KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - GETTING TIRED!!! Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: GETTING TIRED!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:56 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
kjathena wrote:
Lonman, I agree this has been an issue from the start....but it was LESS of an issue when there were 20+ manufactures making product than now when there are VERY few. I also keep in mind with ANY downloads that just like DT was sued and had to remove over a 3rd of the library and now faces issues from Publishers other than the one suing them regarding licensing new tracks....I would hate to see it but what if KV was hit by the publishers too ? It is well known that I prefer hard media and the reasons behind that preference.
Actually I disagree again. With the few manus left & publisher no fly lists, I'm still seeing more produced that people actually want to sing than when there were a bunch of manus. Sound Choice would've probably been the only one that actually tried to make some of the obscure songs back in the day. I know there were a few oddball requests that I made that they did. One was Janis Ian - From me To You, I asked for my wife that they released on our anniversary (probably a coincident, but I did tell them what the song was, what it was for & our anniversary date). But I really haven't seen a difference in content release. And songs have been pulled over the years as well. Pioneer lost a ton of songs when they redid their libray, DK as well. Nothing has changed. If the song wasn't released, then there is just another song that no kj will have.
The manus just don't have the same relationships as far as forum board & song request threads as they did in the past. KV is about the only one that does have an effective voting system, the more votes, the better chance to be made.
Sure there may be songs disappearing from download sites, but sites like SBI, Sunfly, etc still offer those songs on custom disc. For me it doesn't matter whether I get a song immediately or if I have to wait a week or two to get it on disc, as long as I fulfill the request. I'd prefer to get it on the night of the request & if available I will, if not we wait.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:00 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 73 times
" Sony is suing Tricerasoft for selling songs that the MANUFACTURERS made without paying properly for." WRONG...the publishers paid to license those songs for 'worldwide use EXCLUDING the USA and Canada" Tricerasoft claimed multiple times that they had purchased separate licensing that they IN FACT did NOT purchase.

"It ignores the massive technological changes that have occurred." changes that under CURRENT US laws disallow. I doubt my grandchildren will still be alive by the time those laws are changed.

I will always prefer DISC to any other format I have seen. I dont need to have it "NOW" and am willing to wait a week or so to get my discs.

Lee McGuffey

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:05 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 268 times
As far as I am concerned, the producers of music aren't getting compensated enough because they are evil, corrupt greedy scum of the earth.

Should artists be compensated for their work? Absolutely.. but I ask you is SIX liscences on one freakin' piece of music/karaoke track really fair/reasonable? Absolutely not!

If they would just take the stick out of their collective butts long enough, they would realize that if they started to release the vulcan death grip they want to have on the flow of music, that they would actually start making money.

How? As hundereds of people have pointed out.. do what itunes did. They have a PROVEN model that works. Yes, the karaoke market is smaller, but it is still a BILLION dollar industry in Japan and the Phillipines alone, are you saying that producers don't want a piece of that market?! I sure as hell would.

There are tons of ways RESIDUAL income could be made off of karaoke. The uk has a system to transfer DJ ad Karaoke music to a hard drive legally. This is money that the publishers get EVERY FREAKIN' YEAR!? And you're telling me there is no money to be made?? I call bullsh*t!!

I mean how brain dead do you have to be to not realize that no music - no money??

okay rant over

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:08 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

If you paid attention you would know that the publishers have been pulling tracks from ITunes and Amazon too....yes regular artist releases.(non karaoke)

And I never said there was NO money to be made, just that they (the publishers) say not enough money to be made. They own the rights and according to the current US laws therefore hold the cards.

I would not want to have to pay an annual fee per system/per show to be able to play tracks I have already purchased (Like is required in the UK) For my company that amount would be nearly $900.00 per year.

Lee McGuffey

Last edited by kjathena on Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:10 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 610 times
kjathena wrote:
I will always prefer DISC to any other format I have seen. I dont need to have it "NOW" and am willing to wait a week or so to get my discs.

