KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Digitrax Vs Universal Music Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:55 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:42 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 309 times
Exchanging freely and free are two different things.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:36 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 92 times
Anybody have any new info on these lawsuits?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:29 pm 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
Any additional name calling or beating a dead horse, you will be dealt with.

Keep it on topic. :argue:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:01 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 610 times
BruceFan4Life wrote:
You guys are just as rabid and repetitive about karaoke piracy as Chip ever was about Sound Choice's behavior, yet you guys never get banned no matter how many people are tired of reading your drivel. Everyone of your posts can be broken down to one thing.

Boo Hoo Hoo. Woe is me! It;s not fair!

We get it! and most of us don't care.

And yours can be broken down into: "I am a slimy music thief with no morals. I'll steal what I want, and there isn't anything you can do about it!"

Bravo. You win. I am sure your family is very proud of you.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:30 pm 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Bazza wrote:
BruceFan4Life wrote:
You guys are just as rabid and repetitive about karaoke piracy as Chip ever was about Sound Choice's behavior, yet you guys never get banned no matter how many people are tired of reading your drivel. Everyone of your posts can be broken down to one thing.

And yours can be broken down into: "I am a slimy music thief with no morals. I'll steal what I want, and there isn't anything you can do about it!"

Why not take a week to think that over.. Any further posts like this, we'll see..

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:12 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 307 times
BigJer wrote:

Things move very slowly in the court system.
There probably won't be any new information to be had for quite awhile.
They are currently arguing over which would be the correct venue to try the case.
Digitrax has put forth an excellent argument as to why the case should be tried in their backyard in Tennessee, because they filed first.
Universal has put forth an excellent argument as to why the case should be tried in their backyard in California because they believe that Digitrax was trying to force the inevitable lawsuit to be in their own venue of choice.
There are a bunch of points of law to be considered by the judge before a decision can be made on the venue. That will probably take awhile.
Unfortunately, these delays only extend the time in which Digitrax is forced to maintain operations with a shrunken library.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:37 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 160 times
jdmeister wrote:
Bazza wrote:
BruceFan4Life wrote:

Why not take a week to think that over.. Any further posts like this, we'll see..

So much for the warning about name calling. Oh that's right. The cheer leaders are allowed to do that too with no fear of being banned. If I called him slimy; my post would at the least , be deleted. F-Troop back to normal Captain.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:42 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 427 times
Bruce,
Do you seriously not understand what the quoted post means?

jdmeister wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:56 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

so the cheer leaders get a second warning before they get bounced? That's really stern. Someone completely disregards the first warning because they think it is meaningless for cheer leaders and it turns out that they are correct. If I responded in kind, I'd already be serving my suspension.

Original warning was given at 3:29. Exactly 32 minutes later, Cheer leader completely disregards warning and calls me "slimy" and a "thief". I have been suspended for disregarding such warnings. Can you say "Double Standard"?

Last edited by BruceFan4Life on Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:11 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

It's not my call but I think it was definitely the right move to make. And jdmeister is NOT a cheer thing so this was not about sides. I hate even typing it because that term in itself is meant to be derogatory. It's my opinion the admins and mods put up with way too much from both sides, equally; and moderation is NOT one sided as some think. I only know of one person getting bounced and from what I gather that was much further up than the mods here.
Why can't people make their points without the finger pointing and name calling?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:24 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

The ONE person that you speak of getting banned certainly wasn't a cheer leader, was he? Most of the things that he accused "BIG BLUE" of are all coming true it seems. It's very clear what side of the fence is the "safe" side to be on. In baseball, the umpires issue a warning to "BOTH" teams if they feel that the pitchers are intentionally throwing at batters. Once the warning is given, the next time a batter is hit by a pitch, the pitcher and his team's manager are "BOTH" ejected from the game. They do NOT just get another warning.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:33 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Why?? :thinkin: I KNOW better!!! :roll:
It appears to me Baza WAS suspended (aka: temporarily bounced). So where is there any merit on your complaint or your amended complaint? Wait; don't answer that. This thread is far enough off the tracks. I'm out on the "sides" side topic. It's utterly ridiculous anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:05 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Typical cheer leader. What was he suspended for? an hour? CHIP has been banned for forever. I've been banned for months at a time...once for simply pointing out that a particular karaoke host didn't have as many weekly shows as he claimed to have. That was considered a personal attack, I guess. I guess calling someone a slimy thief isn't a personal attack?

Same KJ still claims to have more shows than he actually has. LOL

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:24 pm 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

BruceFan4Life wrote:
Typical cheer leader. What was he suspended for? an hour? CHIP has been banned for forever. I've been banned for months at a time...once for simply pointing out that a particular karaoke host didn't have as many weekly shows as he claimed to have. That was considered a personal attack, I guess. I guess calling someone a slimy thief isn't a personal attack?

Same KJ still claims to have more shows than he actually has. LOL

As you wish.. Perma Ban..

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:57 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 334 times
earthling12357 wrote:
BigJer wrote:

Things move very slowly in the court system.
There probably won't be any new information to be had for quite awhile.
They are currently arguing over which would be the correct venue to try the case.
Digitrax has put forth an excellent argument as to why the case should be tried in their backyard in Tennessee, because they filed first.
Universal has put forth an excellent argument as to why the case should be tried in their backyard in California because they believe that Digitrax was trying to force the inevitable lawsuit to be in their own venue of choice.
There are a bunch of points of law to be considered by the judge before a decision can be made on the venue. That will probably take awhile.
Unfortunately, these delays only extend the time in which Digitrax is forced to maintain operations with a shrunken library.

Agreed on all counts. Then, after all of the above have been agreed upon, each party will come up more delaying tactics, each for reasons of their own.

Yup, gonna be a bit....

P.S.: If it so happens that UM comes out on top, I'm guessing that DT might not be the only track provider that ends up with a shrinkage problem, despite the fact that UM's case was brought for specific reasons. The effects, based on this precedent, could touch other companies anyway.

" Disc based and loving it..."