KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Well, well... here we go again... Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:13 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 263 times
c. staley wrote:
Alan B wrote:
I have bought many tracks from Karaoke Version. I believe them to be credible and on the up & up. It is not my responsibility or my job to "police" this and other sights for the legality of their offerings. I buy from them in good faith. So, personally I really could give a sh*t about what they're doing. And I really don't care.

And I also bought my DK Millennium set from a reputable vendor (Amazon). Are they legit? I really don't care. I purchased it in good faith, paid for it, got a receipt and I'm done.

There are much more important things in life to worry about than if everything you buy (from a reputable company) is legal.

Here's the rub: You might have purchased in "good faith" but when you know that any track is not licensed, you certainly are not "using it in good faith."

HOST: "But officer, I bought the stolen taxi in good faith. I should be able to keep it and drive it everywhere for money. I don't care where it came from. "
COP: "So, because you paid a thief and got a receipt, you think you should keep the car and now it's yours to keep using?"

See how stupid that sounds?

Apples and oranges. The law states bought in good faith when it comes to our products. That rule was never meant to cover stuff like a taxi.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:56 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 865 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
c. staley wrote:
Alan B wrote:
I have bought many tracks from Karaoke Version. I believe them to be credible and on the up & up. It is not my responsibility or my job to "police" this and other sights for the legality of their offerings. I buy from them in good faith. So, personally I really could give a sh*t about what they're doing. And I really don't care.

And I also bought my DK Millennium set from a reputable vendor (Amazon). Are they legit? I really don't care. I purchased it in good faith, paid for it, got a receipt and I'm done.

There are much more important things in life to worry about than if everything you buy (from a reputable company) is legal.

Here's the rub: You might have purchased in "good faith" but when you know that any track is not licensed, you certainly are not "using it in good faith."

HOST: "But officer, I bought the stolen taxi in good faith. I should be able to keep it and drive it everywhere for money. I don't care where it came from. "
COP: "So, because you paid a thief and got a receipt, you think you should keep the car and now it's yours to keep using?"

See how stupid that sounds?

Apples and oranges. The law states bought in good faith when it comes to our products. That rule was never meant to cover stuff like a taxi.

Actually, no.

The reality may be, nobody cares about a CD+G purchase, no money to be recovered from the average KJ.
Plus, most product was released without proper license anyway, and everyone knows that.

However, receiving stolen property will cover yore taxi problem.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:17 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 575 times
Lonman wrote:
So since just about every manufacturer has been guilty of creating tracks without proper channels - do we go through each and every track to seek out if they had proper licensing to be created and quit using them if not? Which brands do you use that are squeaky clean out of curiosity?

If you contracted for a Gem set, then you've already agreed to do just that...in writing... with every single one of those songs.

The same is true if you got yourself a HELP license...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:49 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 865 times
c. staley wrote:
Lonman wrote:
So since just about every manufacturer has been guilty of creating tracks without proper channels - do we go through each and every track to seek out if they had proper licensing to be created and quit using them if not? Which brands do you use that are squeaky clean out of curiosity?

If you contracted for a Gem set, then you've already agreed to do just that...in writing... with every single one of those songs.

The same is true if you got yourself a HELP license...

As I understand it, only the owners of the song/music/copyright can ask about proper licensing.

The consumer, (Private citizen, KJ, DJ) has no standing to legally ask about these issues.
They do not own anything except a CD+G disk or a downloaded file.

And, to use these items in a commercial setting, (A KJ/DJ show) pro fees must also be paid.

(All pro fees are handled by the East Coast Italian Families, and they decide how much gets forwarded to the copyright owner)

So, follow along: If any company makes or imports or copies a CD+G disk, or downloaded file, they can not give you permission to perform in public. They, (Producers) do not have the right to do that. That's covered by the Pro fees.

If a Kickstarter campaign asks for funding to create KJ/DJ songs, run away, as fast as you can. It's sure to be a scam.