KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Sound Choice is back in the game - Get excited! Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:25 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 52 times
Bastiat wrote:
Quote:
Let me explain it to you the easier way my friend... My stuff goes out on the market, you make my stuff karaoke because I gave you the authorization (The go ahead), then you distribute it the way you like and give me some yum yum in return. Dude! this is standard. You still own (@$%&#!).

In the first place I'm not your friend. Yes I made karaoke songs. You might recognize them under the Pop Hits Monthly, Top Hits Monthly, Sing It Now, Rising Star, UKKaraoke, American Gold and a few other labels all owned by Stellar Records. You are totally clueless as to how music licensing works so please don't try to b.s. your way through this.

You're the Pop Hits monthly dude? woh! crap... I'm debating with a Professional bigshot... Nice to meet you, I'm Cousin Vinnie

I have a question? Are you still in the business to make and distribute karaoke?

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:29 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 242 times
Quote:
You still own (@$%&#!). So basically it takes approx 5 minutes to remaster a track and make a karaoke song (Times 7000) ya you wasted that time cuz you don't own any of it. In fact I can request those tracks to be removed from the MUSIC world system and you are the guy who loses out.

Please tell me you're really not that stupid! You are actually so clueless that you don't understand that these songs are recorded from scratch. You actually think these are remastered tracks. Spare me!!! In the first place in order to remaster a track you have to have the original masters and even Bob Clearmountain doesn't remaster a track in 5 minutes even if that were the case. The fact that you don't even know that much just indicates that the only thing you've proven thus far is that you don't know a db from donut. You're a "musician" and you don't know what a SR form is? I OWN the copyrights for those 7,000 songs. If you think otherwise by all means infringe on them and I'll own you for the rest of your life. You can't remove shyte from anywhere, and if you think you can, by all means help yourself. I would love nothing more than to sue your butt for trying.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:39 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

are these yours?

Complete years of Karaoke tracks Made into MP3+G tracks. I have bought just about all of them. Are they legal or?
Attachment:
p.jpg
p.jpg [ 4.15 KiB | Viewed 25371 times ]

Attachment:
p (1).jpg
p (1).jpg [ 4.15 KiB | Viewed 25371 times ]

You also never answered my other question? Are you still in business or in the business of making and distributing karaoke tracks for the purpose of resale?

Keep in mind that we (Both you & I) are professionals here so be truthful.

Last edited by cousinvinnie on Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:42 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Quote:
I have a question? Are you still in the business to make and distribute karaoke?

I'm just waiting to get a list of songs to release so that I don't put out songs that nobody wants. :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:44 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Quote:
are these yours?

Complete years of Karaoke tracks Made into MP3+G tracks. I have bought just about all of them. Are they legal or?

Yes and yes.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:44 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

That's awesome On a personal level your a pain in the (@$%&#!), but I support Stellar Records company 100% on a positive note and will continue to do business with the company and it's future releases.

Please visit my Facebook page and browse my friends list. There are many Musicians/Band members who will work with you in re-distributing their songs. I'm sure you've heard of HELIX, Honeymoon Suite, Trooper, April Wine, Brighton Rock, Sven Gali, Rush and a few others contact them via messenger and mention my name.

Last edited by cousinvinnie on Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:44 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 50 times
Bastiat wrote:
Quote:
Let me explain it to you the easier way my friend... My stuff goes out on the market, you make my stuff karaoke because I gave you the authorization (The go ahead), then you distribute it the way you like and give me some yum yum in return. Dude! this is standard. You still own (@$%&#!).

In the first place I'm not your friend. Yes I made karaoke songs. You might recognize them under the Pop Hits Monthly, Top Hits Monthly, Sing It Now, Rising Star, UKKaraoke, American Gold and a few other labels all owned by Stellar Records. You are totally clueless as to how music licensing works so please don't try to b.s. your way through this.

I own a TON of all these...(including box sets) I am a little confused as there are differences in THM an PHM. Could you list all the Stellar brands so i can sort my disks accordingly, and my mind:). Thanks

@cousin Vinny... Weird Al does parodies. That's how he gets away with it. Different rules.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:03 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
cousinvinnie wrote:
Lonnie between you & I let's cut that crap about any kj's "Not" using SC tracks at their shows. Trust me on this. My wife & I attend many shows, many in US with 99% kj's have and use them.

Vinnie, it's NOT crap. Chip does NOT use SC at his show. He even has a sign posted at his shows saying such. He stopped using SC years ago, when SC started suing KJs who were running off of computers.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:25 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
Bastiat wrote:
Quote:

I'm just waiting to get a list of songs to release so that I don't put out songs that nobody wants. :shock:

Vinnie, Bastiat is joking with you! He's not collecting a list of songs for future release :D Doesn't that sound like another company's promise/claim?

Bastiat, That was great. I didn't think you had a sense of humor.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:36 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

mrmarog wrote:
Bastiat wrote:
Quote:

Vinnie, Bastiat is joking with you! He's not collecting a list of songs for future release :D Doesn't that sound like another company's promise/claim?

Bastiat, That was great. I didn't think you had a sense of humor.

I'm sure if Bastiat was legit, he would introduce himself by real name. But because he is addressing himself as "Stellar Records" and because I/We purchase Stellar products, we should respect the company as we do others.

Last edited by cousinvinnie on Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:00 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 26 times
Bastiat wrote:
Quote:

I so enjoy reading your posts Bastiat! You never fail to bring a smile to my face...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:10 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Could karaoke possibly be that easy for Americans to "take" ownership of an existing work / Add their brand / Form SR to copyright then claim ownership of that work as if it was their own simply because of a trademark?
Wow! kinda makes people want to get into the karaoke business producing their own tracks.

