KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - PHM...November New Releases Public Forums Karaoke Discussions New Music - Request & Released Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 12:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:08 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 64 times
Was Just informed that the NEW pop..country..and urban for Pop Hits Monthly has beenb posted on their website..Im not to impressed
www.pophitsmonthly.com

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:12 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
Haven't been impressed with their selections this entire year. The Imagine Dragons songs might get done as I get requests for them at this time.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:43 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
Not impressed with the selections either. $489.99 Pop/Urban/Country paid subscription for a year - I will no longer renew when it expires. What a waste!

I'll just continue asking my singers their song requests. Write it down on my clipboard songs they want, I'll download it if available.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:51 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 160 times
I watch Country Music Television quite regularly and I only recognize one song in the listings and it's bY a female so there's no reason FOR ME to buy that disc AT ALL.

I thought their boss said that the song choices were going to get better? There are so many really good country songs out there and they keep picking duds. Are they just throwing darts to pick out the songs for their discs?

How about producing Luke Bryan's "SUNTAN CITY" or "IT'S A SHORE THING" or Colt Ford's "HIP HOP IN A HONKY TONK???

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:08 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

BruceFan4Life wrote:
I watch Country Music Television quite regularly and I only recognize one song in the listings and it's bY a female so there's no reason FOR ME to buy that disc AT ALL.

I thought their boss said that the song choices were going to get better? There are so many really good country songs out there and they keep picking duds. Are they just throwing darts to pick out the songs for their discs?

How about producing Luke Bryan's "SUNTAN CITY" or "IT'S A SHORE THING" or Colt Ford's "HIP HOP IN A HONKY TONK???

I have called several times telling them this and they dont listen..so when they start losing business maybe they will open up their eyes..or maybe not. I think every dj should call in and complain...honestly

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:21 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

They have explained here in detail that their licensing costs are much higher than they used to be and are no longer permitted to make the music first and release as they have in the past.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:02 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Lonman wrote:
They have explained here in detail that their licensing costs are much higher than they used to be and are no longer permitted to make the music first and release as they have in the past.

But giving us a disc full of songs that will never...NEVER get sung..is a waste of our money also..then maybe they should do a BI monthly release and give us songs that we want...but with the digital downloads it dont matter anyway....they will get my money instead of pop hits monthly...oh well.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:16 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

GeminiMALE40 wrote:
Lonman wrote:

But giving us a disc full of songs that will never...NEVER get sung..is a waste of our money also..then maybe they should do a BI monthly release and give us songs that we want...but with the digital downloads it dont matter anyway....they will get my money instead of pop hits monthly...oh well.

I kind of agree here. I would actually seetle if they dropped the 3 line discs for maybe 1 or 2 with a mix more popular songs. Problem is they would still probably have to charge the same amount as they are for 3 discs for more popular tracks.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:37 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 180 times
look PHM is not making money like they use to do, therefore they have to put out crap if anything at all.

MY PREDICTION:
as soon as people stop re-newing memberships, PHM will just fade away and start heavy with the lawsuits..... just so they can recover some lost revenue from pirates....

and it's probably not just a prediction as much as it's a fact!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:09 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

mightywiz wrote:
look PHM is not making money like they use to do, therefore they have to put out crap if anything at all.

MY PREDICTION:
as soon as people stop re-newing memberships, PHM will just fade away and start heavy with the lawsuits..... just so they can recover some lost revenue from pirates....

and it's probably not just a prediction as much as it's a fact!

I wish top hits monthly was still in business..they gave us a better selections then PHM...Im just waiting for the day when you CANT buy disc and everything is downloaded

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:42 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Except THM never licensed anything, which is why they are out of business today.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:21 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
GeminiMALE40 wrote:
Was Just informed that the NEW pop..country..and urban for Pop Hits Monthly has beenb posted on their website..Im not to impressed
http://www.pophitsmonthly.com

I gave up checking PHM's new releases back in March of 2012... ever since (at least as far back as November, 2011) they started releasing "Fluff" instead of recognizable "Hits."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:22 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Ah Yes indeed! The FLUFF factor rears it's ugly head. I believe that the FLUFF Factor is one of the main reasons that many people started grabbing karaoke tracks for free. They got tired of paying $30 to get the one song on a disc that they really wanted. Downloading songs for free was their way of getting even with THE MAN for forcing them to "Bundle"

And in the words of Chris Rock when referring to OJ...

I AIN'T SAYIN' IT'S RIGHT....BUT I UNDERSTAND!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:10 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
BruceFan4Life wrote:
They got tired of paying $30 to get the one song on a disc that they really wanted.

this is something i have been saying.
this is also why people stopped buying a certain brand, "They got tired of paying $30 to get the one song on a disc that they really wanted."
i would hate to see yet another big manu go down this way.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:16 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

It's interesting that I never paid $30 for a certain brand. Most I ever paid was $20 throughout the 2000's.
But I don't see PHM releasing good stuff without either cutting back their line to 1 or 2 discs a month and keeping their prices around $40 for both.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:18 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

I remember paying $29.95 plus shipping for Sound Choice Spotlight discs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:26 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

I also remember not being able to get certain songs because they were "bundled" in a Foundation set and those few songs would have cost me hundreds of dollars if I wanted my own copies so I could practice the songs at home. I remember when KJs were selling custom discs for $5 bucks a song and people were gobbling them up because you only had to pay for songs that you liked.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:28 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 268 times
I also can remember when soundchoice discs were around $30 at a retail store.. Which is why I never initially bought them and the main reason I used to pirate songs.

Now that i know better and it isn't ENTIRELY the karaoke producer's fault, I haven't downloaded a single song without paying for it first.

-James

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:36 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

jclaydon wrote:
I also can remember when soundchoice discs were around $30 at a retail store.. Which is why I never initially bought them and the main reason I used to pirate songs.

Now that i know better and it isn't ENTIRELY the karaoke producer's fault, I haven't downloaded a single song without paying for it first.

-James

But this is going back to the late 90's. In the 2000's they were $20 or even less retail - at least every one I bought. I remember when Music Maestro and even BACKSTAGE were $20-$30 each when they first came out.