KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - So confused about karaoke MP3+G downloads Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:11 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
:banghead: this is why i asked Tricerasoft

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:18 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 398 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
:banghead: this is why i asked Tricerasoft

Tricerasoft is only gonna spout what they interept to being the truth as long as it means more sales for them. They were willing to leave out the new rules of the licensing of the UK no longer being legal in the US.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:24 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 33 times
I just searched KS for "Deadline"

Results went way way back (like before 2011)

Lonman hasn't uttered that word once.
search.php?keywords=deadline&terms=any&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Care to re-paraphrase danny? Again, Hard link, show law, email, webpost, anything specifically calling out the tricerasoft companies.

You need a tin foil hat my friend, it helps keep the KIAA mind control rays off you. I wear mine all the time now.

It's like the difference between high and low budget toilet paper, it really doesn't matter in the end. -exweedfarmer

Which is smarter? Just sticking to making/selling karaoke, while people all over the world create software FOR FREE that helps you sell it, or trying to compete with them and keeping it a closed loop while you blow your money into an industry (software) that you(the karaoke manu) knows nothing about?
-me

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:29 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 17 times
You are absolutely WRONG Danny, I work with Sunfly and they release direct from the publisher now - I know this because we had the same MCPS rep and now they work through direct from each publisher. I was in contact with one of these reps because and I myself am looking to go direct (no rush, but an option). So before you speak out any defaming remarks without fact, do your due diligence. Either way the MCPS hold doesn't even apply to us because we distribute with our own license for downloads, the restriction is ONLY for content created for discs so get over it - it appears that you are digging for a way to be illegal or atleast to keep scaring people. I can direct you to a few manufacturers and suppliers that would like you to buy their content then sue you just after (I forgot, you already use a program that sells you songs in a KJ tool that is not allowed to be used by a KJ) - you appear to support them yet they want to refuse you the use of their content and sue you (unelss they struck a deal with you). I can also direct you to a few services which don't pay their licensing (ofcourse I would not bother to, that's not hard to find!).

These people have been pushing you lies and changing their policies on a daily basis, and you still call me the liar for speaking out on your behalf. If you think I'm the bad one don't buy from me (actually I don't recall if you buy from us) - buy from them and get sued the next day, Quote: "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a d.a.m.n.!". And stay deluded behind your own shadow. I wasn't even prmooting our service, I was talking in general. When you wake up and smell the coffee it will be much too late. Your voice turned real quick even to suggest that somehow they have you under their payroll, who knows, who cares - say whatever you want, didn't stop you till now and wait for the puppet masters to pull your strings a little more -- frankly you pissed me off beyond expression that you can do whatever you want it won't change the real facts (not your made up ones).

And this discussion was about ALL karaoke, NOT just downloads - this applies to everything! It's not even important anymore if they are downloads or not, the licensing is the same. I know the thread was intentionally opened for downloads.

10-4 and Out.

Last edited by TriceraSoft1 on Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:36 pm, edited 12 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:34 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Danny, you've inspired me to create a new style today. Introducing, THE MERLIN!
Attachment:
File comment: Comes with optional magic wand! To deflect those KIAA mind control rays right back at them!
IMAG0773.jpg
IMAG0773.jpg [ 813 KiB | Viewed 24164 times ]

Inspiration.

It's like the difference between high and low budget toilet paper, it really doesn't matter in the end. -exweedfarmer

Which is smarter? Just sticking to making/selling karaoke, while people all over the world create software FOR FREE that helps you sell it, or trying to compete with them and keeping it a closed loop while you blow your money into an industry (software) that you(the karaoke manu) knows nothing about?
-me

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:38 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 309 times
Okay, I have seen it stated on the AVLA site that they CANNOT authorize the media shifting of CDGs to harddrives due to the SYNC LICENCING. As a matter of fact I have sent the following to AVLA for clarification:

You had on your site about the media shift of CD+Gs from physical form (disc) to a harddrive. At that time you stated that you could not authorize this due to sync licencing. Is this still valid. If so can you put it back up on your site. There are many people who believe it is okay to do this. Please clarify.

