KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Dirty Songs Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Dirty Songs
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:40 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 5 times
Over the last year I have spent some bucks and time acquiring a DJ selection from the 40's until now. ( about 10,000) Frank at Roxbox will soon have a search engine that reads the id3 tags for genre and put songs in different catagories as to bad language content. With mp3,s the radio versions are the clean versions and some are labeled as such at least in the Id  2 tags.

I currently use winamps media library to group according to genre and with  crude methods convert to playlists for the software we are using. I had visions of grouping rap  and one by one putting comments in the tags to censor the bad ones fo certain genres. I wound up with over 1000 rap songs.. So much for that idea Ok you real DJ's how are you developing libraries for different venues?   If I could get a list of the dj stuff then I could start working on the karaoke... A joint effort could develop winamp playlists that contain the bad songs ... Ideas?

Edit:  Another side question How are you grouping your mp3's on the hard drive?  By genre artist in folders or all together....

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject: Re: Dirty Songs
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:52 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
The Programs I Use for DJ'ing are BPM, VIRTUAL DJ , PCDJ Red and Mixmeister.  Each program handels and plays music alittle different. as for winamp i only use it for karaoke because it doesn't have the robust features that these other programs offer and i find useful when doing a GIG. Winamp will play your music in a playlist but mixmeister will blend (not beatmix) one track into another also i can layer tracks for a remix & modify Base treble and volume at multiple points in any song. I find that this flexibility work for me when "spinning" a party. The ID tag on the music file has the Genre field labeled and you can sort by this field in any of the above programs. on the hard drive I've experimented with many different ways to file my music and to me the easiest and fastest way to locate something is Alphabetic order by artist....... same way a Phone Book is set up, if you know who sings you know where to find it - if you don't know who sings it search for it as if to play the song and you'll see who sings it.
           Promo Only lists the songs on there CD's that have explicit lyrics i usually add "clean" or "Dirty" at the end of the title on all the Rap when ripping the Song. hope that helps.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile