alike to easily and quickly render their own karaoke versions of any popular song

Are you saying that this will allow you to take any song, remove the vocals then add graphics?

Sounds interesting!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:04 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 11 times
Wait, so these certain tracks you are putting out are audio only? Are these tracks for the next PHM CDG release?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:39 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

I have the same questions about how these new releases are being presented. I'm sure "Bastiat" will explain further.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:00 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

BruceFan4Life - At the time when these titles were ready to be released there were only a couple of the songs on the disc which we released that were legally licensed (All Star Karaoke as far as I can tell) for release in the USA, however there were other producers who were releasing some of these products without a license to distribute in the USA. I have been made aware that since then a few more songs have been released (most of them country) but not sure if any or all of these tracks are being released by legitimate US producers.

Unfortunately we have no control over what tracks get released and by whom or if they are even legitimately licensed for release in the USA, so what you have noted will be a continuous problem for all legitimate producers. Without passing judgement, the problem is so pervasive and accepted by karaoke consumers that there is little point in trying to expend the amount of energy required in attempting to stall the efforts of the illegal producers and/or importers. Instead we can only hope to put out the best possible titles and approach the problem as a format problem as opposed to a titles problem. We can fix the format problem over time but we can't fix the problem of releasing unwanted titles.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:12 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

To GeminiMALE40 - The idea that you haven't been a fan of PHM lately I do not take personally, and I also think that based on the titles alone, you had every reason NOT to be a fan of PHM. If ever I've objected to anything that you have posted it was based more on tone than on content.

As far as the graphics is concerned, RYOK will not provide you with "instant gratification". Like I've said before it's not for everybody but it is definitely worth the effort once you've committed to it and have learned the process. The ultimate goal of the Beethoven software is to provide the end user with a seamless, transparent and effortless way of rendering a karaoke track in under 10 minutes per track. The benefits far outweigh that of the standard fixed graphics CD+G/Mp3+G format including things like multiple versions such as "Explicit" vs. "Censored", multiple languages, and a whole bunch more.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:17 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

To KaraokeAmerica - RYOK songs are "audio only" tracks with one exception, and that is that these tracks are recognizable by our proprietary software Beethoven, a cdg authoring tool with auto-wipe capablility. It does not strip vocals from an original recording or any recording for that matter. These are our own sound-a-like audio recordings.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:23 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

To rogerniner - Please see above post with regard to "audio only" tracks. Currently only RYOK tracks can be recognized by Beethoven but it's entirely possible that future versions of Beethoven will be open to other brands if they so wish to avail themselves to this format.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:23 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Regarding these new release titles (which you cited in a previous post): Are they going to be available only in this RYOK format, or will they also be available in the regular CDG and MP3/4G formats that you have produced in the past?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:13 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

This will only be available as a RYOK product. Some of these titles cannot be licensed for karaoke. Of course that's not to say that they won't be illegally released by other producers but we're just not going to go that route.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:47 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 180 times
so your bypassing the mechanical license lyric & syncing fees and giving us proprietary software that will recognize the music you supply so we can put our own lyrics to the music.

is this what i'm understanding?

so what makes this legal for us to use in our shows?

in fact can't the companies that own the music come after us now for adding lyrics and using it at a karaoke show with paying mechanical licensing & syncing fee's.

and if this is true then your not scoring any points here with any karaoke hosts.

please explain this to us. I may not even know what i'm talking about.

I'm just a common person with some questions about stuff I've read in the past when I asked about making my own custom parodies of music.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next