KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - I just reported all the pirates to my city council Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:42 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 160 times
It seems to me that the Karaoke Manufacturers that are doing all of the investigations are using their logo as the item that they are filing law suits over. It would seem to me that a pirate KJ would only have to prove that he or she owns just one single Sound Choice disc to show the Sound Choice logo on his screen. The logo is the same on every disc and once you pay for it once, how can Sound Choice or Chartbuster file a law suit against you for displaying a logo that you already paid for? They don't produce a new logo for each and every song that they produce so you should only have to show them ONE ORIGINAL SOUND CHOICE disc to make them leave you alone. REMEMBER!!! Thay are not filing law suits about song titles. They are filing law suits about using their LOGO based on copyright infringement. Can they tell the difference between their logo from one disc to another??? They all look the same to me. When a bar or restaurant puts a Budweiser sign in the window, they don't need a sign for each bottle of beer they sell. They just need ONE SIGN. I've seen that a few places that I sing at are removing all of their Sound Choice and Chartbuster songs from their books. I got stuck singing a Sunfly version of a song the other night because the KJ wouldn't play the Sound Choice version that I used to sing it from. KJ said that he doesn't want to deal with Pop Hits or Chartbusters so he won't be buying any new discs and he won't play any customer discs either if they are PHM or CB. I guess there is no longer a reason for me to buy them either if I can't use them anywhere but in my house. What's the point of buying a disc to learn a new song if the KJ's are too afraid to play them at their shows?

Way to go Sound Choice!!! I guess since SC has no plans on making any new music; it doesn't really affect their bottom line if people no longer want to buy karaoke discs from them. I brought an original Sound Choice disc(SC2336) to a show and the KJ refused to play it. I wonder if Sound Choice is willing to reimburse me for a disc that I can no longer take to a show and sing from??? I guess I'll just have to buy more instrumental tracks from Karaoke Version and make my own CDG tracks with no logos on them so no one can file a law suit against me for wanting to sing a song in a bar.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:38 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 33 times
Little update on this..

A few councilmembers have visited my show. One of them came 2 weeks in a row. I gave him VIP access to our system (put his iphone on our wifi, and let him use the web based song entry interface for free) He was saying he was going to bring his ipad next time.

Whispers going on in the city though is that this is a revenue generator, and the thought is to charge DJ/KJ's a fee per song they play.

Question is, are they going to use the funds collected to actually audit systems. I hope so.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:14 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 3 times
BruceFan4Life @ Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:42 pm wrote:
Can they tell the difference between their logo from one disc to another???

Depends on your take Bruce.
Does size matter?

And some words underneath?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:51 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 309 times
Bruce, each time it appears is a violation whether it's the same or not. Similar to playing the same song or money for pay. Each time it plays is a violation. If you want to know about Trademark and Copyright law, talk to the experts - DISNEY. They go after everyone possible, including schools. We had an elementary school here that had an outside wall mural with various cartoon characters including Disney. It took a few years but Disney found out and soon after the Disney characters disappeared.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:39 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 3 times
timberlea @ Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:51 am wrote:
DISNEY. They go after everyone possible, including schools. We had an elementary school here that had an outside wall mural with various cartoon characters including Disney. It took a few years but Disney found out and soon after the Disney characters disappeared.

Nasty Disney. BOOOOO