KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - I Don't Think SC Gets It Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:32 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
Thunder wrote:
timberlea wrote:
Moose burgers, droooooolll.

LOL Moose, Elk and Deer properly prepared is great eating!

:D You ought to know I've never tasted any of it, and as far a the young not eating anything and filling up booze, I just hope they don't up it into your speakers or amp.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:36 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
Thunder wrote:
timberlea wrote:

:D You ought to know I've never tasted any of it, and as far a the young not eating anything and filling up booze, I just hope they don't up it into your speakers or amp.

Never had that happen in 20 years. Although one member here (that doesn't post very much anymore - Babs) had it happen to her stage once.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:41 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Lonman wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:
Thunder wrote:
timberlea wrote:

Never had that happen in 20 years. Although one member here (that doesn't post very much anymore - Babs) had it happen to her stage once.

:shock: That would delay the show for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:49 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Lonman wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:
Thunder wrote:
timberlea wrote:

In business 10 years & never had it happen. I have strict rules on bringing liquids near my equipment.

I even hang up signs on the rig that I just point to when people approach with drinks so when the music is loud they don't think I'm pi$$ed at them if I have to yell! LOL

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:01 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Wall Of Sound wrote:

In business 10 years & never had it happen. I have strict rules on bringing liquids near my equipment.

I even hang up signs on the rig that I just point to when people approach with drinks so when the music is loud they don't think I'm pi$$ed at them if I have to yell! LOL

:shock: It wouldn't be in a container you could see, I was talking about them emptying the contents of their night out on the town stomach into your equipment. Plain now!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:30 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
Wall Of Sound wrote:

:shock: It wouldn't be in a container you could see, I was talking about them emptying the contents of their night out on the town stomach into your equipment. Plain now!

You really haven't hosted very long have you?

I have been working the KJ stage since the mid 80's and not once have I ever seen this occur and most of my shows have been in those "hard drinking college venues. I also seem to have this uncanny ability to see when someone is extreemly intoxicated (to the trained eye you will notice a slight stagger in their walk and a very distant inability to speak clearly of course falling over when trying to stand is a subtle sign as well) and these people will never make it to my stage to do any projectile vomiting!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:45 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Well it is a quarter to seven I have to get ready to go to one of those horrible bars filled with puking and gagging 20 somethings who aren't spending any money so the owners can pay me another $250 for a show where he doesn't make any money just like he has been doing every week for the past nine years. It must be such an ordeal for them! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:59 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Thunder wrote:
Well it is a quarter to seven I have to get ready to go to one of those horrible bars filled with puking and gagging 20 somethings who aren't spending any money so the owners can pay me another $250 for a show where he doesn't make any money just like he has been doing every week for the past nine years. It must be such an ordeal for them! :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: Is that all your making? does that include your dinner and free parking?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:00 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Thunder wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:
Wall Of Sound wrote:

You really haven't hosted very long have you?

I have been working the KJ stage since the mid 80's and not once have I ever seen this occur and most of my shows have been in those "hard drinking college venues. I also seem to have this uncanny ability to see when someone is extreemly intoxicated (to the trained eye you will notice a slight stagger in their walk and a very distant inability to speak clearly of course falling over when trying to stand is a subtle sign as well) and these people will never make it to my stage to do any projectile vomiting!

:mrgreen: Never say never!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:45 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
Thunder wrote:

:mrgreen: Is that all your making? does that include your dinner and free parking?

Wish I could make that much around here. One is lucky anymore to find a place willing to pay $150 per night - and that is HIGH end of the scale.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:13 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 307 times
I was at a show about three years ago when a guy on stage started vomiting, dropped the mic and ran the length of the bar to the restroom on the other end. With his hands over his mouth trying to hold it in, he left a trail that went from the stage to the bathroom, all over the bathroom door, all over the wall and floor leading to the toilets and had nothing left for the toilet.

When my turn to sing came very shortly afterward, I changed my song to: "Hold Your Head Up" by Argent.

And if they stare
Just let them burn their eyes on you moving
And if they shout
Don't let them change a thing that you're doing
Hold your head up, hold your head up
Hold your head up, hold your head high

I'll bet there's enough vomit stories here to fill a whole thread easily if the queasy could handle the retelling.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:29 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
Thunder wrote:

To be honest I haven't had to pay for a meal or a drink or parking at any bar or restaurant anywhere in my area for myself of anyone who I take with me in at least 15 years and that is at a show or just going out to eat with a friend or family member! :mrgreen:

And yes that is all I charge locally, when I was doing longer distances I charged more.

Are you still doing those $50 Moose and VFW gigs, when you can get them?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:37 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

earthling12357 wrote:
I was at a show about three years ago when a guy on stage started vomiting, dropped the mic and ran the length of the bar to the restroom on the other end. With his hands over his mouth trying to hold it in, he left a trail that went from the stage to the bathroom, all over the bathroom door, all over the wall and floor leading to the toilets and had nothing left for the toilet.

