KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Sound Choice files 2 new suits Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:57 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
diafel wrote:
Let me be clear. I personally happen to think anyone, including Thunder is entitled to think what they want, even if it opposes my views.
What some of us are up in arms about is the fact that not only has Thunder outright and directly called people pirates without any basis in fact, but he continues to insinuate the same about many others. He just did it in his last post to karaoke for food by calling him Nigel.
And then, to top it all off, after he was banned from another forum for his trolling, he showed up here under another several other identities and continued his trolling behavior.
He continually baits people trying to get them into a fight. It's downright nasty behavior and to be honest, I'm pretty sick of it as I'm sure others are. It's becoming pretty intolerable.

OK diafel, if we are going to be honest, then let's all be honest, I was not "banned" from the other site I asked Dan to remove me from it, and he did as I requested! I showed up here under one "Identity" and the only post I was making were concerning the law as written, I was calling no one a pirate when I came here, yet you, Joe, Chip, and a few others here decided that you thought it could be Thunder, so the group of you decided to "out" me.

Well now you have!

Nigel has posted under at least 12 different names on various boards including this one, Does my "calling out" karaoke for food seem somehow different to you than you and your group calling out Virgin Karaoke?

Trolling? If what I do is trolling then exactly what do you call what Joe, Chip and yourself do, "public service"?

So everyone wants to move on and just discuss the issues, great then let's do just that and leave the personal stuff out of it from all sides. Everyone wants to be perfectly honest about who, what and where we are, great let's all do that too, no more hiding behind fake names on this site!

Not only do some here whine and cry about every post I make regardless of what it is about (it seems some here have the ability to read a whole lot between the lines LOL) Some have even started a thread to have me banned, exactly what is "trolling"!

So, do we want perfect harmony? Then let's make it happen!

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:55 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 334 times
diafel wrote:
karaoke for food, thanks for you support. It's much appreciated.

Ditto doubled. I wish they had "Thank" buttons here..

" Disc based and loving it..."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:59 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

c. staley wrote:

1) Wasn't it cheerleader Jennifer Price that used the terms "STRONGARM" & "MOB TACTICS when it comes to being contacted by SC's attorneys?"

2) Besides, when it comes to new music, I don't believe that SC is keeping up with the times, are you?

1) Note: Yes it was.

2) I've been wondering about this. What do the " SC is the one and only" folks do for new music? What previously referred to as "crappy" brands are they buying for new pop????

" Pray that your words be soft and sweet, for tomorrow you may have to eat them..." :lol: 8)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:09 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

karaoke for food..... wrote:
..... i have been doing karaoke longer then you've been alive i bet. I was doing karaoke back when all we had were cassettes, and i made cards to give to drunks to sing from.

Hellllllooooooo, my brother! Me too, except I had lyric sheets in a lot of cases supplied with the tapes- only rarely had to write up my own. I made mimeographs ( yup, I had a second-hand cranker prior to my copy machine) for use. Dragged around an all-in-one to Lions club dinners and such even before doing bars!

We kindred ROCK!

Last edited by JoeChartreuse on Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:16 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Thunder wrote:

......Yes Nigel you may be correct!

Aw man.....He's "Nigel" too, huh? Have you ever read the 7% solution? :roll: Moriarity, I presume? :lol: :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:25 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

BTW, in fairness to Thunder ( though at this point I don't know why I should be)- I DO think I remember seeing Dan post something about Thunder asking for an account deletion. However, I believe after being outed for his falsehoods regarding the SC meeting, I think it was due to embarrassment/credibility loss. IMHO, of course- but the timing matches.

Last edited by JoeChartreuse on Tue May 17, 2011 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:31 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 46 times
Thunder wrote:
OK diafel, if we are going to be honest, then let's all be honest, I was not "banned" from the other site I asked Dan to remove me from it, and he did as I requested!