What is your interpretation of Section 115?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:24 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
cousinvinnie wrote:

Dude! those are words that only a shady KJ would say. Do you have something to hide sir... ? ? Dude you just exposed yourself!!! Hello... there's goes another one.

Pirates have no say... end of discussion...
Licensed KJ's have nothing to hide and support everyone in the business.

8) Vinnie those are the words of a host who like Chip, Smooth and others decided a long time ago not to play SC at their shows. Don't you know how rude it is to expose yourself in public, oh that's right I forgot SC aka PEP did that years ago. They showed themselves to be out just for themselves, and nobody else. I don't have to prove anything to you since I have been semi retired for some time now, and don't work for KNF. If you being a newbie would have read my posts over the years you would know that I have never supported piracy. On the other hand I have been no supporter of SC/PEP and their dubious business/legal model used over the last part of their so called company reorganization.

I think you have a lot of nerve calling others Pirates just because they lament the turmoil PEP has caused in the industry, without really making any significant reduction in the amount of Piracy going on. In fact it has gotten worse not better, and there is a real risk that a fragile industry will continue to have long term problems, which might mean final collapse.

P.S. The more I read your posts Vinnie, the more I think I'm reading something written by Jimbo. The you know 99% of all hosts are pirates mantra. Does that 99% hold true for Canada as well?

Last edited by The Lone Ranger on Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:58 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
P.S. The more I read your posts Vinnie, the more I think I'm reading something written by Jimbo. The you know 99% of all hosts are pirates mantra. Does that 99% hold true for Canada as well?

Yes Sir, I believe those same stats also in Canada 99% pirates.

Hey we are all professionals here, cut the crap... anyone posting any fear for record labels obviously has something to hide.

Sorry I should not have said Pirates I meant to say "Tecnical Infringers"

Let's just say in other words... it's an open meat market for any of the existing record labels still in business to pursue action against many in this karaoke business.

Please note: We should not mention any names due to the privacy of the KJ's that "May" be listed on here, please do not speak for someone else for who uses what's what.

Does anyone know Bastiat real name? Is he really "Stellar Records"?

Didn't stellar records go bankrupt?
(Roll Your own Karaoke was an audio only product where with supplied software the end user creates the MP3+G file on their own. They did that to avoid having to pay for sync licensing. Apparently that backfired and forced Stellar Records, the parent company of Pop Hits Monthly to file for bankruptcy. They were the last of the big three to close up shop on making new music.)

Hey look StellarRecords.com is for sale Buy Now: $3495

Also Who is Panorama?

Last edited by cousinvinnie on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:14 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

8) That is just the point Vinnie there is nothing to fear but fear itself. Jim is gone and PEP has fallen off the radar screen. The only fear that has been generated is the image that SC/PEP has made any difference. They haven't that is why they have slunk back into the abyss from which they came. I thought they were a joke when I was working, and now that I'm not, they are even a bigger joke. Nothing happening here move on, don't get excited.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:15 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
Smooth and others decided along time ago not to play SC at their shows.

Try saying it like this: a long.

Don't thank me, LR. I'm only too happy to point out your mistakes. :D :D :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:22 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
cueball wrote:
cousinvinnie wrote:
Lonnie between you & I let's cut that crap about any kj's "Not" using SC tracks at their shows. Trust me on this. My wife & I attend many shows, many in US with 99% kj's have and use them.

Vinnie, it's NOT crap. Chip does NOT use SC at his show. He even has a sign posted at his shows saying such. He stopped using SC years ago, when SC started suing KJs who were running off of computers.

So, anyone who decides not to use SC because they don't want to subject themselves to a possible lawsuit, shouldn't use Chartbuster either, since PEP also owns the CB brand in which case you can still be sued for copyright infringement.

So the question is: Is Chip using any CB tracks at his shows?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:24 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Alan B wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:
Smooth and others decided along time ago not to play SC at their shows.

Try saying it like this: a long.

Don't thank me, LR. I'm only too happy to point out your mistakes. :D :D :D

8) If not hitting the space bar is the only mistake I ever make, then I'm getting of easy Alan. I would point out your errors as well, but I have to take my wife to a doctor's appointment and don't have the time. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:28 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
In my area everyone seems to have everything. Over the last 12 years I purchased a very large number of karaoke cds that the disc based turned computer based hosts sold me. I only know of a couple of hosts that are certified (SC or CB).

No one is even talking about pirates anymore, and no one seems to be concerned either. One of the legal hosts recently lost a very long term gig, and now the venue has the GEM and a hourly paid host. Another certified host is horrible and has no gigs at all. Smoothe is CB certified and plays no SC. One guy has the HELP license. There are a few others.

So in my entire area (30 mile radius) there are only a handful that have any sort of legitimacy. I do not know the legalities of playing abandoned/undefended labels (freeware), but if you can use those labels then the number of pirates goes way down.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:31 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Alan B wrote:
cueball wrote:
cousinvinnie wrote:

So, anyone who decides not to use SC because they don't want to subject themselves to a possible lawsuit, shouldn't use Chartbuster either, since PEP also owns the CB brand in which case you can still be sued for copyright infringement.

So the question is: Is Chip using any CB tracks at his shows?

8) Alan it would be far a bigger job for SC to push it's claim on the CB label. The reasons being CB sold off all of their stock discs dumping them on the market in bulk units sold by Ace Karaoke, among others. Also they allowed SCDG's, Hard drives and SD's to be made as well. I have 2700 CB tracks on SCDG covered by the CAVS trademark that SC could do nothing about.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next