When my turn to sing came very shortly afterward, I changed my song to: "Hold Your Head Up" by Argent.

And if they stare
And if they shout

I'll bet there's enough vomit stories here to fill a whole thread easily if the queasy could handle the retelling.

I am not saying I haven't seen the vomiters, but I can generally tell when someone is to drunk to be allowed on stage. when I was doing a show in Williamsburg (at a very upscale Hotel bar and restaurant, I had a front row seat watching one of those baby boomers that Brian is so proud of projectile vomit the full length of the table of twelve he was sitting at the head of. I had tried to tell the bartender to cut him off because he had become loud and obnoxious over an hour earlier (cat calling and telling the singers to get off the stage etc.) but the server continued to bring him drinks. It was true justice though. LOL

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:14 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Thunder wrote:
earthling12357 wrote:

And if they stare
And if they shout

I am not saying I haven't seen the vomiters, but I can generally tell when someone is to drunk to be allowed on stage.

I have seen them as well, but always in the audience. Never had a personal experience on stage (20 years/7 nights). If the appear too drunk to function, they do not get on stage!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:50 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Thunder wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:
Thunder wrote:

To be honest I haven't had to pay for a meal or a drink or parking at any bar or restaurant anywhere in my area for myself of anyone who I take with me in at least 15 years and that is at a show or just going out to eat with a friend or family member! :mrgreen:

And yes that is all I charge locally, when I was doing longer distances I charged more.

Are you still doing those $50 Moose and VFW gigs, when you can get them?

:shock: I wasn't aware that I was supposed to check my gigs with you before I played, is that another piece of the industry as a whole that you want to be in charge of. Every host has to get his jobs approved by you. Like I said were I play is my business, what I get paid is also my business. Now when someone declares you the King of Karaoke, or at least God then maybe I might take you serious, though I doubt it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:20 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
Thunder wrote:
I had tried to tell the bartender to cut him off because he had become loud and obnoxious over an hour earlier (cat calling and telling the singers to get off the stage etc.) but the server continued to bring him drinks. It was true justice though. LOL

It wasn't justice for anyone if you let him sit there and harass the singers for over an hour. It sounds like you were either too afraid, too lazy or weren't able to do anything about it.

That would never happen with me. The bozo would have been warned twice and been booted by the third comment. (three strikes)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:46 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

c. staley wrote:
Thunder wrote:
I had tried to tell the bartender to cut him off because he had become loud and obnoxious over an hour earlier (cat calling and telling the singers to get off the stage etc.) but the server continued to bring him drinks. It was true justice though. LOL

It wasn't justice for anyone if you let him sit there and harass the singers for over an hour. It sounds like you were either too afraid, too lazy or weren't able to do anything about it.

That would never happen with me. The bozo would have been warned twice and been booted by the third comment. (three strikes)

:D Thunder is a good handle for him like Shakespeare wrote "Sound and Fury signifying Nothing".

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:46 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 59 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
Thunder wrote:
timberlea wrote:

This comes from the guy that says the military taught him how to survive if the $hit hits the fan???
Never tasted some of the best meat on the planet???
Hmmm must be a vegetarian.
I have hunted, killed and brought home and eaten all of that, oh yea Antelope is very good also.

Second note: I wish I could get the $250 a night that Thunder is getting too. Lone Ranger if you are getting better than that you must be working more than the 4 or so hours most of us do, but in actuality I don't think you get anywhere near that.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:55 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
Lone Wolf wrote:
Second note: I wish I could get the $250 a night that Thunder is getting too. Lone Ranger if you are getting better than that you must be working more than the 4 or so hours most of us do, but in actuality I don't think you get anywhere near that.

I don't believe that Thunder has ever stated how LONG he plays at this club in hours.

8pm-2am?
9pm-1am?
9pm-2am?

Longer? Shorter?

I have a friend in Indiana that works until 3am....

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:14 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Lone Wolf wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:
Thunder wrote:
timberlea wrote:

This comes from the guy that says the military taught him how to survive if the $hit hits the fan???
Never tasted some of the best meat on the planet???
Hmmm must be a vegetarian.
I have hunted, killed and brought home and eaten all of that, oh yea Antelope is very good also.

:roll: You can believe what you want to, your thoughts at least are still your own, since a group of citizens are still willing to watch out for the rest of you. My personal finances and business practices are my business, I will tell you this. I have a green Irish hat that I set out, quite often I have 20.00 tips in it, quite often I make a $100.00 a night in tips. That is in addition to the money paid by the particular venue. I will have met all my earning goals by October, and I'm completely booked until then, when I start my Octoberfest Season. Finishing with a Halloween party, for that month. I'm not a vegetarian, I like a good steak as much as anyone, and still have the teeth to chew it. I just think with very few wild animals left, it would be better to feast on domesticated breeds. In the military you try to plan for all contingencies so if and when the (@$%&#!) happens, you are prepared not to have it all over you. It seems to me that you are a very bitter person, it is no wonder you are alone Wolfie.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next