KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Venting Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Venting
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:22 pm 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Been Liked: 0 time
After a show I've made it a habit to jump onto the forum to wind down
before I go to bed. I'm always wanting to vent to someone about the night,
but I don't see a lot of that going on.
So I thought I'd start a thread for after show venting.

Last night I had a pair of guy singers come up to sing the "Rodeo Song". Both of them drunk, one more than the other. Well the one guy starts throwing up on stage. Yuch!
He hands me the mic to get down, still puking. Thank goodness he had the sense not to puke on the mic. Well the song wasn't over yet and his buddy was still singing it. He comes back on stage to continue singing. I told him he has had to much to drink please get down. He had a cement grip on the mic and wasn't going to give it up. The bouncer had to intervene. Than the guy was whining I wouldn't let him sing.

Sorry but if you puke on stage - YOUR DONE SINGING !!

I'm thinking of starting a "Karaoke Sobriety Test".
LMAO RULES* LMAO

1. You must sing "Devil Went Down To Georgia" without slurring or missing words

2. You must be able to stand while singing this song and not stumble

3. NO PUKING, KNOCKING OVER EQUIPMENT, OR SCREAMING while singing

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject: Re: Venting
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:28 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Wow! That is awfullllllllll!  I'd probably follow suit, I don't have a very strong stomache when it comes to that! :(

Susie :)

and be a star!!!!

Karaoke with Full House Entertainment

[scroll]Just because I have a short attention span doesn't mean...... :confused: [/scroll]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:48 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

That's just sick ...

Two things that REALLY bother me...

1. Someone starts to make a small speech or whatnot after singing, and won't hand the microphone over...no one really cares except the people he/she is with and just get frustrated as they waste time...

2. When a group of two or more get up more than once and don't really bother singing, but instead just start laughing and giggling, and maybe try and say a verse or two...

The second one only bothers me if like I said, they were up more than once and didn't even try. I can understand the first time you are up there, it could seem overwhelming or really silly...but don't continue to do it and waste time.

OH also...

3. People who do typical songs and think they are the most original person alive...mostly "I Like Big Butts" "Love Shack" Those two songs just annoy the crap out of me because they are done ALL THE TIME!!! Some regular songs I love hearing all the time "Sweet Caroline" "I Love RocknRoll" and of course the ever famous "Boheiman Rhapsody"  but again this is probably my taste in music as well :drunk:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:18 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 11 times
Quote:

Man,  Thing's have become so conservative within the past 40 years  :puke:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:20 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

LMAO

Susie :)

and be a star!!!!

Karaoke with Full House Entertainment

[scroll]Just because I have a short attention span doesn't mean...... :confused: [/scroll]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:24 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 59 times
What BARFING isnt a key part of the show at your show??? Heres what you say when that or fights or other unbecoming behavior happens. "NOW THAT"S ENTERTAINMENT!! AND YOU CAN ONLY FIND THAT HERE AT THE______________________BAR!!  ITS ALL PART OF OUR ENTERTAINMENT HERE AT THE________________BAR!! :drunk:   :yum:  :O  LOL  LMAO

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:08 pm 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
Steven Kaplan @ Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:18 pm wrote:
Quote:

Man,  Thing's have become so conservative within the past 40 years  :puke:

Steven.. You know you're old..  LMAO

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:07 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

I'd say I'm catching up to you Jerry,  yet that'll never happen LOL

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:02 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 4 times
Quote:
1. Someone starts to make a small speech or whatnot after singing, and won't hand the microphone over...

I encountered a few of those last night.  I was wishing someone would call a cab for them (because obviously they were too drunk to drive) and that they would leave!  But it didn't happen.  So I left first.  :P

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:45 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

In the years we've been doing it...TG that is ONE thing that has never happened!...Since we've lived here over 25 years, and know or are related to half the bar..LOL...we pretty much know when they've had enough. When they are asleep at the bar...or nodding off...i just quietly pull their ticket out...they don't even notice.

I'm telling g/f...THAT is when you need the Clorox wipes!...ick!...I feel for ya.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:37 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Melly @ Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:45 pm wrote:

I'm telling g/f...THAT is when you need the Clorox wipes!...ick!...I feel for ya.

