KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - A Very Interesting Link Regarding SC Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:58 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
PM sent with information!

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:47 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 334 times
Thunder wrote:

To whom? I have received nothing.

" Disc based and loving it..."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:50 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
JoeChartreuse wrote:
Answer? YES or NO. Skip the narrative, just YES or NO.

i have been asking for that for how long now? from both of you.

Both of us? My apologies Paradigm, I guess I missed it? Ask again, and you shall receive a yes or no answer.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:32 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Quote:
The complete format/media shift policy with Chartbuster Karaoke is that in the absence of written permission to perform a media/format shift from CDG to a hard drive based system, you are subject to investigation and notification of infringement (whether by letter of intent to sue or by a notice of a suit being filed or by being served in a lawsuit).

As much as i love the folks at chartbuster, and as many times as i have eaten there, recorded in their booth, purchased disc, and sang outside at their cafe. They just don't have a legal foot to stand on, in order to even make this policy of use. I'd sure love to see it challenged, CB would loose. Any intellectual law attorney worth his salt will agree, there is no statue against "Format Shift"...none.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:18 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

karaoke for food..... wrote:
Quote:
The complete format/media shift policy with Chartbuster Karaoke is that in the absence of written permission to perform a media/format shift from CDG to a hard drive based system, you are subject to investigation and notification of infringement (whether by letter of intent to sue or by a notice of a suit being filed or by being served in a lawsuit).

As much as i love the folks at chartbuster, and as many times as i have eaten there, recorded in their booth, purchased disc, and sang outside at their cafe. They just don't have a legal foot to stand on, in order to even make this policy of use. I'd sure love to see it challenged, CB would loose. Any intellectual law attorney worth his salt will agree, there is no statue against "Format Shift"...none.

Here is some "FOOD FOR THOUGHT" they are suing for format shifting! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:06 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
they are actually not suing for format shifting, but for having the songs without discs. if you show you have the discs, no suit.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:12 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Here's some food for thought for you my friend. Please tell me the case numbers, and location, i'd like to have a good laugh. {No disrespect intended} i :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:11 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Here's some food for thought for you my friend. Please tell me the case numbers, and location, i'd like to have a good laugh. {No disrespect intended} i :D

Complete list here:

http://www.thekiaa.org/the-lawsuits.html

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:49 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
they are actually not suing for format shifting, but for having the songs without discs. if you show you have the discs, no suit.

Actually I left the n't off by accident! I know they aren't suing for format shifting! I have said it over and over again they are suing for unauthorized trademark copy and display when it comes right down to the nitty gritty.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:03 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

I was talking "Format~Shifting". There is no case law to back up chartbuster's claim for filing suit. And as much as i like those folks, they don't have a leg to stand on. I am addressing chartbuster's policy for "Format~Shifting". They clearly state they will try and sue you for it. Read it again...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:24 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I was talking "Format~Shifting". There is no case law to back up chartbuster's claim for filing suit. And as much as i like those folks, they don't have a leg to stand on. I am addressing chartbuster's policy for "Format~Shifting". They clearly state they will try and sue you for it. Read it again...

Actually it would probably serve you better to read what they are actually suing for!

http://www.thekiaa.org/images/Chartbust ... uthern.pdf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:05 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Quote:

ok you tell me. Beside copyright, and trademark infringement, which neither i'm talking about. Read what happens if you are caught "F-O-R-M-A-T~S-H-I-T-I-N-G" without their consent. It says you are subject to what?

Look...i'm not trying to be super karaoke jock here. I, like you, am just stating facts as i interpret them. And it just rubs me the wrong way to hear someone yelling you must be a theif because i don't share their views on all this. I think you owe an apology to both those posters. You haven't a clue about either one of those posters, who contribute to this forum. I learn alot from this forum, and enjoy my visits here. This forum is a tool that i use often. Either about gear, or new products, new CDG's, who not to purchase from.

But to make a broad statement, that anyone who doesn't share your views is a pirate is just over the line. I have no reason to believe either one of these posters are anything more then they present themselves to be. One is even disc based. Bravo for him, glad to see the old ways still being used.

I would really really appreciate it, if you would try to treat others' views with a little respect. I'm an old hillbilly, and shoot i could care less what others think about me. But i'm as honest as the day is long, and try to respect everyones ideas. That's my beef with sound choice, and now sadly you. I'll be darned if i will be labled a theif if i don't bow to the curiosity of the likes of sound choice, and a few others with vested interest. Give these other two posters an apology, shake hands, and agree to disagree....Oh...by the way, i'm NOT old...i'm a classic.... :D {No Disrespect Intended}

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:40 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote:

ok you tell me. Beside copyright, and trademark infringement, which neither i'm talking about. Read what happens if you are caught "F-O-R-M-A-T~S-H-I-T-I-N-G" without their consent. It says you are subject to what?

It says you are subject to a lawsuit, and the lawsuits that are filed are for trademark and or copyright infringement. Understanding that it is not the format shift itself that makes the violation it is using a copy product (without permission) that is the violation!