Ummm, yes you were banned! And on several occasions, to boot. The fact that you finally asked for your membership to be removed on the last banning means nothing (except that maybe you were having a childish temper tantrum about it and as Joe said, were embarrassed because of your lies regarding the SC meeting), but many of us were glad to see you go since much of the bickering that you started dissipated with your removal. Were it not for that small fact, I would have actually been sad to see you go.
As for "outing" whom you refer to as "Nigel", I call bull. What proof do you have that he is this guy you claim him to be? Because he disagrees with you? Have you looked at how long he's been a member? Since April 30th 2007. I've been a member here since Dec 16th, 2007. How do you know I'm not this "Nigel"?
You can hardly compare your hiding behind identities with that, since you did it simply to troll and cause trouble and strife with the members here and those who outed you actually had the evidence to back it up. Not exactly the same thing as what you do at all. You have a guess, based on nothing more than thin air and the fact that the guy disagrees with you and calls you on your bull$h!t. That and you call us pirates directly and insinuate at it when you don't.
Like Joe said, you do have much to contribute. It's just too bad that you ruin it by your constant trolling.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:39 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
As I recall, Thunder WAS banned and because he was, he then and only then, (at the onset of the ban) requested Dan to delete his account since he was unable to have that ban lifted.

The really ironic part of all this is that Thunder was the person that recommended the banning system to start with....

cracks me up!

And if he claims he's (again) so innocent, he has yet to answer my request for proof since he once again blatantly called me a pirate in January.

So C'mon Thunder, put your proof (not hearsay) where your mouth is.... I'm still waiting.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:56 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

As I said do we want to discuss the issues and leave the personal things out of this or not, the ball is in your court!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:17 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 118 times
Thunder wrote:
As I said do we want to discuss the issues and leave the personal things out of this or not, the ball is in your court!

I've been very quiet watching you hang yourself, Thunder, but your bull**** is precisely why I stopped posting on the other forum.

This is what you do, Thunder...call out everyone and their brother as pirates, stir up a bunch of crap, and then when you're called on it, you throw your hands up in the air and say, "Let's leave all the personal stuff out of it." You're the one that brought the personal stuff in it in the first place, Thunder. You called Chip, and therefore me by association, a pirate. He has asked you to substantiate that claim. Plain and simple...either show us your evidence (without claiming that Chip admitted that he was on another board years ago, because that is utter crap), or publically apologize and tell everyone here you made it up (because you did). Those are your two choices. Of course I fully expect you to do neither, because you have absolutely no honor. So what'll it be, Thunder?

Birdofsong

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:34 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

birdofsong wrote:
Thunder wrote:

I've been very quiet watching you hang yourself, Thunder, but your bull**** is precisely why I stopped posting on the other forum.

This is what you do, Thunder...call out everyone and their brother as pirates, stir up a bunch of crap, and then when you're called on it, you throw your hands up in the air and say, "Let's leave all the personal stuff out of it." You're the one that brought the personal stuff in it in the first place, Thunder. You called Chip, and therefore me by association, a pirate. He has asked you to substantiate that claim. Plain and simple...either show us your evidence (without claiming that Chip admitted that he was on another board years ago, because that is utter crap), or publically apologize and tell everyone here you made it up (because you did). Those are your two choices. Of course I fully expect you to do neither, because you have absolutely no honor. So what'll it be, Thunder?

Birdofsong

HMMMMMMMMMMMM, You were posting on the "other site" the day I got banned, after I leave you stop posting because of me? Sorry that doesn't make much sense to me nor should it to anyone else!

The "leave the personal stuff out of it", is and was Diafel's suggestion not mine, I was simply agreeing to do so, if that is what she wanted, apparently it really isn't.

To be honest, I don't believe any longer that Chip is operating as a pirate. Now do you feel better?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:16 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Thunder wrote:
The "leave the personal stuff out of it", is and was Diafel's suggestion not mine, I was simply agreeing to do so, if that is what she wanted, apparently it really isn't.

To be honest, I don't believe any longer that Chip is operating as a pirate. Now do you feel better?

