KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Record singing into laptop? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:42 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
I have a dell M140 with 1.8 core dou CPu and 1.5gb of ram. I would like to be able to hook this up to my Vocopro 4080FX outputs to record our singings.

Are there software/hardware out there where I can use to allow me to record good sound quality into my laptop?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:48 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 8 times
lots of software, but just be aware that laptops by the very nature that everything is squished into a small environment will not give you a crystal clear recording there is bound to be some noise from the machine. Also very few laptops have a line in (well over here anyways) so you are forced to use mic in, which is far more sensitive than a line input.
I have done it, the results were ok but nothing spectacular, the software I used was cool edit pro.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:32 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
I can always buy an external sound sound card.

My problem when recording with line in/mic in on my laptop is that it clips. What I really want to know is if there's anything that have an Anti-clipping feature where we can scream our lungs out and not have the recording clip on us.

It's been awhile but the software I used to use is called MP3 recorder or something like that. It'll record any sound on the computer to an MP3 but it clips. I have to adjust the input level to almost nothing for it not to clip.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:08 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 52 times
If it is clipping a lot, you are over powering it, turn the mic down.

As far as software....

AUDACITY  Freeware and easy to use!!!!!!

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:44 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 8 times
dannieboiz @ Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:32 am wrote:
I can always buy an external sound sound card.

My problem when recording with line in/mic in on my laptop is that it clips. What I really want to know is if there's anything that have an Anti-clipping feature where we can scream our lungs out and not have the recording clip on us.

It's been awhile but the software I used to use is called MP3 recorder or something like that. It'll record any sound on the computer to an MP3 but it clips. I have to adjust the input level to almost nothing for it not to clip.

Danny that is what I meant about the mic in on lappy being sensitive. first if you have the mic boost on then uncheck it. that will make it less sensitive. But you would be better with an external usb sound module

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:45 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 34 times
dannieboiz @ Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:42 am wrote:
I have a dell M140 with 1.8 core dou CPu and 1.5gb of ram. I would like to be able to hook this up to my Vocopro 4080FX outputs to record our singings.

Are there software/hardware out there where I can use to allow me to record good sound quality into my laptop?

Yes, I would recommend the Audigy2 ZS Notebook audio card, you'll be able to capture in wave using the EAX wave recorder that comes with the card.
Note that laptop usually use a 4200 or 5400 rpm HD and for best results, you'll need a 7200 rpm drive, you might want to look at the option of buying an external drive (Seagate or Western Digital) that connects USB2 or Firewire (better).

I own a Acer laptop that has a 5400 Hitachi HD and I had never had a click or any glitch in my sound, I'm only using this laptop in my studio to change the key on my audio track, the EAX Console software that comes with the audio card offers THE best key changer on the market, BTW!