KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Do you educate about piracy and use it to your advantage? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:57 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
hiteck wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but SC isn't putting out any new disks, right? Is this due to the cost of doing business (effects of piracy)?

They have stated this on their own forums, that they went from over 100 employees creating & producing karaoke music to less than 10 due to the fact that they cannot recoup the costs of producing said music becuase once it hits the market shelves it's also on every download site so they see none of that revenue forcing them to quit trying (at this point) paying for the cost of licensing, recording, producing, printing thus laying-off employees and trying to recoup costs lost in other manners (again at this point).

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:33 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 204 times
and if you're paying attention...

Kurt Slep himself is putting out the effort to communicate with KJ's and be straight about setting things right. Simply ask anyone who has met the man and dealt with/conversed with him on a personal basis.

Please understand that knowledge is power. The truth will always prevail. When you can demonstrate your legitimacy, the net result is illegitimacy is glaringly obvious.

Education will, in my opinion, prove to be essential to legitimate KJ's everywhere.

It will also prove to be crucial in the ongoing production of NEW karaoke tracks and ultimately, a professional community of business people whose best interests are served by eliminating pirate operators and their supporters.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:41 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 334 times
Virgin Karaoke wrote:
JoeChartreuse wrote:
While I am in full agreement with Diafel, I also use any selling point that I can. I'mmanufacturers' disc based, and I ADVERTISE it, as well as all of the advantages, including legal.

I sell myself, and my attributes. In a litigation filled society, anything I can use to put a bar owner at ease, I will.

So yes, there is SOME educating going on.

However, I do this by selling my positives, not others' negatives. I don't bring up other KJs' practices. Also, I make it a point NOT associate my name with any particular manufacturer or organization.

Why? Because if said manufacturer or organization screws up ( and each has - a LOT- lately), I don't want anyone thinking I have anything to do with it. First, because I don't, and second, because rep means a lot in this business.

Like Diafel, I'm running a business, not a hobby. This requires minimizing risk, and selling my positives.

Joe and I are in agreement here when I am trying to pick up a gig I always accent my positives including being legal.

But when I drop off the KIAA packages to a venue I am making no sales pitch to them I am simply dropping information on them so they can make an educated decision, if they happen to call me then so much the better. I do not combine educating with selling.

There's a problem there. You may, as I do, drop off A package, but by dropping off a KIAA package you have associated yourself with an organiization that will not give out their physical location, name(s) of those responsible for the policies of that organization, those who are responsible for collection or disbursement of funds, or ANY substantial information about the KIAA at all- in short, a very shady group.

What happens if they end up in some sort of lawsuit? YOUR name is accociated with them- not good.

While some of their published info in regard to recognizing pirates may be helpful, I would re-word it completely and send it without the KIAA name attached.

" Disc based and loving it..."

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:31 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
JoeChartreuse wrote:
Virgin Karaoke wrote:
JoeChartreuse wrote:
While I am in full agreement with Diafel, I also use any selling point that I can. I'mmanufacturers' disc based, and I ADVERTISE it, as well as all of the advantages, including legal.

I sell myself, and my attributes. In a litigation filled society, anything I can use to put a bar owner at ease, I will.

So yes, there is SOME educating going on.

However, I do this by selling my positives, not others' negatives. I don't bring up other KJs' practices. Also, I make it a point NOT associate my name with any particular manufacturer or organization.

Why? Because if said manufacturer or organization screws up ( and each has - a LOT- lately), I don't want anyone thinking I have anything to do with it. First, because I don't, and second, because rep means a lot in this business.

Like Diafel, I'm running a business, not a hobby. This requires minimizing risk, and selling my positives.

Joe and I are in agreement here when I am trying to pick up a gig I always accent my positives including being legal.

But when I drop off the KIAA packages to a venue I am making no sales pitch to them I am simply dropping information on them so they can make an educated decision, if they happen to call me then so much the better. I do not combine educating with selling.

There's a problem there. You may, as I do, drop off A package, but by dropping off a KIAA package you have associated yourself with an organiization that will not give out their physical location, name(s) of those responsible for the policies of that organization, those who are responsible for collection or disbursement of funds, or ANY substantial information about the KIAA at all- in short, a very shady group.

What happens if they end up in some sort of lawsuit? YOUR name is accociated with them- not good.

While some of their published info in regard to recognizing pirates may be helpful, I would re-word it completely and send it without the KIAA name attached.

Why would they associate my name with a lawsuit I am just dropping off the package (actually having most them dropped off I am not physically doing it myself) but even the ones I am personally dropping off I have not even been asked my name, although I do always get their names and note the time and day.

And I need to make a correction here as well it is not the KIAA package it is the Sound Choice package which also contains the KIAA material and the package does have a contact name, phone number and address in it as well as e-mail and website adresses.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:19 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 59 times
Lonman wrote:
hiteck wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but SC isn't putting out any new disks, right? Is this due to the cost of doing business (effects of piracy)?

They have stated this on their own forums, that they went from over 100 employees creating & producing karaoke music to less than 10 due to the fact that they cannot recoup the costs of producing said music becuase once it hits the market shelves it's also on every download site so they see none of that revenue forcing them to quit trying (at this point) paying for the cost of licensing, recording, producing, printing thus laying-off employees and trying to recoup costs lost in other manners (again at this point).

While piracy has indeed had a profound impact on the manus, Sound Choice's problems were unique to Sound Choice because they failed to adapt to the changing marketplace. There was a point where karaoke manus were able to stop making music of yesterday and concentrate on the music of today. We saw that with THM, PHM, CB and the likes. Sound Choice, for whatever reason, never got into the monthly release biz like the others. IMO, that is why SC went from 100 employees to 10. That's why their last release sold a ridiculously low number of copies. Its because of piracy - yes, but also because the monthly manus already put out the music SC was trying to sell months prior, so there wasn't a market for it.

To me, SC is like the KJ who thinks they can get by on 2,000 song titles. While they may have a good product, it doesn't satisfy what the customers are looking for.