KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - This is incredible!! Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: This is incredible!!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:27 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
I have been reading this thread and now I am very curious about this story myself. I can definitely imagine that there are really sick minds out there who dont care if they hurt other people or not.  I wonder sometimes if people think since they are only typing on a computer, the people they are writing to are just characters and not real.  CCindy, your friend my have moved on, but I am sure he is still perplexed by the strange turn of events involved with this story.  This is definitely great movie material! --Mike

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject: Re: This is incredible!!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:10 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 11 times
Quote:
I can definitely imagine that there are really sick minds out there who dont care if they hurt other people or not.

Or create a different character because they can't "let go" Mike.. I don't think a "devious" person who was just angry and vengeful could've been this successful or would've expended this much energy EVERYDAY, calling with lovey dovey stuff, I think the Beth ego felt scorned and rejected, perhaps as the Marilyn character was shocked by a few things "Adam" was saying to Marilyn yet never divulged to her as Beth regarding their relationship. Beth might've created Marilyn initially to "fish" and find out certain things that Adam wasn't able to tell Beth..In the process she sort've flipped, got confused in her own tangled web scenerio... I don't know... Beth might've felt destroyed by something that was happening too... Felt betrayed, yet was infatuated, and "evil" wasn't the goal, she was obsessed.  Especially if she was/is a sick individual, yet it does seem deviously crafty..Sick minds aren't always evil minds however,  yet what she did of course was selfish.  We don't know whether Adam did hurt her somhow even inadvertently....Beth might still be infatuated with Adam, and hoping he becomes desparately needy and lands in her net... I assume from what CCindy has stated what was a new and healthy relationship after time Adam was in, is having real probs due to illness currently, and after a time of no contact with Beth, he's resumed contact ... I wonder when that started happening... They hadn't spoken in years as of last year (as I recall).. She disappeared shortly after Marilyn did, and the past was let go in his mind...(so I believed)

This is a shocking story regarding how dangerous the internet CAN be emotionally for people that are emotionally needy. What's worse is that in extreme cases trusting people have also lost their lives.. Sociopaths also use the internet to operate..

You started a separate thread about CCindy's friends relationship  LOL .. Yet it's understandable. I am still amazed about how manipulative and unbalanced behavior can go to such depths using the internet... After all, even in real life we ocassionally hear about the businessman who led three separate family lives and had multiple spouses in different states, none knew about the other's (for awhile)... Con-artists can have a blast using the internet.  

I did some research when I found out about this over a year ago, and ended up only with more questions than I initially asked, in fact, I felt like shaking Adam....and saying "Why didn't you insist on an address or home phone..Why did you allow yourself to be at the receiving end of a relationships phone calls only ?, and DIDN'T SHE EVER SLIP with that british accent?  you even spoke with the two women during the same time period for awhile, you noticed no contradictions, or patterns,  all the time you two talked, she was that shrewd, and NEVER slipped, or are you really not at all perceptive?"  

Yet around that time, I too had a strange experience... After 5 years of being MANY peoples good friend in an America Online room, A girl who sent many cards and gifts..talked to many other regulars in the Philosophy room (she spent hours in a day), turned out to not exist as WE knew her...Her stories and name, even family and family stories that appeared amazingly consistent..was all fabricated, she never appeared guarded or defensive as a person, seemed TOO trusting..She fell off the face of the earth one day.Why did she make up such an existence ?  Some think because she initially felt scorned when new, or got off on the wrong foot..so she made up a handicapped character who was loving, lonely, and NOONE believed she was cunning or smart enough to "pull off such consistent lies".. She disappeared a month before she planned on meeting another group of room regs for the first time ever.. Seems perhaps that she fell for her own fiction, felt comfortable in fantasyland..and got a splash of cold water on her face when she realized..."I can't meet them, I'm a lie".. The internet is also a breeding haven of course, for pathological liars unfortunately..  I was amazed by CCindy's story, even did in- depth web searches for anything that had the Screennames of any of these girls, yet Marilyn REALLY covered herself..Assuming she was real and she died..there was NO trail of her WE could find..Yet personally, I never spoke with Adam, it was my own awed-fascination that pursued this, and I didn't want to rip scabs off healed wounds...This was truly an amazing story.. that either HAD to be true, or involved an AMAZING actress con-artist who for all we know, Adam might end up with yet... Now how's that for scary ??  I guess he still talks to Beth now...and she might have a second chance to "do him in", assuming Beth is Marilyn... I had to run it by some mental health worker's too.. The typical answer is, there's NO TELLING what you may find yourself in on the internet... There are good people, but MANY sick individuals operate using the internet to find victims as well of course...   Stalking a person CAN take this form of course too..  

Noone knows.  I suppose the internet can become a place where acts and facade's are only limited by ones individual skill using such a venue to "make believe".. or was it  real ?   We must always be guarded.... Someone we think we've known for years may not exist at all... Or it might be our across the hall neighbor for all we know.. and in the case of CCindy's friend, we learn that even intimate phone chatter tells us nothing as to certain individuals character...

This was tragic... I'm a sensitive person, and this floored me, it was also a great eye-opener, and people should know this type situation can and does happen.

How does a party to what appears to be "A type of mental abuse", get resolution when the party allows themselves to be "had" because they are either much too trusting, or too needy to see things clearly intellectually ?

Even if a detective is hired, what evidence is there to follow ?  What's the ACTUAL crime Beth would've created in killing Marilyn her fantasy character ?   "Alienation of affection" ?   This might be a type of fraud that falls into "All is legal among two consenting adults"...We are responsible to protect our OWN hearts....

I don't know... A real EYE OPENER !  I'm sure it happens far too often.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile