KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Big Mama's Karaoke Cafe Closing ~ Owned By CB Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:52 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
http://www.wate.com/story/15044049/clos ... ig-problem

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:20 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 10 times
Look at the comments, they apparently had quite the fan club...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:41 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Singyoassoff wrote:
Look at the comments, they apparently had quite the fan club...

Yeah, I know. A lot of disgruntled folks! LOL

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:03 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 224 times
"The cafe may be going dark for good in Seymour, but the owner says the business may pop up again somewhere around Knoxville next year.

Also the company is working on a website for virtual karaoke so anyone can belt out a tune at home and invite friends and family to participate in real time."

Well there you go, CB making an option to help put KJs out of business - don't go to the bar with karaoke, stay home and we'll provide you with all the tracks free online. Bring all your friends over too. Yeah, now whose side are they on?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:29 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

rickgood wrote:
"Also the company is working on a website for virtual karaoke so anyone can belt out a tune at home and invite friends and family to participate in real time."

Well there you go, CB making an option to help put KJs out of business - don't go to the bar with karaoke, stay home and we'll provide you with all the tracks free online. Bring all your friends over too. Yeah, now whose side are they on?

There is still nothing like a live audience of more than just friends in larger venues. I've never had a karaoke party at my home & I have a lot of songs. Home use is cool but I've gotten more wild kitty singing karaoke in public! :biggrinthumb:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:26 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 334 times
Personally, I think they had a hosting problem..... :mrgreen:

" Disc based and loving it..."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:16 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
Wall Of Sound wrote:
rickgood wrote:
"Also the company is working on a website for virtual karaoke so anyone can belt out a tune at home and invite friends and family to participate in real time."

There is still nothing like a live audience of more than just friends in larger venues. I've never had a karaoke party at my home & I have a lot of songs. Home use is cool but I've gotten more wild kitty singing karaoke in public! :biggrinthumb:

MySpace did this years ago & some of our singers utilized it but still say there is nothing like singing in front of a live crowd - this is not going to replace a kj/karaoke venue in any manner.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:48 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
Frankly, I think the cafe had other problems. perhaps bad service, expensive fare, bad host, etc.... Karaoke patrons don't usually pay 100% of a clubs income and I don't believe that they can blame it 100% on pirates either. They would have had to be losing money in other areas.

Bad management. Seems to run in the family.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:00 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
[quote="c. staley"]Frankly, I think the cafe had other problems. perhaps bad service, expensive fare, bad host, etc.... Karaoke patrons don't usually pay 100% of a clubs income and I don't believe that they can blame it 100% on pirates either. They would have had to be losing money in other areas.

Bad management. Seems to run in the family.[/quote

:shock: If this venue is owned by CB, does this mean they are near financial collapse? Maybe that is why they have to charge 199.00 per audit, while Sound Choice only charges 125.00 per audit.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:05 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

[quote="Lonman"
MySpace did this years ago & some of our singers utilized it but still say there is nothing like singing in front of a live crowd - this is not going to replace a kj/karaoke venue in any manner.[/quote]

:D I would have to agree with you on public performing, most singers want to preform before the largest crowd possible, they want that crowd reaction, as long as it is positive. The only thing I have found most singers lose interest or drink to much if their is to large a gap between songs.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:49 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 56 times
c. staley wrote:
Frankly, I think the cafe had other problems. perhaps bad service, expensive fare, bad host, etc.... Karaoke patrons don't usually pay 100% of a clubs income and I don't believe that they can blame it 100% on pirates either. They would have had to be losing money in other areas.

Bad management. Seems to run in the family.

The cafe was managed separate from their other operations. I hardly think it is reflective of Big Mamas Digital Entertainment overall business operations. The cafe had become a venue for kids and the adults the really spent money stayed away. The host was very good with the kids. I guest hosted a weekend there last February and some of my following showed but left because of all the pre-teen that had overrun the place.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:50 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 56 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
c. staley wrote:

Bad management. Seems to run in the family.[/quote

:shock: If this venue is owned by CB, does this mean they are near financial collapse? Maybe that is why they have to charge 199.00 per audit, while Sound Choice only charges 125.00 per audit.

Hardly financial collapse? Just closed a small operation unrelated to their day to day operations.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:13 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks Rum for the first hand information.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:28 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 309 times
Not to mention most reastaurants fail within 1-2 years.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:39 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 46 times
I would hardly think that karaoke piracy alone caused this operation to fail.
My guess is bad management, bad food, bad, service, high prices, etc. Things along those lines would have caused failure before karaoke piracy would have shut it down.
Just take a look at restaurants that do well without any entertainment at all. Why are they doing so well with NO entertainment?
If they had good food, good service and good prices, NOTHING would have forced it's closure due to money loss, least of all, karaoke piracy.
That's just an excuse they are using to try and underline the piracy issue. Problem is, anyone with brains can see that it just doesn't wash.

Last edited by diafel on Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:35 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

diafel wrote:
I would hardly think that karaoke piracy alone caused this operation to fail.
My guess is bad management, bad food, bad, service, high prices, etc. Things along those lines would have caused failure before karaoke piracy would have shut it down.
Just take a look at restaurants that do well without any entertainment at all. Why are they doing so well with NO entertainment?
If they had good food, good service and good prices, NOTHING would have forced it's closure due to money loss, least of karaoke piracy.
That's just an excuse they are using to try and underline the piracy issue. Problem is, anyone with brains can see that it just doesn't wash.

:thinkin: That what happens when you want to blame one group for all of your problems, it is a lot easier to focus on them, and keeps you from looking inside yourself, and trying to make a better person.