KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Sound Choice files 2 new suits Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:14 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:04 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Sevarin wrote:
Thunder wrote:
Actually those are not the lone voices they are but two of the voices of the proletariat congregation of corsairs who cheer on the aegis argot that they have become known for!

What ultimately surfaces is that those who make the claims that the actions of the Manus are intimidation, coercion, threatening, and simple harassment, are generally found to be the very ones that the manus are looking for. It is incumbent upon those who are legal and want to see this business thrive to try and take out or down as many of those who are not legal as possible. Without the money that was stolen from them the manus simply can not continue in the business of producing new music and without new music the shows become stale and die. Eventually Karaoke is just something that takes up space in the garage and is no longer a viable business. Personally I want to see them gone, but as long as we have those who are trying everything they can do or say to support piracy it just drags it out further and further. Put enough pirates on this ship and eventually it will sink!

I'm usually staying out of those piracy debates, simply for the same reason that Lonman expressed, no one here is an attorney or has enough legal background. And therefor everything else written here is purely assumptions/opinions. And therefor a waste of time for me.

Having said that, I'm sorry, but you're either misinformed or think terribly wrong. The whole "SC Pirate Hunt" is NOT(!) making pirates disappear. All they do is offer those pirates a settlement and continue with their business as usual. On top those settlements are a joke compared to what honest KJ's payed altogether for those songs on disks. That was already discussed here several times.

I'm sorry but apparently you mis-read what I wrote, I said, "Personally I want to see them gone", I also said, "Without the money that was stolen from them the manus simply can not continue in the business of producing new music".

I agree with you that the settlements should be much higher than what is being offered (I would say 3 to 4 times higher) but if that is what it takes to allow the manus to continue in beusiness then I can't really fault them. Although yes we paid a much higher premium for our music we also have the opportunity to double our systems at a much lower rate than the pirates can settle for (right now)! The thing is that there is now pressure on the pirates to either get legal or get out of the business and it is working to some extent, when pirates are cleaning out or hiding their websites taking down their facebook accounts, refusing to take phone calls from potential, venues you can't say it isn't having an effect on them.

Last edited by Thunder on Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:08 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

karaoke for food..... wrote:
User "Thunder"
Are you calling me, or anyone here a thief? if you are, please clearly say so. Also please send me a PM with your contact info. Name, where you can be reached, phone number would be helpful. Exact times between 9AM to 5PM that you can be reached for service. Please clearly state on this forum by user name who exactly you are slandering by calling them dishonest. And if the sleps have influenced your opinion please clearly state that as well. Thank You

No problem PM me your contact info. Name, where you can be reached, phone number would be helpful. Exact times between 9AM to 5PM that you can be reached, and I will be happy to send you mine, however all that information is already posted right here on this site including the exact physical location of my house! I am glad that you are/got legal, it is a good thing to see!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:14 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

"Got Legal"? you're kidding right? i have been doing karaoke longer then you've been alive i bet. I was doing karaoke back when all we had were cassettes, and i made cards to give to drunks to sing from. "Got Legal"? We thought it was the new age coming about when i purchased my first laser disc player, and i could get rid of the cassettes and hunting for songs. "Got Legal"..my friend get real, i've been a musician for over 40 years. Played more music with bands, as a solo artist, and kj/dj then you've listened to in your lifetime.."Got Legal"...lol right. {No Disrespect Intended. just stating fact's i'd rather not of had to} :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:18 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

"Got Legal"? you're kidding right? i have been doing karaoke longer then you've been alive i bet. I was doing karaoke back when all we had were cassettes, and i made cards to give to drunks to sing from. "Got Legal"? We thought it was the new age coming about when i purchased my first laser disc player, and i could get rid of the cassettes and hunting for songs. "Got Legal"..my friend get real, i've been a musician for over 40 years. Played more music with bands, as a solo artist, and kj/dj then you've listened to in your lifetime.."Got Legal"...lol right. {No Disrespect Intended. just stating fact's i'd rather not of had to} :D

LOL you got your history a little mixed up but that's OK, you must be really old!