You're kidding me, right?
NOW you want to leave the personal stuff out of it, after you've stirred the pot beyond repair?
You've got a ton of nerve, I'll give you that. You poke and stir and cause havoc, but you wait until you've got everyone in a stir and NOW you want to take my suggestion?
Sorry, Charlie, but that one was on a time limit with conditions, those being that I wasn't going to sit around and take your crap for ages and ages and then accept the truce when it's convenient only for you.
Perhaps you want to take the wilted, dried up olive branch now because you know darn well that what you're spouting is garbage and you've been caught out once again, with no way to back out and not look more the fool you really are (here's a hint for you: IT'S TOO LATE!).
The horses are already out of the barn and you want to shut the door. Good for you!
Fly at it, but I must insist: you first!

PS: Welcome back, Bird. I've missed you and I hope your stay isn't momentary.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:20 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thunder wrote:

Since you spent about two years hurling accusations at both of us, no, I don't particularly feel better. So please tell me what changed since January when you stated unequivocally and with no hesitation that he was a pirate. Is it that you no longer feel he ever was a pirate -- or is it simply that you feel that he currently isn't. I am well familiar with your word games, and I am aware that the statement you made above is most likely not what it seems.

I'm at the edge of my seat waiting for clarification.

Birdofsong

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:31 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

birdofsong wrote:
Thunder wrote:

Since you spent about two years hurling accusations at both of us, no, I don't particularly feel better. So please tell me what changed since January when you stated unequivocally and with no hesitation that he was a pirate. Is it that you no longer feel he ever was a pirate -- or is it simply that you feel that he currently isn't. I am well familiar with your word games, and I am aware that the statement you made above is most likely not what it seems.

Birdofsong

Sorry I can't go into it, I got a warning from the admin for saying what you have qouted above, so I could get banned for clarifying it!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:16 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thunder wrote:
birdofsong wrote:
Thunder wrote:

Birdofsong

Sorry I can't go into it, I got a warning from the admin for saying what you have qouted above, so I could get banned for clarifying it!

How convenient.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:41 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 7 times
Well, if all else fails, you can always go back on the Sound Choice forums and accuse everyone here of being Pro-Piracy like when you left Big Dan's board.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:05 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
c. staley wrote:
Sevarin wrote:
The whole "SC Pirate Hunt" is NOT(!) making pirates disappear. All they do is offer those pirates a settlement and continue with their business as usual. On top those settlements are a joke compared to what honest KJ's payed altogether for those songs on disks. That was already discussed here several times.

Somebody mail this man a ceegar!

SC said long ago that their interest is simply to "turn pirates into customers" and what a hell of a financed discount they offer as well.

And I know this has been said before (by others), but I'll chime in on this point too......

I know of several KJs that recently received letters from SC and that other firm (name escapes me right now, but you all know what I'm talking about) regarding an agreement to have an Audit or purchase their GEM series. These same KJs now have Certificates of Authenticity (BIG WHOOPED-DI-DOO), and all they did was purchase the GEM series from SC. They have NOT cleared their Hard Drives of the songs they had before the threat, and noone has bothered to follow up and enforce that (which is what I believe SC should be doing).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:23 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
cueball wrote:
And I know this has been said before (by others), but I'll chime in on this point too......

I know of several KJs that recently received letters from SC and that other firm (name escapes me right now, but you all know what I'm talking about) regarding an agreement to have an Audit or purchase their GEM series. These same KJs now have Certificates of Authenticity (BIG WHOOPED-DI-DOO), and all they did was purchase the GEM series from SC. They have NOT cleared their Hard Drives of the songs they had before the threat, and noone has bothered to follow up and enforce that (which is what I believe SC should be doing).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:32 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

c. staley wrote:
As I recall, Thunder WAS banned and because he was, he then and only then, (at the onset of the ban) requested Dan to delete his account since he was unable to have that ban lifted.

The really ironic part of all this is that Thunder was the person that recommended the banning system to start with....

Well, yeah. He probably held the record for temporary bans. I just meant that Dan said something about his requesting account deletion at the end.

In other words he was banned often for his posts, but he may not have been banned permanently at the end- he may have quit on his own.

Either way, it got peaceful and fun again at the after his departure- unfortunately too late for the forum... The new location doesn't do it for me...

Last edited by JoeChartreuse on Tue May 17, 2011 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:10 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

JoeChartreuse wrote:
Either way, it got peaceful and fun again at the after his departure

Funny that!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next