KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Contacting soundchoice Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:16 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:18 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 95 times
doowhatchulike wrote:
CafeBar wrote:
doowhatchulike wrote:
CafeBar wrote:
doowhatchulike wrote:
Does it further chap your hide that they chose the name of your fair city for the "new" company name???

Given the circumstances, I'm going to make a wild-assed guess that it might have been named after the mythical bird that rises from the ashes, not after the city. I could be wrong.

Also, St. Paul's Cathedral isn't named after St. Paul, Minnesota.

Please note post #19 on this page, to see that way before now, I noted this very thing:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=31328

Thanks for clearing that up. I did notice on that other thread you already had two more posts pointing out to other people that you thought of it first.

Guys, can we all chip in and buy this guy a special ribbon or something?

As many can agree, especially those in a legal profession, words (and the occasional emoticon) are all that can be used in a forum such as this to portray one's thoughts on a subject. Therefore, the choosing of those words is tantamount to this experience. That being said:

One cannot claim to make a "wild assed guess" and "notice on that other thread" a prior posting, both at the same time. If it was noticed to have already been suggested, restating it has no logical purpose. Situations like this could cause one to conclude that minimal reading and comprehension skills were not utilized initially.

All obvious sarcasm aside, you are welcome for me clearing that up, and everyone chipping in and buying me anything would certainly be welcomed and appreciated...

Those were two different posts, and not at the same time. Here's the chronology: I made a wild-assed guess (not realizing that in another thread you had brilliantly and more promptly thought of it), then got your reply, then clicked on your link, then read the thread, then "did notice on that other thread" that others had usurped your originality (to your dismay, and drawing your comment), then made the smart remark about 'noticing' in reply to your reply to my reply. In that order.

You can see the whole thrilling cavalcade of events right there in your various quotes.

And I'm not in any legal profession, so if you're trying to be mean to an attorney you got the wrong guy.

Minimal (and maybe even better) reading and comprehension skills were indeed utilized initially and throughout. All obvious sarcasm aside, you are welcome for clearing that up.

And you really did say the 'from the ashes' thing first, I swear, and good on you. I'm not sure it was super-important to anyone else.

I'm still almost sure I was right about the 'St. Paul's Cathedral' thing, though.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:00 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 398 times
There was a site called karaoke-singles that for a brief time carried the entire SC catalog until SC sent a cease and desist letter threatening to sue them unless they took them down. I admit to purchasing a couple of non SC tracks which got wiped when I wiped my drive before the cheerleader meeting in 2010.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:27 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 73 times
CafeBar wrote:

Thanks for clearing that up. I did notice on that other thread you already had two more posts pointing out to other people that you thought of it first.

Guys, can we all chip in and buy this guy a special ribbon or something?

As many can agree, especially those in a legal profession, words (and the occasional emoticon) are all that can be used in a forum such as this to portray one's thoughts on a subject. Therefore, the choosing of those words is tantamount to this experience. That being said:

One cannot claim to make a "wild assed guess" and "notice on that other thread" a prior posting, both at the same time. If it was noticed to have already been suggested, restating it has no logical purpose. Situations like this could cause one to conclude that minimal reading and comprehension skills were not utilized initially.

All obvious sarcasm aside, you are welcome for me clearing that up, and everyone chipping in and buying me anything would certainly be welcomed and appreciated...[/quote]
Those were two different posts, and not at the same time. Here's the chronology: I made a wild-assed guess (not realizing that in another thread you had brilliantly and more promptly thought of it), then got your reply, then clicked on your link, then read the thread, then "did notice on that other thread" that others had usurped your originality (to your dismay, and drawing your comment), then made the smart remark about 'noticing' in reply to your reply to my reply. In that order.

You can see the whole thrilling cavalcade of events right there in your various quotes.

And I'm not in any legal profession, so if you're trying to be mean to an attorney you got the wrong guy.

Minimal (and maybe even better) reading and comprehension skills were indeed utilized initially and throughout. All obvious sarcasm aside, you are welcome for clearing that up.

And you really did say the 'from the ashes' thing first, I swear, and good on you. I'm not sure it was super-important to anyone else.

I'm still almost sure I was right about the 'St. Paul's Cathedral' thing, though.[/quote]

And in closing, it is quite ironic that you opted to spend considerable time piling on more disdain and pointing out your opinion of how "super important" all this was, in what appears to be a manner that is "super important" to you...

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:09 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 95 times
doowhatchulike wrote:

And in closing, it is quite ironic that you opted to spend considerable time piling on more disdain and pointing out your opinion of how "super important" all this was, in what appears to be a manner that is "super important" to you...

Nah, I just type fast.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:26 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 73 times
CafeBar wrote:
doowhatchulike wrote:

Nah, I just type fast.

I guess "considerable" wouldn't be accurate; more than likely, a "relatively higher amount" of time would be a better fit...

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:35 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 334 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
There was a site called karaoke-singles that for a brief time carried the entire SC catalog until SC sent a cease and desist letter threatening to sue them unless they took them down. I admit to purchasing a couple of non SC tracks which got wiped when I wiped my drive before the cheerleader meeting in 2010.

They were also offered on the original T- (Tyranno?) soft ( NOT Tricerasoft - at least not that I know of..) site for quite awhile a few years ago. Toqer utilized these quite often when at 7 Bamboo.

They were also offered on the Dopi site ( supposedly for iPods and home use, but worked fine on PCs from what I read)

...And then there is the Sting-Ray site.......

So the entire SC manufacturer produced catalogue has been online often enough and long enough to have been hacked.

" Disc based and loving it..."

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11