I didn't see your PM with your information, is it coming?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:24 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Just curious thunder..you still calling me a theif? If so...let's hear it. And i assure you my friend you will get my contact info, and a lot more. Either put up..... :D
{No Disrespect Intended..Just enjoying myself lol}

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:52 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Just curious thunder..you still calling me a theif? If so...let's hear it. And i assure you my friend you will get my contact info, and a lot more. Either put up..... :D

Did you see me call you a thief somewhere?

But I will ask are you?

Send your Info I will send you mine!

Now like you said put up or shut up!:D

Last edited by Thunder on Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:00 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
Thunder wrote:

Did you see me call you a thief somewhere?

Send your Info I will send you mine!

Now like you said put up or shut up!:D

Interesting twist Thunder, or Steve Miller, or Michael Handy or "Mick": You'll challenge someone else to give you information for nothing, but when I repost you blatently calling me a pirate and ask for the proof, you (in typical form) can't prove a single lie you spout...

Why am I not surprised that you cannot either "put up" or "shut up?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:15 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

yes sir...100%

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:20 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

And may i suggest you read this post over in the other thread sound choice has stirred up for the benefit of karaoke.

Quote:
The complete format/media shift policy with Chartbuster Karaoke is that in the absence of written permission to perform a media/format shift from CDG to a hard drive based system, you are subject to investigation and notification of infringement (whether by letter of intent to sue or by a notice of a suit being filed or by being served in a lawsuit).

ok you tell me. Beside copyright, and trademark infringement, which neither i'm talking about. Read what happens if you are caught "F-O-R-M-A-T~S-H-I-T-I-N-G" without their consent. It says you are subject to what?

Look...i'm not trying to be super karaoke jock here. I, like you, am just stating facts as i interpret them. And it just rubs me the wrong way to hear someone yelling you must be a theif because i don't share their views on all this. I think you owe an apology to both those posters. You haven't a clue about either one of those posters, who contribute to this forum. I learn alot from this forum, and enjoy my visits here. This forum is a tool that i use often. Either about gear, or new products, new CDG's, who not to purchase from.

But to make a broad statement, that anyone who doesn't share your views is a pirate is just over the line. I have no reason to believe either one of these posters are anything more then they present themselves to be. One is even disc based. Bravo for him, glad to see the old ways still being used.

I would really really appreciate it, if you would try to treat others' views with a little respect. I'm an old hillbilly, and shoot i could care less what others think about me. But i'm as honest as the day is long, and try to respect everyones ideas. That's my beef with sound choice, and now sadly you. I'll be darned if i will be labled a theif if i don't bow to the curiosity of the likes of sound choice, and a few others with vested interest. Give these other two posters an apology, shake hands, and agree to disagree....Oh...by the way, i'm NOT old...i'm a classic.... {No Disrespect Intended}

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:32 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Sorry about the double post here...but apparently, i've given this dude more credit then he deserved??? are you using multiple id's or user names, or ???? hummm...could be this is why you call everyone a thief? I shun the thought that you may be riding the sound choice ...naw...my bad for even thinking such a thing...lol oh what a terrible web we weave....
{Just teasing..i couldn't resist....lol NO Disrespect intended by this old guy"}....lol will the real ummm "thunder" please stand up! hilarious lol i gotta get busy..been fun guys..whoever you really are...lol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:48 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Sorry about the double post here...but apparently, i've given this dude more credit then he deserved??? are you using multiple id's or user names, or ???? hummm...could be this is why you call everyone a thief? I shun the thought that you may be riding the sound choice ...naw...my bad for even thinking such a thing...lol oh what a terrible web we weave....
{Just teasing..i couldn't resist....lol NO Disrespect intended by this old guy"}....lol will the real ummm "thunder" please stand up! hilarious lol i gotta get busy..been fun guys..whoever you really are...lol

See now here is where it really gets funny, is this the "respect" you seek?

