KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - New Manu Request Public Forums Karaoke Discussions New Music - Request & Released Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: New Manu Request
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:29 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 17 times
Instead of new music request can I request a new karaoke manufacturer?

A manu that:

has some moral values and integrity;
is willing to properly secure licenses and adhere to them;
cares about the future of the karaoke industry;
can produce quality music that people actually want;
will provide and/or allow music to be used in digital format;
values it's customers (i.e. the KJ and the general consumer);
- is open to developing policies & procedures that don't have to be constantly changed;
- will make that information available and prominent on their website?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject: Re: New Manu Request
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:45 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 180 times
your asking for way to much!!!!

especially when money's involved......

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:53 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

mightywiz wrote:
your asking for way to much!!!!

LOL....probably right...Actually that reminded me of a joke:

A man walking along a California beach was deep in prayer. Suddenly, the sky clouded above his head and, in a booming voice, the Lord said, "Because you have TRIED to be faithful to me in all ways, I will grant you one wish."

The man said, "Build a bridge to Hawaii so I can drive over anytime I want." The Lord said, "Your request is very materialistic. Think of the enormous challenges for that kind of undertaking. The supports to the bottom of the Pacific! The concrete and steel it would take! It will nearly exhaust every natural resource I have made. I can do it, but it is hard for me to justify your desire for worldly things. Take a little more time and think of something that would honor and glorify me."

The man thought about it for a long time. Finally he said, "Lord, I wish that I could understand my wife. I want to know how she feels inside, what she's thinking when she gives me the silent treatment, why she cries, what she means when she says nothing's wrong, and how I can make a woman truly happy."

The Lord replied, "You want two lanes or four on that bridge?"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:25 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 59 times
If Big Machine would just put out more of their artists on Karaoke like they did Taylor Swift it would be an immediate plus.

All music producers could do the same thing. They own the music, already have the tracks all they need to do is set the lyrics and swipes up.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:11 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Lone Wolf wrote:
If Big Machine would just put out more of their artists on Karaoke like they did Taylor Swift it would be an immediate plus.

All music producers could do the same thing. They own the music, already have the tracks all they need to do is set the lyrics and swipes up.

If I knew how to do the swipe/graphic stuff and had the necessary resources, I'd look at creating a company offering as a 3rd party service of creating swipes and graphics and start knocking on doors.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:46 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 172 times
KJ falls off a cliff, and catches a tree root protruding about 10 feet down of a hundred foot drop. He's yelling, help, help, somebody help me.....A loud deep voice from above responds......just let go my son. The KJ responds....let go????, who are you, that I should trust you?....the voice responds....I am the Great Sound Choice, and you can trust me, just let go and you will be fine.......KJ yells back.....any other Manus up there?....

ps.....another softer, higher voice responds......I'll help you....KJ asks......who are you?.....new voice responds...why, I'm a Lawyer......aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....splat!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:42 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 160 times
"Do as I say and not as I do" should be the new Sound Choice motto.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:30 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 10 times
hiteck wrote:
Instead of new music request can I request a new karaoke manufacturer?

A manu that:

has some moral values and integrity;
is willing to properly secure licenses and adhere to them;
cares about the future of the karaoke industry;
can produce quality music that people actually want;
will provide and/or allow music to be used in digital format;
values it's customers (i.e. the KJ and the general consumer);
- is open to developing policies & procedures that don't have to be constantly changed;
- will make that information available and prominent on their website?

This was my intension when I set up my karaoke company in the UK
Unfortunately it seems that all the major stockist want are the same old boring songs.
I tried to offer something different with the tracks I put out (mostly requests from KJ's and my research for unavailable tracks).
As I wasn't releasing a new disc every other week my company was soon out of the stockists eye so their orders became less and less.

Fortunately Karaoke Version appear to have got things right by using their request section so obscure tracks are being made.

As regards to doing swipes, there are some very easy programs that can do this for you providing you can tap a spacebar in time.
Once you get the hang of it, it takes about 45 minutes from start to finish to sync a 4 minute song.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:36 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 59 times
Gotta be something simpler, I don't think that CB or SC hired a guy to sit there and tap a space bar to get it right. Their must be a commercial program out there that will do it easily and as cheap as CB and the others have done it, we just don't know what it is!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:14 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
Lone Wolf wrote:
Gotta be something simpler, I don't think that CB or SC hired a guy to sit there and tap a space bar to get it right. Their must be a commercial program out there that will do it easily and as cheap as CB and the others have done it, we just don't know what it is!!!

The program Sunfly uses is Karaoke Builder as they actually asked here if anyone wanted to do some work that had KB experience (and what looks like most of the UK manus use as well), which is a tap sync - then edit for the fine tuning. I can get a song done in about 45 min to an hour - start to finish. All the other programs i've seen are also tap sync with the spacebar as well.
I believe there are new programs out there that are doing HD video graphics like Karaoke-Version and even SC video files, nice clean edges & smooth swipes. Don't know what that one is, however I am pretty confident that it's going to be a tap sync as well, not much getting around that.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:54 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 268 times
Well that's pretty stupid, you shouldn't NEED a tapsync kind of system. Hello has anyone heard of SHEET MUSIC. You know that thing that maps out the EXACT timing, notes etc for a song?

Why can't someone develop something that uses that info to since the lyrics.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:55 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 160 times
and who are they going to sell it to? Karaoke manufacturing companies are dropping like flies and even if there were hundreds of them; they aren't going to drop their existing way of doing things just to make someone else's job of creating their own karaoke tracks a little bit easier. If you want to sing a song badly enough, you will learn how to use one of the various karaoke authoring software programs and make your own.

You can usually get a backing track for a buck or two and then it's just a matter of time to make the cdg file.

From what I hear; Sunfly pays a whopping 5 dollars per song to the people that make their cdg files. I wouldn't do it for that price but they get people to make them for them.