KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Site user preference settings Administrative Comments, Suggestions & Questions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 4:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:56 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 11 times
Can someone tell me whether or not the "sign me in automatically" feature is erratic ? Sometimes it appears to work, other times it doesn't.

I set my preferences at the bottom of my profile to not notify me via email each time there's a response on a board I post in, yet I still receive notifications each time there's a response.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:44 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Steven Kaplan wrote:
Can someone tell me whether or not the "sign me in automatically" feature is erratic ? Sometimes it appears to work, other times it doesn't.

Hmmm .. it seems as though I am always automatically signed in when I come to the forum, unless I delete my cookies first to free up memory. Do you have a program that automatically deletes your cookies?

Dunno about the email thingy. I set my prefs so that I won't be notified by mail each time one of my posts is responded to, and so far, I haven't been.

I have noticed that there is a "Notify me when a reply is posted" category just below the "Post A Reply" box. I had assumed that checking that box would either invoke a Tsunami of epic proportions or I would just be notified about any replies to my posts on the website when I log on, but who knows. <shrug> I'm going to experiment and check the box thingy to see if anything exciting happens...

<bracing self>

Lin

"Playing with the buttons is a good thing somtimes" ---Lin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:51 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Lin,
I do delete the cookies in my internet options area each night, and originally thought that might be the problem. It's not however.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:32 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Stevers,

Hmm... <stroking chin> I dunno know then. Did you check to see if the power chord is plugged in properly? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:07 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi Steve,
When you first log in each day... there is a small box right next to where you enter the password... if you check it... and don't delete your Temporary Internet files.... you should automatically be signed in each time you visit. Once you've cleared that file, however... you have to "re-tell" it to do "autosign-in" the next time you log in.

As for changing preferences... be SURE ... you are hitting SUBMIT... and getting the "your changes have been made" screen. IF you forget to hit submit.... and use the back arrow or something else to leave that area... the "changes" won't be saved.

I'm gonna guess that is the prob. However, if you are still getting email notifications.. and you've done all of that ---> then at the bottom of the email... there is a link that says... no longer notify me. Use that and it should discontinue emails for that thread.

I give this advise based on my own experiences .... as I too have had some problems with various features.... and trial and error helped me figure out the solutions. :roll: 8) :)

Hope this helps.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:56 am 
webmaster
webmaster

Been Liked: 122 times
Excellent Advice.

I can only add: If you are still receiving emails to "notify you" is because you mau have changed your user profile settings, however this doesn't over-ride the check boxes that have been previously checked. In order for you to discontinue receiving those emails do as ShotgunCC instructed above.

I will work on some feature upgrades so that in the future members can edit or delete the topics that they are "watching"

PHiLL

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:46 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Phill, and Cindy, thanks. I have been clicking submit, and getting my "changes have been made screen". Emails keep coming, even when I click the option on the email to no longer notify me. That was the first thing I tried, prior to going into my profile preferences. In fact when I click the hyperlink in my email suggesting I am no longer interested in watching the thread, In only half the cases do I receive the screen notifying me I am no longer watching the thread, When I click the not interested in following hyperlink in the "what's your weather" thread, it takes me right to the thread, same with a few other threads. In only about half the cases do I receive the confirmation screen that I'm no longer following the thread. I am not able to stop receiving email from my own thread "adding chatroom to the site".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:51 pm 
webmaster
webmaster

Been Liked: 122 times
On the bottom lefthand side under the posts on the topic page there is a link that will either say:

Watch this topic for replies

or

Stop watching this topic

After you click on one of these you will see a message that states either:

You are now watching this topic

or

You are no longer watching this topic

That is how it works. I am looking into creating a simple modification that will list all topics that are being watched.

PHiLL

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:04 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Update: I have two computers hooked to a router which of course is programmed for my ISP which is sbcyahoo DSL. The laptop I usually gab on in here accesses this site via AOL via router configuration of my primary sbc ISP. My desktop system, which is the system that I use to read all non AOL mail has 38 viruses. My antivirus software was attacked unbeknownst to me, and just stopped working. I had to download a different program to confirm the problem. My setting problems for this room. are likely due to the fact that my system had a virus that although I was receiving mail from here still, I couldn't even delete it. I wonder how much of my mail even got out. My email address at AOL is just StevenKapian (couldn't get the L in my last name so I use an upper case i ) at the AOL domain. I would appreciate email temporarily at AOL. Naturally messages in here I receive.

1-20-05 Computer reformatted.