My profile has my real age, my real location in it, My real Name, my real Address, My real physical Location, and my real Phone Number have all been posted publicly on this site. Yet here you are at 109 years old, living somewhere in the world, doing "karaoke for food", looking for the real Thunder to please stand up, that is indeed laughable!

Oh yes I can add that there are probably 20 KJs or singers on this site that have meet me personally, can you say the same thing?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:13 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
Thunder wrote:

See now here is where it really gets funny, is this the "respect" you seek?

My profile has my real age, my real location in it, My real Name, my real Address, My real physical Location, and my real Phone Number have all been posted publicly on this site. Yet here you are at 109 years old, living somewhere in the world, doing "karaoke for food", looking for the real Thunder to please stand up, that is indeed laughable!

Oh yes I can add that there are probably 20 KJs or singers on this site that have meet me personally, can you say the same thing?

Right.... sure... Except for a couple teensy omissions:

1. You signed up here as "Michael Handy" with a fake username of "Virgin Karaoke"
2. Claimed you used a nickname of "Mick"
3. DENIED you were someone other than fake identity
4. When exposed, you claimed you used that false identity as a cover for "gathering information"
5. Don't have a problem calling anyone a pirate without a shred of evidence - you are the "libel-king"

Sure... You're all about "real" aren't you Thunder?... Or Steve Miller.... Or Virgin Karaoke.... or Michael Handy.... or "Mick"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:05 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

hehehe...lol you see thunder, Michael Handy, virgin karaoke, mick, steve etc...it's not the one identity you post openly...it's the several you don't....lol i have a feeling these folks on here have you all figured out my man. I betch'a there are alot more on here that don't..ummm care for you..then those that do. Thanks for the heads up c staley, we use to run into this kind of chap in the service all the time. I bet he's sound choice's poster boy..lol Gotta love'em. {No Disrespect was intended in this reply, just an old guy having fun} :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:32 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I bet he's sound choice's poster boy..lol Gotta love'em. {No Disrespect was intended in this reply, just an old guy having fun} :lol:

I think the term you're looking for is " strawman sockpuppet." He does more to discredit Sound Choice's position than any other member of this forum.

"A strawman sockpuppet is a false flag pseudonym created by a user with one point of view that acts as though the puppet has an opposing point of view, in order to make that point of view look bad and generate negative sentiment towards that view. Such sockpuppets will typically advance foolish or weak "straw man" arguments that their puppeteers can then easily refute. They often act in an unintelligent, uninformed, or bigoted manner. Their effect is to discredit more rational arguments for the same side."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sockpuppet_(Internet)

So who do you think the puppeteer is?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:39 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

hehehe...lol you see thunder, Michael Handy, virgin karaoke, mick, steve etc...it's not the one identity you post openly...it's the several you don't....lol i have a feeling these folks on here have you all figured out my man. I betch'a there are alot more on here that don't..ummm care for you..then those that do. Thanks for the heads up c staley, we use to run into this kind of chap in the service all the time. I bet he's sound choice's poster boy..lol Gotta love'em. {No Disrespect was intended in this reply, just an old guy having fun} :lol:

Yes Nigel you may be correct!

But I am not here for a popularity contest I am here to spread the word and show the facts!

Since pirates outnumber legal KJs 8 to 2 then it would certainly be understandable that a lot more would hate me than like me!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:28 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Thunder wrote:

But I am not here for a popularity contest I am here to spread the word and show the facts!

Since pirates outnumber legal KJs 8 to 2 then it would certainly be understandable that a lot more would hate me than like me!

You are not popular here for your trolling behavior; it isn't what you say, but how you say it that make people here see you as a troll. The more of that side of you, you show, the nearer you are to the exit door.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:55 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 53 times
First of all, what word are you spreading? That there are pirates out there? That SC, CB and PH are going after them? That they're trying to make money on them? We all know about this. Everything else is speculation/opinion. What FACT were you spreading that we didn't know about?