Thank you

Further you pay a yearly fee (same as SC & CB) for the privlege of media shifting your DJ music to harddrive. The fee is $331.55 + HST/GST per calander year.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:49 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Timberlea I think you need to be reminded, this discussion is about downloads, and not about media shifting.

Please refer to the ALVA section on downloads if you would do so kindly.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:11 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Karaoke is owned by the manufacturer NOT the labels/publishers (who manufacturer their own Audio and Video discs), you do not use AVLA for karaoke or for services that provide for DJ/VJs (I didn't say that either - I was referring to Audio and Video discs and how "USE" to the owner is the only factor). You pay a little more money to the reseller who pays the manufacturer a larger royalty (for "USE") and a bit more to the publisher, that's how you cover karaoke for an entertainer. Or get suckered by a manufacturer to pay them a yearly fee (for "USE") instead of adding a couple cents to each song - your choice ofcourse. And yeah, no one was talking about shifting anything (eventhough that is infact one of the parts of the license of the AVLA - Unlimited Physical Use of Discs and MP3 shifting for one whole hard-drive for $300 a year for an entertainer - you would be stupid not to pay this minor fee if you DJ for a living and Canadian - legal without the guess work for $300). Yes, there is also a video license for converting your video discs to MPEG1 (Video Road Show license).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:29 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

you find mention here:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21689

And actually you are right. It wasn't Lonman talking about the disc deadline of UK manufacturers. It was you toqer.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:43 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I'm not talking about that at all danny, wtf? I talk about how SC, relicenses through stingray (derek slep) for legal worldwide downloads.

Can you read? I'm having doubts.

Last edited by toqer on Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:44 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Danny don't you ever again try and make stuff up like that. That was some dirty BS.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:23 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 294 times
http://www.prsformusic.com/SiteCollecti ... 7%2010.pdf

The part referring to exports was section 3.14 but it seems different then it was just a few months ago. Hate to go through all of the threads to find what the paragraph used to say, if if has indeed changed. When this controversy first started, I emailed the PRS to ask if it was true that it was illegal to export UK karaoke to the US and they replied that I should look into US laws for the answer. I quoted them back section 3.14 and said that it was THEIR law that was being referred to and they didn't reply.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:34 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

This only applies to manufacturers producing discs and releasing using PRS - it does not apply to downloads or manufacturers releasing direct (which is the point of the thread). So you are basically beating a dead horse.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:47 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

I am bewildered by your response as I thought I was basically providing what people were referring to and doing it in a polite way without putting interpretation on it. Toqer had said this above:

"Also where is this mysterious law (put into effect this year) that suddenly made import karaoke illegal? Have they ever ONCE given a link to the actual law? I asked my Japanese Karaoke singing congressman if he remembered any such law being passed, he said no. Even on these forums, people keep parroting what Norbert said at mobile beat, BUT NOT ONCE HAS ANYONE PROVIDED A LINK TO THE LAW STATING IMPORT KARAOKE IS ILLEGAL."

I was under the impression that this was what Danny was referring to. Then you said this:

"And this discussion was about ALL karaoke, NOT just downloads - this applies to everything! It's not even important anymore if they are downloads or not, the licensing is the same. I know the thread was intentionally opened for downloads."