And I will wait for the VHS tape of the new Hobbit movie. Who needs Netflix. I want to hold that ancient plastic in my hand!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:12 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
jclaydon wrote:
Should artists be compensated for their work? Absolutely.. but I ask you is SIX liscences on one freakin' piece of music/karaoke track really fair/reasonable? Absolutely not!
The six licenses could be from the individual artists that wrote the song. One may have wrote the melody (one license), one may have wrote the lyrics (another), one may have the arrangement (another), the band/artist as a collective (another), etc. There can in reality be several licenses because that is what the original artist set it up as. Like the Eagles for example, anything Henley or Frey wrote - if their name is on ANY of the licensing or credits - it's off limits to karaoke. If their name is NOT on anything, then the negotiations go to the rest of the artists or their publishers.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:18 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Lonman wrote:
jclaydon wrote:
The six licenses could be from the individual artists that wrote the song. One may have wrote the melody (one license), one may have wrote the lyrics (another), one may have the arrangement (another), the band/artist as a collective (another), etc. There can in reality be several licenses because that is what the original artist set it up as. Like the Eagles for example, anything Henley or Frey wrote - if their name is on ANY of the licensing or credits - it's off limits to karaoke. If their name is NOT on anything, then the negotiations go to the rest of the artists or their publishers.

Actually i was refering to the fact that there is a compositiion, a musical work, sync rights, a fixing fee *for the medium the musics gets attached to* and all the other bs that the US producers had to put up with.

Karaoke, shouldn't even be an audiovisual work in the first place, in my opinion. I mean they don't consider subtitling to be part of the music.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:24 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1003 times
Lonman wrote:
Like the Eagles for example, anything Henley or Frey wrote - if their name is on ANY of the licensing or credits - it's off limits to karaoke. If their name is NOT on anything, then the negotiations go to the rest of the artists or their publishers.

This is not quite accurate. If it's just Frey/Henley, they can control it. If--like a lot of Eagles songs--it's Frey/Henley/Somebody else, that song is generally available. If there are joint authors, the permission of only one is required.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:26 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 17 times
Athena you f'ing hag - we have a Sony/EMI license for Worldwide - read the court papers on Pacer, you witch. We had worldwide licensing for Sony and EMI and we have many overlapping licenses. We are the most legal provider of karaoke in the world and shall remain as such. They are just trying to extort us or kill us trying. The lawyer is being paid by a third party to simply make us non-existent in hopes that customers move to his "qualified" providers, so far everyone is showing brand loyal or moving to illegal providers - idiots are causing KJs to move to the underground to get karaoke. We've already proven the content and distribution was legal and they changed they claim against us, a-holes. This whole process is to waste our time and money or die trying and you are the pig that helps them. When I'm done with them I will make you eat your words.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:56 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 427 times
Things are getting a touch heated. Look, it is obvious that the issue is the publishers. The fact that Athena has falsely assumed they are the say all know all is something that needs to be considered here. Of course how she assumes most of this is due to piracy can not be explained. No one argues that piracy isn't an issue. The problem here is the actions do not match her "story". Of course the story could have some origin with the publishers so her primary mistake is taking their story at face value.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:19 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

She is not falsely assuming, she is accusing! The only thing she has for herself is feeling betrayed by SoundChoice squeezing her under the trolling scam and she was easy pickin' - so now she only wishes vengeance on everyone and anyone without thinking of the harm she is causing or saying without a care in the world of what backing she has behind it - it is not her field, she is not a lawyer, she is definitely not a licensing agent, and she has never stepped one day in anyone of these distributors or manufacturers life yet she holds no bar on her mouth - yet she herself was scarlet lettered. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! Ironically if she was our customer from the get go, she never would have been in this situation so she can piss off if she feels unwanted or an outsider of the community; yeah its time for me to gloat, our customers are safe and she got screwed picking the losing team - stick it in your pipe and smoke it! Go climb another tree.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:43 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

HarringtonLaw wrote:
Bazza wrote:
JoeChartreuse wrote:
I CAN say that distributing IP controlled product without copyright protection is a constant money loser for the companies involved, and they are not in business to lose money.

Tell it to Apple. All songs downloaded on iTunes are DRM-Free. Think they are losing constantly losing money?

They are failing to capture revenues from file-shared iTunes-originated tracks, and that's probably not insignificant. That is not the same thing as losing money, however, and from an economic perspective, as long as their operation is profitable to Apple and the record labels who own the tracks, it's likely to continue, regardless of whether there is sharing.

The truth is that change is coming in karaoke, and sooner than you expect. The future isn't media-focused at all.

Forgive my skepticism, but this is all giving me a SEVERE case of deja-vu.

Lots of people, organizations, karaoke producers been saying the exact same tripe and it never pans out. I truly hope I am wrong tho.

good luck

-James

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:10 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1051 times
jclaydon wrote:
HarringtonLaw wrote:
Bazza wrote:
JoeChartreuse wrote:
I CAN say that distributing IP controlled product without copyright protection is a constant money loser for the companies involved, and they are not in business to lose money.

