KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Nutech SCDG Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Nutech SCDG
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:08 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 40 times
Who is using this company? My friend has some that he uses in his show, he is all cavs operation, but the quality seems low. Maybe its just me. I found some brand new with a good price tag on them but am on the fence as to buy them or not.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject: Re: Nutech SCDG
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:33 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
Sorry moved this topic here now as I already KNOW where it's going to end up anyway! :twisted: :argue:

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:35 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

simpmech wrote:
Who is using this company?

Not a huge Nu-Tech fan. They have a few gems in their pantload of dribble, but sifting through it all is a messy job and not worth it IMO, plus you have the other aspect of the SCDG - which is why the topic is moved here for discussion!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:58 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Lonman wrote:
Sorry moved this topic here now as I already KNOW where it's going to end up anyway! :twisted: :argue:

<snork> :rotflmao: :laughatthat: :biggrinthumb:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:03 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 59 times
I use the Nutech SCDGs. I bought them in good faith and later heard that there may be legal issues regarding them. I still use them - and I have all of my receipts. As far as I'm concerned, the seller of these SCDGs are the guilty ones. Not me.

Many of the songs are decent versions. However, I removed all of the duplicate song titles from my books. Nutech versions were one of the first to go. But, there are a lot of songs on those SCDGs that I didn't have, so I do play many of them regularly. It is the compression that I have a problem with (128) - I prefer to run 256 minimum.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:43 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

TroyVnd27 wrote:
I use the Nutech SCDGs. I bought them in good faith and later heard that there may be legal issues regarding them. I still use them - and I have all of my receipts. As far as I'm concerned, the seller of these SCDGs are the guilty ones. Not me.

Just like all those unsuspecting people that bought hard drives or loaded cavs machines from those "legitimate retailers". Isn't the phrase 'caveat emptor' or Let The Buyer Beware not play into a factor here? I'm sure as far as they are concerned they are not guilty either?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:24 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 309 times
Lonman it's exactly like unknowingly buy any stolen item or even unknowingly having in your possession counterfeit money. If it is unknowing, LEO or banks in the case of money, will just confiscate it and there is no compensation. Unfortunately the one holding the bag is SOL.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:40 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 40 times
well this is certainly an interesting topic, but do we know definitively if this company is in compliance or not?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:44 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

The problem comes when there is so much information available on the internet that informs people that certain items are or may not be legit, when a person has been informed then it is no longer a matter of "unknowingly" it now becomes a matter of complicity.

With the issue of NT, AH, DK, Pioneer, etc. unless a legitimate manufacturer purchases the brand there is no one who will really come after the end user, but that has already been done in the case of SGB so it may very well happen with some of the others as well.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:48 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

simpmech wrote:
well this is certainly an interesting topic, but do we know definitively if this company is in compliance or not?

NT folded almost as soon as it started! It hasn't been a viable company in years and they never produced any SCDGs. I believe they produced a set of 60 or maybe 62 disc (I would have to dig a set out and look) I think it was the first 30 disc that were done in both red and blue (the blue disc were multiplex)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:53 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

simpmech wrote:

I do not believe that Nu-Tech was ever legal to begin with. Again, when they first started they were sued by Pioneer & Sound Choice for copping their music tracks & adding their own videos & swipes to them.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:26 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
Lonman wrote:
simpmech wrote:

I do not believe that Nu-Tech was ever legal to begin with. Again, when they first started they were sued by Pioneer & Sound Choice for copping their music tracks & adding their own videos & swipes to them.

well theres some neat history you don't find anywhere.
i understand a few others did the same thing with different manus stuff.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:01 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 59 times
Lon, I whole heartedly support your anti-piracy stance. Just tonight, I had a guy come in telling the bartender that he has 30,000 songs and later he told me he runs PCDJ. You and I both know that he is probably a pirate!

There are so many issues surrounding the legalities of this manu and that manu. Even Chartbuster - they put out SCDGs of their Essentials 1-6 and will not acknowledge it pretty much whatsoever. I will continue to buy these SCDGs as long as they are available and I need them. I just know that if there were an issue that I needed to worry about, then we would be reading about them because there is NO WAY Chartbuster would sit back and allow their music to be sold on the OPEN market if it were pirated material. As I said in another thread, one Ebay seller told me that the wholesale supply of these SCDGs has been exhausted and that they will no longer be available once his current stock has itself been exhausted.

If what you say about "stolen material" is true, then every karaoke host should then rid themsleves of every Top Hits Monthly or Panorama CDG that they have or face prosecution. We all know that isn't going to happen and therefore, without precedent, nor will I rid myself of my NuTech or CB SCDGs.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:16 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

TroyVnd27 wrote:
Lon, I whole heartedly support your anti-piracy stance. Just tonight, I had a guy come in telling the bartender that he has 30,000 songs and later he told me he runs PCDJ. You and I both know that he is probably a pirate!

There are so many issues surrounding the legalities of this manu and that manu. Even Chartbuster - they put out SCDGs of their Essentials 1-6 and will not acknowledge it pretty much whatsoever. I will continue to buy these SCDGs as long as they are available and I need them. I just know that if there were an issue that I needed to worry about, then we would be reading about them because there is NO WAY Chartbuster would sit back and allow their music to be sold on the OPEN market if it were pirated material. As I said in another thread, one Ebay seller told me that the wholesale supply of these SCDGs has been exhausted and that they will no longer be available once his current stock has itself been exhausted.

If what you say about "stolen material" is true, then every karaoke host should then rid themsleves of every Top Hits Monthly or Panorama CDG that they have or face prosecution. We all know that isn't going to happen and therefore, without precedent, nor will I rid myself of my NuTech or CB SCDGs.

Troy,

Actually, Chartbuster has addressed the SCDG issue and they even said themselves that they had authorized a certain number of SCDG sets for sale for the CAVS player systems, someone else has since been producing them and Chartbuster has been going after them. They also said that they would work with those who had purcased them unknowingly.
NT, I don't think you really have to worry about anyway.

As long as you have the disc the manus will work with you with no problems but we discovered at the audits that the Chartbuster SCDGs were bootleg. None of the manufacturers are after any KJs who have the disc behind what they are using on the computer, they are after the ones who don't.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:23 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 610 times
TroyVnd27 wrote:
Just tonight, I had a guy come in telling the bartender that he has 30,000 songs and later he told me he runs PCDJ. You and I both know that he is probably a pirate!

30,000 isn't that hard a number to legitimately achieve. It's the guys promoting the 6-Digit libraries that raise my eyebrows.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:57 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 334 times
Lonman wrote:
simpmech wrote:

First, I wish to compliment you on on your phrase "Pantload of dribble" - helluva visual.... :lol:

Just a very slight correction- or actually a clarification:

Nutech, aka SAV, aka Nikkodo, was actually one of the original karaoke producers. While they may have been sued, they have been around a LOT longer than SC ( Though Pioneer was right there with them).

Anyway, I agree that most of their stuff has dribbled from the pants, though I actually love their version of the Cascades' "Rythm Of The Rain".

" Disc based and loving it..."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:44 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

TroyVnd27 wrote:
Even Chartbuster - they put out SCDGs of their Essentials 1-6 and will not acknowledge it pretty much whatsoever. I will continue to buy these SCDGs as long as they are available and I need them.

They never denied ever putting out SCDG. They have admitted it somewhere in this forum at one time within the last couple months, however they did state it was not very long lived & THEY have not authorized any more SCDG copies of their Essential libraies for a few years now. So anything produced today would be considered a bootleg in their eyes.