LMAO  LMAO Melly I was thinking of you and the clorox wipes when he handed me the mic - I did have the hand sanitizer with me though

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:55 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

I just can't help but think if I ever got into the KJ thing, I'd have to have several microphones available.. Perhaps the Shure SM-48, 57, 58  tucked away for the decent folks, and for these special needs cases, the Realistic $19.95 model with the windscreen that's as difficult to figure out how to remove as a chinese puzzle.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:48 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

SwingcatKurt @ Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:24 am wrote:
What BARFING isnt a key part of the show at your show??? Heres what you say when that or fights or other unbecoming behavior happens.

I've only ever seen any fighting break out once.  Sod's law said it had to be while I was singing  :O

Luckily  a) it was a wireless mic, and b) I knew the song well enough not to need to screen, so I just moved out of the way and carried on!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:34 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

While we have a venting thread, I guess I'll take the opportunity to have a moan about the rubbish KJ who was running a show last weekend.  (Although I'd prefer to have a moan about the bar I normally going to getting new management who decided they didn't want karaoke any more :( so I went somewhere else)

- no reverb on the mics
- speakers positioned so you were behind them and could hardly hear the music
- mics too low so you could hardly hear them either

having done the audio mixing for a number of stage productions I know it's not easy, but he seemed to be mixing it on a one setting suits everyone basis.  I was having a real hard time singing, I'm sure I was way off-key on many occasions and definitely missed my cue after the instrumental breaks a couple of times.

rant over :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:53 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 5 times
Quote:
I've only ever seen any fighting break out once.  Sod's law said it had to be while I was singing  Surprise

Luckily  a) it was a wireless mic, and b) I knew the song well enough not to need to screen, so I just moved out of the way and carried on!

True story... Dale was playing pool and singing,  was 3 sheets to the wind...Somebody picked up his lighter by mistake and had it sitting on his table... Next thing we knew Dale had him up against the wall just as the bar tender was popping out from behind the bar, the kj said ok lets get Dale up here...Dale backed off shook his finger at the suspect and said dont go anywhere..Dale went up and sang feed jake and then stormed off the stage... Where in the hell did he go? We were all laughing so hard we were crying... LMAO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:43 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Quote:
1. Someone starts to make a small speech or whatnot after singing, and won't hand the microphone over...no one really cares except the people he/she is with and just get frustrated as they waste time...

At my show, when the song is over, I slide the mic closed and start announcing the next singer.  You wanna make a speech it's into a dead mic.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:00 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

isolve this by shutting off the mike as soon as the lyrics to the song are done and turn mine on and start praising the performance. It usually works. If not I'' 6 Feet tal and 240 Pounds so I just scare em away LOL.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:45 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

I really feel like if I was a male and not a female I wouldn't have half the problems I have.

NO RESPECT - I look younger than I really am too, so sometimes I feel like they think they can get away with more.

All the bouncer has to do is step on the stage and the problem people start to behave.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:27 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

I agree, IF YOU PUKE, YOU DON'T GET THE MIC AGAIN! As for the "Mic Hoggers" wanting to tell their life story or do stand up comedy, I simply turn off their mic's and hold out my hand for it to be returned to me. Karaoke is all about fun but it's no fun to listen to a drunk babble on endlessly about nothing.

Live Fast, Run Hard and Enjoy Life, you're only here for a short time. Respect you're neighbor and Hope they respect you, if they don't, they're not worth your time. Keep a song in your heart and a smile on your face. Peace and Love to you all! :dancin:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:55 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Oh Babs!  That is just sick!  I've never heard anyone do that in my life! You could always put up a sign by the stage saying, "This is a Puke Free Zone."

As for fights, they happen at least once every few weeks.  Quite annoying but I've gotten used to them.  I usually just keep going but the last fight happened when I was singing the last song of the night and there was literally a fight of 5 people with about 15 people surrounding them.  I had to kill the music and announce on the mic that the cops were on their way.  

As for people liking to talk on the mic when it isn't part of the song.  I turn the mic up when the music begins and do as Big Mike does, immediately kill the volume when the lyrics are done and begin praises and call up the next singer.  The singer is usually too drunk to notice that I killed the volume and thinks he successfully gave his speech.