Sorry if I particiapted out of turn and in ignorance. I'm just a blonde. Or was until we started a karaoke business and I started to go grey.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:09 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
leopard lizard wrote:
I am bewildered by your response as I thought I was basically providing what people were referring to and doing it in a polite way without putting interpretation on it. Toqer had said this above:

"Also where is this mysterious law (put into effect this year) that suddenly made import karaoke illegal? Have they ever ONCE given a link to the actual law? I asked my Japanese Karaoke singing congressman if he remembered any such law being passed, he said no. Even on these forums, people keep parroting what Norbert said at mobile beat, BUT NOT ONCE HAS ANYONE PROVIDED A LINK TO T

The link you provided details the policies of PRS in the UK - not UK copyright law or US law. They're essentially stating they won't broker a license for materials intended for export any more. Those now have to be negotiated directly with the publishers and artists. More paperwork, more cost, more time, but no great obstacle in the end.

leopard lizard wrote:
I'm just a blonde. Or was until we started a karaoke business and I started to go grey.

That just means you're a hot cougar instead of a fox?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:36 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Correct, and we clarified this already so it is beating a dead horse. I did not mean to beat you with the answer, it just needs to all move out of this stupid titled thread that was opened to deceive and confuse and continued in something called "General Karaoke Licensing".

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:37 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Well, I do have a younger boyfriend........

The only reason I put up that link is because it was previously what was quoted on other boards as the basis/proof for this import ban thing. I thought it was what people were looking for. But again, in trying to pin it down, as you say--no actual law could be found. I think Athena once posted something from our copyright laws that backed the import ban but again everyone had a different interpretation of it. That is the frustrating thing with all of this...it is difficult to pin down exactly what the heck is going on and how one can be "legit." I am on here for info and if I am "arguing" it is trying to understand what exactly is going on and not to promote that I think I actually know......because I'm not sure anyone knows anything for absolute sure.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:49 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
DannyG2006 wrote:
Tricerasoft is only gonna spout what they interept to being the truth as long as it means more sales for them.

Well. if that's true, then . . .

Sound Choice is only gonna spout what they interpret to being the truth as long as it means more sales for them.

Chartbuster is only gonna spout what they interpret to being the truth as long as it means more sales for them.

Stellar is only gonna spout what they interpret to being the truth as long as it means more sales for them.

Danny G is only gonna spout what he interprets to being the truth as long as it means more gigs for him.

. . . and so on. You sure ya wanna go down that road?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:04 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Moonrider - thank you - And please don't.

For Leopard Lizard - I outlined exactly what a manufacturer needs to have to be legit and it can all be verified by phone calls (refer back) - but no one is reading it, they just keep coming up with different reasons they "think" it should be (PRS BS, Sync, etc) or pushing my word aside because they think my response is biased (I can't change the fact that I am in the business and unfortunately know how much a disaster this is). There doesn't need to be a law nor do you need to find one if you have a paper in your hands from the owner of the copyright negotiating what you can do or otherwise (they are the owner). If you have a paper from the people that represent the owner, you are just as gold as long as they represent the area within their Jurisdiction that you produce it in. If you can't obtain that from one then you go to another for that Jurisdiction (better known as the territory). The selling part applies the same, when and if you sell. So just make sure the manucturer actually has some kind of license to produce (the first license) and if they are selling media that their content is licensed either by them or by the reseller/distributor for the underlying territory (the second license or combination of licenses) - if the manufacturer is going direct and distributing, they may do this in one BIG license (when it's direct there is no juridiction, it's the owner). You do not need to be a wanna be lawyer to figure this out. Ofcourse the bigger question, do theywant you do use their content? If they want you to then they will say "USE" for this. If they want more money for you to use it outside of it's intend, they will tell you either don't "USE" or pay $X for you to "USE" it as such. When you do "USE" it, the copyright owner wants money again for you replaying it and the place making money in listening to the songs, so they pay a group/agency to go to the place you play (the venue) and collect a percentage because they know that you entertainers have better things to do than release each song license, so they collect from the venue owner (who gets paid by the patrons, who pays you to entertain with legitimate songs).

If no one understands the above explanation then I totally give up on helping you all.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:19 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

That all being said. It also means no more Eagles from Zoom and Sunfly since to get their permission they, the manu's, would have to get their permission and Henley has stated that is not gonna happen. There is no such animal as cumpulsatory licensing in the USA for karaoke songs.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next