KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - GETTING TIRED!!! Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 8:16 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: GETTING TIRED!!!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:26 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
I am getting tired of this lawsuit bs!!! Every time I look for a song, that I know used to be on karaoke, now it's gone!! I wish Sony would DIE!! They are FORCING people to go to file sharing sites to find music. I haven't yet, but I don't have many other ideas for buying songs. Getting tired of this crap!! They are TRYING to kill Karaoke!!

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject: Re: GETTING TIRED!!!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:25 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
Depends on where you are going. SBI still has a lot of stuff that isn't available for download, but you MAY have to actually buy a custom disc (egad) to get the songs.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:48 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 309 times
Stopping lawsuits is easy. Stop stealing. No theft, no lawsuit.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:34 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1085 times
timberlea wrote:

If only..

In a perfect world perhaps, yet I still see lawsuits for every made up reason imaginable, none real.

Defend yourself, or be judged guilty. :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:54 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 224 times
Smooth,

You haven't been hacking into their email accounts have you?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:50 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 204 times
True colors being displayed.

No one is being "forced" to go to illegal file sharing.

If you cannot obtain the song by legal means, then you simply cannot obtain the song.

Unless of course, you "never pay for music" and believe that theft can be justified.

Lonman makes a good point. If you want the track(s), you can get them on custom disc, just not download.

That's the cost of doing business... if you're concerned with being legit.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:38 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
timberlea wrote:

if only you had any clue what you were talking about.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:02 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

So if you don't steal from them how could they possibly sue you for stealing their products? Sometimes it is just that simple.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:33 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

timberlea wrote:
So if you don't steal from them how could they possibly sue you for stealing their products? Sometimes it is just that simple.

I am not talking about the SC lawsuits. i am talking about the Sony lawsuits that are forcing everyone to stop selling songs. I have been watching songs disappear like crazy. I am not saying that I am going to start stealing, nor am I saying that it would be the right thing to do. What I AM saying that these Sony lawsuits are creating a shortage of music, which IS going to cause MORE Piracy. That is GOING to be the end result. Simple as that.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:08 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
timberlea wrote:
Timberlea, you clearly don't know what you are talking about. Several people have been sued for the crime of transferring their legally owned music. Talk about a victimless crime in those situations.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:22 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 56 times
Smoothedge69 wrote:
I am getting tired of this lawsuit bs!!! Every time I look for a song, that I know used to be on karaoke, now it's gone!! I wish Sony would DIE!! They are FORCING people to go to file sharing sites to find music. I haven't yet, but I don't have many other ideas for buying songs. Getting tired of this crap!! They are TRYING to kill Karaoke!!

If it's not available, just explain to your singers that the publishers have not made it available for the commercial Karaoke industry (don't try to elaborate because they neither understand the music publishing industry and/or could care less because they see it on the internet and think it's freeware or something of the like). That is what I do then direct them to the 20k other songs I have they can choose to sing. I will never compromise my business to to satisfy a singers request. My regulars know that I will do everything within my power and legally to fill their request. Oh and yes I still get the "can you just play it from you tube" and my response without further explanation is, "sorry but I can't" with a smile and then respond "check out my song list of other great current songs you might want to sing". I still have many happy singers that return to my shows every week!
Happy New Year to you and Your Family!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:25 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
the only time i really get issues is when they are singing that song at other shows, but now it got pulled and that requires a bit of elaboration to get them to stop saying it is out because they sang it last night elsewhere.
unfortunately, as Smooth has stated, it does cause more piracy. about half of the singers that want to sing a song that was pulled that they already sing elsewhere will offer to bring me a copy from their own collection.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:51 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Smoothedge69 wrote:
timberlea wrote:

I am not talking about the SC lawsuits. i am talking about the Sony lawsuits that are forcing everyone to stop selling songs. I have been watching songs disappear like crazy. I am not saying that I am going to start stealing, nor am I saying that it would be the right thing to do. What I AM saying that these Sony lawsuits are creating a shortage of music, which IS going to cause MORE Piracy. That is GOING to be the end result. Simple as that.
That's almost the same as stealing, obviously the manus aren't paying the proper fees to begin with so they have to pull those songs that weren't allowed to be made without proper procedures. That isn't going to FORCE anyone into piracy, that will be their choice to steal. And besides if there is no more new music being made, what will be left to steal.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:55 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Clearly, we will all be stuck with Taylor Swift for new music. :o

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:05 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 18 times
MtnKaraoke wrote:
True colors being displayed.

No one is being "forced" to go to illegal file sharing.

If you cannot obtain the song by legal means, then you simply cannot obtain the song.

Unless of course, you "never pay for music" and believe that theft can be justified.

Lonman makes a good point. If you want the track(s), you can get them on custom disc, just not download.

That's the cost of doing business... if you're concerned with being legit.

Statements like this drive me crazy...you can apply this way of thinking to pretty much eveything..

If you can not get from here to there without driving over the speed limit then just don't drive...UNREAL

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:26 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Exactly Lonman, if the producers aren't paying then they are also stealing. Once again either as a music buyer or karaoke producer, pay the required fees.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:37 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

max wrote:
Statements like this drive me crazy...you can apply this way of thinking to pretty much eveything..

If you can not get from here to there without driving over the speed limit then just don't drive...UNREAL

People who compare speeding (and I don't --- cruise control) with illegal file sharing have no understanding of the specifics of what is being discussed.

Now that you've shown your lack of comprehension... perhaps you'd like to contribute something to the conversation?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:17 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

rumbolt wrote:
Oh and yes I still get the "can you just play it from you tube" and my response without further explanation is, "sorry but I can't" with a smile and then respond "check out my song list of other great current songs you might want to sing". I still have many happy singers that return to my shows every week!

I HAVE been explaining it to my customers. It just sucks that I have to do that, instead of providing the songs they want, like I have been doing since I started doing this. I just hope this crap stops soon.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:35 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Smoothedge69 wrote:
rumbolt wrote:
Oh and yes I still get the "can you just play it from you tube" and my response without further explanation is, "sorry but I can't" with a smile and then respond "check out my song list of other great current songs you might want to sing". I still have many happy singers that return to my shows every week!

I HAVE been explaining it to my customers. It just sucks that I have to do that, instead of providing the songs they want, like I have been doing since I started doing this. I just hope this crap stops soon.
Nah this has been a fact since the start of karaoke. Some songs are available, others aren't. Sucks yes, but part of the business. I have singer requests stemming back to 1998 (when I first started keeping track) of song requests that still aren't out to this day in any format - even basic instrumentals (yes I go through the list almost on a monthly basis through several sourced). That list is well over 2500 songs! If they are available I will find them either on OEM disc (even paying for 1 song because that is how much I value my customers), custom disc if that is all that is available, legal download or instrumental only where they will usually load up the lyrics on their phone (or bring in printed sheet) & sing it old school like we used to do when all there was were cassette & lyric sheets!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:39 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 334 times
MtnKaraoke wrote:
Clearly, we will all be stuck with Taylor Swift for new music. :o

Not so far off, actually. Not just TS, but I can see direct publisher/owner production as a near future possibility - Sony Karaoke? Either that or an ex-karaoke producer acting as the source contractor for them. In this scenario we would get the highest quality tracks with ORIGINAL instrumentals, but will be paying a whole lot more.

Btw- tracks that WERE out there still ARE - just not as downloads. If a disc was produced, it didn't just disappear. Again, a more expensive alternative than downloads, but the tracks are there.

" Disc based and loving it..."

Last edited by JoeChartreuse on Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next