KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - New Piracy Forum? Yes!!! Thank you Phill! Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:59 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 122 times
Once again. piracy is the dominant topic on the board. It is beginning to resemble the last phase of the Jolt Forum, which ended with one incredibly long and vitriolic thread that lasted for a long time with no other discussions on the forum.

Perhaps my worry is unjustified, as this forum was here to draw traffic from the Jolt. But it is getting nasty around here, IMHO.

Can we *please* set up a separate discussion area for piracy-related topics, to get them out of the karaoke discussion forum?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:07 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
The KJ forum can be used for such percussion; I may just move all those threads there.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:53 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
Actually JOLT died for a completely different reason, none of which were the reason of discussions.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:16 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
Lonman @ Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:53 am wrote:
Actually JOLT died for a completely different reason, none of which were the reason of discussions.

Thank you Lonnie.... Being an old JOLTer, I hate when people assume things about JOLT that aren't true.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:05 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 160 times
JOLT died of boredom.....IMHO

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:19 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 46 times
I will say this. If you move the discussions to the KJ forum, once again, those that are not KJs will no longer be able to participate, effectively censoring them. (And allowing non KJs into the KJ forum makes no sense, either. Might as well just open it to the public if that's the case).
And the down side if you move the threads is that they will remain hidden and do no good to new people coming in or those that lurk.
Like it or not, they ARE educational to the general public. You may not like the arguing and the dissension, but there are valid point in all those threads from BOTH sides of the arguments that are most valuable as a teaching tool.
When you censor them, that value is lost.
As for Jolt, I was not a member, but I really can't see that a topic or discussion about it would "kill" a forum. There must have been something else critically wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:16 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

I do not understand the resistance to just creating a new public forum. It is a one-minute job. Not even two or five minutes. One minute.

If it was karaoke, it would be one thing. But the topic is entertainment law.

If people would be polite enough to start such topics in the lounge, that would work too.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:29 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 46 times
Agree that there should be perhaps another category, but make it open to ALL.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:03 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 294 times
For me, it's not the topic but how the topic is discussed. That would apply to any topic. I can ignore the ones I don't like. But I do tend to forget to check the forums other than Karaoke and Tech, even though I can access them.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:22 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 2 times
I'm going to side with mckyj57 on this.. with all the facets of piracy, why not give the issue its own section.

I wouldn't put it in a 'KJ Only' section for the reasons diafel mentioned.. although, I highly doubt the garden variety karaoke singer gives a crap if the KJ is running a bootleg show or not, any more than they care if you downloaded your version of the Cupid Shuffle from Limewire or iTunes.

But they should be afforded the opportunity to voice an opinion on the subject if they so choose.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:28 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 53 times
mckyj57 @ Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:16 am wrote:
I do not understand the resistance to just creating a new public forum. It is a one-minute job. Not even two or five minutes. One minute.

If it was karaoke, it would be one thing. But the topic is entertainment law.

If people would be polite enough to start such topics in the lounge, that would work too.
I second that. Make a new forum for those threads. I'm really getting tired of them, too

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:44 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 629 times
The only problem I see is that it doen't matter what the op's topic or question is...there are some on here that want to twist and turn every discussion thread into a piracy debate...they are the cancer here on this forum, not the piracy topic.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:44 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

RLC @ Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:44 pm wrote:
The only problem I see is that it doen't matter what the op's topic or question is...there are some on here that want to twist and turn every discussion thread into a piracy debate...they are the cancer here on this forum, not the piracy topic.

Then there's a quick answer -- take it to the "Entertainment Law" forum.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:36 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 3 times
mckyj57 @ Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:59 am wrote:
Once again. piracy is the dominant topic on the board. It is beginning to resemble the last phase of the Jolt Forum, which ended with one incredibly long and vitriolic thread that lasted for a long time with no other discussions on the forum.

Perhaps my worry is unjustified, as this forum was here to draw traffic from the Jolt. But it is getting nasty around here, IMHO.

Can we *please* set up a separate discussion area for piracy-related topics, to get them out of the karaoke discussion forum?

Mate.
Think you are very passionate.
And paranoid.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:30 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 20 times
I agree with RLC on this one. I can dodge the piracy threads, but SOME on this forum have a NEED to inject the piracy controversy into EVERY thread they get a chance to. It's like they have NO interest in KARAOKE, just about how much of their PERCEIVED knowledge of the law they can SHARE. We ALL know that piracy exists, and will continue to exist, until a LAW is passed. EVERYTHING being put on these threads is pure speculation. It's like playing Scrabble with someone who puts up a word that is QUESTIONABLE, and there's no dictionary to be found. The discussion of whether it is right or wrong is going to be argued until someone gets a dictionary, (and with SOME), that's not even proof. SO, my request is if you want to talk about PIRACY, have at it, but just keep it to the PIRACY thread. Thanks!!!

Rosario

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:31 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

jerry12x @ Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:36 pm wrote:
mckyj57 @ Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:59 am wrote:

Mate.
Think you are very passionate.
And paranoid.

No, I just want to be able to come here and not spend all my time dodging a topic with lots of uninformed speculation and more than its share of rancor.

Eventually I will leave if that becomes too burdensome, as I believe some have already left.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:15 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

as a newbie I thought it was only my imagination. but after having posted a tech question it seems as though I am being lumped as a pirate and have to answer the ghestapo questions in order to get help. if no one wants to help then fine don't answer. but why treat me like i am a pirate without even knowing me.....sheesh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:27 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

The people who say "just ignore the ones you don't want to read" must be the same ones who said "just hit delete" when it came to spam. The problem is what we call signal-to-noise ratio. When you have to dodge noise, it is not only more difficult to hear the parts you want to hear it is wearisome. And people react to wearisome by not coming back. No, not all at once. No, not everyone. But it is like in boxing -- knockout by face cuts.

And you will miss things that you don't want to miss by falsely categorizing a topic as something you want to avoid.

It doesn't seem like it's only me who is bothered by it. So in any case

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:46 pm 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
Lonman @ Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:53 pm wrote:

I'm sure Jolt died because they (Jolt Members) thought I was Jimmy C.. :shock:

I had never seen so much/many anger/idiocy/control freak arsewipes anywhere on the interwebtubes.

I'm just sayin'

Eff Jolt and those that refused to correctly moderate it..

Your mileage may vary.. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:46 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

No I don't think you are the only one that is bothered by it. I am a newbe and therefore I know I don't really count but my two cents should count somehow. I truly thought about writing this forum off. the problem is I don't see a lot of choices as far as forums are concerned that deal with karaoke. I came back to try and see if there were any good words to my question. we so far not but there is still hope. I will be keeping an eye out here but I doubt I'll post much as I really don't want to be accused of anything. thanks for your time.