KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Sound Choice is back in the game - Get excited! Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:36 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 52 times
$50 is nothing for the Pep CB Registration product offering.

1-10 disks cost $700 for 4500 tracks (16 cents per track)

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:06 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 226 times
cousinvinnie wrote:
Sorry I should not have said Pirates I meant to say "Tecnical Infringers"

Technical Infringer = someone that rips a cdg to a computer thus copying without permission changing the original file extension.

Pirate= someone that steals, shares, or trades karaoke tracks that have not been paid for, or compensation made to the publishers or manufacturers of the original works.

Quasi-Pirate= someone who is in possession of karaoke tracts that a manufacturer or download site has pirated, pressed more copies than they paid for, or failed to pay royalties to the publishers of original works, even if they knew none of this.

Manu-Pirate= Manufacturers of songs having NO permission to make (including No Fly), have lied about licensing and compensation to publishers, and have done whatever they wanted and ruined this industry. Out of the original 40+ manus, there are less than 10 left standing...

Feel free to correct any errors in this understanding... :)

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:14 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 197 times
johnreynolds wrote:
cousinvinnie wrote:

...This would also include producing songs that manufacturers were NEVER given permission to make (No Fly), and songs that were recalled...

Is there an official list of "songs" (not artists) that were recalled? Are people in possession of said tracks supposed to not use them anymore?

Does the same apply to Artists on the 'No Fly' list? Can't use their tracks anymore?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:18 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 226 times
djdon wrote:
johnreynolds wrote:
cousinvinnie wrote:

...This would also include producing songs that manufacturers were NEVER given permission to make (No Fly), and songs that were recalled...

Is there an official list of "songs" (not artists) that were recalled? Are people in possession of said tracks supposed to not use them anymore?

Does the same apply to Artists on the 'No Fly' list? Can't use their tracks anymore?

Good question for someone who knows what they're talking about (not me)...but Lonman, Chip, or Paradigm might know.

I think most hosts wouldn't care if they played NO-FLY artists or songs as long as they paid for them in "good faith". :angel:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:33 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
Cousin Vinnie, I visit Niagara Falls pretty often. Please let me know if you have any Red Peters songs I could sing when I visit you.... And what brands?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:40 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 427 times
Oh, I'm getting some popcorn. :angel:
This is going to be one fun ride.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:50 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

c. staley wrote:
Cousin Vinnie, I visit Niagara Falls pretty often. Please let me know if you have any Red Peters songs I could sing when I visit you.... And what brands?

What the hell is a Red Peters? is this another joke? Sounds dirty.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:58 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
cousinvinnie wrote:

What the hell is a Red Peters? is this another joke? Sounds dirty.

No, it's not a joke. If you were a real human being, you would know. But, many people here think that you're just a figment of their imagination.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:00 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

what's the deal on this Red Peters now?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:03 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

cousinvinnie wrote:
what's the deal on this Red Peters now?

Some believe he is dead.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:08 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Sound Choice is back in the game - Get excited!

All the rest of the labels mentioned in this thread are either a Joke, Bankrupt or just not in the business anymore.

Looking forward to new products from this company in 2018.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:40 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 180 times
cousinvinnie wrote:
Sound Choice is back in the game - Get excited!

All the rest of the labels mentioned in this thread are either a Joke, Bankrupt or just not in the business anymore.

Looking forward to new products from this company in 2018.

Attachments:
double-facepalm.jpg
double-facepalm.jpg [ 49.13 KiB | Viewed 23583 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:53 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

With the exception of Karaoke.net and Karaoke-version.com as the goto guys for "Buy on the fly" options.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:59 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 50 times
Most of the soundchoice library has been duplicated by decent manufacturers. Yes it is possible to do a show without soundchoice...period! The only real issues are a few Metal tracks and rarities that are slowly being re-licensed by other manufacturers. The second is
the Brand identity which many people ask for however, once they have to wade through a SC song they know well from another decent brand, they don't mind anymore.
CB has has been redistributed and re packaged so many times that it is difficult to control with the exception of registering (photo evidence) your original collection. The trademark is still enforceable but probably not worth the hassle unless bundled with an illegal SC set.

Real Pirates do not own a single original disk. You might be surprised at how comprehensive a decent quality collection can be had for 3k-6k and you own it. No no-fly problems, no recalls, no media shifting issues (1:1 that is). My SCDG's alone account for over 10,000 tracks including duplicates. I was replacing them slowly with better quality over time but still that's a lot of popular tracks to work with.

If memory serves me, Panorama was a competitor to Stellar and there were a host of legal issues over the years before they folded. Three years ago I was buying original THM and PHM and SIN disks in 100 packs for $89.00. Last year I bought a large Pocket songs pile and the entire Singers Dream set all for under $300 which selling my few SC disks paid for. That added up titles really quick.
So it can be done if your patient and crafty and willing to spend a little money.

The big problem is getting your clients through the transition phase from pirate SC to legal alternatives. With so many pirates it's a nightmare to break into some markets. NOTE I said clients (singers, Customers).

Last edited by screamersusa on Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:04 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 427 times
What can I say about Red Peters that hasn't already been said? Rumors of his demise have been greatly exaggerated? Yes, I think that sums it up. You should check him out, find what you have in your inventory and give that list to C_Stanley. He's an authority on Red Peters.

Cuz... Advise time... Your God (whoever that may be) gave you two ears and one mouth. At least on this site, you would be much better served to listen much more than to speak. Those here are crusty old vets who have been through this game from start to now. It appears you are vastly out of your league here. Sit and listen.. You might even learn something. Because the one great thing about this site; The bulk of the users would rather get it right than be right. And when it's not right, they help you get it right.... And you are not right.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:07 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
Yes I know Bastiats real name. It's been stated in this forum over the years, I'm sure you can find it too. He is who he says he is.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:18 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 50 times
Funny note....
redpeters has his own karaoke site where you can buy his tracks from the original studio tracks...LOL!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:31 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Yeah!!! I think i'll pass on his Red Peters tracks, my shows are family friendly.

I searched my show PC and thank God no results. http://redpeterskaraoke.com/

This is one library of songs I will have to Pass on purchasing.

On a personal note I think the creators and affiliates of red peters karaoke should be shot in the balls and buried alive for even playing this crap. It's junk like this that ruins the karaoke market.

Last edited by cousinvinnie on Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:52 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:31 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:

If not hitting the space bar is the only mistake I ever make, then I'm getting of easy Alan.

Yes, I would have to agree with that. Unfortunately, it is not the only mistake you've made. There have been quite a few. But don't worry, I'm here to point them out so that you can correct any deficiencies you may have. After all, what are friends for? LOL

Oh, and by the way... OFF is spelled with two F's. lol.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:09 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
djdon wrote:
johnreynolds wrote:
cousinvinnie wrote:

No Fly does not apply to what you have, it only applies to manus not being able to create those tracks anymore.
I don't know of any (other than the infamous 8125) tracks that have been 'recalled'. They (the manus) have had to pull tracks due to licensing issues but have never heard of an actual 'recall'.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next