KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - MR ENTERTAINER ???? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions New Music - Request & Released Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 6:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: MR ENTERTAINER ????
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:06 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 64 times
I just got my Mr Entertainer Disic from Select A Track..Has anyone else used these and what do you think of them?????

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject: Re: MR ENTERTAINER ????
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:17 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
I have a couple, music is the same as SBI pretty much. Graphics ok.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:27 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 25 times
I prefer them to the sunfly, they sound suprisingly similar, but the scrolls for ME always show the next line, where as sunfly's scrolls are page by page. I find their method for duets (which is to split the screen in two halves, one for each part) it confuses singers to begin with but once they get the hang of it it's much much better than any other method I've come accross.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:53 pm 

Been Liked: 0 time
They tend to publish music that's more popular in Britain. I enjoy stuff like Mark Ronson and old Calvin Harris songs. So that's a plus. This also means some songs come out a couple months before other publishers get around to it because sometimes the UK pop songs cross the pond a little later.

My critique of the brand is they don't print cuss words. As a singer, I don't mind when words are censored, like other brands do, but MRE just deletes the word entirely. This can put you off a couple beats if you don't know the word should be there. Most recently, I've noticed this with their version of Super Bass, but I'm sure it's the same with others as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:10 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 10 times
They tend to do a clean version with the swear words removed and a version with the swear word left in but editted

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:50 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 38 times
Agreed, Music is identical to the like of SF, SB and AX but graphics are better. I would happily choose ME as first choice as I have a bee in my bonnet about both song title and artists style displayed at the end (don't ask why).

The line by line or word by word scolling is the winner for me. I loathe page by page scrolling, that's why I only choose Sunfly if that's the only choice or the backing track is significantly better to negate their graphics (example, try some fast Baseballs songs Sunfly vs. Zoom - Zoom are always a few words ahead so you can get your bearings, whereas with Sunfly the words sometimes only appear the nano second you have to sing it).

I've slightly gone off SBI and Abraxa somewhat since their last graphics revamp - they changed their text to look more like Sunfly's, which I find harder to follow (especially AX), and I don't like the way "● itso -" replaced "as performed by". Call me picky or what you will.

Mr Entertainer has countdown guides similar to SBI but in my experience they are easier to follow since they tend to be rock steady (like Sound choice, Chart buster etc) whereas some SBI countdowns are irregular and off the beat depending on when you are supposed to sing that particular note.

I toyed over which version of Tom Jones "if he should ever leave you" to download, in the end I went for Mr Entertainer, and I'm pleased with it. The brand is certainly worth a try.

Interestingly there is no mention of Mr Entertainer (from what I can see) on the SBI website, even though they acknowledge Sunfly, MPME and Abraxa. However, on Mr entertainers website the SBI logo is in the top right corner for all to see.