And yes, what Ian said. It's not what you say, but how you say it. In Germany we have a saying, the tone makes the music. Means it always depends on how you make things sound and how you say them. See your last comment. Yes, I know you didn't point out your finger to anyone and said so and so is a pirate, yet you assume and let it be known that the hostility towards you MUST be related to most people here on the forums being pirates. Let me tell you, most people you POed here are respected members of this community, who are KNOWN to be legal (at least 1:1 ratio).

I wish you could lean back, take a deep breathe and realize what the real reason for the hostility against you is. It really makes me sad that you are so ignorant. I don't think you're a bad guy, but you certainly don't make friends with your attitude you show here.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:52 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 56 times
Jian wrote:
Thunder wrote:

You are not popular here for your trolling behavior; it isn't what you say, but how you say it that make people here see you as a troll. The more of that side of you, you show, the nearer you are to the exit door.

I think that using your train of thought, almost everyone that is participating in this or other threads regarding karaoke piracy because of the way the bantering goes back and forth, pro or con, could be considered a troll. Thunder is as passionate about his positionate as the other side is about theirs. At least he is upfront about his position and stick to his guns against those that would stick to their guns on the opposing side. Sometime discussions turn personal and feelings take over and the true facts of the subject are puished to the sidelines. My point of view is clear to everyone on this thread and I know there are those that reject my position and I really don't care anymore what they think of me because thay have never been around me in person. I have infact shent time in Thunders company and the is ok in my book and has a passion to stomp out piracy as do anyone that has a financial interest in their businesses. Fighting piracy (those that make a conscious effort to steal music and them profit and compete with those that spend hard earned money and pay for their music (not going to debate the music delivery system from which they buy except a copied hardrive) has become a passionate devide that has created a negitive enviorment on most forums and at this point neither side is winning the war of words since that is all it is and we all need to look at it as just that. I know I can only possibly change some in my local market (I know of two locals that have gone out of business knowing they have never bought a single disc or legal download and are scared thay could be suied.) and I will continue to do just that. I don't understand the other side's point of view anymore than they understand our point of view. My advice to everyone here, is to take no one at face value and do your own due dilligance on the facts and make you own personal decision. If I don't agree with your decision and express opposition then so be it, we all must agree to disagree. I am right and you are wrong as you are right and I am wrong. Kinda like politics.

"You are not popular here for your trolling behavior; it isn't what you say, but how you say it that make people here see you as a troll."

This discussion is not about being popular but to oppisite point of views. His view might not be popular to some as to him and others the oposing side's view is not popular. If we can't have these discussions, what are the point of forums like this or it will fall into the grave as other forums recently have.
Just my 2cents now.........let's all go get a beer (or a soft drink for those that don't drink)!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:01 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

@rumbolt:
Quote:
This discussion is not about being popular but to oppisite point of views. His view might not be popular to some as to him and others the oposing side's view is not popular. If we can't have these discussions, what are the point of forums like this or it will fall into the grave as other forums recently have.

intelligent people discuss about issue, but this thread is not about discussion, rather an argument. Trolling behavior is what turned a good discussion into a wasteful argument.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:16 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 46 times
Let me be clear. I personally happen to think anyone, including Thunder is entitled to think what they want, even if it opposes my views.
What some of us are up in arms about is the fact that not only has Thunder outright and directly called people pirates without any basis in fact, but he continues to insinuate the same about many others. He just did it in his last post to karaoke for food by calling him Nigel.
And then, to top it all off, after he was banned from another forum for his trolling, he showed up here under another several other identities and continued his trolling behavior.
He continually baits people trying to get them into a fight. It's downright nasty behavior and to be honest, I'm pretty sick of it as I'm sure others are. It's becoming pretty intolerable.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next