Look...i'm not trying to be super karaoke jock here. I, like you, am just stating facts as i interpret them. And it just rubs me the wrong way to hear someone yelling you must be a theif because i don't share their views on all this. I think you owe an apology to both those posters. You haven't a clue about either one of those posters, who contribute to this forum. I learn alot from this forum, and enjoy my visits here. This forum is a tool that i use often. Either about gear, or new products, new CDG's, who not to purchase from.

We are all just stating opinions mine just happens to be in support ofd legal KJs and the manufacturers staying in business. Unless you are saying that there is no piracy going on in the karaoke world, I don't see a purpose for the rhetoric against the manus and the legal KJs who want to see piracy slowed or stopped!

But to make a broad statement, that anyone who doesn't share your views is a pirate is just over the line. I have no reason to believe either one of these posters are anything more then they present themselves to be. One is even disc based. Bravo for him, glad to see the old ways still being used.

You are making the same type of assumptions you are accusing me of making, you don't have any more information on the facts surrounding anyone's circumstances than anyone else does. My assumptions are based on the stance that the posters make. If the stance one takes is against piracy then I look at it as at least an effort to support the fight against piracy. If the stance they take is to make suggestions on how to get around the audit process for those that have been named in a suit, or to denigrate the manus for even trying to do something about piracy/or collecting what is due them, then I consider that support for piracy but then it is just my opinion just as it is their opinion to consider everyone who supports the piracy fight to be shills for the manufacturers.

I would really really appreciate it, if you would try to treat others' views with a little respect. I'm an old hillbilly, and shoot i could care less what others think about me. But i'm as honest as the day is long, and try to respect everyones ideas. That's my beef with sound choice, and now sadly you. I'll be darned if i will be labled a theif if i don't bow to the curiosity of the likes of sound choice, and a few others with vested interest. Give these other two posters an apology, shake hands, and agree to disagree....Oh...by the way, i'm NOT old...i'm a classic.... :D {No Disrespect Intended}

Respect is earned and a two way street, and I tend to give it where it is earned, I quickly lose respect for those who show none to anyone else If you would bother to read the post including the oner you made in this thread you will see exactly what I mean. It is not about the ideas, if you are going to accuse the manus of intimidation, coercion, threatening, and simple harassment, for trying to recover their property, then what respect have you shown?

You don't have to bow to the curiosity of Sound Choice, Chartbuster, Stellar, me or anyone else, in fact no one is asking you to. Legal KJs with any intellegence are freely seeking audits without any pressure from anyone, KJs who are using pirated material with any intellegence are freely purchasing disc to get legit before they are possibly named in a suit. Again, The lawsuits the manus are filing are for using copies of their trademark without permission, and they have the right to do so by the U.S. Code, even if they file suit against a KJ (who is setup for computer use) if that KJ is 1:1 the manus will drop the suit, the intellegent thing to do is get permission from the manus and simply avoid the possiblity of a suit to begin with, it doesn't make us minions!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:23 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Thunder, Michael Handy, virgin karaoke, mick, steve or whoever you really are..this is about as amusing post as i've seen on here in the four years i've been here. You sound like a guy with great expectations, but no ability to get there..just a tad frustraded, that no one will listen to you. Your rambling rants are just so sad...i won't comment further, you are a real testimonial to yourself sir and your mentor sound choice, i'm sure they are just so proud, a real team player. Now why someone hasn't put up a statue in your honor is beyond me..i'll work on that for ya. Be of good cheer, this to shall pass. :wink:
{No disrespect is intended in this reply} :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:46 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 56 times
Thunder, Michael Handy, virgin karaoke, mick, steve or whoever you really are..this is about as amusing post as i've seen on here in the four years i've been here. You sound like a guy with great expectations, but no ability to get there..just a tad frustraded, that no one will listen to you. Your rambling rants are just so sad...i won't comment further, you are a real testimonial to yourself sir and your mentor sound choice, i'm sure they are just so proud, a real team player. Now why someone hasn't put up a statue in your honor is beyond me..i'll work on that for ya. Be of good cheer, this to shall pass. :wink:

It is sad that everyone here had made their final judgements of Thunder based soley on comments made on this forum. I guess I could make the same judgements about anyone here just on what has been posted but I am just going to stick to the facts as I know tem to be accurate and will no longer get in a pi**ing match of words with anyone on this forum. After all they are just words and seems there is a giant divide amoungst views pro and con. The total destructive pattern here is way out of bounds. I am calling everyone out to stop the pause the battle, do some due dilligence and the consider steping back into the discussion showing intelligence and common sense. Stick to the facts and forget the he said she said on both sides, and I an guilty of posting ouotes and rebutting with a negitive comment. Let's no go the direction of another forum went down the drain. We are here to share information and not destroy our industry infighting and not really finding a real solutions to keep each other legal and profitable. We are not going to change how the manus work but we can only changes ourselves. I am going to start with me.

If I have hurt anyones feelings or made assumptions that are false about anyone here that is active in our community, I want to appologize right here and right now. Everyone have a great day and I am off to ride my motorcycle for the afternoon with my lovely wife.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:10 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
rumbolt wrote:
It is sad that everyone here had made their final judgements of Thunder based soley on comments made on this forum.