Tell it to Apple. All songs downloaded on iTunes are DRM-Free. Think they are losing constantly losing money?

They are failing to capture revenues from file-shared iTunes-originated tracks, and that's probably not insignificant. That is not the same thing as losing money, however, and from an economic perspective, as long as their operation is profitable to Apple and the record labels who own the tracks, it's likely to continue, regardless of whether there is sharing.

The truth is that change is coming in karaoke, and sooner than you expect. The future isn't media-focused at all.

Forgive my skepticism, but this is all giving me a SEVERE case of deja-vu.

Lots of people, organizations, karaoke producers been saying the exact same tripe and it never pans out. I truly hope I am wrong tho.

good luck

-James

You are wrong if you think anything is going to change in the U.S. Just not gonna happen. And that is the reality of it all.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:47 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
HarringtonLaw wrote:
They are failing to capture revenues from file-shared iTunes-originated tracks, and that's probably not insignificant.

are they capturing revenues from file-shared Disc-originated tracks?
the big focus is on sales through downloads caused this, but every SC disc ever made is on file-sharing sites ripped from physical media. for years the sales of digital downloads has been increasing faster than the sale of CD's has been decreasing. even though i agree the number is not insignificant, there are still more people buying than had before now that there are easier and more affordable ways to get what they want and that is significant.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:27 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

If anyone wants to bother to download the lawsuit against Tricerasoft and read it (and or) contact the publishers directly they can get the story directly from them. Gia you can call me names as much as you like...I only worry about what people who matter think...some here will listen...some wont it's no skin off my nose if they don't. I have been in contact with people at the publishers for nearly 2 years checking the licencing of tracks from any and all sources...you claim to have some super secret licencing that appears that the publishers are not even aware of.....I find that quite funny and look forward to buying the documents and exhibits as they are added to the legal websites.

Oh and yes you are correct I am NOT a lawyer or a licencing agent....I'm just a KJ who got dragged into this whole issue and ended up learning more than I ever wanted to know about the entire industry.....and many times I wish I was still ignorant.

Before I log myself off this forum for another 6 months I will once again advise KJ's out there to buy as much as you want/can ON DISC to CYOA....if you OWN a LEGIT MANUS tracks ON DISC the laws here in the USA protect you. Sunfly can still sell 1 of discs to us here...ZOOM can still sell remaining stock of disc (1 of's) to us as well as PartyTyme....C.Y.O.A's and prepare for what is coming down the pike.

See you all in 6 months or so.

Lee McGuffey

Last edited by kjathena on Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:27 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
kjathena wrote:
MrBoo, you are wrong...the publishers CAN and WILL put an end to the industry if piracy can not be limited. This entire thread started because the OP is unable to get access to songs.....the sky IS FALLING and it will get worse before it gets better.

I think you are wrong. There will ALWAYS be someone who will take the time to make a usable version of karaoke tracks. Whether that be an overseas outfit under some local copyright loophole, or individuals, or even pirates. The tools to create karaoke are in the wild. People will use them. Karaoke will survive, even if it meas we are relying on underground sources.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:39 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
Athena - Let's say you are right.

What are YOU going to do if every source we have dries up and there are no new releases being delivered by anyone? Continue to run using only the music you have? Tell every customer that asks you for the latest tracks that don't exist to write a letter to the publishers and their congressman?

How do you think the industry is going to change to be able to continue to deliver karaoke content that people will want to sing?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:28 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Our license is Exhibit D, Exhibit J, Exhibit M, and Exhibit 2 - I'm not buying it for you, buy it yourself - moron! Go freeze in hell with your 6 month hibernation.

(sorry Chris, did not see your posts in between - BTW: you are correct, without proper sources left that update quality karaoke, they will either force you to all pay outlandish rates under duress or force you to piracy because there won't be anyone left - by the time she wakes up again it will be like planet of the apes and the world will be inhabited by monkeys, she will fit right in...)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:10 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1085 times
I'm getting tired too..

I think this thread should cool off a bit..

I'll leave it here as a horrible example..

Lock in 3, 2, 1.

Attachment:
thread-locked-forum-pics.jpg
thread-locked-forum-pics.jpg [ 49.81 KiB | Viewed 22311 times ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7