KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Chartbuster on Ebay Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Chartbuster on Ebay
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:02 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 59 times
I have known for a long time that buying music from Ebay is often the way to go, instead of going directly to a manu's website. The price is almost always much lower, but you do run the risk of buying a pirated disk, especially if you are buying DK, SGB, or any other discontinued manu's disks.

But, why is that?

There is a store right now offering CB disks 25% lower than CD is offering on their website. http://cgi.ebay.com/CHARTBUSTER-KARAOKE ... 256013465d

And they are far from the only ones. On average, I'd say that Ebay sellers sell at 10-15% lower than the manus - and I am not talking about small time Ebayers - I'm talking about the biggest karaoke sellers on Ebay.

I'd rather buy directly from CB to ensure authenticity, but until I get burned, I will continue to buy from Ebay.

Maybe CB should offer discounts to KJs who subscribe to their monthly releases. If their prices were more in line with Ebay, I'd definitely buy direct.

I guess I just felt like griping.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject: Re: Chartbuster on Ebay
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:31 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 2 times
I bought the 2010 Chartbuster Country & Pop Vol 1 for $42 and the Country & Pop Vol 2 for $50 on E-bay. They were new, shrinkwrapped and look authentic. Chartbuster must give very good prices to their retailers for them to be selling them for these prices and still make money. My guess is that Chartbuster is selling them at 70-100% over cost on their website.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:20 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
best price, great service, the real thing

http://stores.ebay.com/cheap-karaoke-dude?_rdc=1

Mojo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:12 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
As long as they are true originals, I have no problems buying off of ebay, do it often - usually for used discs that are getting harder to find in the retail pipeline.
Unfortunately it's those sales that look legit that aren't legal like all the SCDG discs that were never legal nor authorized in the first place (like the ones Harpmen stated he bought in another thread). This could open an unsuspecting kj up to the lawsuits by SC, CB & whatever else company that may decide to join in as these are no different than using an illegal hard drive except that they look real.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:57 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 309 times
Remember manufacturers (of anything) sell to retailers at wholesale prices and to customers at retail price. As most should know it is due to volume. Whereas a retailer normally buy in quantity, the normal consumer does not.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:03 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

In the Super CDGs thread DannyG2006 said "I was at the same meet up and this is what they told me: They aren't going to hold it against the end user as they bought it in good faith. The rub comes in if you knew they were illegal before you bought them. I don't know what the other person was talking about because they never told me I had to delete my copies. I have one set of the supercdg's."

I bought the SCDGs in good faith. I had no reason to suspect they were unauthorized as they are made by the same manufacturer as the authorized ones were. For all I know, they could be New Old Stock.

There are occasionally sellers on e-Bay who offer burned SCDGs which are obviously copies. Now that is the same as selling loaded hard drives in my opinion and I stay away from them.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:07 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

But the rub is Danny now knows & deleted those files and bought legit discs to replace them.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:14 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 146 times
A few weeks ago I purchased 50 shrink wrapped PHM cdgs. After going thru my library, I already had 17 of the disks. But the price was right!

So I ended up with 33 disks and 297 songs that I did not have before. Free shipping, auction price was $51.

Of course these aren't for songs that are on the charts now, they were from 98 to 07. But hey, let's not let everyone know about this great method of buying music!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:52 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 81 times
I'm with Ripman, earlier last year I picked up 250 assorted Top Hits Monthly discs for $100 and $30 shipping. They were all in their original shrink wrap and most still had price tags on them.

At .52 cents a disc (2250 titles not counting the vocal tracks) it was a cheap way to fill in a lot of holes in the library. If you're careful there are some real good buys out there and it's possible to build up a large library without spending an arm and a leg.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:01 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 5 times
I bought a few sets from cheap karaoke dude, good experiences so far (I did have one defective disk in my last set that took a couple weeks to resolve)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:41 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 146 times
KarenB @ Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:52 pm wrote:
I'm with Ripman, earlier last year I picked up 250 assorted Top Hits Monthly discs for $100 and $30 shipping. They were all in their original shrink wrap and most still had price tags on them.

At .52 cents a disc (2250 titles not counting the vocal tracks) it was a cheap way to fill in a lot of holes in the library. If you're careful there are some real good buys out there and it's possible to build up a large library without spending an arm and a leg.

These two had price stickers on them, usually $19.99 but a few with $25.99. I would venture to guess out of my entire collection I have gotten 95% from eBay. Even bough the foundations, bricks and essentials there.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:51 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Quote:
But the rub is Danny now knows & deleted those files and bought legit discs to replace them.

Danny deleted the files and Chartbuster replaced them for free.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:57 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

harpman @ Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:51 am wrote:
Quote:

Danny deleted the files and Chartbuster replaced them for free.
Afterward, he was going to delete them anyway & replace/rebuy before they made that offer to replace.
The good faith thing is only going to go for so long I think. I can see it now, I bought this hard drive in "good faith" from a reputable dealer on ebay, I always check feedback ratings & he had 100% so he must be ok. I didn't know I couldn't buy $1000's of music for pennies on the dollar.