It's not. It's actions by Thunder on this forum including using a false identity and then purposely lying about it.

rumbolt wrote:
I guess I could make the same judgements about anyone here just on what has been posted but I am just going to stick to the facts as I know tem to be accurate and will no longer get in a pi**ing match of words with anyone on this forum. After all they are just words and seems there is a giant divide amoungst views pro and con. The total destructive pattern here is way out of bounds.

I guess you could, but the problem is determining what exactly is a "fact."

rumbolt wrote:
I am calling everyone out to stop the pause the battle, do some due dilligence and the consider steping back into the discussion showing intelligence and common sense. Stick to the facts and forget the he said she said on both sides, and I an guilty of posting ouotes and rebutting with a negitive comment. Let's no go the direction of another forum went down the drain. We are here to share information and not destroy our industry infighting and not really finding a real solutions to keep each other legal and profitable. We are not going to change how the manus work but we can only changes ourselves. I am going to start with me.

"Call everyone out" all you like - you'll find that a simple request might garner a more positive attitude.

rumbolt wrote:
If I have hurt anyones feelings or made assumptions that are false about anyone here that is active in our community, I want to appologize right here and right now. Everyone have a great day and I am off to ride my motorcycle for the afternoon with my lovely wife.

I don't think you have... so have a great ride.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:41 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

rumbolt wrote:

It is sad that everyone here had made their final judgements of Thunder based soley on comments made on this forum. I guess I could make the same judgements about anyone here just on what has been posted but I am just going to stick to the facts as I know tem to be accurate and will no longer get in a pi**ing match of words with anyone on this forum. After all they are just words and seems there is a giant divide amoungst views pro and con. The total destructive pattern here is way out of bounds. I am calling everyone out to stop the pause the battle, do some due dilligence and the consider steping back into the discussion showing intelligence and common sense. Stick to the facts and forget the he said she said on both sides, and I an guilty of posting ouotes and rebutting with a negitive comment. Let's no go the direction of another forum went down the drain. We are here to share information and not destroy our industry infighting and not really finding a real solutions to keep each other legal and profitable. We are not going to change how the manus work but we can only changes ourselves. I am going to start with me.

The problem is we have all made our "final judgements" of each other based on the comments made on this and other sites, I have as well as others and it doesn't really make any difference which side of the issue you are on or how you word it, for me the issue is anti- piracy V pro piracy, the other side of the issue anti manu V pro manu, regardless of how you word it, in my opinion it is still the same. But you are correct, discussion can be done without name calling and insinuation (of which I am very quilty). I agree that unless something in based entirely on fact then it is all just opinion and everyone has the right to express their's. Here again it becomes a matter of how something reads or how it is read that makes a big difference, way too many of us try to "read between the lines and get some meaning out of a post that may or may not exist, then go off on the poster as to the what they really meant by the post. Generally it esculates from that point on.

I agree with you and will seek to make the changes that are required not to argue a pointless argument!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:15 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
Thunder a.k.a. Steve Miller, Virgin Karaoke, Michael Handy, Mick wrote:
The problem is we have all made our "final judgements" of each other based on the comments made on this and other sites, I have as well as others and it doesn't really make any difference which side of the issue you are on or how you word it, for me the issue is anti- piracy V pro piracy, the other side of the issue anti manu V pro manu, regardless of how you word it, in my opinion it is still the same.

Speak for yourself. I am not part of your "we" nor am I part of your "secret police goon squad" either. I don't play Batman on T.V. and I'm not "free investigator or snitch."

Thanks for finally admitting though that your view is a simple one; if someone doesn't agree with you, they must be either a pirate or "pro-pirate." Forget any other options as you can't see past that.

But you are correct, discussion can be done without name calling and insinuation (of which I am very guilty). I agree that unless something in based entirely on fact then it is all just opinion and everyone has the right to express their's. Here again it becomes a matter of how something reads or how it is read that makes a big difference, way too many of us try to "read between the lines and get some meaning out of a post that may or may not exist, then go off on the poster as to the what they really meant by the post. Generally it esculates from that point on.

How convenient. Say what you think everyone wants to hear, but leave yourself and "out" with all the "reading between the lines" crap. You're caught bullying, you simply claim it's "sarcasm" and it's now somehow the reader's fault. If you can't be clear about your posts then simply don't post anything. You blatantly call me a pirate with no evidence for almost a year, you ignore any request to provide the proof of this and then you magically claim you changed your mind with no explanation? And now you want to make nice? Sorry, I'm just not buying it. You can suck up to whomever you want, it just won't work here.

I agree with you and will seek to make the changes that are required not to argue a pointless argument!

More Bull$h!t.... I've seen you do this same song and dance before, it's not new and it's certainly not sincere.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:18 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Thunder wrote:

Nope- Lied again..... You don't lie in the tech forums, or the Karaoke forum- where you post useful info. Why do you continually lie in the SC debates. Folllowing SC's lead?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:37 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
he was talking to me in that specific post Joe.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next